2018 Lottery watch- hoping Lakers send 10th pick to Philly- Buck Foston!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 59, 60, 61  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cyborgspider
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:53 pm    Post subject:

Tonight's Valentanks Day Games

ATL @ DET: I hate Blake, so to watch the Pistons continue to burn would be sweet. Hawks are pretty much set as a bottom 3 team, not concerned about them overtaking LA.

CHA @ ORL: Ditto for Orlando, pretty much locked to be worse than LA. So go Magic, go Speights, and keep losing Hornets. They're a great league pass team to watch after losses because their announcers think they're good and get so sad after a loss. Stephanie Ready's "On the brightside, we only lost by 9 and uh... Jeremy Lamb had double figures" are always good for a sensible chuckle.

WAS @ NY: KEEP LOSING, NEW YORK. kthxbye.

IND @ BKN, TOR @ CHI: Bulls are getting Dunn back and Lavine is rounding into shape. They may have another 5-game win streak in them, something to watch. Nets may get hot again too if DLO rediscovers his touch.

Suns, Grizzle & Kings are also playing but I've counted them out as teams that could overtake the Lakers.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:06 pm    Post subject:

I think I jinxed the Nets. They were a pretty good home team with some mojo but on this current home stand they are not only losing, but some games getting blown out too.
chantruong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:54 pm    Post subject:

Go Miami
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:58 pm    Post subject:

It will be a bad night if Knicks and Hornets win.
PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:06 pm    Post subject:

Not that worried about the Knicks. Hornets might be right there with us for the rest of the season.
PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:15 pm    Post subject:

Hornets win.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:35 am    Post subject:

Bad couple of days. Hornets passed us in the standings yesterday. They are 1/2 games ahead of us. We are now the 20th best team in the league. The Knicks are 1 1/2 games behind us.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:58 pm    Post subject:

I'm not following all the traded picks. So a little ocnfused.... I thought we don't have this year's pick, but we do have the 2019 pick?
cyborgspider
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:24 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
I'm not following all the traded picks. So a little ocnfused.... I thought we don't have this year's pick, but we do have the 2019 pick?

Here ya go:

The Lakers pick, currently 10th or 11th, will go to Philadelphia.

The Cavs pick, probably ending up at 27th or 28th, will go to Lakers.

If somehow, the Lakers pick ends up being in the 2-5 range after the May Draft Lottery, it goes to Boston.

Thus, we are rooting for the Lakers to win as much as possible to give the Sixers a crappy pick. We are rooting for the Cavs to lose as much as possible to give the Lakers a better pick (but also, we root for Jordan & Larry to perform well). In all likelihood, no matter what we want, the following will happen:

Lakers lose their own 2018 pick to the Sixers, but they own Cleveland's 2018 pick and we tend to pick Rookie Gold in the 27-30 section.

And yes, 2019 and beyond, the Lakers own their first round picks.
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:43 pm    Post subject:

not a fan of IT and I dont want him here beyond this season (unless he wants to sign for a crazy cheap contract and willing to be a utility player off the bench)
but I'll be his biggest cheerleader for the rest of the season because he basically needs to fill in the value void that opened when Clarkson AND Nance left.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:17 pm    Post subject:

God help the Lakers if on Friday, they lose to a team told by its owner that it’s best if they tank

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/22511267/mark-cuban-dallas-mavericks-owner-says-best-team-keep-losing
cyborgspider
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:24 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
God help the Lakers if on Friday, they lose to a team told by its owner that it’s best if they tank

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/22511267/mark-cuban-dallas-mavericks-owner-says-best-team-keep-losing

Last year he was saying they won't tank until they're mathematically eliminated from the playoffs. I appreciate his candor and honesty.

But players don't tank, and DS Jr. is going to get his lion share's of minutes. It wasn't Barnes, Matthews & Dirk who beat them last time, it was some guy named Maximillion, McDermott (auditioning for his future contract) and another guy I completely forgot but he looked kinda white too I guess?

Yeah. You're right. You can't lose to Dallas again this season (play them twice at home). I think Carlisle gives less of a crap on the road and won't make strategic plays like putting in Mejri to dominate the defensive paint like last time.
babyskyhook
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:27 pm    Post subject:

PRLakeShow wrote:
Not that worried about the Knicks. Hornets might be right there with us for the rest of the season.

Agreed. Knicks will head straight to the bottom with Porky out.

We will end up giving Philly the 10th or 11th pick, depending on what happens with us and Charlotte over the next two months.
babyskyhook
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:36 pm    Post subject:

It's so much more fun this year to watch the scoreboard and look at the standings.

When we actually needed to tank, it was so frustrating cheering for all these scrub teams to win only to see them lose.

This year, we've been cheering for all these scrubs to lose, and they almost always deliver.

Even when the Lakers lose, I don't worry- all it takes is one look at the scores and the standings to see that the Lakers haven't lost any ground to the teams below them.

Charlotte is the only team in the bottom 10 that might finish above us. I'm fine giving Philly the 10th or 11th pick. It's so much less valuable than what their crappy fans have been dreaming of for the last few years, and we'll be getting a pick from the Cavs that our FO might easily turn into a better player than whoever Philly drafts with our pick.

Hopefully Philly gets the 2018 draft equivalent of Malik Monk with our pick and we strike gold with another Kuz/Hart level player with the Cavs pick.
cyborgspider
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:12 am    Post subject:

"Oh God Could You Resume the Season Already?!" Thursday Tank Games

NY @ ORL Lakers still tied with NY in the Win Column. Go Magic.

BKN @ CHA Those pesky Hornets, man. Nets are in a nosedive, I'm hoping for their W but bracing for that L. Also, when the Hornets lose, their homer announcers are so despondent and it entertains me.

OKC @ SAC Not really a tank game, Kings are hopeless, but I'm rooting for them to knock off the Thunder at home again. Screw Brodie.

PHI @ CHI I thought the Bulls "clinched" a worse record than LA, but they're creeping up again. The only time I root for Philly is against a tanker.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:47 am    Post subject:

I’m really surprised by the Nets nose dive. They were going in the right direction and competitive, suddenly they just imploded.
cyborgspider
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:20 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
I’m really surprised by the Nets nose dive. They were going in the right direction and competitive, suddenly they just imploded.

I think their identity of "run and shoot 3s with guys under 6'8 who can't shoot 3s well" has lost its luster. Crabbe has been hot lately but D'Lo is still recovering, Mozgov is glued to the end of the bench, and Jahlil Okafor is (sadly) not a good NBA player (chalk it up to the era, but maybe he's just not good). At least Carroll & Dinwiddie have done well and they still have Allen & Lavert to develop. If the NBA season was 30 games long they would've done fine in the east, but alas, the air is out of the balloon.

Their announcers are a pretty good listen on League Pass as well, looking forward to them rebuilding proper and overtaking the Knicks with young talent one day.

Back to Lakers, I hope the Cuban controversy about tanking doesn't force Carlisle to actually TRY to win the game. Lakers need as many sure-fire wins as they can get.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:56 am    Post subject:

Obviously teams have different tank intentions, but here are the top five toughest and easiest schedules.

https://twitter.com/bball_ref/status/966714250591948800

Hopefully the Hornets don’t win too much. Phoenix is probably going to tank hard, spurs might miss playoffs tbh.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:27 pm    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/nickfriedell/status/966815283875860480

Let the #Tank2018 games begin...
Daphanabe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:48 pm    Post subject:

cyborgspider wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

I think their identity of "run and shoot 3s with guys under 6'8 who can't shoot 3s well" has lost its luster. Crabbe has been hot lately but D'Lo is still recovering, Mozgov is glued to the end of the bench, and Jahlil Okafor is (sadly) not a good NBA player (chalk it up to the era, but maybe he's just not good). At least Carroll & Dinwiddie have done well and they still have Allen & Lavert to develop. If the NBA season was 30 games long they would've done fine in the east, but alas, the air is out of the balloon.

Their announcers are a pretty good listen on League Pass as well, looking forward to them rebuilding proper and overtaking the Knicks with young talent one day.

Back to Lakers, I hope the Cuban controversy about tanking doesn't force Carlisle to actually TRY to win the game. Lakers need as many sure-fire wins as they can get.

It would be interesting to see the correlation of the Nets’ dive to when they got Okafor. I’m guessing it would be high, guy is just awful.
PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:58 pm    Post subject:

Looks like the Hornets are gonna win. Brooklyn is so (bleep) bad.

Knicks are winning right now in a close game. We'll see.
chantruong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:30 pm    Post subject:

Chicago is so dumb man
cyborgspider
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:54 am    Post subject:

"Black Tankther" 2-23 Friday Games

Hornets @ Wizards If John Wall were playing, I'd expect this to be a let-down game after they beat the Cavs. They might still lose because Charlotte matches up well, but I'm expecting the L to Mitch's Team tonight.

Mavs @ Lakeshow There's a thread for this already, but in terms of the tank, Lakers GOTTA get this one. Mavs players are gonna be pumped up to win after Cuban's tank talk, but maybe their sexual harassment controversy is bearing down on them. Tough week for Dallas fans.

Grizzlies (vs Cavs), Suns (vs Clips) & Hawks play too but they're pretty much locks to be below us in the Tank Rank.
cyborgspider
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:58 am    Post subject:

chantruong wrote:
Chicago is so dumb man

Or rather, they're SMART, it's the perfect game for die-hard pro-tank fans!

Great games from your youth, play it close (lose by one), tank the game on a plausible-deniability play (it was a "youthful mistake, something to learn from, surrre") Denzel Valentine MVT (most-valuable-tanker) of the night
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:43 am    Post subject:

chantruong wrote:
Chicago is so dumb man

I loved the look on Bobby Portis' face afterwards. He was woofing it up all night and missed a couple of important shots down the stretch.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 59, 60, 61  Next
Page 4 of 61
Jump to: