2018 Lottery watch- hoping Lakers send 10th pick to Philly- Buck Foston!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 59, 60, 61  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Sentient Meat
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 04 Jul 2014
Posts: 7393

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:27 am    Post subject:

I still want Pelicans and Jazz losing until we are mathematically eliminated.

Sorry, but I don't care if we move up two spots in the draft when it's a crapshoot down in the twenties anyway. Once we are eliminated... I will happily root for Western conference teams.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
av3773
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 11 Dec 2011
Posts: 2998

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:29 am    Post subject:

We aren't catching the 8th seed to many games back, to few games remaining a number of which are very tough games.....still a very solid follow up season
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Megaton
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 18 Feb 2015
Posts: 20273

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:32 am    Post subject:

^We can actually do both.

Spurs have an absolute brutal schedule after Orlando today, so unless Kawhi comes back and he comes back 100%, then this team is out.

Both Clippers and Nuggets have a particularly tough schedule ahead as well.

There is still a way where the Jazz now make the 7th seed and the Lakers 8th seed. But the only way this is going to happen is if the Lakers go on a big winning streak right here and now.
_________________
This Signature is now sponsored by Big Baller Brand
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerSD
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 10 Nov 2016
Posts: 6673

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:38 am    Post subject:

Quote:
If the season ended today the Lakers would have the 22nd pick but with such clumped up standings this year, that number could shoot up the board.

They are only two games away from being the 15th pick which is the first pick after the NBA lottery. The Cavaliers currently have the 4th seed in the Eastern Conference, but that is only three games above the Heat who are in the 8th spot so if they want to have a good spot in the playoffs they need to pull off some wins quick.


Come on Cleveland, tank

https://clutchpoints.com/lakers-news-cleveland-is-two-games-from-positioning-lakers-for-a-15th-pick-in-the-2018-draft/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
babyskyhook
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 15 Jul 2009
Posts: 16989
Location: The Garden Island

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:25 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:
^ cyborgspider


I second that.

He’s doing work in this thread.👍
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
babyskyhook
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 15 Jul 2009
Posts: 16989
Location: The Garden Island

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:28 am    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
I still want Pelicans and Jazz losing until we are mathematically eliminated.

Sorry, but I don't care if we move up two spots in the draft when it's a crapshoot down in the twenties anyway. Once we are eliminated... I will happily root for Western conference teams.


We’re not making the playoffs, and that’s fine. We’re showing huge progress, which is what we needed to do this year.

I want to see OKC miss the playoffs. I’m cheering for every WC team to pass them.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
cyborgspider
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 21 Sep 2017
Posts: 829

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:47 am    Post subject:

babyskyhook wrote:


We’re not making the playoffs, and that’s fine. We’re showing huge progress, which is what we needed to do this year.



Even Magic, before the season started, said the Playoffs weren't the goal. It's about progress, as you said, and the Lakers have accomplished that and THEN some.

I thought after trading Nance & Clarkson, the longest tenured players and arguably the heart of the team (well, Nance at least, but JC was beloved too), and bringing in IT to recoup his free agency value would bring the season to a screeching halt. They had to deal with Lonzo's injuries. They had to overcome media scrutiny every single week, from Randle's minutes to KCP's jail time to Lavar Ball's musings (and oh yeah PG/LBJ rumors every single day).

And yet they are a conceivably achievable 10-6 record away in the final 16 games to have 40 wins. Haters will have a multitude of reasons to poo poo this, but bravo, Lakers, bravo.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ChickenStu
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 25 Apr 2015
Posts: 15014
Location: Anaheim, CA

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:31 pm    Post subject:

cyborgspider wrote:
babyskyhook wrote:


We’re not making the playoffs, and that’s fine. We’re showing huge progress, which is what we needed to do this year.



Even Magic, before the season started, said the Playoffs weren't the goal. It's about progress, as you said, and the Lakers have accomplished that and THEN some.

I thought after trading Nance & Clarkson, the longest tenured players and arguably the heart of the team (well, Nance at least, but JC was beloved too), and bringing in IT to recoup his free agency value would bring the season to a screeching halt. They had to deal with Lonzo's injuries. They had to overcome media scrutiny every single week, from Randle's minutes to KCP's jail time to Lavar Ball's musings (and oh yeah PG/LBJ rumors every single day).

And yet they are a conceivably achievable 10-6 record away in the final 16 games to have 40 wins. Haters will have a multitude of reasons to poo poo this, but bravo, Lakers, bravo.


And we're still playing well even after losing Hart for probably the rest of the year, and losing BI for what will probably end up being 7 or 8 games, or maybe even closer to 9-10.
_________________
Kevin Durant will be a Laker in 2019-20.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
MJST
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 06 Jul 2014
Posts: 16848

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:33 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Quote:
If the season ended today the Lakers would have the 22nd pick but with such clumped up standings this year, that number could shoot up the board.

They are only two games away from being the 15th pick which is the first pick after the NBA lottery. The Cavaliers currently have the 4th seed in the Eastern Conference, but that is only three games above the Heat who are in the 8th spot so if they want to have a good spot in the playoffs they need to pull off some wins quick.


Come on Cleveland, tank

https://clutchpoints.com/lakers-news-cleveland-is-two-games-from-positioning-lakers-for-a-15th-pick-in-the-2018-draft/


We should be rooting for Cleveland to lose like no tomorrow.
_________________
How NBA 2K18 failed the All-Time Lakers:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxMBYm3wwxk
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
AFireInside619
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 11 Dec 2015
Posts: 6100
Location: San Diego, California

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:26 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Quote:
If the season ended today the Lakers would have the 22nd pick but with such clumped up standings this year, that number could shoot up the board.

They are only two games away from being the 15th pick which is the first pick after the NBA lottery. The Cavaliers currently have the 4th seed in the Eastern Conference, but that is only three games above the Heat who are in the 8th spot so if they want to have a good spot in the playoffs they need to pull off some wins quick.


Come on Cleveland, tank

https://clutchpoints.com/lakers-news-cleveland-is-two-games-from-positioning-lakers-for-a-15th-pick-in-the-2018-draft/


We should be rooting for Cleveland to lose like no tomorrow.


It's so hard for me to root against CLE. Just kidding. I've been doing that for years! (bleep) Dan Gilbert! (But I'll be rooting for his kid no matter what!)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
babyskyhook
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 15 Jul 2009
Posts: 16989
Location: The Garden Island

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:57 pm    Post subject:

538 now has Houston projected to finish 3 games ahead of GS.

With Steph, Iggy, and West being out, if the Ws drop a few more games they're currently projected to win (hopefully the game vs our Lakers will be one of them), Houston may have the #1 seed well in hand before we play them on the second to last night of the season. Even though we've played Houston tough, wouldn't be the worst thing to pick up a win vs Houston bench players to pad the win total for the year.

Same thing with the game vs the Clips- they might be out of the playoff hunt by then and rest their vets, although Doc hates the Lakers so much that maybe that won't happen.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
babyskyhook
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 15 Jul 2009
Posts: 16989
Location: The Garden Island

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:59 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Quote:
If the season ended today the Lakers would have the 22nd pick but with such clumped up standings this year, that number could shoot up the board.

They are only two games away from being the 15th pick which is the first pick after the NBA lottery. The Cavaliers currently have the 4th seed in the Eastern Conference, but that is only three games above the Heat who are in the 8th spot so if they want to have a good spot in the playoffs they need to pull off some wins quick.


Come on Cleveland, tank

https://clutchpoints.com/lakers-news-cleveland-is-two-games-from-positioning-lakers-for-a-15th-pick-in-the-2018-draft/



We should be rooting for Cleveland to lose like no tomorrow.


Yes- the dream is to give Philly the 12th pick and get the 15th pick back from the Cavs. That would be amazing.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Arbitrary
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 01 Feb 2009
Posts: 5734

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:11 pm    Post subject:

babyskyhook wrote:
MJST wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Quote:
If the season ended today the Lakers would have the 22nd pick but with such clumped up standings this year, that number could shoot up the board.

They are only two games away from being the 15th pick which is the first pick after the NBA lottery. The Cavaliers currently have the 4th seed in the Eastern Conference, but that is only three games above the Heat who are in the 8th spot so if they want to have a good spot in the playoffs they need to pull off some wins quick.


Come on Cleveland, tank

https://clutchpoints.com/lakers-news-cleveland-is-two-games-from-positioning-lakers-for-a-15th-pick-in-the-2018-draft/



We should be rooting for Cleveland to lose like no tomorrow.


Yes- the dream is to give Philly the 12th pick and get the 15th pick back from the Cavs. That would be amazing.


Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerSanity
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 30 Nov 2006
Posts: 31972
Location: Long Beach, California

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:17 pm    Post subject:

I'll do babyskyhook's dream scenario one better:

Scenario A - LeBron demands that Randle be re-signed if he is to come here. In order to make that happen, because the Cavs pick is suddenly a borderline lottery pick, its enough by itself to trade Deng to Atlanta, thereby freeing up the room to sign George, re-sign Randle AND sign Lebron.

Scenario B - We trade the 15th pick plus Denver's 2018 2nd round pick to Detroit for the 11th pick, thereby ending up with a pick more valuable than the one we gave up.

---------------------

In reality, my best prediction is that Cleveland will have the 10th/11th best record in the league, while we will have the 12th worst record in the league. Philly gets the 12th pick, while we receive the 19th/20th pick.
_________________
LakersGround's Terms of Service
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ChickenStu
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 25 Apr 2015
Posts: 15014
Location: Anaheim, CA

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:20 pm    Post subject:

babyskyhook wrote:
538 now has Houston projected to finish 3 games ahead of GS.

With Steph, Iggy, and West being out, if the Ws drop a few more games they're currently projected to win (hopefully the game vs our Lakers will be one of them), Houston may have the #1 seed well in hand before we play them on the second to last night of the season. Even though we've played Houston tough, wouldn't be the worst thing to pick up a win vs Houston bench players to pad the win total for the year.

Same thing with the game vs the Clips- they might be out of the playoff hunt by then and rest their vets, although Doc hates the Lakers so much that maybe that won't happen.


Or maybe the Clippers will have clinched a spot by then, and a loss to us would make them the 8 seed, and maybe they'd rather face Houston in the 1st round than Golden State?
_________________
Kevin Durant will be a Laker in 2019-20.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerSanity
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 30 Nov 2006
Posts: 31972
Location: Long Beach, California

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:29 pm    Post subject:

We have a shot at beating the Warriors tomorrow night. Green, Curry, West and McCraw are all out. Klay is questionable, and Bell/Iggy are probable.
_________________
LakersGround's Terms of Service
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Laker's Fan
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 27 Jun 2002
Posts: 8114

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:33 pm    Post subject:

Curry and Draymond out tomorrow. We should have a decent chance of taking that game.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
cyborgspider
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 21 Sep 2017
Posts: 829

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:36 pm    Post subject:

Every Warrior game has been close this season. Really hoping the Lakers get it tomorrow, just to avoid the sweep.

Although Lonzo may not play in the back to back? Kinda worried he's been pushed a little too much after the knee trouble?

ANYWAY, don't look past dem damn Nuggets, take care of business TONIGHT
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
chantruong
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 15 Jun 2009
Posts: 7777
Location: SGV

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:37 pm    Post subject:

Come on Hawks
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Laker's Fan
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 27 Jun 2002
Posts: 8114

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:39 pm    Post subject:

The Thunder aren't a very good team. I'll be surprised if they get out of the first round.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
chantruong
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 15 Jun 2009
Posts: 7777
Location: SGV

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:41 pm    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:
The Thunder aren't a very good team. I'll be surprised if they get out of the first round.


No, they're built for the playoffs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 08 Jan 2013
Posts: 6060

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:49 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
I'll do babyskyhook's dream scenario one better:

Scenario A - LeBron demands that Randle be re-signed if he is to come here. In order to make that happen, because the Cavs pick is suddenly a borderline lottery pick, its enough by itself to trade Deng to Atlanta, thereby freeing up the room to sign George, re-sign Randle AND sign Lebron.

Scenario B - We trade the 15th pick plus Denver's 2018 2nd round pick to Detroit for the 11th pick, thereby ending up with a pick more valuable than the one we gave up.

---------------------

In reality, my best prediction is that Cleveland will have the 10th/11th best record in the league, while we will have the 12th worst record in the league. Philly gets the 12th pick, while we receive the 19th/20th pick.



Quote:


Scenario B - We trade the 15th pick plus Denver's 2018 2nd round pick to Detroit for the 11th pick, thereby ending up with a pick more valuable than the one we gave up.


How is that supposed to work?

I thought that the Detroit first (protected 1 - 4) is going to the Clippers from the Blake trade.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Judah
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Jun 2015
Posts: 3951

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:49 pm    Post subject:

Not sure whether the Hawks are playing surprisingly well or if OKC is just this bad so far. Hopefully Mike doesn’t throw the game in the second half.
_________________
“Christ did not die to forgive sinners who go on treasuring anything above seeing and savoring God. And people who would be happy in heaven if Christ were not there, will not be there."
- John Piper
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerSanity
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 30 Nov 2006
Posts: 31972
Location: Long Beach, California

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:55 pm    Post subject:

Bard207 wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:
I'll do babyskyhook's dream scenario one better:

Scenario A - LeBron demands that Randle be re-signed if he is to come here. In order to make that happen, because the Cavs pick is suddenly a borderline lottery pick, its enough by itself to trade Deng to Atlanta, thereby freeing up the room to sign George, re-sign Randle AND sign Lebron.

Scenario B - We trade the 15th pick plus Denver's 2018 2nd round pick to Detroit for the 11th pick, thereby ending up with a pick more valuable than the one we gave up.

---------------------

In reality, my best prediction is that Cleveland will have the 10th/11th best record in the league, while we will have the 12th worst record in the league. Philly gets the 12th pick, while we receive the 19th/20th pick.



Quote:


Scenario B - We trade the 15th pick plus Denver's 2018 2nd round pick to Detroit for the 11th pick, thereby ending up with a pick more valuable than the one we gave up.


How is that supposed to work?

I thought that the Detroit first (protected 1 - 4) is going to the Clippers from the Blake trade.


Sorry, trade with the Clippers then. I forgot about the Griffin trade. The point is the same though... trading up, ironically, to a spot that is better than the pick we gave up. Put Charlotte's 10th pick on the table if you prefer.
_________________
LakersGround's Terms of Service
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 27 Mar 2005
Posts: 14168

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:56 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
I'll do babyskyhook's dream scenario one better:

Scenario A - LeBron demands that Randle be re-signed if he is to come here. In order to make that happen, because the Cavs pick is suddenly a borderline lottery pick, its enough by itself to trade Deng to Atlanta, thereby freeing up the room to sign George, re-sign Randle AND sign Lebron.

Scenario B - We trade the 15th pick plus Denver's 2018 2nd round pick to Detroit for the 11th pick, thereby ending up with a pick more valuable than the one we gave up.

---------------------

In reality, my best prediction is that Cleveland will have the 10th/11th best record in the league, while we will have the 12th worst record in the league. Philly gets the 12th pick, while we receive the 19th/20th pick.


The Clippers would get the Detroit pick.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 59, 60, 61  Next
Page 25 of 61
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB