Jordan Clarkson & Larry Nance Jr. Appreciation Thread (Larry says Pelinka Story About Breaking Promise is False p.28)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 26, 27, 28  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
€H£M£$TR¥
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:24 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
€H£M£$TR¥ wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
The Cavs forum absolutely trashing us. Only one guy said he checks out this forum and he knows we miss these guys. The rest are laughing and saying they swindled us. That they would trade a late first for these guys anyday. They said we are about to strike out in FA. That Altman played us by pulling the Lakers trigger first before doing the other deals so Magic wouldn't have cold feet. A lot of them think we didn't know how good Clarkson and Nance were. Some feel Clarkson will be an All-Star next year. They think he'll replace Kyrie easily in their line up. And the comment that got the most likes? Can't believe Clarkson came off the bench for that scrub Kobe. So I'll let them laugh while they can. I'm still cheering for those dudes.

I was okay with the DLO trade. He was a good player with potential to be great. But he wasn't the heart and soul of the Lakers. Clarkson & Nance were. They would have been Lakers for life if we allowed it. Can't say that about anyone else here. So I myself have now put the front office on the clock. Like how every cried when DLO got traded and demand Magic's head on a stake. I won't go that far, but I want to see one big free agent this season and one next season. If all we get is Lopez, Bradly, and IT, I won't be a happy camper.

Why do you go to other teams forums? Legit question, no salt.

It’s good to hear they’re happy with our bench players. But keep in mind, in perspective, the playoffs are a different animal. 4 game series, with legit coaching staffs and a half seasons worth of tendencies and weaknesses to be exploited. Anything can happen though, I mean Hill, Hood, JC and Nance might be able to challenge the Super Dubs.

Good luck to the Cavs. Real talk. I hope they enjoy the chuckle when our guys come into their own. They need to be more focused on what they do, and less concerned with what we’re doing. Same goes for our fanbase. As for the petty ish... if I lived in Ohio, I’d be reaching for positives too.

I’ve said this once before, even though I don’t root for Nance and JC anymore, I can’t see how their success should be of any slight against us. I overreact when my team wins regular season games, but that’s because regular season games at this point in the Lakers development are exciting to watch. We are no where close to our ceiling.

In terms of who they laugh at... they have one championship to our 16.

Valid question dude. I wanted to see Cavs fans praising both JC & Nance. Unfortunately I can't do that without reading the Lakers bashing. I guess that's what happens when you have a fan base relatively new to basketball who believe Gilbert is God, Lebron is Jesus, and Jordan never existed.
It's going to be hard wishing those guys well if I continue returning to that depressing, coal mining, rust belt, negative, losing mentality of a thread.

We get bashed no matter what the circumstance is family. This is where you earn your colors, my dude.

Being a champion begins here. Rise above, and rely only on your family’s input on where the team is.

Santino
The Gr8 Lakes
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:24 pm    Post subject:

I became a huge Nance fan and felt he would be a key player for a good team eventually. JC is Jamal Crawford/ Lou Williams lite and can make a huge impact when he’s focused and shooting well. Now...let’s not overstate the impact these guys would have going forward in LA. The Lakers hope to sign 2 max free agents and more than likely 1 and some role players. PG, Back up Point Guard, rim protector and shooter. Out goes Lopez, Brewer, KCP, Frye, Ennis and hopefully Deng. So let’s just look at the roster by plugging in a few players I think may be possible and see our squad. Obviously the main thing is Resign Randle and sign PG the rest of the moves can be interchangeable.

Sign Paul George
Sign Mario Hedzonja
Sign Nerlens Noel
Sign Anthony Tolliver/ Luc Richard Mbah a Moute

Resign Randle
Resign IT(6th man Role only after he sees market is trash)

Draft Point Guard (Shamet hopefully)
Play Bryant backup minutes

Now that’s a ton of moves and probably not happening but one can f’n dream. Look at this depth.

Ball, IT, Shamet
George, Hart
Ingram, Hezonja
Randle, Kuz, Tolliver/LRM
Noel, Bryant

That team is stacked and you can interchange several players and lineups.

Longtime LG lurker.
dao
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:30 pm    Post subject: Re: The national media and the NBA now suddenly think Nance and Clarkson are relevant

LakerSanity wrote:
dao wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
And that's solely because they are no longer playing for the Lakers. it's ridiculous how much praise these guys are getting from TNT and former players. specifically Reggie Miller and Isiah Thomas are now acting like these guys are Important to a team, I'm not sure if this is irritating anyone else but it's simply outlandish how the Laker hate is strong around the NBA.. it just gives us more motivation to own the league.
they ARE important to a team. Nance had the highest BPM and RPM on the Lakers iirc. We will miss them in the short term. People are fooling themselves if they think a hobbled IT is better than JC+Nance. The trade was still a good one though because we got flexibility for the 2 max plan and a first rounder.

JC will cool down. But they got a stud role player in Nance.

Increased minutes for Lopez/Randle/Kuzma and some help/3pt shooting from Frye where need be > Nance. Have to remember that Nance was too good not give minutes to, but, IMO, Kuzma, Randle and Lopez deserved the minutes that Nance was receiving. They are better players. As for Clarkson, depends on what IT we are getting. If we get 75% of what IT was last year, that's better than Clarkson.

The biggest issue is disruption in momentum/chemistry. That goes beyond on paper talent and can't really be predicted.
I understand your argument, but we simply have differing views on the value of Nance. I believe that Nance plays his role at a higher level than Randle/Kuz play theirs, and I think BPM/RPM bear that out. Nance is #11 PF in the league in RPM. Randle is #41, Kuzma is #77. Nance had +3.8 BPM, which was by far the highest on the team. Lonzo is second at +1.0.

And as far as IT goes, he has been terrible this year. His last game was somewhat promising, but he still had tons of turnovers and terrible defense. He still dominates the ball like an MVP candidate, but his game isn't good enough to back it up. There really isn't any evidence that he's going to be anywhere close to his pre-injury form anytime soon. Hopefully he turns it around, but I'm not holding my breath. I worry that his selfishness and ineffectiveness are going to ruin the momentum we had built up.

Last edited by dao on Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:36 pm    Post subject:

These next two games will tell us a lot.

If we go 2-1 we'll be fine in the eyes of the media.

If we go 1-2 or worse 0-3 that will become the story.
dao
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:41 pm    Post subject:

The Gr8 Lakes wrote:
I became a huge Nance fan and felt he would be a key player for a good team eventually. JC is Jamal Crawford/ Lou Williams lite and can make a huge impact when he’s focused and shooting well. Now...let’s not overstate the impact these guys would have going forward in LA. The Lakers hope to sign 2 max free agents and more than likely 1 and some role players. PG, Back up Point Guard, rim protector and shooter. Out goes Lopez, Brewer, KCP, Frye, Ennis and hopefully Deng. So let’s just look at the roster by plugging in a few players I think may be possible and see our squad. Obviously the main thing is Resign Randle and sign PG the rest of the moves can be interchangeable.

Sign Paul George
Sign Mario Hedzonja
Sign Nerlens Noel
Sign Anthony Tolliver/ Luc Richard Mbah a Moute

Resign Randle
Resign IT(6th man Role only after he sees market is trash)

Draft Point Guard (Shamet hopefully)
Play Bryant backup minutes

Now that’s a ton of moves and probably not happening but one can f’n dream. Look at this depth.

Ball, IT, Shamet
George, Hart
Ingram, Hezonja
Randle, Kuz, Tolliver/LRM
Noel, Bryant

That team is stacked and you can interchange several players and lineups.
not enough shooting. You'd have to start Kuz at the 4, and either Randle or Noel at the 5.
The Gr8 Lakes
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:00 pm    Post subject:

Kuz, Bryant, Tolliver all can stretch the floor. We are looking at 2 guys that can’t shoot, other than that we have threats everywhere

Longtime LG lurker.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:16 pm    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
we will be lucky for the Cavs pick to net us a player that turn out to be better than Nance

Think #27

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
BigBallerBrand
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:24 pm    Post subject:

Here’s what will happen. Cavs will either win in the finals or lose in the finals. Either way, Lebron will go to the finals again and will stay in Cleveland.

Then, we will debate for YEARS what would have happened if we just didn’t pull the trigger on this trade to help the Cavs get better.
chantruong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:30 pm    Post subject:

BigBallerBrand wrote:
Here’s what will happen. Cavs will either win in the finals or lose in the finals. Either way, Lebron will go to the finals again and will stay in Cleveland.

Then, we will debate for YEARS what would have happened if we just didn’t pull the trigger on this trade to help the Cavs get better.

Nobody is gonna care about this trade in a year. If we traded James Harden sure. But Clarkson and Nance
LAL4K3RS
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:35 pm    Post subject:

BigBallerBrand wrote:

I was never a big LeBronze fan, but why would you ever want to remove the player he hates and put him on your team and give up part of that core of players that did not look bad considering half of them are in year one of the NBA. I would rather have gone after one All Star than to try to force the issue for 2 superstars because we had a team that was one superstar away from being a very competitive and playoff bound team no question about it.

I am glad we won't get LeBronze but now we won't even get another elite player because we have IT and our team lost its heart when the FO decided to nuke the team with a trade.

My hope is that we can find someone to come to the Lakers but it will be another year to two before that happens. This was the worst move we have made and Dr. Buss is rolling in his grave at the inept Front Office.
This Laker Organization has not yet hit bottom. It is moving there quickly, and I suspect this year we will see zero talent coming to the Lakers and we will trade away Kuz and BI for old vets in the hopes of giving LeBronze some scapegoats.
BigBoi
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:37 pm    Post subject:

Laker fans were wrong about JC and Nance especially, I would’ve rather traded Julius Randle. We miss Nance’s defense and JC is a better player than IT at this point. Magic once again has traded away our youth for old washed up players 2 times in a row now, we were on a winning streak before the trade deadline now we’ve lost 3 in a row, I’m getting tired of this (bleep)

Last edited by BigBoi on Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
LAL4K3RS
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:38 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
These next two games will tell us a lot.

If we go 2-1 we'll be fine in the eyes of the media.

If we go 1-2 or worse 0-3 that will become the story.

We got 0-3 and IT had one game with 22 points, one ejection and one game where he shot 20% and was 0-5 from 3pt land.

I think we are seeing exactly what we should have expected to see and not getting 2 Allstars is not going to sit well with Laker Fans.
This Laker Organization has not yet hit bottom. It is moving there quickly, and I suspect this year we will see zero talent coming to the Lakers and we will trade away Kuz and BI for old vets in the hopes of giving LeBronze some scapegoats.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:01 pm    Post subject:

I will wait until this summer to make a real judgement....but I am tired of watching players begin to develop and produce....then immediately traded away for washed up big name players.....and I envy teams that get to watch their guys grow and develop together instead of always trying to force myself to get excited to watch mostly players that will not be on the team in a year. In the end, does it matter that Lopez and IT played bad or KCP had a good night? Always hoping someone comes and saves the organization....
dao
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:05 pm    Post subject:

BigBoi wrote:
Laker fans were wrong about JC and Nance especially, I would’ve rather traded Julius Randle. We miss Nance’s defense and JC is a better player than IT at this point. Magic once again has traded away our youth for old washed up players 2 times in a row now, we were on a winning streak before the trade deadline now we’ve lost 3 in a row, I’m getting tired of this (bleep)
Lakers tried to get a first rounder for Randle, but couldn't. It had to be Nance. Randle had no trade value.
trablos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:05 pm    Post subject:

This thread is gonna get bumped after every loss
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:07 pm    Post subject:

trablos wrote:
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:09 pm    Post subject:

pio2u is always 100% positive
LAL4K3RS
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:09 pm    Post subject:

trablos wrote:

I don't think we are going to win more than a handful of games. I really enjoyed seeing this young team play. It was the first year I felt like we had this going in the right direction and to make this trade pretty much gutted me WALKING DEAD style.

To think we went from a team that was beating upper end teams without Ball for that matter, and now we are a team that is like watching a fat kid fall down a flight of stairs in slow motion.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:15 pm    Post subject:

LAL4K3RS wrote:
trablos wrote:

I don't think we are going to win more than a handful of games. I really enjoyed seeing this young team play. It was the first year I felt like we had this going in the right direction and to make this trade pretty much gutted me WALKING DEAD style.

To think we went from a team that was beating upper end teams without Ball for that matter, and now we are a team that is like watching a fat kid fall down a flight of stairs in slow motion.

I feel similar...hopefully we can get back on track after the All Star break
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:50 pm    Post subject:

Larry, couldn't u have at least left your iq behind?
We're left with 2 pfs that lack on the defensive side.
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:58 pm    Post subject:

Preference would have been to keep everyone and sign PG. Cavs got two impact players and we got capspace.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:25 pm    Post subject:

LakerLogic wrote:
Preference would have been to keep everyone and sign PG. Cavs got two impact players and we got capspace.

This does make a lot of sense. Oh well. Too late now. At least if we strike out we'll have our draft picks moving forward. It'll be another few years of kicking the can.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:21 am    Post subject:

I miss you Larry
FloppyDiskz
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:44 am    Post subject:

In years past, when players got traded away I would forget about them as if they're dead to me. Somehow with these two, I miss them already.

I feel like even if we won the previous two games I'd still miss them. Larry tweeting about Zubac didnt help much either.

If we manage to sign some superstars, I'd probably still miss them. After all, home grown is almost always better than store bought.
El Seano
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:56 am    Post subject:

Jesus Christ I'd hate to see some of you guys after a real life break-up. All this thread needs is a loop of "I can't live (if living is without you)" playing whenever you open it. It'll be okay fellas, there's plenty of other scoring combo guards and energy bigs in the sea. LeBron ain't all that, they'll get tired of him and leave him too, you'll see.

It's always darkest before the dawn. Maybe take some time to yourselves, take up a new hobby. You gotta get yourselves out there. Take a little time to just focus on you.

Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 26, 27, 28  Next
Page 16 of 28
Jump to: