LaBron to Warriors?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What do you think about LeBron going to the Warriors?
GOOD IDEA FOR HIM
16%
 16%  [ 3 ]
GOOD IDEA FOR THE WARRIORS
16%
 16%  [ 3 ]
BAD FOR LeBRON AND THE WARRIORS
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
GOOD FOR BASKETBALL
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
BAD FOR BASKETBALL
33%
 33%  [ 6 ]
TARNISH HIS LEGACY
11%
 11%  [ 2 ]
ENHANCE HIS LEGACY
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
OTHER
16%
 16%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 18

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:18 pm    Post subject: LaBron to Warriors?

LINK

It's written LeBron would listen to Warriors if a max slot became available. He'll be a FA this summer. I don't think it would be good for the league or James. It would decimate the league intention of parity. Putting the so called best player in the world on the supposed best team in the world would hurt competition. Also I don't think he'd be a good fit.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:25 pm    Post subject:

"Lebron, when you're a free agent would you listen to the Warriors if they opened up a max spot?"

Who would answer anything but yes to that question.

Much ado about nothing.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:30 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
"Lebron, when you're a free agent would you listen to the Warriors if they opened up a max spot?"

Much ado about nothing.

That's thinking individual. How would it affect the league as a whole?

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Gellollo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:43 pm    Post subject:

Bad for LeBron: If you think KD got flack, it will be 1000 times worse for LeBron (joins team that beat him twice in the finals, as well as generational rival Durant). LeBron has nothing to prove at this point, except well... reaching MJ. But I guarantee LeBron will not win 3 rings with the Dubs, let alone as THE man. So it's pointless...

Bad for NBA: Sets bad precedent. Eliminates competition. Just baaaaaad.

Good for Warriors: Why wouldn't it be? The media will praise their front office.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:09 pm    Post subject:

I dunno about LaBron but LeBron would be 1000x the wuss KD is for joining the Warriors. But then again he is a flopper so it's not like he feels any shame.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:12 pm    Post subject:

If he doesn't come to the Lakers I'd like to see him go to Houston. CP3, Harden and LeBron would give the Warriors all they wanted and more. If The Thief of Bagdad (Trevor Ariza) comes to life I'd give them a shot at the Larry O'Brien.

Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:21 pm    Post subject:

How in the world could the Warriors sign Lebron? Have you taken a look at their cap/luxury tax situation? Do you think that Lebron is going to sign for the vet minimum?

This is like someone asking me if I’d consider having sex with Scarlett Johansson this summer. Sure, I’d consider it.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:48 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
If he doesn't come to the Lakers I'd like to see him go to Houston. CP3, Harden and LeBron would give the Warriors all they wanted and more. If The Thief of Bagdad (Trevor Ariza) comes to life I'd give them a shot at the Larry O'Brien.

I wouldn't mind seeing that as well but I'm of the opinion once a player fulfills his contract obligation he should be free to play wherever he wants without consideration to how it affects the league. If it were any other 33yr old player nearing the end of their career no one would have a problem with them coat-tailing onto a contender.

Just because it's Lebron he's expected to go somewhere and carry a team. Maybe he's just tired of playing with a bunch of clowns for 13 years and wants to play for an organization that knows how to be professionals. After being the face of the league since he came out of high school, he's earned the chance to enjoy his last few years.

Trevor's gone Backstreet Boy.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:24 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
activeverb wrote:

Much ado about nothing.

I don't think it would affect the league anymore than Durant joining the Warriors affected the league.

People would be outraged and scream that it was unfair. They would yell that Lebron was a coward. And they would watch to see what happened.

The Warriors would dominate or not, they would win or not.

Billions of dollars would flow to the league, as usual. Franchise values would continue to go up. Stars would scheme to try to play together.

And in a few years Lebron would be retired, and the league would be on to the next big thing.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:34 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
How in the world could the Warriors sign Lebron? Have you taken a look at their cap/luxury tax situation? Do you think that Lebron is going to sign for the vet minimum?

This is like someone asking me if I’d consider having sex with Scarlett Johansson this summer. Sure, I’d consider it.

Scenario, a package that includes All-Star Klay Thompson, wing Andre Iguodala and draft considerations. Also Durant would have to take a pay cut. He's already said he ain't taking no pay cut.

It's not gonna happen, just something for another slow news day.

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:41 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
jodeke wrote:
activeverb wrote:

Much ado about nothing.

I don't think it would affect the league anymore than Durant joining the Warriors affected the league.

People would be outraged and scream that it was unfair. They would yell that Lebron was a coward. And they would watch to see what happened.

The Warriors would dominate or not, they would win or not.

Billions of dollars would flow to the league, as usual. Franchise values would continue to go up. Stars would scheme to try to play together.

And in a few years Lebron would be retired, and the league would be on to the next big thing.

That's if you don't think his joining them didn't cause the entire league jitters and quick rush to match up.

His joining them made the Miami super team look pale. They're young, hungry with great FO and coaching.

slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:56 pm    Post subject:

For a guy who is so all about marketing and branding himself, this is about the worst thing he could do from that standpoint. He's already polarizing, and some of us have considered him a frontrunner ever since "The Decision". This would solidify him as a wuss and a ring chaser, which would really limit his brand potential as an entrepreneur. Surely it would lower his Q rating.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:10 pm    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:
For a guy who is so all about marketing and branding himself, this is about the worst thing he could do from that standpoint. He's already polarizing, and some of us have considered him a frontrunner ever since "The Decision". This would solidify him as a wuss and a ring chaser, which would really limit his brand potential as an entrepreneur. Surely it would lower his Q rating.

The league and ESPN created this monster. He's been carrying the load since high school.

Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:11 pm    Post subject:

I'm pretty ambivalent to the Warriors as a whole but this would get me to actually hate them.

At the same time I'd laugh my ass off if it came to pass for a variety of reasons
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:31 pm    Post subject:

I wonder how some felt when Miami created the so called Super Team? Players deciding their fate rather than having it decided for them.

Wherever LeBron goes controversy will follow.

Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:48 pm    Post subject:

Yeah you're right about that people will dissect every move LeBron makes. Even if he chose to stay in Cleveland.

The only issue I had with LeBron going to Miami was that ridiculous "The Decision" special beyond that he did nothing wrong.
kwase
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:09 pm    Post subject:

Let him go so everyone can consider him a joke. It's karma for how he's behaved as an entitled prikk his entire career.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:29 pm    Post subject:

kwase wrote:
Let him go so everyone can consider him a joke. It's karma for how he's behaved as an entitled prikk his entire career.

How can you call him entitled? The league gave it's face to a teenager. They didn't give him a Mercedes they gave him a Bentley.

IMO the only thing he did wrong was his handling going to Miami. He's matured since then.

He's not only proven to be a good businessman he brought his friends with him. His goal was to become a billionaire. I think he's there or very close.

He's kept his name out of the news. Proving to be a great family man.

It ain't easy to be great.

activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:31 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:

That's if you don't think his joining them didn't cause the entire league jitters and quick rush to match up.

I don't think other teams could or would do anything they can't do now.
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:54 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
kwase wrote:

How can you call him entitled? The league gave it's face to a teenager. They didn't give him a Mercedes they gave him a Bentley.

IMO the only thing he did wrong was his handling going to Miami. He's matured since then.

He's not only proven to be a good businessman he brought his friends with him. His goal was to become a billionaire. I think he's there or very close.

I agree that he's been a successful businessman in terms of making money and giving his posse, I mean his business partners financial opportunities. But sometimes it's not so much what you do but how you do it. I also used to think he had matured, but this season he has posted some stuff on Instagram that has made him seem narcissistic. We've also heard reports from people like Stephen A Smith that while other players respect Lebron the athlete, they don't like or respect Lebron the man.

He has some great qualities that I like, but his apparent hubris and pathetic attempts to distort his narrative are starting to rival Donald Trump at this point.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:27 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:

Scenario, a package that includes All-Star Klay Thompson, wing Andre Iguodala and draft considerations. Also Durant would have to take a pay cut. He's already said he ain't taking no pay cut.

Okay, so now we aren't talking about him signing as a free agent. This scenario would require Lebron to opt-in to the last year of his Cavs contract, and then for the Cavs to trade him to the Warriors. This means that the Warriors would be getting Lebron with an expiring contract. Sure, he could sign an extension later on, but the Warriors would be insane to do this.

Even if it works, the Warriors are facing insane luxury tax issues over the next few years. There is one scenario in which they would owe a billion dollars in luxury tax over the next four years.

The whole point of the new luxury tax system was to keep teams like the Knicks and Lakers from doing things like this. I find it highly amusing that the teams that are getting burned are in Oakland and Oklahoma City.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:48 pm    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:
jodeke wrote:
kwase wrote:

I agree that he's been a successful businessman in terms of making money and giving his posse, I mean his business partners financial opportunities. But sometimes it's not so much what you do but how you do it. I also used to think he had matured, but this season he has posted some stuff on Instagram that has made him seem narcissistic.

We've also heard reports from people like Stephen A Smith that while other players respect Lebron the athlete, they don't like or respect Lebron the man.

He has some great qualities that I like, but his apparent hubris and pathetic attempts to distort his narrative are starting to rival Donald Trump at this point.

I wouldn't call him narcissistic I think more aloof.

I listen to First Take. I've heard SAS say that. He seldom reports things that aren't true or close to it. I say close to because I think he sometimes embellishes a bit.

I opinion some players may not hate LeBron but are envious of him. TV sports shows, radio media, print media, sports pundits all focus is on LeBron. That's not his doing but he's given flack because of it, I think in a envious way.

He's so scrutinized his every move is critiqued . He's not a perfect man. Who is? IMO he's handling himself well with all being heaped on him.

activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:54 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:

Lebron is definitely a narcissist in a narcissistic age. (Psychology Today even wrote an article analyzing the roots of his narcissism.) I don't know if his ego is any bigger than the superstars that preceded him in his previous eras; he just hasn't felt any need to pretend to hide it. But nothing impresses Lebron or fascinates Lebron as much as Lebron.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:00 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:

Okay, so now we aren't talking about him signing as a free agent. This scenario would require Lebron to opt-in to the last year of his Cavs contract, and then for the Cavs to trade him to the Warriors. This means that the Warriors would be getting Lebron with an expiring contract. Sure, he could sign an extension later on, but the Warriors would be insane to do this.

Even if it works, the Warriors are facing insane luxury tax issues over the next few years. There is one scenario in which they would owe a billion dollars in luxury tax over the next four years.

The whole point of the new luxury tax system was to keep teams like the Knicks and Lakers from doing things like this. I find it highly amusing that the teams that are getting burned are in Oakland and Oklahoma City.

Just coming off the top of my head.

I don't think the Warrior would go after LeBron even it it were feasible. I don't think he'd be a fit. He would't be the man in GS. Steve Kerr wouldn't put up with his time out interference's.

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:03 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Lebron is definitely a narcissist in a narcissistic age. (Psychology Today even wrote an article analyzing the roots of his narcissism.) I don't know if his ego is any bigger than the superstars that preceded him in his previous eras; he just hasn't felt any need to pretend to hide it. But nothing impresses Lebron or fascinates Lebron as much as Lebron.

OK. You hold your opinion, I'll hold mine.

Do you know a superstar that didn't have a ego. It's a part of what makes the package.

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3
Jump to: