LaBron to Warriors?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What do you think about LeBron going to the Warriors?
GOOD IDEA FOR HIM
16%
 16%  [ 3 ]
GOOD IDEA FOR THE WARRIORS
16%
 16%  [ 3 ]
BAD FOR LeBRON AND THE WARRIORS
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
GOOD FOR BASKETBALL
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
BAD FOR BASKETBALL
33%
 33%  [ 6 ]
TARNISH HIS LEGACY
11%
 11%  [ 2 ]
ENHANCE HIS LEGACY
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
OTHER
16%
 16%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 18

slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:17 pm    Post subject:

Obviously every great player has a big ego, and it's part of what makes them great. But not all big egos are alike. Sometimes Lebron comes off as if he has some kind of deep seated insecurity, hence his need to always be the center of attention and hype himself up, like congratulating himself on hitting 30,000 points and posting #kingofNY on IG, even though he's never even lived in the NYC area. Seems like such antics will ultimately hurt his brand and reputation.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:16 pm    Post subject:

I don't feel the Instagram was bred from insecurity. It was to his younger self. I take it like Kobe's "Hello Basketball."
Quote:
Wanna be one of the first to Congratulate you on this accomplishment/achievement tonight that you’ll reach! Only a handful has reach/seen it too and while I know it’s never been a goal of yours from the beginning try(please try) to take a moment for yourself on how you’ve done it! The House you’re about to be apart of has only 6 seats in it(as of now) but 1 more will be added and you should be very proud and honored to be invited inside. There’s so many people to thank who has help this even become possible(so thank them all) and when u finally get your moment(alone) to yourself smile, look up to the higher skies and say THANK YOU! So with that said, Congrats again Young King 🤴🏾! 1 Love! #striveforgreatness🚀 #thekidfromakron👑

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:53 pm    Post subject:

Lebron already has the reputation for taking the easy way out. If that didn’t hurt his legacy because he won twice in Miami, why would this hurt his legacy? He would be doing the same thing except now he is past his prime.

Someone might say “He is doing it again” but I don’t think that means much. He showed before that he would make this decision so we shouldn’t be surprised. And now he can say Durant did it too.

Also fwiw CP3 joining up with Harden was a way to make things easier for CP3. He couldn’t sign with the Warriors and if he wanted a bigger challenge he could have stayed in LA or maybe joined a team that was garbage.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:47 am    Post subject:

Is the easy way out forming a super team and doing what it takes to get a ring or a player doing what it takes to reach a goal all players want to reach? Was going back to Cleveland the easy way out? He won a ship there. In a city that hadn't had a championship in 52 years. He did it without a super team. It's swept under the rug.

Like he said when a GM trades a player it's business. When a player forges his own destiny, he's a traitor.

Look at Blake Griffin. He signed a 5 year extension and was traded 1 year into it. Management didn't have the decency to tell him face to face, he found out via twitter.

LeBron uses what he has to live his life his way and he's ostracized. He's damned if he does, damned if he doesn't.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:17 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Is the easy way out forming a super team and doing what it takes to get a ring or a player doing what it takes to reach a goal all players want to reach? Was going back to Cleveland the easy way out? He won a ship there. In a city that hadn't had a championship in 52 years. He did it without a super team. It's swept under the rug.

Like he said when a GM trades a player it's business. When a player forges his own destiny, he's a traitor.

Look at Blake Griffin. He signed a 5 year extension and was traded 1 year into it. Management didn't have the decency to tell him face to face, he found out via twitter.

LeBron uses what he has to live his life his way and he's ostracized. He's damned if he does, damned if he doesn't.

It's one thing to "form" a superteam like he did in 2010. I won't give him much heat (no pun intended) for that, although airing "The Decision" was an abomination. But joining a team that is already one of the greatest ever will look like the weakest, wussiest move ever. Just because he has the right to do something, and just because it may be a wise basketball decision doesn't necessarily mean it will look good to the public in other ways.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:34 am    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:
It's one thing to "form" a superteam like he did in 2010. I won't give him much heat (no pun intended) for that, although airing "The Decision" was an abomination. But joining a team that is already one of the greatest ever will look like the weakest, wussiest move ever. Just because he has the right to do something, and just because it may be a wise basketball decision doesn't necessarily mean it will look good to the public in other ways.

I really don't think anyone will care that much. Oh, people would moan about it in the short run, but people will moan about anything. But he wouldn't be remembered, positively or negatively, for anything he does there. Lebron's book is pretty much written. We're down to the epilogue. The debate will be whether he was better than Jordan, and I think he lost that race.
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Looking outta the window, watching the asphalt grow ...

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:29 am    Post subject:

I find myself kind of hoping he does.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:08 am    Post subject:

i hope it happens just for the laughs.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:03 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
slavavov wrote:

I really don't think anyone will care that much. Oh, people would moan about it in the short run, but people will moan about anything. But he wouldn't be remembered, positively or negatively, for anything he does there. Lebron's book is pretty much written. We're down to the epilogue. The debate will be whether he was better than Jordan, and I think he lost that race.

I don't see MJ getting knocked off the pedestal either, and I don't see many people getting worked up over debating whether Lebron is #2, 3, 5 or whatever.

People have pretty much locked in their view on Lebron. Even if he gets a few more rings or beats Kareem's scoring record, I don't see the needle moving that much.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:12 am    Post subject:

Steve007 wrote:
Lebron already has the reputation for taking the easy way out. If that didn’t hurt his legacy because he won twice in Miami, why would this hurt his legacy? He would be doing the same thing except now he is past his prime.

Someone might say “He is doing it again” but I don’t think that means much. He showed before that he would make this decision so we shouldn’t be surprised. And now he can say Durant did it too.

Also fwiw CP3 joining up with Harden was a way to make things easier for CP3. He couldn’t sign with the Warriors and if he wanted a bigger challenge he could have stayed in LA or maybe joined a team that was garbage.

Yes, going to a lottery Cav team certainly is taking the easy way out.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:23 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Steve007 wrote:

Yes, going to a lottery Cav team certainly is taking the easy way out.

Actually Lebron got accused of going to a super team when he went to Cleveland because they traded for Love, had a young Kyrie Irving and Lebron joining them formed a new big 3. Miami was clearly in decline with Bosh and Wade getting older and having trouble staying healthy, and there was a lot of whining that Lebron was going to easily win and have it easy with the Cavs. Nobody realized that the Warriors would emerge the way they did.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:36 am    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Durant joined a 73 win team that beat his own team in the playoffs. So I’m not sure Lebron joining the Warriors tops that. Durant benefited from the move when he was shown in ESPN highlights looking like a winner that was dominant instead of not being on ESPN as much with a choking team in OKC. It’s hard to look bad when you’re winning rings.

Another thing with Durant joining that team is if Green wasn’t suspended they probably win twice in a row without Durant. People were comparing the Warriors to the 90’s Bulls when they won 73 games (after a 67 win season and a championship). That’s the type of team Durant joined.

I do agree that Lebron joining the Warriors looks wussy. I just don’t think it affects a legacy much. Durant looked really wussy too and it was a topic of conversation when he signed with the Warriors. But I think his legacy has been enhanced because he won a ring.

Last edited by Steve007 on Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:43 am; edited 1 time in total
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:37 am    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:

jodeke wrote:

slavavov

Quote:
It's one thing to "form" a superteam like he did in 2010. I won't give him much heat (no pun intended) for that, although airing "The Decision" was an abomination.

I'll go along with that.

Quote:
But joining a team that is already one of the greatest ever will look like the weakest, wussiest move ever.

Optics! May look wussy to some, others may not GaD. If he did join the Warriors (I don't think there's a chance in hell) I'd be looking to see if he could make the necessary adjustments to fit. He wouldn't be THE MAN.

Quote:
Just because he has the right to do something, and just because it may be a wise basketball decision doesn't necessarily mean it will look good to the public in other ways.

IMO he has the right. Wise basketball decision, subjective. Some of the public may cause him to rue the decision, some might applaud it.

When LeBron went to Miami he gave leverage to players. He's once again moving the goal posts. His basketball legacy position will not eclipse MJ's, his name will be mentioned for comparison.

I'm of the school if Jordan hadn't taken a 2 year hiatus from basketball the Bulls may have tied or broken the Celtics 8 years in a row championship wins. 3peat, 2 years hiatus, return, 3peat.

Last edited by jodeke on Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:40 am    Post subject:

In the past when people mentioned Malone and Payton joining Kobe and Shaq, some fans said that was different because they were older and at the end of their careers. Payton was 36. Lebron turns 34 in December.
Liger24Zero
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:45 am    Post subject:

I agree with everything that Slavavov has said on this topic.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:37 pm    Post subject:

Steve007 wrote:
In the past when people mentioned Malone and Payton joining Kobe and Shaq, some fans said that was different because they were older and at the end of their careers. Payton was 36. Lebron turns 34 in December.

It was different. We had two MVP players who had already won rings, and Malone and Payton were aging stars who took supporting roles to get that elusive ring.

Lebron is still firing at an MVP level and if he comes here he won't take a pay cut, and he won't take a back seat.

That said, while Payton and Malone were at the end of their careers, they were still top players. The season before he joined us Payton was still an all-star averaging 20-3-7 and Malone was a 20-8 guy just two years removed from being an all-star.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:44 pm    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:
just because it may be a wise basketball decision doesn't necessarily mean it will look good to the public in other ways.

I don't think this even matters anymore.

Fans realize that players are motivated by self-interest. Fans also realize that stars want to play on stacked teams.

If Lebron joined the Warriors, it would just be more of the same. The people who already dislike him would scream how unfair it is. Most people would think, "Hmm, this will be fun to watch."
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:08 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
slavavov wrote:
just because it may be a wise basketball decision doesn't necessarily mean it will look good to the public in other ways.

I don't think this even matters anymore.

Fans realize that players are motivated by self-interest. Fans also realize that stars want to play on stacked teams.

If Lebron joined the Warriors, it would just be more of the same. The people who already dislike him would scream how unfair it is. Most people would think, "Hmm, this will be fun to watch."

Yeah I don't think it would change anything after the faux outrage dies down.

Would mean I would hate the Warriors and give another reason to laugh at his professional expense.
perfectseries
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:12 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
If he doesn't come to the Lakers I'd like to see him go to Houston. CP3, Harden and LeBron would give the Warriors all they wanted and more. If The Thief of Bagdad (Trevor Ariza) comes to life I'd give them a shot at the Larry O'Brien.

The Rockets are trash. They are just a regular season team. James Harden and Chris Paul are frauds who always choke in the playoffs. The Warriors have already proven they can win championships in 2015 and 2017.
perfectseries
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:14 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:

Lebron, Kyrie, and Love. 3 All-Stars and 3 All-NBA players. How is that not a superteam? Also Lebron needed a Draymond suspension, Curry and Iguodala playing injured, and Bogut missing the last 3 games to win.
perfectseries
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:18 pm    Post subject: Re: LaBron to Warriors?

jodeke wrote:
LINK

It's written LeBron would listen to Warriors if a max slot became available. He'll be a FA this summer. I don't think it would be good for the league or James. It would decimate the league intention of parity. Putting the so called best player in the world on the supposed best team in the world would hurt competition. Also I don't think he'd be a good fit.

The Rockets are trash. They are just a regular season team. James Harden and Chris Paul are frauds who always choke in the playoffs. The Warriors have already proven they can win championships in 2015 and 2017. Also Lebron needed a Draymond suspension, Curry and Iguodala playing injured, and Bogut missing the last 3 games to win. If not for those the events, the Warriors would have a 3-peat right now.

Harden's history of failure in the playoffs

James Harden is a fraud who chokes in the playoffs every year just like Chris Paul. Harden is a flopper who gets exposed in the playoffs when refs stop calling his BS.

Harden's last 3 playoffs (2015, 2016, 2017) have ended by him breaking the playoffs single game turnover record with 13 turnovers, getting blown out by 33 points by a team missing their best player due to injury, getting blown out at home by 39 points by a team missing their best player due to injury in addition to missing their starting point guard. Harden was also extremely inefficient in the Blazers series in 2014.

2012: Harden choked in the Finals when he played for OKC.

2013: Harden choked in the first round against a team missing Westbrook. Harden shot 7/22 at home in the elimination game against an OKC team missing Westbrook.

2014: Harden choked in the first round losing the first two games at home to the Blazers. Harden had an extremely inefficient series. Harden had 1 made field goal for 2 points, 0 free throws made, and 0 assists in the last 18 minutes of 2014 game 6 in a close game.

2015: Harden choked again. Harden got benched in a elimination game in the previous round and needed Josh Smith/Corey Brewer/Dwight to save him. Then in the next round against the Warriors, the Rockets lost by 35 at home in game 3 and Harden was terrible. Harden broke the record for most turnovers in a playoff game ever in game 5, and the Rockets were eliminated.

2016: Harden choked and got blown out multiple times by a team missing Curry (reigning back to back league MVP at the time).

2017: Harden choked against a team missing Kawhi and Parker. Harden lost by 39 points at home in game 6 to a Spurs team missing Kawhi and Parker and got eliminated. Harden had 3 times as many turnovers than field goals made in game 6. Harden lost at home by 39 points to a team missing a consensus top 5 player and best 2 way player in the league. After the game, 5 Hall of Fame players said Harden quit.

Since 2013, Harden has gotten to play against teams missing Curry, Kawhi, Westbrook, and Parker in the playoffs. Harden has lost 3 series since 2013 while having a sizable injury advantage. Simply put, James Harden is a perennial postseason choker. James Harden has never won anything. He is a fraud.
perfectseries
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:19 pm    Post subject:

The Rockets are trash. They are just a regular season team. James Harden and Chris Paul are frauds who always choke in the playoffs. The Warriors have already proven they can win championships in 2015 and 2017. Also Lebron needed a Draymond suspension, Curry and Iguodala playing injured, and Bogut missing the last 3 games to win. If not for those the events, the Warriors would have a 3-peat right now.

Harden's history of failure in the playoffs

James Harden is a fraud who chokes in the playoffs every year just like Chris Paul. Harden is a flopper who gets exposed in the playoffs when refs stop calling his BS.

Harden's last 3 playoffs (2015, 2016, 2017) have ended by him breaking the playoffs single game turnover record with 13 turnovers, getting blown out by 33 points by a team missing their best player due to injury, getting blown out at home by 39 points by a team missing their best player due to injury in addition to missing their starting point guard. Harden was also extremely inefficient in the Blazers series in 2014.

2012: Harden choked in the Finals when he played for OKC.

2013: Harden choked in the first round against a team missing Westbrook. Harden shot 7/22 at home in the elimination game against an OKC team missing Westbrook.

2014: Harden choked in the first round losing the first two games at home to the Blazers. Harden had an extremely inefficient series. Harden had 1 made field goal for 2 points, 0 free throws made, and 0 assists in the last 18 minutes of 2014 game 6 in a close game.

2015: Harden choked again. Harden got benched in a elimination game in the previous round and needed Josh Smith/Corey Brewer/Dwight to save him. Then in the next round against the Warriors, the Rockets lost by 35 at home in game 3 and Harden was terrible. Harden broke the record for most turnovers in a playoff game ever in game 5, and the Rockets were eliminated.

2016: Harden choked and got blown out multiple times by a team missing Curry (reigning back to back league MVP at the time).

2017: Harden choked against a team missing Kawhi and Parker. Harden lost by 39 points at home in game 6 to a Spurs team missing Kawhi and Parker and got eliminated. Harden had 3 times as many turnovers than field goals made in game 6. Harden lost at home by 39 points to a team missing a consensus top 5 player and best 2 way player in the league. After the game, 5 Hall of Fame players said Harden quit.

Since 2013, Harden has gotten to play against teams missing Curry, Kawhi, Westbrook, and Parker in the playoffs. Harden has lost 3 series since 2013 while having a sizable injury advantage. Simply put, James Harden is a perennial postseason choker. James Harden has never won anything. He is a fraud.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:57 pm    Post subject:

perfectseries wrote:
jodeke wrote:
If he doesn't come to the Lakers I'd like to see him go to Houston. CP3, Harden and LeBron would give the Warriors all they wanted and more. If The Thief of Bagdad (Trevor Ariza) comes to life I'd give them a shot at the Larry O'Brien.

The Rockets are trash. They are just a regular season team. James Harden and Chris Paul are frauds who always choke in the playoffs. The Warriors have already proven they can win championships in 2015 and 2017.

If 37-13 is trash what is the rest of the league? I don't think they'll get to the NBA finals but they won't be a pushover. Right now they're #2 in the Western Conference standing.

RestEasyBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:01 pm    Post subject:

Lebron I said going to Texas. Houston or San Antonio

His decision will weigh on Chris Paul or Pop
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:23 pm    Post subject:

Warriors don't need Lebron to win multiple championships. I think they are going with their core 4 until the wheels fall off. Plus I think there is satisfaction in the ownership group and the players on the Warriors in seeing that they are making life rough for Lebron's basketball career.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3
Jump to: