2018-19 NFL Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 104, 105, 106  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:47 pm    Post subject:

Baker Mayfield with a TD catch.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:48 pm    Post subject:

Tyrod Taylor will never start another game for the Browns unless there is a injury
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:49 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Tyrod Taylor will never start another game for the Browns unless there is a injury

Tru Dat1!!!

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:53 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
adkindo wrote:

Tru Dat1!!!

I question whether he'll ever be a starter again for any NFL team.

He was never going to hold that starting job in Cleveland ahead of the #1 pick in the draft.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:19 pm    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
jodeke wrote:
adkindo wrote:

Tru Dat1!!!

I question whether he'll ever be a starter again for any NFL team.

He was never going to hold that starting job in Cleveland ahead of the #1 pick in the draft.

Yeah. Dont even get why they signed him. Not like Tyrod has much experience to mentor Baker. He’s a better runner than a thrower.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:33 pm    Post subject:

If I was Cleveland, I would have went for it on 4th and 2.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:36 pm    Post subject:

well, it has been over a year....but I can no longer claim to have won as many games this season as Hue Jackson....
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:36 pm    Post subject:

Impressive debut by Mayfield.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:38 pm    Post subject:

Bud Lights for everyone. Dilly Dilly!
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:39 pm    Post subject:

OPEN THE COOLERS DILLY DILLY!!!!!

numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:47 pm    Post subject:

panamaniac wrote:
Impressive debut by Mayfield.

Held the ball a little too long a few times but very impressed with his accuracy and ability to read the field. Taylor was like a deer in the headlights against the Jets pass rush but Mayfield didn't looked rattled at all.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:20 am    Post subject:

Is Rosen getting his chance to start this weekend?
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:29 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:

Against the Bears and Khalil Mack? I doubt he gets the starting nod from the opening kickoff but with Sam Bradford you gotta be ready at any time for him to go down.

I'm listening to some chatter this morning about whether Hue Jackson is going to name Baker as the starter from now on. I hope Hue is aware enough to realize that injury to Tyrod might have saved his job, at least for a few more games. I wonder if a coach who was 1-32-1 up til last night even has the pull to even make that decision independently after what Baker did last night.

Wilks is in his first season as HC of the Cardinals so I don't know if he's under as much pressure to play Rosen. I do think it will happen this season.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:54 am    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
adkindo wrote:

Against the Bears and Khalil Mack? I doubt he gets the starting nod from the opening kickoff but with Sam Bradford you gotta be ready at any time for him to go down.

I'm listening to some chatter this morning about whether Hue Jackson is going to name Baker as the starter from now on. I hope Hue is aware enough to realize that injury to Tyrod might have saved his job, at least for a few more games. I wonder if a coach who was 1-32-1 up til last night even has the pull to even make that decision independently after what Baker did last night.

Wilks is in his first season as HC of the Cardinals so I don't know if he's under as much pressure to play Rosen. I do think it will happen this season.

Not starting Mayfield would be typically Browns asanine.

Hue Jackson is terrible, first order of business is losing him and obviously Mayfield needs to be in the lineup going forward as I can read a defense better than Tyrod Taylor.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:57 am    Post subject:

On Baker Mayfield, PUMP DA BREAKS!!!. Remember Darold's first start? He was the next Joe Willy.

Lets see how he fares in the next 4. Coming next Raiders and Chargers. Lets see how they handle them. Then the test, Steelers and Ravens.

I'm pulling for Baker. Can he do the LeBron, bring a ship to Cleveland? LINK

Last edited by jodeke on Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:03 am; edited 1 time in total
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:00 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
On Baker Mayfield, pump da brakes. Remember Darold's first start? He was the next Joe Willy.

Lets see how he fares in the next 4. Coming next Raiders and Chargers. Lets see how they handle them. Then the test, Steelers and Ravens.

Pump da brakes? People are only saying he should start, that’s it. Considering we are talking about starting over Tyrod Taylor, that isn’t too crazy.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:10 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
jodeke wrote:
On Baker Mayfield, pump da brakes. Remember Darold's first start? He was the next Joe Willy.

Pump da brakes? People are only saying he should start, that’s it. Considering we are talking about starting over Tyrod Taylor, that isn’t too crazy.

Sure he should start. If Jackson doesn't start Baker he should be drug tested. I'm saying don't put to much on his initial start and gave Sam Darnold as an example. The next four will give a indication of what he's about.

Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:19 am    Post subject:

Darnold impressed me by being a lot more NFL ready than I expected. Now he is reminding me why I thought he was overrated at USC. He has the physical tools. He has the look. He seems to impress his teammates. But his decisionmaking collapses under pressure. He’s going to be an above average QB in time, but I’m not sure he’ll be elite. Think Phillip Rivers. That ain’t bad.

Mayfield showed us that he has one helluva fastball. I wouldn’t draw a bunch of conclusions from his.debut as a long reliever. I was more impressed with the way that he handled himself in the postgame interviews. You could almost hear him thinking, “I am going to show everyone that I have the maturity to be the face of the franchise. You are not going to lure me into gloating.” He could wind up as an elite QB, but it’s way too early. Just the same, I’ll jinx him by saying that he reminded me of John Elway as a rookie.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:58 pm    Post subject:

Baker is the real deal. If healthy, he will be the long time starter in Cleveland, and will eventually elevate them into the playoffs. Some guys are just winners....ballers....and Baker is that and then some.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:11 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Darnold impressed me by being a lot more NFL ready than I expected. Now he is reminding me why I thought he was overrated at USC. He has the physical tools. He has the look. He seems to impress his teammates. But his decisionmaking collapses under pressure. He’s going to be an above average QB in time, but I’m not sure he’ll be elite. Think Phillip Rivers. That ain’t bad.

Mayfield showed us that he has one helluva fastball. I wouldn’t draw a bunch of conclusions from his.debut as a long reliever. I was more impressed with the way that he handled himself in the postgame interviews. You could almost hear him thinking, “I am going to show everyone that I have the maturity to be the face of the franchise. You are not going to lure me into gloating.” He could wind up as an elite QB, but it’s way too early. Just the same, I’ll jinx him by saying that he reminded me of John Elway as a rookie.

Darnold is going to be fine. But he's very young, so he is going to make a lot of mistakes still. But you see the ability is there. As for Mayfield, he's more ready to play than Darnold is, which isn't surprising because he's more than 2 years older than Darnold.

I'd be pretty encouraged if I were a fan of either team going forward, actually. Hue won't be the Browns' coach for that much longer, and that roster actually has talent. As for the Jets, yeah, Darnold will pay dividends. Both QB's have "it."
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:57 am    Post subject:

What is going on in Minnesota? Buffalo up 24-0 early in the 2nd Quarter!
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:03 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Mahomes is money!

new week, still money
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:17 am    Post subject:

I trashed Eli Manning last week...and many weeks before that, but he has looked good so far today.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:25 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
What is going on in Minnesota? Buffalo up 24-0 early in the 2nd Quarter!

Maybe Anthony Barr should retire at halftime with the way Josh Allen hurdled over him...
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:31 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
I trashed Eli Manning last week...and many weeks before that, but he has looked good so far today.

Well benching Erick Flowers did wonders....
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 104, 105, 106  Next
Page 29 of 106
Jump to: