Trade Suggestion
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vicman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 9:13 am    Post subject: Trade Suggestion

ok i have a couple of trades in mind to really shake this team up. other players may have to be invoved to make things work. but what i am trying to do is get younger and make us more athletic, better defesively hopefully keeping us cometitive.

laker trade george, slava, mckie #1 pick to Utah for boozer

lakers trade mihm, Green to chicago for Duhon, Deng

lakers trade odom, parker walton to New York for fry, crawford, Robinson, azia. lee

incoming players duhon, dneg, crawford, robinson, azia, frye, boozer

gets us younger and i think just as competitive better peremiter defense and if boozer can play inot the old form just as good as rebounding.

we would have some really young bigs bynum, fye, kwame, boozer, turaif i believe 23 is the oldest. both deng and azia could be huge defensive stoppers. crawford give us scoring while duhon gives us d and smarts. robinson could be a 2nd team spark plug.
LAL25
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 9:16 am    Post subject:

Every single one of those teams would laugh at Mitch before hanging up on those trade proposals.
40ptmachine
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 9:16 am    Post subject:

Trade suggestion or changing the whole team ?
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 10:04 am    Post subject:

So reality is now suspended? Sweet!

George for Lebron, Slava for Bosh, McKie for Hinrich.

Done, done and done.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 10:05 am    Post subject:

Hector the Pup wrote:

Done, done and done.

Do it Mitch!!!
KobeButler
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 10:13 am    Post subject:

Hector the Pup wrote:

Done, done and done.

Lebron is just a rich man's Devean George with better hops. Plus George is too valuble to trade, he knows the triangle.

We can get better for Slava's expring contract.

Mckie and Hinrich is just a wash. Lateral move.
BigEvil
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 10:36 am    Post subject:

NBA Live crashed after I made all those trades...

Sage_10
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 11:26 am    Post subject:

BigEvil wrote:
NBA Live crashed after I made all those trades...

Savory Griddles
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 11:28 am    Post subject:

I love how people are convinced that the second tier players on two last place teams would make that much better.
The Mike
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 11:57 am    Post subject: Re: Trade Suggestion

vicman wrote:
ok i have a couple of trades in mind to really shake this team up. other players may have to be invoved to make things work. but what i am trying to do is get younger and make us more athletic, better defesively hopefully keeping us cometitive.

lakers trade odom, parker walton to New York for fry, crawford, Robinson, azia. lee

gets us younger and i think just as competitive better peremiter defense and if boozer can play inot the old form just as good as rebounding.

we would have some really young bigs bynum, fye, kwame, boozer, turaif i believe 23 is the oldest. both deng and azia could be huge defensive stoppers. crawford give us scoring while duhon gives us d and smarts. robinson could be a 2nd team spark plug.

Boozer? He has more injuries than games played in the last year.

Isiah isn't trying to move any of his rookies and you have him moving all three in one deal?

You really think Chicago would go for a solid center and an undrafted rookie, for two players that they feel are a big part of their teams future?

Lets work with in the realm of reality.
"Kobe Bryant is an absolute nightmare. You can hold your breath, send for help, sacrifice a chicken, it won't matter. Kobe Bryant is coming for you. He's got the ball and he's going to score...some way, some how."
Dancing Barry
venicebeach
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 1:57 pm    Post subject:

Hector the Pup wrote:

Done, done and done.

in our dreams
fansincemagic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 9:31 am    Post subject:

I didn't want to start my own "lets do this trade" thread, cause there's so many of them. I'll tag on this one, and add on to the Mihm to Chicago suggestion.

If indeed Chicago is hard up for a post player, Mihm is likely LA's best. Some would cringe at dealing Mihm at this point without getting a center in return, but bare with me. Ben Gordon's game last night raises his stock a tad, but I'd be for a Mihm for Gordon deal. You'd likely have to add on the deal, and you'd still need to think of a way to replace Mihm with either a PF/C. If the Bulls are more likely to give up Sweetney, I'd take him and Gordon for Mihm and a player. George's expiring deal would make sense for Chicago, being able to play Deng more at SG, but the numbers don't work.

The best I could think of is this:

Chicago gets:Mihm, George, Sasha and a future 1st
LA gets: Gordon, Piatkowski, and Sweetney

If indeed Brown's contract kills a cap clearing movement later, you have to jump on the chance to get a guy like Gordon. You'd start him at the PG spot, and slide him over to SG at times with Kobe sliding over to the 3 spot, and Odom to the 4 for a quicker lineup. To me, being able to use Kobe at different spots makes him even more dangerous. Sweeney can't hang as a center, and I still don't like him against some of the stronger west PFs, but he does have a post game. You'd platoon Sweeney with Cook and Odom at times at PF. Brown starts for now, and Bynum would have to take a slight jump in minutes.

The key thing of picking up Gordon is picking up another big man. If you can sweeten a Mihm/Gordon deal, you'd look to deal George and maybe a PG somewhere else for a big man. That is a lot of activity, and I don't see the Lakers doing much, but if Gordon is available for a guy like Mihm you've got to look at it. With no plan for adding a big name FA (if there was one), a future of Gordon/Kobe/Odom/Brown(if he ever comes around)/Bynum looks pretty good.
angel
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 9:38 am    Post subject:

I would like KG as long as we're asking.
vicman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 9:41 am    Post subject: Re: Trade Suggestion

The Mike wrote:
vicman wrote:

Boozer? He has more injuries than games played in the last year.

Isiah isn't trying to move any of his rookies and you have him moving all three in one deal?

You really think Chicago would go for a solid center and an undrafted rookie, for two players that they feel are a big part of their teams future?

Lets work with in the realm of reality.

New York Brown loves Odom and Odom is better than any of the players we are getting back. Now maybe it is a bit if a stretch to get all 3 rookies. but if you think about the deal it is not that far fetched. just because these guys are young does nto make them better. I still think odom in the right situation will thrive he is just to talented. put him in the post and let him play the point forward. The problem in our offense is his jumper is suspect so we are putting him in places on the floor that he is not so much a triple threat in that postion. in the post he would be

Boozer is the risk for sure but that is why we get him so cheap. i mean i take the risk because i would assume his attitude has more to do with him sitting than his hamstring and he wants to be here.

Duhon was rumored to be on the block for gooden. IMO the bulls are starving for a big that can score with the back to the basket and mihm is about the best fopr the price that is available. I would rather do a gordon for mihm straight up. but if they are hell bent on keeping him and hinrich together but want a post player then they have to give up 2 young guys because a big is much harder to find and they have redundancy in front of duhon and deng. maybe we have to add a pick or just do gordon straight up.

i do not think they are going to do all these trades but i think everyone of thses trades is possible they are not lopsided to say the least. the only questionable trade is boozer but that is more a financial move for the jazz then a personnell move.
ajaxxx
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 9:42 am    Post subject:

medvenko,mckie,walton =danny fortson
sodapoppenski
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 9:57 am    Post subject: Re: Trade Suggestion

vicman wrote:

Who ARE you?

Not a single one of those trades would ever, ever, ever, ever, ever happen.

It's not even close.

@ Boozer no matter what with his contract/health risk.

@ timewasting threads!
bounty
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 10:15 am    Post subject:

Looking ahead to summer deals

There still are games to be played and a title to be decided, but Sports Illustrated already is looking ahead at potential moves this summer.
One blockbuster: Indiana Pacers forward Jermaine O'Neal going to Chicago for guard Kirk Hinrich and the New York Knicks' unprotected lottery pick, which was received in the Eddy Curry trade. The magazine had a picture of O'Neal in a Bulls' home uniform wearing his No. 7. It wouldn't be surprising if O'Neal's name is mentioned in trade rumors this summer if the Pacers don't have a successful playoff run.
Pacers rookie forward Danny Granger also was mentioned, but in a positive way. Granger is one of five players listed for a breakthrough in the second half of the season.

lo for jo
Sage_10
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 11:23 am    Post subject:

Smel Counts
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 11:29 am    Post subject:

Chicago needs bigs.
We need Kobe/triangle/defensive friendly players who are preferably cap friendly.
We can't worry about what the Shat trade turned into anymore, we need to get on the right track as fast as possible. And Paxson is probably the only GM who would deal fairly w/ the Lakers/Phil.
Outgoing:
Kwame
Odom
Mihm
McKie

Incoming:
Thomas (or Chandler if they want to get rid of his contract)
Duhon (the perfect 30 min/gm initiator and Kobe/complement)
Sweetney (Can body and board, play C in a pinch)
Nocioni (a poor man's Bowen, shooting .43% from 3)
Harrington (Stopgap toughguy until Bynum is full-time)
A 1st rounder (hopefully NY's but probably not).

Lakers next year:
Harrington/Bynum/Sweetney
Sweetney/Cook/Turiaf (possibly Chandler who Kareem could mentor)
Nocioni/Walton/Green
Kobe/Sasha/Wafer
Duhon/Smush

A young, triangle-friendly, hard-nosed, scrappy,
good-rebounding, defensive-minded team that can grow together.
Plus we still have the Miami pick, a lottery pick (probably Chicago's), and the '07 plan is back w/ up to $30 mil. in spending space (unless we also have Chandler)

Bulls next year.
Mihm/Kwame
Chandler/
Odom/Deng
Gordon/Deng
Hinrich/McKie

In '07
Bynum
Kobe
Duhon
Chandler or his cap space
Cook, Sweetney, Nocioni, Smush, Sasha, Turiaf, Walton, Wafer, and/or Green(if we decide to keep any of them).
Whoever we draft in the first round and tons of cap $.

The Odom and Brown experiments are over, but they can both help other teams in the right situations.
lakers1969
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 12:01 pm    Post subject:

Smel Counts wrote:
Chicago needs bigs.
We need Kobe/triangle/defensive friendly players who are preferably cap friendly.
We can't worry about what the Shat trade turned into anymore, we need to get on the right track as fast as possible. And Paxson is probably the only GM who would deal fairly w/ the Lakers/Phil.
Outgoing:
Kwame
Odom
Mihm
McKie

Incoming:

Lakers next year:
Nocioni/Walton/Green
Kobe/Sasha/Wafer
Duhon/Smush

Plus we still have the Miami pick, a lottery pick (probably Chicago's), and the '07 plan is back w/ up to $30 mil. in spending space (unless we also have Chandler)

Bulls next year.
Mihm/Kwame
Chandler/
Odom/Deng
Gordon/Deng
Hinrich/McKie

In '07
Bynum
Kobe
Duhon
Cook, Sweetney, Nocioni, Smush, Sasha, Turiaf, Walton, Wafer, and/or Green(if we decide to keep any of them).

The Odom and Brown experiments are over, but they can both help other teams in the right situations.

Probably PJ can persuade the Chicago owner to take the bait.
jaidai
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 12:39 pm    Post subject:

Kobe for Jordan, Bird, and Russell...

http://www.hierosites.com
Bradyda-LeSueur
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 1:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Trade Suggestion

vicman wrote:

nice idea...but Zeke isn't going to just jump on the idea of loosing Frye just because DG was changed to parker and walton...he'd still say no and say "No Bynum...no Frye...and losing Mihm for nothing is bad...if Chicago wanted to give us like Chandler or someone else then fair...but other than that no thanks...I do liek your thinking though...good job...keep thinking of stuff and maybe you'll hit something lucky and that everyone likes...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger Reply with quote
Bradyda-LeSueur
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 1:20 pm    Post subject:

Smel Counts wrote:
Chicago needs bigs.
Outgoing:
Kwame
Odom
Mihm
McKie

Incoming:

Lakers next year:
Nocioni/Walton/Green
Kobe/Sasha/Wafer
Duhon/Smush

Bulls next year.
Mihm/Kwame
Chandler/
Odom/Deng
Gordon/Deng
Hinrich/McKie

In '07
Bynum
Kobe
Duhon

I like that a litte...but I think it would be nice to get someone else for Mihm...but whatever works...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger Reply with quote
Wags_16
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 2:00 pm    Post subject:

These are almost as bad as the Dawn trade proposals on the AOL board.
AirKobe8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 2:04 pm    Post subject:

Try teaching the triangle to them all.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: