adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:36 pm    Post subject:

I would take Chucky over Koetter!
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:06 pm    Post subject:

That Baaaaad Maaaaan Aaron Rodgers is getting beat by the lowly 1-4, 49ers. 30 - 23, 3:52 left in the game.

They left him to much time on the clock they tied the game with 1:55 left in the game.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:27 pm    Post subject:

Rodgers is insane. Best QB I've EVER seen, and I'm still on the Peyton Manning bandwagon.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:40 pm    Post subject:

INT with 55 seconds left and Rodgers pulled it out. SAS is gonna have a field day tomorrow with Max Kellerman

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:53 pm    Post subject:

Redemption for Mason Crosby.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:10 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:

True. I was really surprised they didn't fire him.

Goldenwest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:17 pm    Post subject:

panamaniac wrote:
Rodgers is insane. Best QB I've EVER seen, and I'm still on the Peyton Manning bandwagon.

Yup, best at turning something out of nothing on a consistent basis. Kind of like Elway, I think Mahomes will get there too.

Brady (less spectacular but like a machine)
Rogers
Roethlisberger
Brees
Mahomes

Top 5 right now, not in any particular order
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:47 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

Why would they fire him? He had a bad day.

Before that he's always been good.

Its not like he's Blair Walsh.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:58 pm    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:
jodeke wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

Why would they fire him? He had a bad day.

Before that he's always been good.

Its not like he's Blair Walsh.

True. He's fallen off a bit down from around 86% 2 years ago to 75% in 2018. But as you say, there's no need to panic.

ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:56 pm    Post subject:

Crosby has been very hot-and-cold in his career. Good leg for sure. But has struggled with accuracy at times. His overall FG conversion rate for his career is quite mediocre at exactly 80%. That's basically right at the low end of what's acceptable, I'd say, but it's also fair to point out that it does get frigid in Green Bay during the winter months.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:15 am    Post subject:

Goldenwest wrote:
panamaniac wrote:

Yup, best at turning something out of nothing on a consistent basis. Kind of like Elway, I think Mahomes will get there too.

Rogers
Roethlisberger
Brees
Mahomes

I think Rodgers > Brady frankly, but, I have no issues with someone putting Brady over him either.

Rodgers' numbers are absurd. Bradys got the rings.
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:54 am    Post subject:

Yep.

Just judging by talent and what you see on the field (not counting championships, or other factors), Rodgers is the best quarterback of all time. No one else in history has been that talented. He is accurate, he has a strong arm, he throw from inside the pocket, he can run, he can throw on the run, etc.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:14 am    Post subject:

Why doesn't Drew Brees get more accolades. He has the arm, smarts, all things necessary to be great. He also has a ring. What is it that doesn't allow him the spotlight?

Goldenwest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:52 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Why doesn't Drew Brees get more accolades. He has the arm, smarts, all things necessary to be great. He also has a ring. What is it that doesn't allow him the spotlight?

For one thing, he doesn’t look the part of a superstar NFL qb. And the NFL loves to showcase their superstars
Goldenwest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:54 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Goldenwest wrote:
panamaniac wrote:

Rogers
Roethlisberger
Brees
Mahomes

I think Rodgers > Brady frankly, but, I have no issues with someone putting Brady over him either.

Rodgers' numbers are absurd. Bradys got the rings.

I agree, Rogers could light it up playing for any team. List wasn’t in order.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:00 am    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:
Yep.

Just judging by talent and what you see on the field (not counting championships, or other factors), Rodgers is the best quarterback of all time. No one else in history has been that talented. He is accurate, he has a strong arm, he throw from inside the pocket, he can run, he can throw on the run, etc.

Yup. He has one of the highest TD% of all time (6.3%) while having the lowest interception rate of any QB in NFL history (1.5%). Absolutely amazing.

And I don't know that he has ever had a top shelf wide receiver either.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:55 pm    Post subject:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/10/17/derek-anderson-will-start-for-bills-on-sunday/

​​​​​​​
Quote:
Derek Anderson will start for Bills on Sunday
Posted by Josh Alper on October 17, 2018, 11:52 AM EDT

The word over the last few days has been that Bills quarterback Josh Allen‘s elbow injury will keep him from playing against the Colts this weekend and Bills head coach Sean McDermott calling him week to week did nothing to make anyone feel otherwise.

The bigger question was whether the Bills would start Derek Anderson in his second week with the team or if they’d continue to ride the Nathan Petermanexperience. That question was answered on Wednesday.

McDermott said at his press conference that the team will start Anderson against Indianapolis. He said Anderson is up to speed, although that didn’t deter a question about whether he feared losing the trust of players if he went back to Peterman after his two interceptions in relief last week and nine interceptions in 79 career attempts.

“I’m always going to do what I feel is right for this football team,” McDermott said, via Vic Carucci of the Buffalo News. “I certainly trust and have a heck of a lot of respect for our locker room.”

McDermott repeated the week to week timeline for Allen and said that there is no plan for surgery at this point.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:24 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Wilt wrote:
Yep.

Yup. He has one of the highest TD% of all time (6.3%) while having the lowest interception rate of any QB in NFL history (1.5%). Absolutely amazing.

And he has a doofus for a head coach.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:32 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Wilt wrote:
Yep.

I was going to say the same thing! You beat me to it.

I see Packers fans complain about their head coach all the time. They say the guy coaches like a moron but has been fortunate to have Rogers continue to bail him out over and over again.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:38 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:

Probably because of the other quarterbacks in the league during his career. He has been overshadowed by Brady, Manning (even though he beat his team in a Super Bowl), Rogers and now Mahomes.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:49 am    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
I'm not surprised by the awful record of the Raiders....they traded the best player on their roster and that has got to be deflating for the locker room.Even the Raider fans in Oakland are wondering why they are paying good money to see a terrible team.

I give Raiders nation props. Except for 2016, they've been bad for a very long time but they stay loyal. I expect they'll be making those trips to LV just like they did whenever they played the Chargers in SD. I wonder how the local LV population will receive them in their current state and if the Raiders will try and make a big splash move like the Rams did trading up for the #1 pick before their inaugural season.

Latest rumor is they're looking to dump Amari Cooper now. Can't really say this one surprises me as he hasn't bounced back from last year's slump. I don't know what's up with him as I quit watching the Raiders last year. Carr, Mack, and Cooper were supposed to be the face of the resurgent Raiders just two years ago.

LINK

I live in Vegas and the local media covers the Raiders like they are here already. They are constantly on the local news and on the front page of the sports paper. Seems kind of strange to me but besides the NHL team there aren’t any sports teams here that are a big deal.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:43 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:

I mean if you were the head coach of a Super Bowl team next week, and you could choose one QB to lead your team.....how many names would you go through before you chose Brees? Probabaly, Brady and Rodgers at least. Some may even choose Big Ben who has a knack for showing up in big games. Then go back to the middle of his career.....you have Manning, Brady, Rodgers, etc....then early in his career it was Favre....Brady and Manning again. My point is he has mostly just been consistently viewed a notch below the best at any given time. That may be correct or incorrect.....but I think that has been the perception. Besides those 4 or 5 names....there have been other QB with great 2 or 3 year periods that were All Pro ahead of him, but flamed out and whose overall career is nowhere near as successful as his.....guys like Daunte Culpepper in 2004, Tony Romo is 2014...or Cam Newton in 2015. He just never had a point in his career where I think the majority of fans would agree that he is one of the best 2 QB's in the league....or maybe even 3. All that said, he has definitely been one of the best 4 or 5 QB's of this generation (Brady, Manning, Rodgers, Brees....then Favre is kind of half in this generation), and the legacy will be there to tell the story of greatness.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:11 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Wilt wrote:
Yep.

No doubt. Imagine if he has Belichick. OMG.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:28 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Wilt wrote:
Yep.

No doubt. Imagine if he has Belichick. OMG.

Virtually any innovative offensive coach. Andy Reid. Doug Pederson. Matt Nagy, even (let's just get the Reid coaching tree out of the way haha.) Kyle Shanahan. Or, gasp, Sean McVay!
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:56 pm    Post subject:

https://www.wthr.com/article/peyton-manning-set-appear-new-espn-show

Quote:
Peyton Manning set to appear on new ESPN show

(WTHR) — Pretty soon you'll be able to watch Peyton Manning on the small screen again. He's got a new gig writing and hosting a for new show called "Detail" that will be on streaming service ESPN Plus.

The show is a film study series produced by Kobe Bryant's Granity Studios.

The football legend will break down NFL film on the eight-episode series. Bryant will break down NBA film on the show, and a UFC edition is also expected in the future.

Bryant told ESPN Manning was his first choice to after deciding to expand the show to the NFL. "The next generation of football players will learn first-hand how one of the greatest players of all time objectively breaks down a game. It's the ultimate film session for anyone who wants to learn and improve."

Manning's first episode will be available Thursday. He'll look at rookie quarterback Josh Rosen's performance when the Arizona Cardinals played the Minnesota Vikings last week.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 41, 42, 43 ... 104, 105, 106  Next
Page 42 of 106
Jump to: