Jordan Clarkson & Larry Nance Jr. Appreciation Thread (Larry says Pelinka Story About Breaking Promise is False p.28)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 26, 27, 28  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:02 pm    Post subject:

h2omike wrote:
Wonder what the Cavs roster looks like next year, if Lebron leaves, who also gets shipped out?

Love is most likely gone. No point in keeping him when they get still get good assets for him and then tank like hell for the next couple of years.

If I were controlling the Cavs, trade Love either for a top 7 pick this draft, or get a 1st rounder or two for him next season. As a city in Ohio, no free agent worth a lick will ever sign with the Cavs. Nobody did even with Lebron there, so no way anybody does without him either. So if you have too, get first round picks while taking in bad contracts as well.

Then hope in this draft you either get Trae Young or Michael Porter Jr. Then tank like hell the next couple of seasons with a great amount of assets while waiting for those bad contracts to expire while your draft picks grow into their own.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:10 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
h2omike wrote:
Wonder what the Cavs roster looks like next year, if Lebron leaves, who also gets shipped out?

Love is most likely gone. No point in keeping him when they get still get good assets for him and then tank like hell for the next couple of years.

If I were controlling the Cavs, trade Love either for a top 7 pick this draft, or get a 1st rounder or two for him next season. As a city in Ohio, no free agent worth a lick will ever sign with the Cavs. Nobody did even with Lebron there, so no way anybody does without him either. So if you have too, get first round picks while taking in bad contracts as well.

Then hope in this draft you either get Trae Young or Michael Porter Jr. Then tank like hell the next couple of seasons with a great amount of assets while waiting for those bad contracts to expire while your draft picks grow into their own.

lol no team is trading top 7 pick for love
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:33 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
Megaton wrote:
h2omike wrote:

That's why I said or a pick or two next season.

I would call the Grizz for their 4th pick anyway since they have been rumored to wanting to trade that pick. Convince them of a great frontcourt that can shoot inside and out of Love and Marc Gasol, while still having Mike Conley leading the point. It would be a win win for both teams in this case.
Jsthornton7
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:41 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
Megaton wrote:
h2omike wrote:

I could see the Nuggets offering 14 + Faried though lol
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:54 pm    Post subject:

Jsthornton7 wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
Megaton wrote:
h2omike wrote:

I could see the Nuggets offering 14 + Faried though lol

Nuggets are offering that package for free because they want to be rid of Faried.

That’s a great way to rebuild for the Cavs. Trade Love for draft picks next years. Take Faried’s contract in return for that 14th pick. Do the same for other teams that want to get rid of bad contracts.

Basically, become a garbage disposal team. Take the bad contracts that no one would else would touch by having them pay a little fee for them.

After a couple or so years when these bad contracts expire and you have your draft picks accumulated and grown, suddenly you will have that talent while having the cap space for others.
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:33 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Rough for JC.
No minutes while Rodney did some positive things.

I don't know why it took Lue so long to make the move. Clarkson has been killing them the entire postseason.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:12 am    Post subject:

Treble Clef wrote:
epak wrote:
Rough for JC.

I don't know why it took Lue so long to make the move. Clarkson has been killing them the entire postseason.

JC was always going to be a horrendous fit in Cleveland IMO. JC did better in LA because they were willing to give him a lot of room to work with and live with his mistakes. Hell, I wasn't the biggest JC fan, but I will admit he carried us offensively at times. He needs the ball in his hands and a lot of time in the PnR setting to be effective. Cleveland is more cutthroat and needs to be suited to Lebron's playstyle, which is one of the reasons Kyrie wanted out. Hood just compliments Lebron's skill set more, although I'm guessing that won't matter next season.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:11 am    Post subject:

KindCrippler2000 wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:
epak wrote:
Rough for JC.

JC was always going to be a horrendous fit in Cleveland IMO. JC did better in LA because they were willing to give him a lot of room to work with and live with his mistakes. Hell, I wasn't the biggest JC fan, but I will admit he carried us offensively at times. He needs the ball in his hands and a lot of time in the PnR setting to be effective. Cleveland is more cutthroat and needs to be suited to Lebron's playstyle, which is one of the reasons Kyrie wanted out. Hood just compliments Lebron's skill set more, although I'm guessing that won't matter next season.

How many good teams will allow JC to dominate the ball and take the kind of shots he takes?

Honestly, better suited for a team that isn't a high level playoff team. Puts up high usage in those kinds of teams.
€H£M£$TR¥
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:50 am    Post subject:

I’d trade the Cavs pick back to them along with Deng for Love.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:02 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:
epak wrote:
Rough for JC.

How many good teams will allow JC to dominate the ball and take the kind of shots he takes?

Honestly, better suited for a team that isn't a high level playoff team. Puts up high usage in those kinds of teams.

Why would a high level playoff team acquire JC at the trade deadline only to ponder this question?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:06 am    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:
epak wrote:
Rough for JC.

Why would a high level playoff team acquire JC at the trade deadline only to ponder this question?

Which is why many here were celebrating getting a 1st as part of the trade. It was a weird/strange fit b/c we've seen JC play. He needs a lot of shots/room to get hot, and you're not getting that with that team. But we will happily take the cap space + 1st.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:16 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:
epak wrote:
Rough for JC.

Which is why many here were celebrating getting a 1st as part of the trade. It was a weird/strange fit b/c we've seen JC play. He needs a lot of shots/room to get hot, and you're not getting that with that team. But we will happily take the cap space + 1st.

It was an organization that looked at his PPG numbers and how strangely efficient he was at getting them. Cavs didn’t do their research on the context of those numbers so it bit them in the ass.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:23 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:
epak wrote:
Rough for JC.

Perhaps, but it's an icky situation for JC. Finds a niche on the Lakers as a bench scorer/playmaker, then gets traded to a contender and has 3 months to adjust Lebron-ball. It's a tough predicament for any player and I don't blame him.

I thought he was figuring out the nuances of team ball when he was here, albeit very slowly. Despite reverting to iso-mode at times, he had games where he demonstrated he could be an important player for us down the road. That he accepted a bench role and didn't whine/complain about it shows he can be a team guy.

I think he'd be a good fit on the young and upcoming Pacers. They have a more free flowing offense, but no legitimate scorers other than Oladipo.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:49 am    Post subject:

We really sold high on these two.

Nance was my favorite player on the team but I am over it. The one knock on him was that his activity level was inconsistent. Not his effort, but his activity. There were games where it seemed like he was in 3 places at once on defense, and then some games you forgot he was on the floor even if he was giving effort. That's the same thing I'm seeing in Cleveland. Plus no J.

I gave up on JC while he was still a Laker. Kept hoping he'd get some of his rookie mojo back, when he played so well as a combo guard and was an understudy of Steve Nash. I think guys like Lou Will, DLo, and Nick Young changed his approach to the game. Now he looks even worse with Cleveland. He needs to seriously recalibrate what kind of player he wants to become this summer. Do some soul searching.

The trade keeps looking better everyday.
RCS926
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:07 am    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
We really sold high on these two.

Nance was my favorite player on the team but I am over it. The one knock on him was that his activity level was inconsistent. Not his effort, but his activity. There were games where it seemed like he was in 3 places at once on defense, and then some games you forgot he was on the floor even if he was giving effort. That's the same thing I'm seeing in Cleveland. Plus no J.

I gave up on JC while he was still a Laker. Kept hoping he'd get some of his rookie mojo back, when he played so well as a combo guard and was an understudy of Steve Nash. I think guys like Lou Will, DLo, and Nick Young changed his approach to the game. Now he looks even worse with Cleveland. He needs to seriously recalibrate what kind of player he wants to become this summer. Do some soul searching.

The trade keeps looking better everyday.

Regarding Nance, he has always been solid, and although he does a lot of little things, he tends to disappear a lot as well. Among our 3 young power forwards, he was easily the worst, which is why it was maddening that Luke decided to start him ahead of Randle and Kuz.

JC never built upon the success of his rookie season. I blame Byron for converting him into a scoring guard after he showed so much promise as a combo guard. I don't think it's a coincidence that we saw better play from him this last season with Luke allowing him to play more of a combo guard role. Of course, without Nash's guidance, we saw JC struggle at times to make the correct reads.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:58 am    Post subject:

Did we miss something with Nance's personality? He seemed very friendly, welcoming to fans and new teammates, answered lots of team questions, apologetic when dunking over Lopez and West, answered twitter questions, told fans they can always approach him, great with the media. After leaving the Lakers, he ignores a little kid for an autograph, was short with the LA media, seems to be emotionally frustrated on the court, etc.

Basically, was Nance's personality to Lakers media more for show than anything else? Or did the trade do something to him mentally and emotionally that he wasn't quite prepared for. At least he's playing worlds better than Clarkson, who's been looking like a scrub out there.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:03 am    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
Did we miss something with Nance's personality? He seemed very friendly, welcoming to fans and new teammates, answered lots of team questions, apologetic when dunking over Lopez and West, answered twitter questions, told fans they can always approach him, great with the media. After leaving the Lakers, he ignores a little kid for an autograph, was short with the LA media, seems to be emotionally frustrated on the court, etc.

Basically, was Nance's personality to Lakers media more for show than anything else? Or did the trade do something to him mentally and emotionally that he wasn't quite prepared for. At least he's playing worlds better than Clarkson, who's been looking like a scrub out there.

part of it show part of it disfunctional cleveland
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:20 am    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
h2omike wrote:

Love's going to be 30 years old in September. Can't see a high lottery team trading for him. Not a no. 7 pick anyways.

Clippers? I can see that, trading no. 12 or no. 13. Love, DeAndre Jordan, and Tobias Harris; that's a good front line.

Love has a pretty good contract. 2 years $50 mil.
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:34 am    Post subject:

Love on the Clippers, coming back home to So-Cal, yeah I could see that. Cavs getting picks 12 and 13, I doubt they are going to get a better deal.

Love to the Lakers? For Deng and 2 first rounders, if Cavs are in full tank mode and restocking roster, yeah good idea. Sort of a symmetry too, Deng going to Heat to replace LeBron, Deng going to the Land to replace Lebron...

For us though, I think it would require both striking out on Lebron (and he goes to Philly or Houston), AND losing out on Randle if someone offers him $20 million plus, and we choose not to match due to salary or still waiting on out top tier targets.
Black Sheep
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:46 am    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

Show

Remember the dude did call Kobe a rapist. He's that type of person.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:04 am    Post subject: Re: Cavs guard Jordan Clarkson splashes out $3.2 million for Woodland Hills home

K2 wrote:
55 wrote:
jakec21 wrote:
What about Jordan? Is he coming back to the Lakers after purchasing a home in LA.

http://www.latimes.com/business/realestate/hot-property/la-fi-hotprop-jordan-clarkson-woodland-hills-home-20180605-story.html

He's not coming back but he will be living here in the offseason.
He was house shopping before he got traded and continued even after the trade.

His team should've made a better effort to acquire a house with a basketball court, he could really use some extra practice in the off-season.

Had his manager manager not played games with me, I wouldn’t have kicked him out of escrow, and he would’ve had the basketball court.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:42 am    Post subject:

Black Sheep wrote:
Chronicle wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

Show

Remember the dude did call Kobe a rapist. He's that type of person.

Right, I'm sure you never said anything stupid when you were a teenager either, like ever.

What's ironic is that the guy he said it about clearly understood that he was a kid at the time and didn't hold it against him at all, yet you’re using it to completely define his character Get outta here, man.
Pidge
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:31 am    Post subject:

€H£M£$TR¥ wrote:

Yeah we could do with a bit more depth at PF.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:34 am    Post subject:

Pidge wrote:
€H£M£$TR¥ wrote:

Yeah we could do with a bit more depth at PF.

So the final trade was:

Nance, Clarkson, Deng ==> Kevin Love
kobe_luver
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:45 am    Post subject:

Am I the only one that is bothered seeing the incorrect # for Nance in the thread title after all this time? If the OP can't change it can't a mod? It was rumored he was going to use a Kobe # but the Cavs allowed him to use his dad's retired number....which he's been using since being traded there.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 26, 27, 28  Next
Page 27 of 28
Jump to: