Lakers fined 50K for Tampering with Giannis
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:25 pm    Post subject:

Yeah, it's a shame Magic can't comment on Greek's dunk of the year over Hardaway Jr. That was enough to erase whatever achievements Hardaway Jr and his dad ever accomplished in the NBA.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:23 am    Post subject:

The very definition of a ticky tack foul call. Or just plain pettiness. Very disappointed in Silver and company.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:28 am    Post subject:

Seems pretty weak, but given the history, and perhaps stuff we don’t know, Magic is being held to a strict standard. Gotta adapt and move on, just as they e adapted to the two max plan being maybe not absolute, and how they’ve adapted on Randle, to name a couple things.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:48 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
Seems pretty weak, but given the history, and perhaps stuff we don’t know, Magic is being held to a strict standard. Gotta adapt and move on, just as they e adapted to the two max plan being maybe not absolute, and how they’ve adapted on Randle, to name a couple things.

I think it's a beautiful thing.. I don't understand why people are upset with them for being willing to make adjustments when necessary. And what Randle has been doing necessitates a change in their thinking.
doc_kb824
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:57 am    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
The very definition of a ticky tack foul call. Or just plain pettiness. Very disappointed in Silver and company.

My sentiments exactly....Stern must've dropped by the office
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:38 am    Post subject:

Magic needs to learn that you can't be a team executive and a media personality at the same time. The fine is trivial in the context of the NBA. It's just a way of telling Magic to get back in his lane.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:26 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Magic needs to learn that you can't be a team executive and a media personality at the same time. The fine is trivial in the context of the NBA. It's just a way of telling Magic to get back in his lane.

And the all star break is in two weeks in LA. So the timing is good.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:34 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:

Yes. This is the shot across the bow that the NBA is sending.

It's a stupid ticky tack fine but the message is clear.
Lakers#1Team
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:40 am    Post subject:

Yup, rookie mistake by Magic. A young front office guy needs to learn just as much as a young coach and young players do.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:45 am    Post subject:

Lakers#1Team wrote:
Yup, rookie mistake by Magic. A young front office guy needs to learn just as much as a young coach and young players do.

Was it a mistake tho? Sounds like routine comments any GM would make praising opponent's player
Lakers#1Team
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:48 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Lakers#1Team wrote:

Was it a mistake tho? Sounds like routine comments any GM would make praising opponent's player

Point taken. But the most important point is that the League thought it was a mistake. You don't hear too many FO people talking about other players in the press.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:49 am    Post subject:

Let's wait and see if the Lakers appeal/respond to this first.

The takeaway though is that the league has its sights on the Lakers for whatever reason. Even if you disagree with the fine, you have to be careful b/c we have 2 strikes and so much at stake this summer.
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:50 am    Post subject:

Lakers should appeal this. Nba is targeting the Lakers and it’s going to get worse unless they push back.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:53 am    Post subject:

Lakers#1Team wrote:
governator wrote:
Lakers#1Team wrote:

Point taken. But the most important point is that the League thought it was a mistake. You don't hear too many FO people talking about other players in the press.

You're prob right. It just piss me off cause ex, Shaq, which is Kings ownership member, talk about other teams players all the time, and yes praising them... on national TV
Lakers#1Team
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:53 am    Post subject:

Magic, being Magic, is ever so effusive in his praise of players he admires. The fine probably wasn't because he made any comment at all but that he went a little overboard in his praise (according to the League office, anyway). Magic isn't free to say anything he wants as if he were a commentator in the press.
Lakers#1Team
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:55 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Lakers#1Team wrote:
governator wrote:
Lakers#1Team wrote:

You're prob right. It just piss me off cause ex, Shaq, which is Kings ownership member, talk about other teams players all the time, and yes praising them... on national TV

Yeah, I'm not sure if there is a difference between an owner talking and a front office decision maker talking. Taking the League office at face value there must be.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:57 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Lakers#1Team wrote:
governator wrote:
Lakers#1Team wrote:

It's fine to tell a cop that others were speeding and they should have been pulled over.

But the message would be for me that he pulled you over b/c you're driving while purple and gold. There's an obvious scrutiny on the Lakers and you need to be more careful.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:23 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:

they are basically holding magic to a higher standard because he's "MAGGGIC"

You see how the greek responded. They can't allow a guy like magic to make those comments because if they do, they know it can plant seeds and have all kinds of players running to the lakers. can't have that. lol. same with Jordan. but jordan never really has anything to say unless its about jordan (or kobe).
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:24 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
governator wrote:
Lakers#1Team wrote:
governator wrote:
Lakers#1Team wrote:

It's fine to tell a cop that others were speeding and they should have been pulled over.

But the message would be for me that he pulled you over b/c you're driving while purple and gold. There's an obvious scrutiny on the Lakers and you need to be more careful.
which is true. we have all the extra scrutiny even though we're at the bottom of the list and have been for the past few years THANKS TO...."basketball reasons" that alone should give us some room to wiggle but nope.
DLaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:55 am    Post subject:

If it was not for the repercussion I wish the Lakers fight back in court. It was not Magic that brought the players name, he was asked about him and gave his praise. I know I should let this go, but it's just hard to swallow atm. Did Cuban get fined when he mention Kobe and amnesty. Did Jordan get fined when he comment about Lebron 3 is not better than Kobe's 5.

I'm still pissed off at the league for the CP3 trade, and the years I missed with those two combo's and the possible championship Kobe could have won.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:56 am    Post subject:

DLaker wrote:
If it was not for the repercussion I wish the Lakers fight back in court. It was not Magic that brought the players name, he was asked about him and gave his praise. I know I should let this go, but it's just hard to swallow atm. Did Cuban get fined when he mention Kobe and amnesty. Did Jordan get fined when he comment about Lebron 3 is not better than Kobe's 5.

I'm still pissed off at the league for the CP3 trade, and the years I missed with those two combo's and the possible championship Kobe could have won.

Will be difficult to even take to court. These things are addressed in the NBA agreements with owners, players, etc.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:58 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
DLaker wrote:

Will be difficult to even take to court. These things are addressed in the NBA agreements with owners, players, etc.

Does someone have to make a complaint (like Pacers did with Magic/PG13) or the NBA just drop the fines whenever they want?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:58 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
DLaker wrote:

Does someone have to make a complaint (like Pacers did with Magic/PG13) or the NBA just drop the fines whenever they want?

I haven't seen a press release from the NBA so who knows.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:59 am    Post subject:

I have a feeling some are glad Magic got dinged. Regardless of circumstance. Some I said. Not all.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:03 am    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
I have a feeling some are glad Magic got dinged. Regardless of circumstance. Some I said. Not all.

Why would Lakers fans be happy about it? It's progressive discipline and at best, many like me, are concerned the NBA is putting undue scrutiny on the Lakers.

Lakers have to be above reproach.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 10 of 11
Jump to: