2018-19 NFL Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 104, 105, 106  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:15 pm    Post subject:

On the other hand, that Rams vs Raiders game will be pretty predictable now....I expect the Rams defensive line to eat Carr for lunch.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:40 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
I expect the Rams defensive line to eat Carr for lunch.

Carr is likely a fill in the blank....that Rams front is going to be a problem for most teams.
magic2worthyslamdunk
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 7:53 pm    Post subject:

Should be fun to watch all the sacks!
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 1:40 am    Post subject:

Mack is absolutely worth the money that the Bears will pay him. People aren't looking at this the right way IMO. The cap is going up every year by about $10MM. Over the course of Mack's deal, by a percentage of the cap, he's getting paid a little over 10% of the team's cap. That is right in line with what the top defensive players in the league have always made. People just aren't wrapping their heads around the fact that the NFL is awash in money. Mack is one of the 4 or 5 best defensive front 7 players in football, and NFL football is about passing the ball on offense and disrupting the QB's time to pass the ball on defense. Players like Mack are at a crazy premium. The Bears now have a truly ferocious front 7, potentially, and I like what the Bears have done since the end of last season. A lot.

Now, if you want to argue that giving up two 1st's is too much, I suppose that's a different argument, but 1st rounders are no guarantee to hit. They just got an NFL DPOY in his prime back, plus got a 2020 Oakland 2nd rounder back (and give the Raiders a 3rd), and I like the aggressiveness here by the Bears. If Trubisky hits for them, they are set up to be a good team for a while IMO, and that division could be brutal with all 4 teams looking competitive.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 1:46 am    Post subject:

Incidentally, the Raiders are an absolute dumpster fire. If you thought their D was bad with Mack, oh my goodness, watch what it looks like this season without him. They may have an OK offense and put up some points, but they are going to be a really bad team this season. The Under on their win total is one of the easiest NFL bets I have seen in a really long time. I think there's a very real chance that Gruden loses that locker room quickly if they get off to a poor start.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 7:43 am    Post subject:

Raiders had their chance last year and they blew it. I'm not surprised they are starting fresh under Gruden. Plus while the Raiders could have given big money to Carr, Mack and Coach Gruden they probably didn't want to, not if they want to be competitive in the future. Look how long it took for the Rams just to get a deal for Aaron Donald and how they structured it so it didn't cripple the team.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:24 pm    Post subject:

Wouldn't be surprised if the Raiders left Oakland after this year. Chargers set the blueprint that you can play in a smaller stadium while the palace is being built. Honestly with the Raiders looking like they aren't a Super Bowl contender anymore, the Las Vegas residents would probably embrace their new team more than Oakland at this point.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/report-raiders-threaten-leave-oakland-153643080.html
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:35 am    Post subject:

Rookie LB Shaquem Griffin to start for Seahawks in Week 1

Quote:
The Shaquem Griffin story is about to reach another level of remarkable.

Seattle Seahawks coach Pete Carroll told reporters Wednesday that Griffin, a rookie linebacker, will start Sunday's opener against the Broncos in Denver, confirming what has been assumed with K.J. Wright recovering from knee surgery that is expected to keep him out at least another week.

LINK
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:42 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Rookie LB Shaquem Griffin to start for Seahawks in Week 1

Quote:
The Shaquem Griffin story is about to reach another level of remarkable.

Seattle Seahawks coach Pete Carroll told reporters Wednesday that Griffin, a rookie linebacker, will start Sunday's opener against the Broncos in Denver, confirming what has been assumed with K.J. Wright recovering from knee surgery that is expected to keep him out at least another week.

LINK

I bet he plays well also, this kid has a ton of heart.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:52 pm    Post subject:

Boring game.
Freddie Buckets
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:21 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Boring game.

i love the nfl but this game is proof why i think the nba has became more fun to watch than the nfl.

Last edited by Freddie Buckets on Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
lakers0505
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:28 pm    Post subject:

That Atlanta redzone offense though
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:39 pm    Post subject:

Matt Ryan was just putrid tonight. I mean, really, really awful. On that last drive alone, he took a sack on 2nd and 1, and then, after it was 1st and goal, he proceeded to make 3 wild throws that weren't even close. On Julio's penultimate end zone target, I mean, give him a shot to catch it, instead of airmailing it. Then on the play where the official called illegal contact, he threw that way out of the end zone (I know that that's irrelevant to the penalty call). And then on the last play, I mean, goodness me, GIVE JULIO A CHANCE TO COME DOWN WITH IT IN THE FIELD OF PLAY!

That was a game that Atlanta should have won, and Steve Sarkisian is still really awful at his job.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:02 pm    Post subject:

I can't help but take note in the new NFL, when a player accidentally makes initial contact with their helmet or brush a QB's helmet with an arm on a pass rush....the game has to be stopped, film has to be reviewed, announcers are horrified, and the harshest penalties are handed down all in the name of "protecting the players".

In the same NFL, while covering a punt Eric Saubert can literally grab punt returner Darren Sproles by the face mask as both players are running opposite directions near full speed appearing to almost separate head from body.....and it is 15 yards, no fuss, next play.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:07 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Boring game.

I'm glad I have split screen. I watched Osaka defeat Keys. I had the sound mostly on the tennis match. Juilo Jones is a Baaad Man. Wentz better heal, Foles is awful. The SB was a aberration.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:17 pm    Post subject:

The game was easier to watch in the 2nd half, but both teams need to work on their offense. Wonder how long the Eagles are going to continue with Foles once Wentz is healthy.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:21 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
Boring game.

I'm glad I have split screen. I watched Osaka defeat Keys. I had the sound mostly on the tennis match. Juilo Jones is a Baaad Man. Wentz better heal, Foles is awful. The SB was a aberration.

right, like that is even possible. Next you're going to try to convince me that Doug Williams and Jeff Hostetler are not two of the greatest NFL QB's of all time? Or let's get crazy and pretend Dexter Jackson and Larry Brown did not change the way we view great defensive backs.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 6:52 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
jodeke wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
Boring game.

right, like that is even possible. Next you're going to try to convince me that Doug Williams and Jeff Hostetler are not two of the greatest NFL QB's of all time? Or let's get crazy and pretend Dexter Jackson and Larry Brown did not change the way we view great defensive backs.

Nah, I'm not going to try to convince you of anything, I'll let Nick do it. Doug didn't get a fair shake. He broke all SB records and was sent back to Grambling. But that was when it was believed Blacks weren't smart enough to be QB's. Dexter and Larry, nah, Dion Sanders did.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:28 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
adkindo wrote:
jodeke wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
Boring game.

Nah, I'm not going to try to convince you of anything, I'll let Nick do it. Doug didn't get a fair shake. He broke all SB records and was sent back to Grambling. But that was when it was believed Blacks weren't smart enough to be QB's. Dexter and Larry, nah, Dion Sanders did.

that was the first SB that I recall actually watching with interest. I recall the 1986 SB with the '85 Bears and the Giants in 1987.....but in 1988, I recall it was during my buddy league basketball season, and many of my teammates shared my affection for the Bengals, but jumped ship and pretended to be Redskins fans in the playoffs! This upset me, and I became a short term Broncos supporter. It worked out well for about a quarter.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:45 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
jodeke wrote:
adkindo wrote:
jodeke wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
Boring game.

that was the first SB that I recall actually watching with interest. I recall the 1986 SB with the '85 Bears and the Giants in 1987.....but in 1988, I recall it was during my buddy league basketball season, and many of my teammates shared my affection for the Bengals, but jumped ship and pretended to be Redskins fans in the playoffs! This upset me, and I became a short term Broncos supporter. It worked out well for about a quarter.

Doug opened the door.

I forgot the one who really changed how we view defensive backs, Lester Stickum Hayes.

adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:13 am    Post subject:

Joseph Randle charged with suspicion of rape

Quote:
Troubled former Dallas Cowboys running back Joseph Randle has been arrested in Kansas on a suspicion of rape charge.

LINK
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:17 am    Post subject:

The Eagles tried so hard to lose that game. The Falcons just wouldn’t let them.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:31 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:

Quote:
Troubled former Dallas Cowboys running back Joseph Randle has been arrested in Kansas on a suspicion of rape charge.

LINK

He was the guy who got arrested for shoplifting underwear from a store.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:15 am    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
adkindo wrote:

Quote:

LINK

He was the guy who got arrested for shoplifting underwear from a store.

Why does Dallas get the kooks?

numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:27 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
The game was easier to watch in the 2nd half, but both teams need to work on their offense. Wonder how long the Eagles are going to continue with Foles once Wentz is healthy.

Could be awhile.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/eagles-carson-wentz-will-reportedly-miss-several-weeks-of-the-regular-season/

Forgot they lost Lagarette Blount in the off-season. Ajay didn't look that great last night and Sproles is coming off that ACL tear. Falcons 2nd level did a good job keeping Ertz in check.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 104, 105, 106  Next
Page 20 of 106
Jump to: