2018-19 NFL Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 104, 105, 106  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:19 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Giants should be so much better on offense.

I’m blaming Eli

I blame their crappy OL.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:24 pm    Post subject:

these games become hard to watch sometimes when every positive play seems to have a "flag on the play" attached
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:33 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Sure hope there isn’t a NYG/ARI game on the SNF or MNF schedule

SNF are open to NFL's flex scheduling for the best matchups. I don't think MNF gets the option.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:51 pm    Post subject:

Eli seems bored
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:52 pm    Post subject:

Does anyone recall the one college game that Tavon Austin started @ RB? It was his senior season and Geno Smith was QB against Oklahoma. All of WVU's RB's that were not seeking red shirt were banged up or unable to play. Tavon carried the ball 21 times for 344 Yards and 2 TD's that night....a 16.4 yard average per carry! He also caught 4 passes for 82 yards, and returned 8 kicks for 146 yards!

Geno Smith threw for over 320 yards and Stedman Bailey had over 200 yards receiving and caught 4 TD passes, but WVU still lost to Oklahoma that night 50-49. Still, Tavon's night was maybe the most impressive single game performance I have seen from a college player.

It was a night to remember on both sides as Oklahoma QB Landry Jones threw for over 550 yards and 6 TD's....with receivers like Kenny Stills and Sterling Shepard.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:59 pm    Post subject:

Eli's inability to throw downfield really helped me in fantasy...PPR and all those dump offs to Saquon.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:00 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Does anyone recall the one college game that Tavon Austin started @ RB? It was his senior season and Geno Smith was QB against Oklahoma. All of WVU's RB's that were not seeking red shirt were banged up or unable to play. Tavon carried the ball 21 times for 344 Yards and 2 TD's that night....a 16.4 yard average per carry! He also caught 4 passes for 82 yards, and returned 8 kicks for 146 yards!

Geno Smith threw for over 320 yards and Stedman Bailey had over 200 yards receiving and caught 4 TD passes, but WVU still lost to Oklahoma that night 50-49. Still, Tavon's night was maybe the most impressive single game performance I have seen from a college player.

It was a night to remember on both sides as Oklahoma QB Landry Jones threw for over 550 yards and 6 TD's....with receivers like Kenny Stills and Sterling Shepard.

Big 12 defense-optional.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:18 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Eli seems bored

That team is going nowhere fast.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:20 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Eli seems bored

That team is going nowhere fast.

I don’t see any fire. Eli has the same dumb look on his face no matter what.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:23 pm    Post subject:

Ryan Fitzpatrick has put up quite an amazing career for a guy who was never projected to start a single game in the NFL.

It is Fitzy's world and we are just living in it.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:29 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
Ryan Fitzpatrick has put up quite an amazing career for a guy who was never projected to start a single game in the NFL.

Theres a reason the NFL is called "not for long". One moment you are the franchise player and next you are looking for a new team because somebody took your job.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:36 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:

I think he is finally considered legit because they no longer remind us he went to Harvard every couple snaps.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:37 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
adkindo wrote:

Big 12 defense-optional.

maybe, still better than the PAC 12 where offense and defense are optional.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:38 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:

Theres a reason the NFL is called "not for long". One moment you are the franchise player and next you are looking for a new team because somebody took your job.

With Koetter's job on the line, and since the Bucs are going to be, at worst, 2-1 after next week, Fitzpatrick would have to completely faceplant next week to not be named the starter for Week 4 upon Winston's return.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:39 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
adkindo wrote:

Big 12 defense-optional.

maybe, still better than the PAC 12 where offense and defense are optional.

The Pac 12 looks really bad right now, I can't argue that. The Big 10 does too, really, other than perhaps Ohio State.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:48 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:

With Koetter's job on the line, and since the Bucs are going to be, at worst, 2-1 after next week, Fitzpatrick would have to completely faceplant next week to not be named the starter for Week 4 upon Winston's return.

I am not sure about that. I know the FO has said they will make a decision at that point, but most of the players I have heard quoted in the last week sound like Winston being injected as starter in Week 4 is a done deal......feels like even Fitzpatrick feels that is what will happen. It is a tricky situation but the team has to find out if they are going to pay Winston this summer. If Fitzpatrick goes out there and throws up another 400 yards next week, it will only make the decision more difficult. Jameis finished the season last year with a strong December. Koetter will likely not be the only one with a voice on this decision.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:02 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:

I am not sure about that. I know the FO has said they will make a decision at that point, but most of the players I have heard quoted in the last week sound like Winston being injected as starter in Week 4 is a done deal......feels like even Fitzpatrick feels that is what will happen. It is a tricky situation but the team has to find out if they are going to pay Winston this summer. If Fitzpatrick goes out there and throws up another 400 yards next week, it will only make the decision more difficult. Jameis finished the season last year with a strong December. Koetter will likely not be the only one with a voice on this decision.

If he goes out and plays another good game in Week 3, win or lose, I just don't know how you don't let him play at least one more week and go week-to-week with it. Koetter is coaching for his job. I mean, unless the owner specifically tells him "play Winston or you're fired", I think it's going to be tough to take him out of the lineup when the team is winning (relatively speaking). And usually, when a team is winning, the locker room wants that guy to keep playing, but maybe I'm wrong. I think that last season, Minnesota was planning on eventually going to Bridgewater, but Keenum kept playing so well that they simply never made a change. If you have lightning in a bottle here somehow, I say, keep playing the guy until he faceplants. Particularly if it's my job that's on the line.

We'll see what happens. Pittsburgh's defense hardly looks impenetrable right now.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:07 pm    Post subject:

Marquette King appears to target Jon Gruden in social media post

Quote:
Shortly after the Broncos defeated the Raiders 20-19 on a 36-yard field goal by Brandon McManus with six seconds remaining in the game, King took to social media. King posted a video on Twitter that included a Chucky doll with money stuffed into its mouth -- an apparent reference to Gruden and the 10-year contract the coach signed with the Raiders this offseason.

LINK

I get it, I really do.....but I just do not think Punters should really engage is trash talking. The article omits that the rookie that Gruden replaced him with at about 20% the annual cost came into the week with the exact same average as King. I would say the roster decision was a win for Gruden to this point.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:40 pm    Post subject:

also, how about some respect for Blake Bortles. He was not supposed to be able to win a game by throwing the ball over 40 times for nearly 400 yards and 4 TD's. I am not suggesting he can be this level QB every week, but he has proven he has the ability to step up when required. His weapons have been diminished with injuries to receivers and his premier RB, but the guy leads the team to an easy victory over the defending AFC Champions. Bortles and the Jags will likely be a tough out in January.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:47 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Jordan Raanan
ESPN Staff Writer

Saquon Barkley tied the single game record for receptions by a rookie with 14, according to Elias. He now has 16 catches in two games. He's on pace for 128 receptions.

Difficult to view this as a pace when he had 2 receptions in one game, and 14 in the other. At this point, it would be difficult to project if 2, 8, or 14 is more likely....but I can see Eli continuing to dump the ball off to Barkley a decent amount.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:58 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Quote:
Jordan Raanan
ESPN Staff Writer

Saquon Barkley tied the single game record for receptions by a rookie with 14, according to Elias. He now has 16 catches in two games. He's on pace for 128 receptions.

Difficult to view this as a pace when he had 2 receptions in one game, and 14 in the other. At this point, it would be difficult to project if 2, 8, or 14 is more likely....but I can see Eli continuing to dump the ball off to Barkley a decent amount.

Saquon set an NFL record tonight for the fewest yards receiving during a game in which a player had 14 receptions.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:04 am    Post subject:

Good news for Eggles fans: Carson Wentz to start on Sunday.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000963470/article/carson-wentz-cleared-to-return-will-start-sunday
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:10 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
With Koetter's job on the line

He should have been sent packing last year in my opinion. I am not sure if you noticed, but the week before the season, the Buc's announced low key that Koetter turned over play calling duties to Todd Monken....and I do not think it is a coincidence the offense comes out looking far more effective. I have a fairly low opinion Koetter as any type of high level football mind....maybe he can succeed now more as a game manager or whatever.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:38 pm    Post subject:

Josh Gordon's tenure in Cleveland ends with trade to Patriots

Quote:
The Cleveland Browns have traded talented, but troubled wide receiver Josh Gordon to the New England Patriots.

In return, the Browns will get a fifth-round pick if Gordon isn't active for 10 games, league sources told ESPN's Adam Schefter. The Pats will also get back a late-round pick from Browns, sources said.

LINK

it is worded weird.....the trade was for a 5th Round pick, but if he is not active for 10 games, the Browns have to send back a late round pick.

Quote:
To make room for Gordon on the roster, the Patriots will release wide receiver Corey Coleman, a league source told ESPN's Field Yates.

sucks for Coleman....the Pats just got him after the Browns released him last month. In a way, the Browns released him to give Gordon a roster spot, and now the Patriots are releasing him to give Gordon a roster spot. Not sure what is up with Coleman.....but guy has the talent to be a really good slot receiver or wide receiver.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:51 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Ian Rapoport - Verified account
@RapSheet

The #Vikings, loaded basically everywhere, have just agreed to terms with the second most accurate kicker in NFL history. Dan Bailey waited for the right deal, now lands in Minnesota.

2:22 PM - 17 Sep 2018

Bailey was supposed to be the guy several teams that had kicking trouble this weekend went after today....Vikings got him.

Who gives Roberto Aguayo his next chance? Cleveland?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 104, 105, 106  Next
Page 26 of 106
Jump to: