2018-19 NFL Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 46, 47, 48  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Freddie Buckets
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 08 Oct 2007
Posts: 8325

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 2:46 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Winning the Super Bowl has improved the job security of Eagles head coach Doug Pederson and executive vice president of football operations Howie Roseman.

The Eagles announced on Sunday that they have extended the contracts of Pederson and Roseman through the 2022 season.

“We are thrilled to solidify continuity in our organization’s leadership with the extensions of Doug Pederson and Howie Roseman, whose collaborative partnership helped deliver our city its first Super Bowl Championship,” team owner Jeffrey Lurie said in a statement. “Doug and Howie are committed to the success of our franchise by ensuring that we remain competitive, both in the short and long term. That unified vision for the future of our team is what gives us the best chance to win moving forward.”


https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/08/05/eagles-sign-doug-pederson-howie-roseman-through-2022-season/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 16 Jun 2005
Posts: 26906
Location: Dirty South

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 6:02 pm    Post subject:

Freddie Buckets wrote:
adkindo wrote:
if the NFL sticks to the strict wording of the new helmet rule, this season is going to turn into a (bleep) show with games being won and lost because of a flawed rule.


i think at some point the nfl just needs to tell players "you know the risks of playing football, it's a high impact collision sport. if you don't want to take the risks, then move on."


I am all for making the game safer when it involves changes that I think can be reasonably implemented without turning outcomes into a game of chance more than skill. I agree with banning leading with the crown of the helmet for example....but implementing a rule that the helmet cannot make initial contact is ridiculous for anyone that has ever strapped on pads and played the game at full speed. The NFL has entered an area of trying to appease a crowd that will never be appeased until the game is no longer played.
_________________
"To arrive at a contradiction is to confess an error in one's thinking; to maintain a contradiction is to abdicate one's mind and to evict oneself from the realm of reality." Ayn Rand
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 03 Feb 2004
Posts: 22749

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 5:07 pm    Post subject:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/08/06/broncos-announce-death-of-tom-heckert/

Quote:
Broncos announce death of Tom Heckert

The Broncos announced some sad news on Monday morning when they passed along word that Tom Heckert died on Sunday night at the age of 51.

Heckert was a senior personnel advisor for the Broncos until he took leave from the team in July due to health issues. Heckert had been diagnosed with a blood disorder and said at the time that “overall I am doing well.”


Before joining the Broncos in 2013, Heckert was the General Manager of the Browns from 2010 to 2012 and held the same job with the Eagles from 2006 to 2010. He also worked with the Dolphins during a nearly 30-year career in the NFL.

“Tom was an integral part of our organization and we’re all incredibly saddened today,” Broncos General Manager John Elway said in a statement. “With his many years of experience and time as a G.M., Tom was a tremendous resource and a key member of our team. He was a very good evaluator — He had an eye for talent, and we always trusted his voice. It’s easy to see why Tom was widely respected and he had so many great relationships across the league. I’ll always be grateful for how he helped me transition into this position. My prayers go out to Tom’s family, friends and everyone he worked with during his career.”

We send our condolences to Heckert’s family and friends on their loss.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 16 Jun 2005
Posts: 26906
Location: Dirty South

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:53 pm    Post subject:

Guice to miss 2018 season with torn ACL in left knee

Quote:
Washington Redskins rookie running back Derrius Guice tore his ACL and is out for the season, the team announced Friday.

Guice injured his left knee at the end of a first-quarter run during Thursday's preseason opener against the New England Patriots.


LINK
_________________
"To arrive at a contradiction is to confess an error in one's thinking; to maintain a contradiction is to abdicate one's mind and to evict oneself from the realm of reality." Ayn Rand
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ChickenStu
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 25 Apr 2015
Posts: 14492
Location: Anaheim, CA

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:17 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Guice to miss 2018 season with torn ACL in left knee

Quote:
Washington Redskins rookie running back Derrius Guice tore his ACL and is out for the season, the team announced Friday.

Guice injured his left knee at the end of a first-quarter run during Thursday's preseason opener against the New England Patriots.


LINK


Absolutely brutal for that offense. Now it's back to the Kelley-Perine show for carries, unless they swing a trade or make a waiver pickup.
_________________
It's time to quiet the naysayers and Laker haters...let's go!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 24 Oct 2001
Posts: 41732

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:00 pm    Post subject:

Freddie Buckets wrote:
Quote:
Winning the Super Bowl has improved the job security of Eagles head coach Doug Pederson and executive vice president of football operations Howie Roseman.

The Eagles announced on Sunday that they have extended the contracts of Pederson and Roseman through the 2022 season.

“We are thrilled to solidify continuity in our organization’s leadership with the extensions of Doug Pederson and Howie Roseman, whose collaborative partnership helped deliver our city its first Super Bowl Championship,” team owner Jeffrey Lurie said in a statement. “Doug and Howie are committed to the success of our franchise by ensuring that we remain competitive, both in the short and long term. That unified vision for the future of our team is what gives us the best chance to win moving forward.”



https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/08/05/eagles-sign-doug-pederson-howie-roseman-through-2022-season/


Good idea.

Pederson is the most inventive offensive mind in the NFL today in my opinion, his play design and calling is simply brilliant.

Roseman has hit a lot of winners also, the Eagles won the Super Bowl and I would argue they will get another one in the Wentz era.
_________________
Love, Laker Lanny
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 16 Jun 2005
Posts: 26906
Location: Dirty South

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:17 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Guice to miss 2018 season with torn ACL in left knee

Quote:
Washington Redskins rookie running back Derrius Guice tore his ACL and is out for the season, the team announced Friday.

Guice injured his left knee at the end of a first-quarter run during Thursday's preseason opener against the New England Patriots.


LINK


Absolutely brutal for that offense. Now it's back to the Kelley-Perine show for carries, unless they swing a trade or make a waiver pickup.


hate it for the kid also....in the NFL, especially as a RB, it often seems like you need make a quick impact or people tend to begin forgetting about you.
_________________
"To arrive at a contradiction is to confess an error in one's thinking; to maintain a contradiction is to abdicate one's mind and to evict oneself from the realm of reality." Ayn Rand
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Freddie Buckets
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 08 Oct 2007
Posts: 8325

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:24 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Guice to miss 2018 season with torn ACL in left knee

Quote:
Washington Redskins rookie running back Derrius Guice tore his ACL and is out for the season, the team announced Friday.

Guice injured his left knee at the end of a first-quarter run during Thursday's preseason opener against the New England Patriots.


LINK


Absolutely brutal for that offense. Now it's back to the Kelley-Perine show for carries, unless they swing a trade or make a waiver pickup.


hate it for the kid also....in the NFL, especially as a RB, it often seems like you need make a quick impact or people tend to begin forgetting about you.


hardest position to get paid at because it has a short shelf life and many teams use running back by committee rather than having a true work horse.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 14 Apr 2001
Posts: 128263
Location: The Gold Coast

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:18 am    Post subject:

Freddie Buckets wrote:
adkindo wrote:
if the NFL sticks to the strict wording of the new helmet rule, this season is going to turn into a (bleep) show with games being won and lost because of a flawed rule.


i think at some point the nfl just needs to tell players "you know the risks of playing football, it's a high impact collision sport. if you don't want to take the risks, then move on."


The NFL is introducing safer tackling and blocking methods (rugby style) at the youth level. If we can count on competent coaching we should see a decrease in concussions.
_________________
Happy 242nd birthday to the US Marine Corp
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 14 Apr 2001
Posts: 128263
Location: The Gold Coast

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:20 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Guice to miss 2018 season with torn ACL in left knee

Quote:
Washington Redskins rookie running back Derrius Guice tore his ACL and is out for the season, the team announced Friday.

Guice injured his left knee at the end of a first-quarter run during Thursday's preseason opener against the New England Patriots.


LINK


Absolutely brutal for that offense. Now it's back to the Kelley-Perine show for carries, unless they swing a trade or make a waiver pickup.


A trade for Abdullah might make a lot of sense
_________________
Happy 242nd birthday to the US Marine Corp
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 14 Apr 2001
Posts: 128263
Location: The Gold Coast

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:03 am    Post subject:

Spectrum doing a Backstage Chargers show this season, interesting to see if it will be as good as Backstage Lakers.
_________________
Happy 242nd birthday to the US Marine Corp
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 16 Jun 2005
Posts: 26906
Location: Dirty South

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:09 pm    Post subject:

Eagles going to have to make room for my guy Shelton Gibson in their receiver rotation this season....been killing it in preseason.
_________________
"To arrive at a contradiction is to confess an error in one's thinking; to maintain a contradiction is to abdicate one's mind and to evict oneself from the realm of reality." Ayn Rand
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
loslakersss
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 31 Dec 2008
Posts: 8288
Location: LA

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:29 pm    Post subject:

Has anyone gone to Stubhub for a Chargers game? I'm going this weekend and wondering what to expect.
_________________
LAKERS-DODGERS-BUCCANEERS-KINGS-GALAXY-TROJANS
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 16 Jun 2005
Posts: 26906
Location: Dirty South

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 5:25 pm    Post subject:

watching the Arizona/Dallas game....and Greg Little is playing WR for Arizona. I had totally forgot about him.....he was really good a few years ago in Cleveland, but just disappeared.
_________________
"To arrive at a contradiction is to confess an error in one's thinking; to maintain a contradiction is to abdicate one's mind and to evict oneself from the realm of reality." Ayn Rand
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 16 Jun 2005
Posts: 26906
Location: Dirty South

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:43 am    Post subject:

Odell Beckham Jr. agrees to extension to be highest-paid WR

Quote:
Odell Beckham Jr. has agreed to a five-year extension with the New York Giants that makes him the highest-paid wide receiver in football, a source told ESPN's Josina Anderson.


LINK
_________________
"To arrive at a contradiction is to confess an error in one's thinking; to maintain a contradiction is to abdicate one's mind and to evict oneself from the realm of reality." Ayn Rand
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 27 Jul 2004
Posts: 15350
Location: Los Angeles, CA

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:52 am    Post subject:

Aaron Rodgers, Packers Reportedly Agree to Record 4-Year, $134M Contract

Quote:
Rodgers is expected to receive $80 million between now and March.

James Jones of NFL Network added that Rodgers will have over $100 million in guarantees.

_________________
"Suck it up. Don't be a baby. Do your job." - Kobe Bryant
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Freddie Buckets
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 08 Oct 2007
Posts: 8325

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:40 am    Post subject:

Quote:
The biggest trade of the year in the NFL is expected to go down between the Raiders and Bears.

Khalil Mack is expected to be traded from Oakland to Chicago, according to multiple reports this morning.


https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/09/01/reports-bears-expected-to-acquire-khalil-mack-from-raiders/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ringfinger
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 08 Oct 2013
Posts: 22302

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:13 am    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
Aaron Rodgers, Packers Reportedly Agree to Record 4-Year, $134M Contract

Quote:
Rodgers is expected to receive $80 million between now and March.

James Jones of NFL Network added that Rodgers will have over $100 million in guarantees.


Damn! A 4-year, $134M contract in the NFL is like a 4-year, $650M contract in the NBA. LOL.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ringfinger
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 08 Oct 2013
Posts: 22302

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:34 am    Post subject:

Corey Coleman released by the Bills already. Wow. He's getting paid $3.5M for 25 days of practice. LOL.

https://abcnews.go.com/Sports/bills-release-wr-corey-coleman/story?id=57547866
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 14 Apr 2001
Posts: 128263
Location: The Gold Coast

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:39 am    Post subject:

Go Bears and Mack
_________________
Happy 242nd birthday to the US Marine Corp
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 16 Jun 2005
Posts: 26906
Location: Dirty South

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 1:21 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Corey Coleman released by the Bills already. Wow. He's getting paid $3.5M for 25 days of practice. LOL.

https://abcnews.go.com/Sports/bills-release-wr-corey-coleman/story?id=57547866


he was a stud in college...not sure why it has not worked out as a pro.
_________________
"To arrive at a contradiction is to confess an error in one's thinking; to maintain a contradiction is to abdicate one's mind and to evict oneself from the realm of reality." Ayn Rand
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 12 Aug 2009
Posts: 30812

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 3:11 pm    Post subject:

Thats quite a haul for the Raiders. I guess they won't be winning a Super Bowl as an Oakland team, though. Looks like they are building for the future....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Mini Mamba
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 06 May 2013
Posts: 5233

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 4:33 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Thats quite a haul for the Raiders. I guess they won't be winning a Super Bowl as an Oakland team, though. Looks like they are building for the future....


I don't like that they gave up a 2nd round pick with Mack.

But getting two 1sts and having more cap room gives them a lot more flexibility moving forward.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Freddie Buckets
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 08 Oct 2007
Posts: 8325

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:12 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Per multiple reports, the Raiders are releasing (or have released, since the deadline has passed) receiver Martavis Bryant.

The Raiders acquired Bryant for the third-round pick that was acquired when sliding from No. 10 to No. 15 in the first round of the draft. He missed several practices in training camp, prompting frustration from coach Jon Gruden, who eventually applied the more-insult-than-complement “White Tiger” label to Bryant.


https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/09/01/raiders-are-reportedly-cutting-martavis-bryant

man, gruden is really (bleep) this up
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 16 Jun 2005
Posts: 26906
Location: Dirty South

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:08 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Thats quite a haul for the Raiders. I guess they won't be winning a Super Bowl as an Oakland team, though. Looks like they are building for the future....


only time will tell, but I think it was a smart move by the Raiders....I would not have wanted to pay Mack the deal Chicago gave him. Raiders defense will be fine with my former Mountaineers Karl Joseph, Bruce Irvin and Daryl Worley.
_________________
"To arrive at a contradiction is to confess an error in one's thinking; to maintain a contradiction is to abdicate one's mind and to evict oneself from the realm of reality." Ayn Rand
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 46, 47, 48  Next
Page 19 of 48
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB