2018 Lottery watch- hoping Lakers send 10th pick to Philly- Buck Foston!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 58, 59, 60, 61  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 08 Jan 2013
Posts: 5318

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 4:37 pm    Post subject:

P.K. wrote:
Freddie Buckets wrote:
P.K. wrote:
Hawks #3
Sacto 2
Suns 1

bad for LA


not too worried about the suns or kings

The suns have 3 good and fast players, adding Ayton to that is a lot of speed and talent
the Suns also have 3 first round picks this year, and can draft another PG if they want to.
that team would be fast, talented, and together for years


Suns have three first round picks in the 2018 draft?

Thought it was just two with the Bucks delaying sending a first to a future draft.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
epak
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 30 Aug 2005
Posts: 19042

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 4:37 pm    Post subject:

Can you guys believe the Warriors got CWebb for Penny + 3 number 1 picks?
_________________
Summer: Paul + Boogie
Draft any combo of: Anfernee Simons, Shake Milton, Melvin Frazier
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Annihilator
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 02 Jul 2001
Posts: 2589

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 4:38 pm    Post subject:

JPaulK0n wrote:
From what I've seen from the prospects, I don't see any consensus number one pick and don't really see too much elite talent, this draft reminds me more of the 2013 draft.
And a lot of the top talent is at the PF position. So, many of the teams who near the top of the draft are going to be drafting PFs which means that they are less likely to be going after Randle. I think the odds of the Lakers keeping Randle went up.
_________________
Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. --Mark Twain

Scientists say that the universe is full of protons, neutrons and electrons. They forgot to mention morons.--Unknown
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Fracture
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 01 Feb 2005
Posts: 7435
Location: Planet Terror

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 4:39 pm    Post subject:

I'm just happy we didn't give the Celtic scum a pick. (bleep) them. (bleep) the Sixers too while we're at it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
bandiger
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 02 Apr 2014
Posts: 10228

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 4:41 pm    Post subject:

Annihilator wrote:
JPaulK0n wrote:
From what I've seen from the prospects, I don't see any consensus number one pick and don't really see too much elite talent, this draft reminds me more of the 2013 draft.
And a lot of the top talent is at the PF position. So, many of the teams who near the top of the draft are going to be drafting PFs which means that they are less likely to be going after Randle. I think the odds of the Lakers keeping Randle went up.


Yeah bad market for JR. Oh well take advantage Maginka. I forget this was a PF/C heavy draft.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ChickenStu
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 25 Apr 2015
Posts: 12006
Location: Anaheim, CA

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 4:41 pm    Post subject:

Bard207 wrote:
P.K. wrote:
Freddie Buckets wrote:
P.K. wrote:
Hawks #3
Sacto 2
Suns 1

bad for LA


not too worried about the suns or kings

The suns have 3 good and fast players, adding Ayton to that is a lot of speed and talent
the Suns also have 3 first round picks this year, and can draft another PG if they want to.
that team would be fast, talented, and together for years


Suns have three first round picks in the 2018 draft?

Thought it was just two with the Bucks delaying sending a first to a future draft.


As usual, you are correct.
_________________
For #25: Huerter, Jontay, Okogie, DiVincenzo, Holiday, Brunson, Melton
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Freddie Buckets
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 08 Oct 2007
Posts: 7556

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 4:41 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Givony not great on TV


Better than Bobby Marks. Wow, did he look stiff.


He looked like he was being questioned by the feds.
_________________
Just when the world thinks you can't do something, go and show the world you can.

Follow me on twitter @FreddieBuckets
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 08 Jan 2013
Posts: 5318

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 4:41 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
P.K. wrote:
Freddie Buckets wrote:
P.K. wrote:
Hawks #3
Sacto 2
Suns 1

bad for LA


not too worried about the suns or kings

The suns have 3 good and fast players, adding Ayton to that is a lot of speed and talent
the Suns also have 3 first round picks this year, and can draft another PG if they want to.
that team would be fast, talented, and together for years

They're going to be a defensive sieve for a few years until Ayton learns how to defend (if he ever does), and taking the ball out of Booker's hands for Ayton post-ups sounds positively regressive.*

*I think the Suns should draft one of Doncic, Young, or Jackson over Ayton.


Doncic going #1 is possible because of his connection to the new coach for the Suns.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
adkindo
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 16 Jun 2005
Posts: 21543
Location: Dirty South

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 4:44 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Can you guys believe the Warriors got CWebb for Penny + 3 number 1 picks?


the Magic destroyed GSW with that trade....Penny > CWebb before the injuries....and 3 !st round picks on top of that! (btw, none of the picks turned into very good players)
_________________
"Lonzo Ball is the headline, Kyle Kuzma is the STORY!" Jalen Rose
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
JPaulK0n
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 06 Feb 2018
Posts: 570

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 4:45 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Can you guys believe the Warriors got CWebb for Penny + 3 number 1 picks?

And than the Warriors traded CWebb to the Bullets for 3 first rounders one year after, which should you how big and great CWebb's potential was. I still think that the best thing would have been keeping CWebb for the Magic and Penny stayed with the Warriors. CWebb & Shaq would have probably been the best front court ever and CWebb would have been complimented with Shaq, who was an alpha, while Penny would have been great with Don Nelson, as a Penny, Sprewell, & Mullin trio would have been fun and all they needed and lacked in the 90's were big men to go along with them.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
adkindo
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 16 Jun 2005
Posts: 21543
Location: Dirty South

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 4:48 pm    Post subject:

JPaulK0n wrote:
epak wrote:
Can you guys believe the Warriors got CWebb for Penny + 3 number 1 picks?

And than the Warriors traded CWebb to the Bullets for 3 first rounders one year after, which should you how big and great CWebb's potential was. I still think that the best thing would have been keeping CWebb for the Magic and Penny stayed with the Warriors. CWebb & Shaq would have probably been the best front court ever and CWebb would have been complimented with Shaq, who was an alpha, while Penny would have been great with Don Nelson, as a Penny, Sprewell, & Mullin trio would have been fun and all they needed and lacked in the 90's were big men to go along with them.


not sure how you can say that given the massive early success Penny and Shaq had together.....they were projected to be a long term dynasty....Penny was All NBA in his second season.
_________________
"Lonzo Ball is the headline, Kyle Kuzma is the STORY!" Jalen Rose
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
babyskyhook
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 15 Jul 2009
Posts: 16196
Location: The Garden Island

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 4:48 pm    Post subject:

leor_77 wrote:
Anyway, two teams in our division having the chance to add a great player to their roster...Not ideal.



Who cares about the division? Kings and PHX both have incompetent owners and FOs. Neither is a long-term threat to the Lakers.

In terms of competing for titles, this was an outstanding set out outcomes for the Lakers, as it kept Philly and Boston from scoring big this year, and might keep Boston from scoring big next year.


Philly gets #10 pick instead of #1, and Boston gets Kingsí pick next year instead of 2 or 3 this year.


Kings get #2 pick. If Suns draft Ayton, Kings will take Doncic, who will help them win more games next year than any other draftee, which will hopefully make Bostonís pick next year in the 8-12 range instead of a top 3-5 pick.


Cavs stayed where they were, so no help to keep Lebron.


And as a bonus, the Clips kept their two mediocre picks instead of moving up.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
RG73
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 14 Jul 2001
Posts: 9562

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 4:49 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
I find it absurd and hilarious that you guys are worried about 2 teams in Kings and Suns who have never had a credibility of building a title team let alone a real contender... even if they add to there young core.... there is gonna be so much star players and FAs switching places that the Suns and Kings getting a top talent wonít move the needle at all.


Sacramento had a contender in the early 2000s, or did you forget? They came within 1 game of going to the finals in 2002, which they would have won had they made it. And honestly, if we replay that 2002 series a hundred times, we probably win 50%, they probably win 50%. It was that tight of a series.

And technically the Kings did win a title--albeit in 51 in Rochester. But it counts just like our Minneapolis ones do.

And as I recall, the Suns were perennial contenders during the D'Antoni-Nash era. And they made it to the finals in 93 and 76.

None of this changes anything. The chances of either team becoming sudden contenders with young, untested rosters is slim. It'll take them a few years, even if one of the top 2 picks turns out to be top all-NBA first team material. A lot can happen in the next few years. But lets not make up fake history about teams and discount their ability to field contenders based on fake history.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
PRLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 07 Oct 2016
Posts: 7815

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 4:51 pm    Post subject:

4 of the top 5 picks are coming out West. (bleep) this (bleep). The trash East can't even properly tank.
_________________
Lonzo BI PG LeBron Randle


Last edited by PRLakeShow on Tue May 15, 2018 4:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
adkindo
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 16 Jun 2005
Posts: 21543
Location: Dirty South

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 4:51 pm    Post subject:

babyskyhook wrote:
Who cares about the division? Kings and PHX both have incompetent owners and FOs. Neither is a long-term threat to the Lakers.


I think PHX could be....Booker/Jackson/Ayton or Doncic.....on top of having potentially $60 to $70 Million in cap space in 2019....they are in a very good position IMO
_________________
"Lonzo Ball is the headline, Kyle Kuzma is the STORY!" Jalen Rose
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
audioaxes
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 26 Apr 2004
Posts: 9378

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 4:56 pm    Post subject:

not the best case scenario for the Suns to get the #1 but they are not even on the radar compared to Boston and Philly.
_________________
anti-tank.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Inspector Gadget
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 18 Apr 2016
Posts: 16414
Location: L.A.

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 4:58 pm    Post subject:

RG73 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
I find it absurd and hilarious that you guys are worried about 2 teams in Kings and Suns who have never had a credibility of building a title team let alone a real contender... even if they add to there young core.... there is gonna be so much star players and FAs switching places that the Suns and Kings getting a top talent wonít move the needle at all.


Sacramento had a contender in the early 2000s, or did you forget? They came within 1 game of going to the finals in 2002, which they would have won had they made it. And honestly, if we replay that 2002 series a hundred times, we probably win 50%, they probably win 50%. It was that tight of a series.

And technically the Kings did win a title--albeit in 51 in Rochester. But it counts just like our Minneapolis ones do.

And as I recall, the Suns were perennial contenders during the D'Antoni-Nash era. And they made it to the finals in 93 and 76.

None of this changes anything. The chances of either team becoming sudden contenders with young, untested rosters is slim. It'll take them a few years, even if one of the top 2 picks turns out to be top all-NBA first team material. A lot can happen in the next few years. But lets not make up fake history about teams and discount their ability to field contenders based on fake history.


I was more alluding to the fact that both PHX and SAC arenít really credibility in terms of quickly becoming a contender, I know about there history but it seems like the Kings and Suns havenít been contending for decades and that comes with lack of credibility.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 08 Jan 2013
Posts: 5318

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 5:02 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
babyskyhook wrote:
Who cares about the division? Kings and PHX both have incompetent owners and FOs. Neither is a long-term threat to the Lakers.


I think PHX could be....Booker/Jackson/Ayton or Doncic.....on top of having potentially $60 to $70 Million in cap space in 2019....they are in a very good position IMO


They should also be better coached than they have been over the past few seasons.

Even if neither the Suns or Kings achieve contender status for a while, they should be competitive enough that teams will have to play hard enough to beat them rather expect them to just lay down and willingly accept a beating.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
chantruong
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 15 Jun 2009
Posts: 5235

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 5:02 pm    Post subject:

The don't the Suns and Kings to make a scary team any time soon due to their FO. If you have forgotten, the Suns barely missed the playoffs in 2014. Then they made some awful trades and signings to become the (bleep) show today.

Then the Kings...

Trading Boogie for nothing, signing George Hill, trading for Rondo for one season...

I see them becoming the next Bucks for the forseeable future.


Last edited by chantruong on Tue May 15, 2018 5:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
JPaulK0n
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 06 Feb 2018
Posts: 570

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 5:05 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
JPaulK0n wrote:
epak wrote:
Can you guys believe the Warriors got CWebb for Penny + 3 number 1 picks?

And than the Warriors traded CWebb to the Bullets for 3 first rounders one year after, which should you how big and great CWebb's potential was. I still think that the best thing would have been keeping CWebb for the Magic and Penny stayed with the Warriors. CWebb & Shaq would have probably been the best front court ever and CWebb would have been complimented with Shaq, who was an alpha, while Penny would have been great with Don Nelson, as a Penny, Sprewell, & Mullin trio would have been fun and all they needed and lacked in the 90's were big men to go along with them.


not sure how you can say that given the massive early success Penny and Shaq had together.....they were projected to be a long term dynasty....Penny was All NBA in his second season.

Was more so about playing styles, as Webber was miscasted as a center in Golden State and Penny would have fit in even more in the run n gun Don Nelson offense. Crazy thing was that Sprewell was 1st team All-NBA in his 2nd season as well.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Baron Von Humongous
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 02 Jul 2015
Posts: 11676

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 5:09 pm    Post subject:

Bard207 wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
P.K. wrote:
Freddie Buckets wrote:
P.K. wrote:
Hawks #3
Sacto 2
Suns 1

bad for LA


not too worried about the suns or kings

The suns have 3 good and fast players, adding Ayton to that is a lot of speed and talent
the Suns also have 3 first round picks this year, and can draft another PG if they want to.
that team would be fast, talented, and together for years

They're going to be a defensive sieve for a few years until Ayton learns how to defend (if he ever does), and taking the ball out of Booker's hands for Ayton post-ups sounds positively regressive.*

*I think the Suns should draft one of Doncic, Young, or Jackson over Ayton.


Doncic going #1 is possible because of his connection to the new coach for the Suns.

Good point. I think he'll be more ready to help them win out of the gate.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ChickenStu
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 25 Apr 2015
Posts: 12006
Location: Anaheim, CA

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 5:14 pm    Post subject:

Just watched the Draft Lottery drawing. The Suns were drawn for the #1 pick and then got drawn two more times in a row after that, mirroring Boston last season.
_________________
For #25: Huerter, Jontay, Okogie, DiVincenzo, Holiday, Brunson, Melton
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Aike
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 17 May 2017
Posts: 116

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 5:17 pm    Post subject:

Annihilator wrote:
JPaulK0n wrote:
From what I've seen from the prospects, I don't see any consensus number one pick and don't really see too much elite talent, this draft reminds me more of the 2013 draft.
And a lot of the top talent is at the PF position. So, many of the teams who near the top of the draft are going to be drafting PFs which means that they are less likely to be going after Randle. I think the odds of the Lakers keeping Randle went up.


Dallas is only picking 5th though...still wonder if they will be a player for Randle.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
PRLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 07 Oct 2016
Posts: 7815

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 5:22 pm    Post subject:

Aike wrote:
Annihilator wrote:
JPaulK0n wrote:
From what I've seen from the prospects, I don't see any consensus number one pick and don't really see too much elite talent, this draft reminds me more of the 2013 draft.
And a lot of the top talent is at the PF position. So, many of the teams who near the top of the draft are going to be drafting PFs which means that they are less likely to be going after Randle. I think the odds of the Lakers keeping Randle went up.


Dallas is only picking 5th though...still wonder if they will be a player for Randle.


That's a good thing though. Ayton and Luka will be off the board by then and they are more likely to pick the remaining guy between Jackson, Bagley, Porter. I really don't see them drafting Trae Young, Bamba is an option. We'll see.
_________________
Lonzo BI PG LeBron Randle
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 17 Sep 2008
Posts: 16490
Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 5:25 pm    Post subject:

Fracture wrote:
I'm just happy we didn't give the Celtic scum a pick. (bleep) them. (bleep) the Sixers too while we're at it.


Absolutely! But (bleep) the Sixers much less than (bleep) the Celtics.
Still, (bleep) them both!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 58, 59, 60, 61  Next
Page 59 of 61
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2010 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB