2018-19 NFL Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 49, 50, 51 ... 104, 105, 106  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Goldenwest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:23 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
Remarkable choke jobs by the Jaguars and Chargers.

Not only was the Theismann injury virtually the same injury, not only did it happen 33 years ago to the day, and not only was Theismann in the building today, but the final score of both games was 23-21.

It wasn’t a choke job by the jags, they have no passing game, as soon as Ben got his sh** together the jags were finished,

The jags can’t beat teams with a competent qb and a decent defense. That’s why they’re now 3-7
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:44 pm    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:
The Colts have 4 game win streak... that Texans game will come back to haunt us.

Wouldn't that be crazy? At the time, I thought it was a big hot steaming bowl of nothing.

The Colts offense looks great right now, with Luck spreading it all around behind their ascending offensive line, which is not only keeping Luck clean, but giving them the threat of a running game as well.

We lost two OL today though I mean I hope its nothing serious but we won't know till Monday.

I did see Ryan Kelly get attended to, but I didn't see the other injury. Yes, losing two offensive lineman would not be ideal. Perhaps they were just being cautious since the game was a blowout?
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:45 pm    Post subject:

Goldenwest wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

Not only was the Theismann injury virtually the same injury, not only did it happen 33 years ago to the day, and not only was Theismann in the building today, but the final score of both games was 23-21.

It wasn’t a choke job by the jags, they have no passing game, as soon as Ben got his sh** together the jags were finished,

The jags can’t beat teams with a competent qb and a decent defense. That’s why they’re now 3-7

They were up 16-0 late in the 3rd quarter. They went 3-and-out on their final 3 possessions. They had a 16-6 lead very late into the 4th. They choked. Reminiscent of their loss to the Patriots in the playoffs last season.
Goldenwest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:55 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
Goldenwest wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

They were up 16-0 late in the 3rd quarter. They went 3-and-out on their final 3 possessions. They had a 16-6 lead very late into the 4th. They choked. Reminiscent of their loss to the Patriots in the playoffs last season.

In this case they got 13 of those points off Ben’s int’s. If it wasnt for BR trying to force into double coverage they would never be in the game. Their offense is pathetic.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:18 am    Post subject:

Goldenwest wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
Goldenwest wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

In this case they got 13 of those points off Ben’s int’s. If it wasnt for BR trying to force into double coverage they would never be in the game. Their offense is pathetic.

Oh, no argument that their offense is terrible. Still, three 3-and-outs in a row. Still had a rwo-score lead with what is supposed to be a great defense. Just can't lose a game like that.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:26 am    Post subject:

Redskins to sign Mark Sanchez to be backup quarterback

Quote:
The Washington Redskins will sign quarterback Mark Sanchez to back up Colt McCoy, multiple sources told ESPN.

LINK
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:39 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Redskins to sign Mark Sanchez to be backup quarterback

Quote:
The Washington Redskins will sign quarterback Mark Sanchez to back up Colt McCoy, multiple sources told ESPN.

LINK

Exhibit H in Kaepernick''s suit lol.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:02 pm    Post subject:

Bucs name a new starting QB.....Jameis Winston. Koetter knows how to run a championship team.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:21 pm    Post subject:

I think its funny that Mark Sanchez got signed right before Thanksgiving... just hope for the Redskins sake he doesn't play.....
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:06 pm    Post subject:

Rivers melted down mentally (not the first time) and made a play I would not expect a rookie to make in that situation.

Terrible mental gaffe and it cost the Chargers the game.

Jethro has always been overrated, he is too excitable.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:14 pm    Post subject:

Touching opening to tonight’s game. Good job NFL.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:02 pm    Post subject:

Good game tonight but the Saints are still at the top of the power rankings.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:13 pm    Post subject:

They will probably meet in the playoffs and I have a feeling the result will be different if the Rams have home field.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:42 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
They will probably meet in the playoffs and I have a feeling the result will be different if the Rams have home field.

I think the Rams can win in New Orleans, too. Maybe the Saints are peaking too early. They are just blowing teams out right now.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:34 am    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:

They don’t have home field, the Big Easy will be rocking.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:37 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Good game tonight but the Saints are still at the top of the power rankings.

their defense is playing better than it has all year....they have the best 1-2 punch rushing attack in the league.....and they have the QB I would trust the most on any given night. I would not voluntarily bet on the Saints getting to the Super Bowl because I think the Rams are right there with them.....but if I was forced to choose right now, I think I would have to lean Saints.

#WhoDat
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:45 pm    Post subject:

I would love to be a fly on the wall when Matt Ryan has film session this weekend.....not sure what his deal was, but he had Sanu open all night and just refused to pass it to him after about half way through the 1st Quarter. Ryan connected with Sanu 3 times early in the game for almost 70 yards, and did not target him again until a few minutes left in the game.

The Saints had Lattimore locked up on Ridley and Apple/Crawley (usually with Safety help) on Jones.....most of the night, Sanu was getting picked up by a Safety/Nickel or even a linebacker....but Ryan just refused to play catch with him. Hooper also had a favorable matchup all night, but Ryan showed little to no interest for most of the game.....kept trying to force the ball to Ridley and Jones playing right into the hands of the Saints defense. Jones caught 11 of 14 targets, but with double coverage he was never able to do much after the catch.
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:57 am    Post subject:

Is it safe to say that the Championship games will be NO/LA and NE/KC? Does a team like the Chargers or Cowboys have a chance at an upset?
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:19 am    Post subject:

loslakersss wrote:
Is it safe to say that the Championship games will be NO/LA and NE/KC? Does a team like the Chargers or Cowboys have a chance at an upset?

No to the first question, yes to the second.

While the announcers were touting the LA-KC game as a classic, I found it cringeworthy. Both defenses were lame. It was a case of an unstoppable force colliding with a very, very moveable object. That works great in the regular season. Sometimes it works in the playoffs, but sometimes it doesn't. (To put this into perspective, the Rams are 28th in yards allowed, and the Chiefs are 32nd. Yes, dead last.)

Yesterday, the announcers were touting NO's defense. Well, excuse me, but Atlanta had two fumbles near the goal line. It's nice that the Saints managed to strip the ball both times, but the fact remains that it took heroic plays to keep the Falcons from scoring a couple more touchdowns. (New Orleans is 25th in yards allowed, by the way.)

New England is riding on its reputation, but I think they passed their sell-by date during the last Super Bowl.

All of those teams are good enough to go on a run, but I won't be surprised if we get an unexpected Super Bowl, maybe Chicago vs. Pittsburgh.
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:31 am    Post subject:

I may not be in the majority but I don't put too much weight into yards allowed as long as the points allowed is lower. That's what NE built their championship defenses on with the bend-not-break defense of buckling down when their opponent got on their side of the field and either stopped them or held them to a field goal.

Having said that, I agree that giving up 50 points is not the definition of good defense. I think the game has changed a bit, like the NBA, so even good defensive teams will give up more than we're used to.

Regarding the Saints, I think one turnover (Ryan fumble) was good defense and indicative of the pressure they can bring while the other was just kind of lucky. I think their defense is good enough to get them to the Super Bowl as long as their offense plays at least a decent game. I wish we could just fast forward to the playoffs already.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 11:05 am    Post subject:

loslakersss wrote:
I may not be in the majority but I don't put too much weight into yards allowed as long as the points allowed is lower. That's what NE built their championship defenses on with the bend-not-break defense of buckling down when their opponent got on their side of the field and either stopped them or held them to a field goal.

Having said that, I agree that giving up 50 points is not the definition of good defense. I think the game has changed a bit, like the NBA, so even good defensive teams will give up more than we're used to.

Regarding the Saints, I think one turnover (Ryan fumble) was good defense and indicative of the pressure they can bring while the other was just kind of lucky. I think their defense is good enough to get them to the Super Bowl as long as their offense plays at least a decent game. I wish we could just fast forward to the playoffs already.

Actually, you probably are in the majority about points vs. yards. I'm probably in the minority. I don't have confidence in a team that relies on turnovers or opponent errors to avoid giving up points. What happens when you get to the playoffs and hit a team with an efficient offense that doesn't turn the ball over?

Anyway, the Rams and Chiefs don't get much better when it comes to points. The Rams are 23rd and the Chiefs are 28th. I suspect that some of the difference is the result of turnovers and special teams. Tampa Bay is 32nd in points per game, but is also last in the league with a mind blowing -23 turnover margin. The Rams are +11, and the Chiefs are +4. Again, I am not convinced that this is something that can be reliably carried over to the postseason. If we're talking about a great defense (the '80s Bears or Giants, or some of the more recent Ravens or Steelers teams), that's one thing. If we're talking about a soft defense that is riding on turnovers and opponent mistakes, that's another matter entirely. (By the way, the Saints do get considerably better when it comes to points -- 13th on points per game and +8 on turnovers.)

Anyway, I'm not here to take a dump on the Rams or Chiefs or Saints. I'm just saying that any of them can be exposed by a good defensive team in the playoffs. Even though I think my Texans are a mediocre team on a hot streak, I don't think the Chiefs would want to face them in the playoffs.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 11:51 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
While the announcers were touting the LA-KC game as a classic, I found it cringeworthy.

a lot of Big12 people have been pointing out that the narrative of that game was all positive....a great classic game of two powers.....while there is a game or 2 like that in the Big12 every weekend, and the narrative is mostly negative.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 3:48 pm    Post subject:

Texans owner, Bob McNair passed away.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 5:42 pm    Post subject:

loslakersss wrote:

Patriots are vulnerable this year...I don't think they are a lock for the AFC championship.
Saints are basically the best team in the NFL right now. 10 straight wins after a loss to the Bucs. I would say Rams are a slight underdog even if they are away.
Freddie Buckets
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 6:22 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
While the announcers were touting the LA-KC game as a classic, I found it cringeworthy.

a lot of Big12 people have been pointing out that the narrative of that game was all positive....a great classic game of two powers.....while there is a game or 2 like that in the Big12 every weekend, and the narrative is mostly negative.

imagine if the raiders and 49ers had a game in the 50's. ppl would be talking about the lack of defense,

rams and kc will not win a playoff game.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 49, 50, 51 ... 104, 105, 106  Next
Page 50 of 106
Jump to: