2018 Lottery watch- hoping Lakers send 10th pick to Philly- Buck Foston!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 59, 60, 61  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
LandsbergerRules
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 29 Aug 2004
Posts: 7035
Location: The Other Perspective

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 5:32 pm    Post subject:

TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
Fracture wrote:
I'm just happy we didn't give the Celtic scum a pick. (bleep) them. (bleep) the Sixers too while we're at it.


Absolutely! But (bleep) the Sixers much less than (bleep) the Celtics.
Still, (bleep) them both!



_________________
"Chick lived and breathed Lakers basketball…but he was also fair and objective and called every game the way it was played."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 19 Apr 2003
Posts: 17693
Location: La Jolla, San Diego

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 5:38 pm    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
not the best case scenario for the Suns to get the #1 but they are not even on the radar compared to Boston and Philly.


I didn't want the Suns to get it. If Ayton is the next all-star big like Towns and Embiid, I'd trade Ingram and Kuz for him NOW. Before he becomes untouchable. Ayton and the Suns wings, the West going to get even more crowded.
_________________
"They are in the West! You must go D'Angelo Russell here, or my head will explode!" Jalen Rose
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
SDLakersFan
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 01 Apr 2012
Posts: 1609

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 6:07 pm    Post subject:

Happy with our results. Atleast no one is going 1st with our pick. My only beef is this...


PRLakeShow wrote:
4 of the top 5 picks are coming out West. (bleep) this (bleep). The trash East can't even properly tank.


First time I ever cheered for Atlanta. It’s like the West is just never going to stop being loaded.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
noahp45
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Apr 2006
Posts: 3896
Location: Oceanside Ca

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 7:47 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
audioaxes wrote:
not the best case scenario for the Suns to get the #1 but they are not even on the radar compared to Boston and Philly.


I didn't want the Suns to get it. If Ayton is the next all-star big like Towns and Embiid, I'd trade Ingram and Kuz for him NOW. Before he becomes untouchable. Ayton and the Suns wings, the West going to get even more crowded.




Doesn't matter GS owns the west for Atleast a few more years. And if Klay takes a 88 MIL discount to stay with GS then tack on 6 more years
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerLand247
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 26 Sep 2009
Posts: 3420

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 8:18 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
audioaxes wrote:
not the best case scenario for the Suns to get the #1 but they are not even on the radar compared to Boston and Philly.


I didn't want the Suns to get it. If Ayton is the next all-star big like Towns and Embiid, I'd trade Ingram and Kuz for him NOW. Before he becomes untouchable. Ayton and the Suns wings, the West going to get even more crowded.


Anthony Davis going to be a Laker. You dont need to worry.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
krisobe
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 24 Jun 2005
Posts: 2942

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 8:19 pm    Post subject:

LakerLand247 wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
audioaxes wrote:
not the best case scenario for the Suns to get the #1 but they are not even on the radar compared to Boston and Philly.


I didn't want the Suns to get it. If Ayton is the next all-star big like Towns and Embiid, I'd trade Ingram and Kuz for him NOW. Before he becomes untouchable. Ayton and the Suns wings, the West going to get even more crowded.


Anthony Davis going to be a Laker. You dont need to worry.


Dr. Strange, that you?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Mike@LG
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 10 Apr 2001
Posts: 58738
Location: Orange County, CA

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 8:19 pm    Post subject:

76ers should get Zhaire.
_________________
Resident Car Nut.
Troy Brown, Jontay Porter, Kevin Huerter, Chandler Hutchison, De'Anthony Melton, Jerome Robinson, Josh Okogie
McDaniels, Shamet, Fernando, Jalen Hudson, Bruce Brown
https://hoop-math.com/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ChickenStu
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 25 Apr 2015
Posts: 12006
Location: Anaheim, CA

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 8:21 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
76ers should get Zhaire.


That's what I have in my latest mock.
_________________
For #25: Huerter, Jontay, Okogie, DiVincenzo, Holiday, Brunson, Melton
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerLand247
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 26 Sep 2009
Posts: 3420

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 8:23 pm    Post subject:

krisobe wrote:
LakerLand247 wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
audioaxes wrote:
not the best case scenario for the Suns to get the #1 but they are not even on the radar compared to Boston and Philly.


I didn't want the Suns to get it. If Ayton is the next all-star big like Towns and Embiid, I'd trade Ingram and Kuz for him NOW. Before he becomes untouchable. Ayton and the Suns wings, the West going to get even more crowded.


Anthony Davis going to be a Laker. You dont need to worry.


Dr. Strange, that you?


Yes, on some nights in West Hollywood.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
greek laker
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 06 Dec 2017
Posts: 168

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 8:59 pm    Post subject:

kings are so controversial that half of us worry about them becoming a contender in west adding no 1 in draft and half of us worry that they are going to continue being a mess so next years pick of boston will be very high
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
epak
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 30 Aug 2005
Posts: 19042

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 9:01 pm    Post subject:

Does the UofA guy shot 3s?
_________________
Summer: Paul + Boogie
Draft any combo of: Anfernee Simons, Shake Milton, Melvin Frazier
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
P.K.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 10 Jul 2003
Posts: 21371

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 9:34 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Does the UofA guy shot 3s?

.343 on about 1 attempt per game. He's got a really good mid-range (and long mid-range) game

Sean Miller (UofA Coach) is really really bad developing & utilizing big men well - and I say that having gone to UofA. Miller is a former guard & is kind of a guard/perimeter coach, who's sucked with about 4 or 5 bigs in a row now.

Miller under-utilized Ayton pretty much the same way he mis-used Markennan the year before.

I expect Ayton to excel in the NBA too - he's pretty much got all the tools and may be the most athletic big that's come along in the last 10 years or more
_________________
BI, PG13, Kuz, Ball: the future core
Never argue with a fool - listeners can't tell you apart
Wilt's unstoppable fadeaway: www.youtube.com/watch?v=8O9MgNfcGJA
NPZ's Magic Johnson mix: www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8Qbo0WqvOI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
mad55557777
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 29 Jun 2005
Posts: 3378

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 9:37 pm    Post subject:

Odds of Ayton going number 1? Lol
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
epak
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 30 Aug 2005
Posts: 19042

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 9:42 pm    Post subject:

P.K. wrote:
epak wrote:
Does the UofA guy shot 3s?

.343 on about 1 attempt per game. He's got a really good mid-range (and long mid-range) game

Sean Miller (UofA Coach) is really really bad developing & utilizing big men well - and I say that having gone to UofA. Miller is a former guard & is kind of a guard/perimeter coach, who's sucked with about 4 or 5 bigs in a row now.

Miller under-utilized Ayton pretty much the same way he mis-used Markennan the year before.

I expect Ayton to excel in the NBA too - he's pretty much got all the tools and may be the most athletic big that's come along in the last 10 years or more


Nice. Thanks.
_________________
Summer: Paul + Boogie
Draft any combo of: Anfernee Simons, Shake Milton, Melvin Frazier
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
P.K.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 10 Jul 2003
Posts: 21371

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 9:56 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
P.K. wrote:
epak wrote:
Does the UofA guy shot 3s?

.343 on about 1 attempt per game. He's got a really good mid-range (and long mid-range) game

Sean Miller (UofA Coach) is really really bad developing & utilizing big men well - and I say that having gone to UofA. Miller is a former guard & is kind of a guard/perimeter coach, who's sucked with about 4 or 5 bigs in a row now.

Miller under-utilized Ayton pretty much the same way he mis-used Markennan the year before.

I expect Ayton to excel in the NBA too - he's pretty much got all the tools and may be the most athletic big that's come along in the last 10 years or more


Nice. Thanks.

The Suns will probably screw this up though - given their history.
rather then selecting the once in a generation big man, they'll select another soft euro who's game doesn't translate to the NBA anywhere near as well.
_________________
BI, PG13, Kuz, Ball: the future core
Never argue with a fool - listeners can't tell you apart
Wilt's unstoppable fadeaway: www.youtube.com/watch?v=8O9MgNfcGJA
NPZ's Magic Johnson mix: www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8Qbo0WqvOI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
epak
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 30 Aug 2005
Posts: 19042

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 10:11 pm    Post subject:

P.K. wrote:
epak wrote:
P.K. wrote:
epak wrote:
Does the UofA guy shot 3s?

.343 on about 1 attempt per game. He's got a really good mid-range (and long mid-range) game

Sean Miller (UofA Coach) is really really bad developing & utilizing big men well - and I say that having gone to UofA. Miller is a former guard & is kind of a guard/perimeter coach, who's sucked with about 4 or 5 bigs in a row now.

Miller under-utilized Ayton pretty much the same way he mis-used Markennan the year before.

I expect Ayton to excel in the NBA too - he's pretty much got all the tools and may be the most athletic big that's come along in the last 10 years or more


Nice. Thanks.

The Suns will probably screw this up though - given their history.
rather then selecting the once in a generation big man, they'll select another soft euro who's game doesn't translate to the NBA anywhere near as well.


They'll draft the current Ricky Rubio.
But with poorer defense.
_________________
Summer: Paul + Boogie
Draft any combo of: Anfernee Simons, Shake Milton, Melvin Frazier
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Jsthornton7
Sixth Man
Sixth Man


Joined: 05 May 2018
Posts: 44

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 10:54 pm    Post subject:

SDLakersFan wrote:
Happy with our results. Atleast no one is going 1st with our pick. My only beef is this...


PRLakeShow wrote:
4 of the top 5 picks are coming out West. (bleep) this (bleep). The trash East can't even properly tank.


First time I ever cheered for Atlanta. It’s like the West is just never going to stop being loaded.


Yeah, that’s my feeling as well. I really wanted to see some of the eastern conference teams get higher picks and get some more parity on that coast.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
AFireInside619
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 11 Dec 2015
Posts: 4650
Location: San Diego, California

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 10:56 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
audioaxes wrote:
not the best case scenario for the Suns to get the #1 but they are not even on the radar compared to Boston and Philly.


I didn't want the Suns to get it. If Ayton is the next all-star big like Towns and Embiid, I'd trade Ingram and Kuz for him NOW. Before he becomes untouchable. Ayton and the Suns wings, the West going to get even more crowded.


I heard his defense is worst than Towns. And that's saying a lot. But offensively, he's a Unicorn... supposedly.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
P.K.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 10 Jul 2003
Posts: 21371

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 11:09 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
audioaxes wrote:
not the best case scenario for the Suns to get the #1 but they are not even on the radar compared to Boston and Philly.


I didn't want the Suns to get it. If Ayton is the next all-star big like Towns and Embiid, I'd trade Ingram and Kuz for him NOW. Before he becomes untouchable. Ayton and the Suns wings, the West going to get even more crowded.


I heard his defense is worst than Towns. And that's saying a lot. But offensively, he's a Unicorn... supposedly.

His defense is actually really good when he's focused on it
Like a lot of young guys, he has a tendency to lose his man a lot when he's off ball
_________________
BI, PG13, Kuz, Ball: the future core
Never argue with a fool - listeners can't tell you apart
Wilt's unstoppable fadeaway: www.youtube.com/watch?v=8O9MgNfcGJA
NPZ's Magic Johnson mix: www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8Qbo0WqvOI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ChickenStu
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 25 Apr 2015
Posts: 12006
Location: Anaheim, CA

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 11:09 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
audioaxes wrote:
not the best case scenario for the Suns to get the #1 but they are not even on the radar compared to Boston and Philly.


I didn't want the Suns to get it. If Ayton is the next all-star big like Towns and Embiid, I'd trade Ingram and Kuz for him NOW. Before he becomes untouchable. Ayton and the Suns wings, the West going to get even more crowded.


I heard his defense is worst than Towns. And that's saying a lot. But offensively, he's a Unicorn... supposedly.


He is not a unicorn, and I am probably higher on him than our esteemed draftniks on here like Mike and 44TL and KIROE, to name 3. He shoots adeptly from mid-range, but he's not a 3-point shooting maestro or anything like that. And yes, he does need a lot of work on defense.
_________________
For #25: Huerter, Jontay, Okogie, DiVincenzo, Holiday, Brunson, Melton
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
P.K.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 10 Jul 2003
Posts: 21371

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 11:16 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
audioaxes wrote:
not the best case scenario for the Suns to get the #1 but they are not even on the radar compared to Boston and Philly.


I didn't want the Suns to get it. If Ayton is the next all-star big like Towns and Embiid, I'd trade Ingram and Kuz for him NOW. Before he becomes untouchable. Ayton and the Suns wings, the West going to get even more crowded.


I heard his defense is worst than Towns. And that's saying a lot. But offensively, he's a Unicorn... supposedly.


He is not a unicorn, and I am probably higher on him than our esteemed draftniks on here like Mike and 44TL and KIROE, to name 3. He shoots adeptly from mid-range, but he's not a 3-point shooting maestro or anything like that. And yes, he does need a lot of work on defense.

Keeping in mind that he didn't have much of a jumper at all in highschool.
_________________
BI, PG13, Kuz, Ball: the future core
Never argue with a fool - listeners can't tell you apart
Wilt's unstoppable fadeaway: www.youtube.com/watch?v=8O9MgNfcGJA
NPZ's Magic Johnson mix: www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8Qbo0WqvOI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Eindhoven
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 14 Jul 2015
Posts: 1305
Location: Zürich

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 11:18 pm    Post subject:

Now, Philly drafts a player who will be out of the League in a couple of years, so we can say: "see, that Nash trade wasn't so bad..."
_________________
It's Ball Time!

No Melo - No Rose - No Rondo
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ChickenStu
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 25 Apr 2015
Posts: 12006
Location: Anaheim, CA

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 11:27 pm    Post subject:

Eindhoven wrote:
Now, Philly drafts a player who will be out of the League in a couple of years, so we can say: "see, that Nash trade wasn't so bad..."


Well, a boom-or-bust prospect that could be in that range for them at #10 would be Zhaire Smith.
_________________
For #25: Huerter, Jontay, Okogie, DiVincenzo, Holiday, Brunson, Melton
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
OC Lakerfan
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 25 Jul 2008
Posts: 2069

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 11:31 pm    Post subject:

Eindhoven wrote:
Now, Philly drafts a player who will be out of the League in a couple of years, so we can say: "see, that Nash trade wasn't so bad..."


No LG will rave about some guy we missed at 23 because we didn’t have that pic.

Or 13...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 24 Sep 2001
Posts: 7736
Location: Eagle Rock

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 7:11 am    Post subject:

JPaulK0n wrote:
From what I've seen from the prospects, I don't see any consensus number one pick and don't really see too much elite talent, this draft reminds me more of the 2013 draft.


Ayton, Bagley and Bamba all look like great bigmen to me.

Bamba has a 7'9" wingspan and he is not slow.

Ayton can score and block and shoot, IMO he can be better than Embiid.

Heck, Porter looked like a better Blake Griffin and who knows how good Doncic will be, kid seems to be legit.

I think that all of those players will be better than the number one pick last season Fultz.
_________________
R.I.P. Doc Buss

"I think we often overlook the best way for a team like these Lakers to obtain star level players is to turn their current players into stars, rather than looking for outside help."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 59, 60, 61  Next
Page 60 of 61
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2010 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB