2018-19 NFL Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 104, 105, 106  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:31 am    Post subject:

Travis Kelce, TE for the Chiefs is very good. He just made a one handed snatch that I do not think most Tight Ends would or could make.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:36 am    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:
adkindo wrote:
I trashed Eli Manning last week...and many weeks before that, but he has looked good so far today.

Well benching Erick Flowers did wonders....

true or not....looks bad for him since he is the only variable that changed. My guess is he is on a pretty quick path to "out of the league"

Kind of miss him....he caused a lot of checkdowns for Barkley which helped me in my PPR league....
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:29 am    Post subject:

Another WTF roughing the QB call on Clay Matthews.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:10 pm    Post subject:

JimmyG out with a knee injury...carted off.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:10 pm    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:

yeah, another terrible call on him.
K2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:27 pm    Post subject:

Get well soon JGaroppolo. Good thing he's got a contract with quite a bit guaranteed upfront.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:30 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:

Good call but a terrible rule
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 3:32 pm    Post subject:

Steve Wilks should be fired. He is awful.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:50 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:

I thought that one would've been called even last year. Thought he drove through him and put his weight on him when he landed. Knew it was going to be called as soon as I saw it.

Last week's was a joke, because he actually tried to minimize force, I felt. On this one, I don't think he did, and they just aren't going to allow you to do that to the QB.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:52 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:

Even more, his OC Mike McCoy deserves to be fired. Right now. With the game on the line and 3rd and 2 near midfield, and only needing a FG to win, David Johnson, who is perfectly healthy, was not on the field. You know who was? Chase Edmonds. Now, I'm not saying that Edmonds can't be good one day, but give me a break. If you don't think DJ should be on the field with the game on the line, you deserve to get fired literally in the locker room.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:15 pm    Post subject:

Somethings not right in NE. They lost the the lowly Lions 26 10. They lost back to back. They haven't done that in eons, Either Belichick or Brady will be gone next season if they don't get it together.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:33 pm    Post subject:

That was the most fun I have had watching an early season game in a long time. Detroit dominated. That (bleep) Brady and Belicheat looked like asses. NIU's Golladay looked great.

Hats off to Patricia. He beat his former boss on the field and in the class department (not that the second one is all that hard).
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:38 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Somethings not right in NE. They lost the the lowly Lions 26 10. They lost back to back. They haven't done that in eons, Either Belichick or Brady will be gone next season if they don't get it together.

they can do that, I mean they have to turn the page at some point, but definitely will not fix or improve the team.

I know you did not, but it appears many are dancing on their football graves already tonight. I have seen this story before, and Belichick and Brady eventually make their haters look like clowns. I will wait a few more games before deciding the '18 Patriots fate.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:08 pm    Post subject:

New England will be fine, unless this is the year where Brady succumbs to Father Time. They are really missing Edelman and Cooks right now. Obviously, we know Cooks won't be coming back there. But teams are just double-teaming Gronk right now and the other options aren't winning their one-on-one matchups. Edelman's return as a security blanket will help, and they'll need Josh Gordon to at least keep defenses honest, like Cooks did.

The AFC looks completely wide open. New England looks slow/unathletic on defense and I already mentioned their current offensive issues. J'ville has Bortles at QB, and he's just as capable of putting up a total clunker as he is what he did last week. KC has no D whatsoever. The Chargers are above-average on both sides of the ball when Bosa is available, but he's not right now, and they always find ways to lose games. Pittsburgh looks fractured and their D has not been the same since Shazier's injury. The Ravens could have decent units on both sides of the ball once Jimmy Smith gets back, but I'm still skeptical on Flacco, and they also need John Brown to stay healthy. I'm still not buying Dalton in Cincinnati. And Miami is not for real.

I don't even know which team I would pick out of the AFC right now if you only gave me one choice. I might pick the Jaguars out of a hat, but not confidently.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:35 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
jodeke wrote:

they can do that, I mean they have to turn the page at some point, but definitely will not fix or improve the team.

I know you did not, but it appears many are dancing on their football graves already tonight. I have seen this story before, and Belichick and Brady eventually make their haters look like clowns. I will wait a few more games before deciding the '18 Patriots fate.

Yeah that's where I am the end is near but I need to see it before I revel in it.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:39 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

Even more, his OC Mike McCoy deserves to be fired. Right now. With the game on the line and 3rd and 2 near midfield, and only needing a FG to win, David Johnson, who is perfectly healthy, was not on the field. You know who was? Chase Edmonds. Now, I'm not saying that Edmonds can't be good one day, but give me a break. If you don't think DJ should be on the field with the game on the line, you deserve to get fired literally in the locker room.

That was the EXACT play where I was like wtf, handoff to Edmonds? Why did you guys even sign this guy? This was the play that made me want to bang my head on a wall.

The other numbskull thing was putting Rosen in with 3 mins to go in a close game against Khalil Mack and the Bears defense.

That’s just a dick move. Take your lumps and make a QB change and let the kid prep. Why put in your rookie in a situation like that?
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:44 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
New England will be fine, unless this is the year where Brady succumbs to Father Time. They are really missing Edelman and Cooks right now. Obviously, we know Cooks won't be coming back there. But teams are just double-teaming Gronk right now and the other options aren't winning their one-on-one matchups. Edelman's return as a security blanket will help, and they'll need Josh Gordon to at least keep defenses honest, like Cooks did.

The AFC looks completely wide open. New England looks slow/unathletic on defense and I already mentioned their current offensive issues. J'ville has Bortles at QB, and he's just as capable of putting up a total clunker as he is what he did last week. KC has no D whatsoever. The Chargers are above-average on both sides of the ball when Bosa is available, but he's not right now, and they always find ways to lose games. Pittsburgh looks fractured and their D has not been the same since Shazier's injury. The Ravens could have decent units on both sides of the ball once Jimmy Smith gets back, but I'm still skeptical on Flacco, and they also need John Brown to stay healthy. I'm still not buying Dalton in Cincinnati. And Miami is not for real.

I don't even know which team I would pick out of the AFC right now if you only gave me one choice. I might pick the Jaguars out of a hat, but not confidently.

My quick thoughts/hot takes on the AFC....

Best Offense - Kansas City
Best Defense - Jacksonville
Best Overall (Offense & Defense) - LA Chargers
Current "bad team" most likely to improve/contend in December/January - 1. New England, 2. Pittsburgh
Unsure if Pretender or Contender - Miami and Cincinnati. Tend to believe in Cincy if Mixon returns soon, and AJ can remain healthy.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:49 pm    Post subject:

I hope Detroit moves forward with Kerryon Johnson as the primary RB.....still not sure why LeGarrette Blount received the same # of carries/touches.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:50 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
I hope Detroit moves forward with Kerryon Johnson as the primary RB.....still not sure why LeGarrette Blount received the same # of carries/touches.

Kerryon is legit, but he does have a history of injuries that apparently date back to high school. I just don't think they want to commit to over-using him because of that. But there's no doubt that he pops on tape. Quick, decisive, and powerful. And has good hands as well.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:36 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:

New England is in trouble IMO. That defense had a lot of trouble with Jacksonville and the Lions. How will they stop the Chiefs? Or any playoff team in the AFC?

Even if the offense gets it going, if they are still a step slower than last year it’s a major problem.

I’m not sure what we will see out of the Patriots. But right now I think a 10-6 or 11-5 record looks more likely than the 13-3 and 14-2 records we have seen from them in the recent past.

Edelman won’t play next week against Miami either so that game will be VERY interesting after the Patriots just played 10 straight quarters of bad football.

Last edited by Steve007 on Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:53 am    Post subject:

People talk about 2014 but the Patriots ran off 7 straight wins after the loss to KC and their next game was a blowout win followed by a 15 point win. If they do that again I’ll be surprised; a 5-2 record in the next 7 games would be pretty good.

Last year the Patriots started 2-2 but the offense played well; it was just the defense playing like trash instead of both sides of the ball.

And a large percentage of the time the Patriots actually do get off to fast starts. People remember the slow starts because it’s unusual for them.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:37 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
adkindo wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:

Good call but a terrible rule

The NFL has a way with rules.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:56 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
adkindo wrote:

Kerryon is legit, but he does have a history of injuries that apparently date back to high school. I just don't think they want to commit to over-using him because of that. But there's no doubt that he pops on tape. Quick, decisive, and powerful. And has good hands as well.

I have not watched much of Seattle, but why is Penny not getting touches? I saw Carson's numbers yesterday, but I could get 100 yards on 30+carries. I also think it is time for Tampa to get Ronald Jones on the field. Barber is pedestrian, and there is no reason we need 4 TE's active every week.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:27 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

That was the EXACT play where I was like wtf, handoff to Edmonds? Why did you guys even sign this guy? This was the play that made me want to bang my head on a wall.

The other numbskull thing was putting Rosen in with 3 mins to go in a close game against Khalil Mack and the Bears defense.

That’s just a dick move. Take your lumps and make a QB change and let the kid prep. Why put in your rookie in a situation like that?

Like the Browns did with Mayfield?
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:28 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:

Blount’s relationship with the head coach.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 104, 105, 106  Next
Page 30 of 106
Jump to: