Jordan Clarkson & Larry Nance Jr. Appreciation Thread (Larry says Pelinka Story About Breaking Promise is False p.28)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 26, 27, 28  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:10 am    Post subject:

we will be lucky for the Cavs pick to net us a player that turn out to be better than Nance
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:20 am    Post subject:

Cav's first rounder will be more like a 2nd rounder. Whose idea was it to trade our best bench players to the team we're trying to steal their best player from? We made room for 2 max but we basically just eliminated one of those two max from our list. Lebron ain't going anywhere. He looked happy. We're down to PG13 and either Boogie or Klay. I'm amazed at the confidence our FO has in being able to land two stars this offseason.

JC might become another Lou Williams. It'd be fitting if they both made all-star next season.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:29 am    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
Cav's first rounder will be more like a 2nd rounder. Whose idea was it to trade our best bench players to the team we're trying to steal their best player from? We made room for 2 max but we basically just eliminated one of those two max from our list. Lebron ain't going anywhere. He looked happy. We're down to PG13 and either Boogie or Klay. I'm amazed at the confidence our FO has in being able to land two stars this offseason.

JC might become another Lou Williams. It'd be fitting if they both made all-star next season.

I love JC....my fondness for JC equaled or maybe even exceeded that of DLo....but it is very unlikely that JC or Nance is ever an All Star. I find them both to be uber talented....but not Top 25 player level talented. Out of the 4 players Cleveland landed, probably only Hood has the level of talent, skill and size to ever be in the All Star conversation.
noahp45
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:32 am    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:

I love this move for the simple fact I want PG not LeBron. So if this move Makes Bron happy then hopefully he stays in the Land.

The only soon to be FA and Future FA that I see worth anything are

PG
AD
Klay
Durant
Greek
Maybe Gordon
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:32 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
ahaider wrote:
If Lebron makes JC & Nance look like that - Imagine what he could do with better talent in (Kuzma,Lonzo, & Ingram)

Bingo. Do you want to cast your lot with JC/Nance/Hood/Love or Lonzo/BI/Kuz/PG13...in LA?

me or a guy that has Akron tattooed across his body and comes home to this everyday......
chantruong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:14 pm    Post subject:

Cavs fans are delusional and so are most fans of any sport outside of LA.

They are delusional and overhyping their team, but imo they are more passionate about their team than we are of ours.

When you hear their home crowds compared to our own, its no contest.

I think we are one of the most pessimistic fanbases in the NBA. We are acting like we already whiffed on two FA agents this summer and next. We are acting like Luke won't develop into a great coach despite him being the youngest coach in the league. We are acting like none of guys can become stars in the near future

To me I see Magic and Pelinka coming through with their plan, Luke becoming a great coach and our young players making huge strides, and our team winning two championships over the Celtics.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:20 pm    Post subject:

We constantly complain about our players, especially JC. You have to watch Cleveland closely and see what a super star can do with the guys we had. So far so good for them. Maybe Lebron won't come now because he has JC and Nance. LOL!
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:31 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
ahaider wrote:
If Lebron makes JC & Nance look like that - Imagine what he could do with better talent in (Kuzma,Lonzo, & Ingram)

Bingo. Do you want to cast your lot with JC/Nance/Hood/Love or Lonzo/BI/Kuz/PG13...in LA?

me or a guy that has Akron tattooed across his body and comes home to this everyday......

Basketball aside, that was a depressing picture to see as I slave away at work in northern California with no hope of purchasing a single family home, let alone a (bleep) mansion, any time soon.
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:36 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
We constantly complain about our players, especially JC. You have to watch Cleveland closely and see what a super star can do with the guys we had. So far so good for them. Maybe Lebron won't come now because he has JC and Nance. LOL!

I mean, I don't know if people here have been bamboozled by all the media hype saying that these two guys are amazing players all of a sudden, but they were doing the same (bleep) with us while we were winning games lately, too (against those same Celtics and Thunder!). It's crazy what Lebron can do for your perception to the casual fan when nothing really has changed. They were good before, and they're good now, but let's not go too far and pretend we lost out on All-Stars or anything.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:00 pm    Post subject: The national media and the NBA now suddenly think Nance and Clarkson are relevant

And that's solely because they are no longer playing for the Lakers. it's ridiculous how much praise these guys are getting from TNT and former players. specifically Reggie Miller and Isiah Thomas are now acting like these guys are Important to a team, I'm not sure if this is irritating anyone else but it's simply outlandish how the Laker hate is strong around the NBA.. it just gives us more motivation to own the league.

Last edited by Inspector Gadget on Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:00 pm    Post subject:

3/10
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:10 pm    Post subject:

TheBlackMamba wrote:
Runway8 wrote:

I mean, I don't know if people here have been bamboozled by all the media hype saying that these two guys are amazing players all of a sudden, but they were doing the same (bleep) with us while we were winning games lately, too (against those same Celtics and Thunder!). It's crazy what Lebron can do for your perception to the casual fan when nothing really has changed. They were good before, and they're good now, but let's not go too far and pretend we lost out on All-Stars or anything.

True to a certain point. We've only had two games to analyze. That's why I say gotta watch them closely. I'll be interested to see JC's FG% the rest of the way. Having a super star being a focal point can go a long way. Lets see if he can elevate those numbers. If they remain the same, tail off, etc. Then LBJ has no effect on JC. I'd like to believe his numbers will be better, which then can make you envision Lebron making our current squad better if he does sign here.
watchME
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:16 pm    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
we will be lucky for the Cavs pick to net us a player that turn out to be better than Nance
LOL! so overrated. Compared to randle and kuz the guy is trash. 5-15mpg player on a championship team. These 2 games are fools gold.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:18 pm    Post subject: Re: The national media and the NBA now suddenly think Nance and Clarkson are relevant

Inspector Gadget wrote:
And that's solely because they are no longer playing for the Lakers. it's ridiculous how much praise these guys are getting from TNT and former players. specifically Reggie Miller and Isiah Thomas are now acting like these guys are Important to a team, I'm not sure if this is irritating anyone else but it's simply outlandish how the Laker hate is strong around the NBA.. it just gives us more motivation to own the league.

I think there is a little paranoia. It's natural for TN/ESPN to break down how these guys will work with Bron. I mean it's the same lip service for guys such as Rick Fox, Fisher, Horry, etc. because they played with Shaq and Kobe. But I've always maintained Kobe and Shaq's supporting class were not that great. They hit clutch shots because their awful play were part of the reasons we were in white knuckle games.
dao
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:42 pm    Post subject: Re: The national media and the NBA now suddenly think Nance and Clarkson are relevant

Inspector Gadget wrote:
they ARE important to a team. Nance had the highest BPM and RPM on the Lakers iirc. We will miss them in the short term. People are fooling themselves if they think a hobbled IT is better than JC+Nance. The trade was still a good one though because we got flexibility for the 2 max plan and a first rounder.

JC will cool down. But they got a stud role player in Nance.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:51 pm    Post subject: Re: The national media and the NBA now suddenly think Nance and Clarkson are relevant

dao wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
they ARE important to a team. Nance had the highest BPM and RPM on the Lakers iirc. We will miss them in the short term. People are fooling themselves if they think a hobbled IT is better than JC+Nance. The trade was still a good one though because we got flexibility for the 2 max plan and a first rounder.

a 80-90% IT is clear cut better then Nance and JC let’s not overrate our guys just cause they played here... IT is a star and was a top 10 PG last year
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:52 pm    Post subject: Re: The national media and the NBA now suddenly think Nance and Clarkson are relevant

dao wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Increased minutes for Lopez/Randle/Kuzma and some help/3pt shooting from Frye where need be > Nance. Have to remember that Nance was too good not give minutes to, but, IMO, Kuzma, Randle and Lopez deserved the minutes that Nance was receiving. They are better players. As for Clarkson, depends on what IT we are getting. If we get 75% of what IT was last year, that's better than Clarkson.

The biggest issue is disruption in momentum/chemistry. That goes beyond on paper talent and can't really be predicted.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:54 pm    Post subject:

watchME wrote:
audioaxes wrote:
LOL! so overrated. Compared to randle and kuz the guy is trash. 5-15mpg player on a championship team. These 2 games are fools gold.

Who needs a "trash " guy that does all the dirty work and hustles. Does those unimportant things like defend and rebound. A solid professional that plays smart and does his job without complaining about his playing time or jacking up bad shots to get his.

Yeah, no team needs a "trash" player like that.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:00 pm    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
watchME wrote:
audioaxes wrote:

Who needs a "trash " guy that does all the dirty work and hustles. Does those unimportant things like defend and rebound. A solid professional that plays smart and does his job without complaining about his playing time or jacking up bad shots to get his.

Yeah, no team needs a "trash" player like that.

There is no doubt that JC and Nance are good rotation players, Nance brings the intangibles.... but we won the trade while the Cavs won the trade in short term success...
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:10 pm    Post subject:

Well for the short term they did win the trade. Nance is great, does all the little things does not demand the ball, helps your defense a lot.

JC- well JC did not play much D, but at least he had the size to switch to a bigger player without being destroyed. Same can not be said for IT.

The trade will better on our end the less we play IT and the more minutes we give to Kuz and Hart.
Kjj10697X
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:11 pm    Post subject: Re: The national media and the NBA now suddenly think Nance and Clarkson are relevant

LakerSanity wrote:
dao wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Increased minutes for Lopez/Randle/Kuzma and some help/3pt shooting from Frye where need be > Nance. Have to remember that Nance was too good not give minutes to, but, IMO, Kuzma, Randle and Lopez deserved the minutes that Nance was receiving. They are better players. As for Clarkson, depends on what IT we are getting. If we get 75% of what IT was last year, that's better than Clarkson.

The biggest issue is disruption in momentum/chemistry. That goes beyond on paper talent and can't really be predicted.

Did you see IT try to penetrate in the Mavs game and turned it over. I think he did it twice. I remember last year we played Boston and I was amazed at how he was able to manufacture shots around the basket being so short. IT is nowhere close to where he was last year....confidence or physically.

Right now JC > IT. By the time IT gets in full health (if ever) it will be next season and we probably won't resign him for the amount he wants.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:12 pm    Post subject:

We didn't win the trade if we get no max free agent. That's the factor.

Cleveland will have Nance and Clarkson and Hood and Hill for years potentially.

We may only have IT for this season, and nobody in free agency. So there's something to consider when it comes to who "won". If there's anything Cleveland has now, it's consistency. They have their Nets 1st still, and they have Clarkson, Hill, Hood, Nance, Love going forward with LBJ the question mark.

The Lakers win the trade if

- Cleveland fails
- LBJ leaves
- their Pick is a bust
- IT balls out on the Lakers
- IT stays for a discount
- Lakers sign a max free agent
- Kuzma becomes a better defender than Nance

Cleveland wins this trade if
- They get to the Finals
- LBJ stays
- IT leaves the Lakers in free agency
- Lakers sign no max
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:14 pm    Post subject:

€H£M£$TR¥ wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
The Cavs forum absolutely trashing us. Only one guy said he checks out this forum and he knows we miss these guys. The rest are laughing and saying they swindled us. That they would trade a late first for these guys anyday. They said we are about to strike out in FA. That Altman played us by pulling the Lakers trigger first before doing the other deals so Magic wouldn't have cold feet. A lot of them think we didn't know how good Clarkson and Nance were. Some feel Clarkson will be an All-Star next year. They think he'll replace Kyrie easily in their line up. And the comment that got the most likes? Can't believe Clarkson came off the bench for that scrub Kobe. So I'll let them laugh while they can. I'm still cheering for those dudes.

I was okay with the DLO trade. He was a good player with potential to be great. But he wasn't the heart and soul of the Lakers. Clarkson & Nance were. They would have been Lakers for life if we allowed it. Can't say that about anyone else here. So I myself have now put the front office on the clock. Like how every cried when DLO got traded and demand Magic's head on a stake. I won't go that far, but I want to see one big free agent this season and one next season. If all we get is Lopez, Bradly, and IT, I won't be a happy camper.

Why do you go to other teams forums? Legit question, no salt.

It’s good to hear they’re happy with our bench players. But keep in mind, in perspective, the playoffs are a different animal. 4 game series, with legit coaching staffs and a half seasons worth of tendencies and weaknesses to be exploited. Anything can happen though, I mean Hill, Hood, JC and Nance might be able to challenge the Super Dubs.

Good luck to the Cavs. Real talk. I hope they enjoy the chuckle when our guys come into their own. They need to be more focused on what they do, and less concerned with what we’re doing. Same goes for our fanbase. As for the petty ish... if I lived in Ohio, I’d be reaching for positives too.

I’ve said this once before, even though I don’t root for Nance and JC anymore, I can’t see how their success should be of any slight against us. I overreact when my team wins regular season games, but that’s because regular season games at this point in the Lakers development are exciting to watch. We are no where close to our ceiling.

In terms of who they laugh at... they have one championship to our 16.

Valid question dude. I wanted to see Cavs fans praising both JC & Nance. Unfortunately I can't do that without reading the Lakers bashing. I guess that's what happens when you have a fan base relatively new to basketball who believe Gilbert is God, Lebron is Jesus, and Jordan never existed.
It's going to be hard wishing those guys well if I continue returning to that depressing, coal mining, rust belt, negative, losing mentality of a thread.
€H£M£$TR¥
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:15 pm    Post subject:

Let’s all shed a tear for Eddie Jones and Vlade Divac. This is quickly turning into another P&M thread.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:19 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
We didn't win the trade if we get no max free agent. That's the factor.

Cleveland will have Nance and Clarkson and Hood and Hill for years potentially.

We may only have IT for this season, and nobody in free agency. So there's something to consider when it comes to who "won". If there's anything Cleveland has now, it's consistency. They have their Nets 1st still, and they have Clarkson, Hill, Hood, Nance, Love going forward with LBJ the question mark.

The Lakers win the trade if

- Cleveland fails
- LBJ leaves
- their Pick is a bust
- IT balls out on the Lakers
- IT stays for a discount
- Lakers sign a max free agent
- Kuzma becomes a better defender than Nance

Cleveland wins this trade if
- They get to the Finals
- LBJ stays
- IT leaves the Lakers in free agency
- Lakers sign no max

that’s a fair assessment and a good way to put it.... but there is also a chance Hood bolts in FA which is also a win for the Lakers
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 26, 27, 28  Next
Page 15 of 28
Jump to: