Anybody watching Counterpart?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 1:07 pm    Post subject: Anybody watching Counterpart?

Parallel worlds, a body in each world, two personalities, different yet alike. Different levels of responsibilities allows some to travel between both worlds.

J.K. Simmons is a much better actor than I gave him credit for being.

It's supposed to be two, ten episode seasons.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Anybody watching Counterpart?

jodeke wrote:
Parallel worlds, a body in each world, two personalities, different yet alike. Different levels of responsibilities allows some to travel between both worlds.

J.K. Simmons is a much better actor than I gave him credit for being.

It's supposed to be two, ten episode seasons.

I've heard great things about it. I'll check it out tonight.
ani007
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:35 pm    Post subject:

gonna start it and nice episode 2 is on tonight thanks for the recc. i like jk simmons he was lit in whiplash lol
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:45 pm    Post subject:

I caught the early preview of ep 1 a few weeks ago. Looking forward to part 2 tonight.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 6:42 pm    Post subject:

If you have STARZ both episodes are in STARZ ON DEMAND

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 6:45 pm    Post subject:

Gunna start tonight
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:40 pm    Post subject:

Yeah, love JK Simmons, and the premise is excellent. The pilot was as good as expected.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:19 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
Yeah, love JK Simmons, and the premise is excellent. The pilot was as good as expected.

He's come a long way from J. Jonah Jameson.

Omar Little

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:49 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Omar Little wrote:

That was just a paid cartoon role. Check him out in Oz.
Gatekeeper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:30 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Omar Little wrote:

Eh, I liked his President Ackerman more. Unfortunately, it gave Trump some ideas.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:03 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Omar Little wrote:

That was just a paid cartoon role. Check him out in Oz.

I know. I became aware of his versatility when I saw Whiplash. He hasn't been typecast,

numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:45 am    Post subject:

Haven't seen last night's episode yet but am following the show. The story is interesting but Simmons characters have been good to me but not great. Maybe it's because Orphan Black just ended last year and I can't help but compare the performances.

Even though Simmons played a similar meek character in The Accountant, his Counterpart character, which is how I'm used to perceiving him based on past roles, just makes that meek character seem less believable.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:48 am    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
Haven't seen last night's episode yet but am following the show. The story is interesting but Simmons characters have been good to me but not great. Maybe it's because Orphan Black just ended last year and I can't help but compare the performances.

Even though Simmons played a similar meek character in The Accountant, his Counterpart character, which is how I'm used to perceiving him based on past roles, just makes that meek character seem less believable.

THe beauty is watching the subtle differences between how his two selves carry themselves and behave, and even their facial expressions. It was fun watching the final scene in the last episode because we see meek Howard take on not only some of the steel that other Howard has (which means it is in him), but you see him take on his walk as well. That is not easy to do as an actor.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:27 pm    Post subject:

The world more advanced seems to be trying to keep it's existence secret from the other world. There seems to be a medical reason.

I'm still trying to wrap my mind around the plot. Why are the worlds conflicting?

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:08 pm    Post subject:

Watched The Accountant tonight with Jonathan Kimble. He's very nimble. He's able to play just about any character.

numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:17 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Watched The Accountant tonight with Jonathan Kimble. He's very nimble. He's able to play just about any character.

Loved his J. Jonah Jameson portrayals in the Raimi Spider-Man trilogy. He absolutely nailed the silver age version of JJJ from the comic books.

Watched this week's episode last night and enjoyed it, especially the interaction between Howard and counterpart Emily.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:08 pm    Post subject:

^^^^ J Jonah Jameson=J K Simmons // J Jonah Jameson=comic book character

ani007
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:37 pm    Post subject:

SPOILERRRR

can someone please explain/sum up todays episode.... i get his wife lied to him not telling him he's an agent....and in the other world the agency is compromised and the wife messes with his mind and he's "tougher."
and there's some sort of leak/mole and "something big" is coming and i got tripped out when the other girl said the same thing about the husband being handsome but terrible cook. later i realized they were each others' other wasn't paying super attention lol jut feel like i missed stuff...daughters bf was a dick
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: