Ron Artest to join the cast of Celebrity Big Brother
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:47 pm    Post subject: Ron Artest to join the cast of Celebrity Big Brother

Never seen the show but unless he provides some interesting NBA stories probably not worth watching

http://ew.com/tv/2018/01/28/celebrity-big-brother-cast-including-omarosa-revealed/

Quote:
Celebrity Big Brother cast (including Omarosa) revealed

The Olympics will not be the only star-studded televised competition happening on TV this February. (That’s depending on your definition of “star-studded,” of course.) Because in a move of counter-programming genius — or folly — CBS is rolling out a special winter celebrity edition of its Big Brother franchise on Feb. 7.

And now the network has finally revealed during the Grammys just who was crazy enough to lock themselves in a house for two-and-a-half-weeks to amuse and entertain us. (Once again, this all depends on your definition of “entertain.”) The list includes four former Celebrity Apprentice contestants as well as three Dancing with the Stars hoofers, meaning 7 of the 11 new houseguests come from one of those two shows.

The famous faces taking part in Celebrity Big Brother are:

Omarosa Manigault
The two-time Apprentice contestant and Trump campaigner departed the White House for the Big Brother house. No word on if that is trading up or trading down.

Mark McGrath
The Sugar Ray singer also did a stint on Celebrity Apprentice. He’s actually been on many a reality television program, including Celebrity Wife Swap, a guest judge on American Idol, and host of not one but TWO Pussycat Dolls shows.

Shannon Elizabeth
The American Pie star may not like living on slop if she becomes a “Have Not.” She also appeared on Dancing with the Stars, because of course she did.

Metta World Peace
The former Ron Artest won NBA Defensive Player of the Year honors as well as an NBA title. He’s also best known for the “Malice at the Palace” brawl between fans and players in Detroit while a member of the Indiana Pacers. Not that there’s ever any fighting on Big Brother.

Brandi Glanville
It wouldn’t be a celebrity reality show without a Real Housewife. This time, it’s Brandi from Beverly Hills, who also paid her dues on Celebrity Apprentice. (Who didn’t?)

James Maslow
The Big Time Rush star also got fourth place on season 18 of Dancing with the Stars.

Keshia Knight Pulliam
Rudy Huxtable is in the house! The Big Brother house, to be exact. She also appeared on, yes, Celebrity Apprentice.

Marissa Janet Winokur
The Hairspray Broadway star was on the same season of Dancing with the Stars as her new housemate Shannon Elizabeth. Instant alliance?

Ariadna Gutierrez
She was Miss Universe in 2015… for about two minutes. Then it was revealed that host Steve Harvey had read the wrong name. Whoops!

Chuck Liddell
The former mixed martial artist will have to use his smarts and social skills, not his fists to win this competition.

Ross Matthews
The former Tonight Show intern is a judge on RuPaul’s Drag Race. But now he will be judged by his fellow housemates… and America.

Celebrity Big Brother premieres Feb. 7 on CBS and will conclude Feb. 25. But one can only assume that it will remain in our hearts… forever.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 6:12 pm    Post subject:

I love Big Brother, but this show is super dangerous to be on if they have live streams. Say one politically incorrect thing and Ron could be living it down for months if not years.

Maybe the CBB will just be an edited show.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 6:14 pm    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
I love Big Brother, but this show is super dangerous to be on if they have live streams. Say one politically incorrect thing and Ron could be living it down for months if not years.

This is Ron Artest we're talking about here if he can live down being part of one of the worst sports brawls in American sports history this is nothing.
Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 6:20 pm    Post subject:

Interesting, slightly higher profile cast than I was predicting but, as a huge fan of the show, still not expecting much.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 6:22 pm    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

This is Ron Artest we're talking about here if he can live down being part of one of the worst sports brawls in American sports history this is nothing.

You don't know the Big Brother fandom... if you say anything sexist, racist, transphobic, homophobic they will drag you for weeks and weeks. Ron just got in a fight, they wouldn't care about that. I'll still be rooting for him though.
kobe_luver
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 6:39 pm    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:

Nope...it'll be 24 hour live feeds on CBS Access.

I watch every season....love this show!! So glad Ron is on there but you are right about saying the wrong thing following you. Can't see Ron watching his words.....we'll see.
kobe_luver
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 6:44 pm    Post subject:

Ross Mathews loves Big Brother.....this is a dream come true for him!! He's a hoot. Everyone is in the house already (yesterday) so CBS 24 hour feeds will miss the first week or so in the house.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 6:55 pm    Post subject:

kobe_luver wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

I watch every season....love this show!! So glad Ron is on there but you are right about saying the wrong thing following you. Can't see Ron watching his words.....we'll see.

Yep, Ron will speak his mind... I think this group we'll be fun to watch but I hope he doesn't get baited into some crazy fight that ruins his reputation again.
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:17 pm    Post subject:

BB is mine and my gf’s guilty pleasure, so I was pretty excited for this. When I found out MWP was going to be on, my excitement shot through the roof.

But then I saw Omarosa was on it too and my excitement came crashing back down..
The Logo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:28 pm    Post subject:

Geesh, good luck dealing with Omarosa, Ron
kobe_luver
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:32 pm    Post subject:

The Logo wrote:
Geesh, good luck dealing with Omarosa, Ron

Yep....so true!!
OCWA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:26 pm    Post subject:

BB is a guilty pleasure and the only reality show I watch. I won't be watching this though. The whole appeal of the regular BB is watching average people trapped inside a house for 3 month trying to win 500K and the social and personal dynamics that transpire. There are a plethora of reality shows with "celebrities" and this will just be another that I have no interest in.
kobe_luver
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:17 pm    Post subject:

OCWA wrote:
BB is a guilty pleasure and the only reality show I watch. I won't be watching this though. The whole appeal of the regular BB is watching average people trapped inside a house for 3 month trying to win 500K and the social and personal dynamics that transpire. There are a plethora of reality shows with "celebrities" and this will just be another that I have no interest in.

Not even to watch Ron Ron?
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:38 am    Post subject:

Didn't realize there were so many BB fans on LG....the only reality show that I really watch....have since Season 1. Not too excited about the Celebrity version. I read where a CBS executive said the BB audience is not the largest....but it was the strongest...almost cult like following!

Have to get a thread in Off Topic when season begins....
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:32 pm    Post subject:

I actually work on this show. Sadly, i am not one of the producers who gets to do interviews, so I won't be able to ask him anything.

EDIT: Didn't know there were so many BB fans on LG! What up, fam!?
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:38 pm    Post subject:

kobe_luver wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

Big Brother is my Sh!t but watching Paul lose 2 years in row wasn't cool the dude was the only one playing last year

sometimes the fans need to give these guys a breaks about what they say they're on the air 24/7 for the whole summer
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:43 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Didn't realize there were so many BB fans on LG....the only reality show that I really watch....have since Season 1. Not too excited about the Celebrity version. I read where a CBS executive said the BB audience is not the largest....but it was the strongest...almost cult like following!

Have to get a thread in Off Topic when season begins....

The Celebrity version is only going to be 3 weeks so think of it as spring training
mookielala
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:30 pm    Post subject:

I would never watch this show, but now I'm interested. He is a fascinating human being.
kobe_luver
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:14 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
I actually work on this show. Sadly, i am not one of the producers who gets to do interviews, so I won't be able to ask him anything.

EDIT: Didn't know there were so many BB fans on LG! What up, fam!?

How cool that you work on BB!!

I am also surprised there are quite a few of us BB watchers/fans here at LG!! Starts in one week!
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:18 pm    Post subject:

Bump
kobe_luver
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:04 pm    Post subject:

First show is on tonight on CBS 8-9 pm. Watch tonight because who knows how long he'll be there.

Can't wait for the show to start.

Good luck Ron!!

Basketball Fan
.....please add the day (today) and time of the show tonight to the thread's title.
Vanquish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:31 pm    Post subject:

So apparently, Metta has already caused major drama in the house. It's a spoiler so I will post a link from someone who has supposed knowledge of the incident.

The poster has posted accurate spoiler about BB before according to the people who post in the BB forum. Personally, I don't know for sure myself.

If it's true, I'm not suprised. The house causes even level-headed people to do some crazy stuff, if past seasons are to be believed.

Details about metta's incident in the BB house

ETA: I fixed the link, the URL code is tricky.
lakersgirl
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:49 pm    Post subject:

Watching the show currently, surprised by how quickly Metta was out during the HOH competition

Pau Gasol is nice
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:23 pm    Post subject:

lakersgirl wrote:
Watching the show currently, surprised by how quickly Metta was out during the HOH competition

Smaller people tend to have an advantage in endurance challenges for BB, MWP has a lot of weight to hold up.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:12 am    Post subject:

Lucky_Shot wrote:
lakersgirl wrote:

Smaller people tend to have an advantage in endurance challenges for BB, MWP has a lot of weight to hold up.

true...but dude did drop a little quicker than I expected....
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: