ISAIAH THOMAS Official Thread (Shams: Lakers plan to sign 10-Day)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 53, 54, 55 ... 100, 101, 102  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:02 am    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
adkindo wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
adkindo wrote:
HumanVictoryCigar wrote:
I figured people would be taking shots at IT after last night's game. Nobody says anything about Lopez hurling 3 point bricks all game or Julius getting the ball stripped in the 4th or the fact that we're so thin with BI and Hart out we had to play Ennis, nope, we lost because of IT...

the Ennis crap is such a weak cop out...guy played 6 minutes, did not shoot the ball and had 2 assists....was a -5.....he basically did not help or hurt the team by any material degree. Same game thread bs....pick someone to hate on in an attempt to deflect criticism from the selected favorite players.

IT really killed us but Ennis was horrible yesterday too. Stats aside(which aren’t good anyways, -5 in 6 min is really bad), he was a huge detriment even if it was only 6 min. He can’t even stop the guy he’s guarding from getting a wide open 15 footer. I’ve defended Ennis before but last night I was a bad game ever for a bad player like him.

100% disagree....it is silly to say he was a huge detriment to the overall game when he only played 6 minutes....I do not even think he played in the 4th quarter.

In those 6 min, he was a huge detriment. Arguing that is what’s silly.

You know someone is catastrophically bad if they get cut down from 12 to 6 minutes when the team is short handed and no one is hitting their shots.
Mamba Mentality
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:07 am    Post subject:

^^^ There's no way we're possibly blaming Ennis for last night's loss are we? IT turned it over a few times in the 4th, KCP took some ill-advised shots late in the game, and it took an amazing performance from Dame $ to beat us. Ennis wasn't the reason.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:09 am    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
adkindo wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
adkindo wrote:
HumanVictoryCigar wrote:
I figured people would be taking shots at IT after last night's game. Nobody says anything about Lopez hurling 3 point bricks all game or Julius getting the ball stripped in the 4th or the fact that we're so thin with BI and Hart out we had to play Ennis, nope, we lost because of IT...

the Ennis crap is such a weak cop out...guy played 6 minutes, did not shoot the ball and had 2 assists....was a -5.....he basically did not help or hurt the team by any material degree. Same game thread bs....pick someone to hate on in an attempt to deflect criticism from the selected favorite players.

IT really killed us but Ennis was horrible yesterday too. Stats aside(which aren’t good anyways, -5 in 6 min is really bad), he was a huge detriment even if it was only 6 min. He can’t even stop the guy he’s guarding from getting a wide open 15 footer. I’ve defended Ennis before but last night I was a bad game ever for a bad player like him.

100% disagree....it is silly to say he was a huge detriment to the overall game when he only played 6 minutes....I do not even think he played in the 4th quarter.

In those 6 min, he was a huge detriment. Arguing that is what’s silly.

LakesGnrLake
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:10 am    Post subject:

Im not sure if it is because IT is short or Nurkic is a good rim defender or both. but there were a few times were Thomas would get to the middle of the paint or right around the free throw line and just pick up his dribble and male a tough pass. There were at least 4 times were if he did a floater or pulled up I think he could have gotten an easy shot.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:14 am    Post subject:

LakesGnrLake wrote:
Im not sure if it is because IT is short or Nurkic is a good rim defender or both. but there were a few times were Thomas would get to the middle of the paint or right around the free throw line and just pick up his dribble and male a tough pass. There were at least 4 times were if he did a floater or pulled up I think he could have gotten an easy shot.

he actually was fortunate on several of those plays last night and a teammate bailed him out by knocking down the shot giving him an assist.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:15 am    Post subject:

Mamba Mentality wrote:
^^^ There's no way we're possibly blaming Ennis for last night's loss are we? IT turned it over a few times in the 4th, KCP took some ill-advised shots late in the game, and it took an amazing performance from Dame $ to beat us. Ennis wasn't the reason.

IT was the primary reason for the loss... if you want the glory... you got to take the heat when you don't come through.

However, the point remains that Ennis was such a catastrophe in the last two games that we cut his minutes from 12 to 6 even though we were short handed... because he was that ineffective.

IT shooting less than 25% is the number one cause... Lonzo not playing more aggressive D against Lillard in the last few minutes when foul trouble was no longer relevant was the second cause... and Kuzma and Zu's generally clumsy and ineffective play was the third cause imo.

But Ennis being such a huge downgrade on Hart that you can't even play him is no small factor.

Last edited by Sentient Meat on Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:16 am; edited 1 time in total
LakesGnrLake
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:16 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
LakesGnrLake wrote:

he actually was fortunate on several of those plays last night and a teammate bailed him out by knocking down the shot giving him an assist.

A couple of them were good results no doubt. Just seemed to me he was picking up his dribble a bit much
iimarshon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:18 am    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
Mamba Mentality wrote:

IT was the primary reason for the loss... if you want the glory... you got to take the heat when you don't come through.

However, the point remains that Ennis was such a catastrophe in the last two games that we cut his minutes from 12 to 6 even though we were short handed... because he was that ineffective.

IT shooting less than 25% is the number one cause... Lonzo not playing more aggressive D against Lillard in the last few minutes when foul trouble was no longer relevant was the second cause... and Kuzma and Zu's generally clumsy and ineffective play was the third cause imo.

But Ennis being such a huge downgrade on Hart that you can't even play him is no small factor.

No. But seriously why the (bleep) do we ever play Ennis.. lol
Mamba Mentality
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:20 am    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
Mamba Mentality wrote:

When you put it that way, yes, Ennis is totally useless out there and he doesn't contribute anything to the team. In that sense, yeah he is a detriment. But I wouldn't go as far as to say that he was a contributing factor for the loss against Portland because he only played 6 minutes. That's what I'm saying.
kobe_luver
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

laker50 wrote:
If the Celtics and Cavs don't want him why should the Lakers?

We don't want to take their leftovers.

The Celtics traded IT because they had a chance to get Irving...not because they didn't want him.
Mamba Mentality
Star Player
Star Player

iimarshon wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
Mamba Mentality wrote:

No. But seriously why the (bleep) do we ever play Ennis.. lol

I have no clue. I'd rather have B. Shaw suit up.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:25 am    Post subject:

Mamba Mentality wrote:

No. Just pointing out that he was terrible when he was in there. Lonzo should’ve been more aggressive offensively when they were struggling and on the boards for the whole game. KCP took some bad shots but him and Lonzo did the best job on Lillard and Mccolum IMO and his job is to shoot so I give him a pass. We got IT to close out games like that and he didn’t get the job done. All in all, not having Ingram and Hart, and IT and Lonzo not playing well were the reasons we lost. And the refs... they were really (bleep) bad yesterday.

Last edited by BigGameHames on Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:25 am    Post subject:

Mamba Mentality wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
Mamba Mentality wrote:

When you put it that way, yes, Ennis is totally useless out there and he doesn't contribute anything to the team. In that sense, yeah he is a detriment. But I wouldn't go as far as to say that he was a contributing factor for the loss against Portland because he only played 6 minutes. That's what I'm saying.

Yeah what you said made sense... I was only commenting that the original poster meant that the combination of BI and Hart not playing with Ennis playing was the reason we lost... not that Ennis did anything specifically... it was more about his inability to fill the void like a competent NBA player.

He's like a middle inning relief pitcher who keeps coming in and giving up a home run and then leaving after one at bat. Sure he's not the cause but he's often the catalyst for bad things.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:27 am    Post subject:

kobe_luver wrote:
laker50 wrote:

The Celtics traded IT because they had a chance to get Irving...not because they didn't want him.

maybe...maybe not...maybe a little of both....I am not claiming I know one way or the other, but there were reports after he exited Boston that not all of his teammates were fans, and the FO knew there was some smoke in the locker room. Again, maybe those reports (I think Chris Broussard was one of the guys reporting) were total bs, but not sure anyone would be shocked if they were true.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:29 am    Post subject:

Mamba Mentality wrote:

this was exactly what I was saying....I was in no way "defending" Ennis....or trying to persuade anyone to have positive thoughts about Ennis....but he basically was irrelevant to the outcome last night.
Mamba Mentality
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:32 am    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
Mamba Mentality wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
Mamba Mentality wrote:

Yeah what you said made sense... I was only commenting that the original poster meant that the combination of BI and Hart not playing with Ennis playing was the reason we lost... not that Ennis did anything specifically... it was more about his inability to fill the void like a competent NBA player.

He's like a middle inning relief pitcher who keeps coming in and giving up a home run and then leaving after one at bat. Sure he's not the cause but he's often the catalyst for bad things.

Yeah true that
BizLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:34 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
kobe_luver wrote:
laker50 wrote:

maybe...maybe not...maybe a little of both....I am not claiming I know one way or the other, but there were reports after he exited Boston that not all of his teammates were fans, and the FO knew there was some smoke in the locker room. Again, maybe those reports (I think Chris Broussard was one of the guys reporting) were total bs, but not sure anyone would be shocked if they were true.

He’s an (bleep). You can see it in his body language
Mamba Mentality
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:38 am    Post subject:

BizLA wrote:
adkindo wrote:
kobe_luver wrote:
laker50 wrote:

Not that it makes it right, but I think a lot of it stems from "small dog" syndrome. Dude is 5'10''
Mamba Mentality
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:38 am    Post subject:

BizLA wrote:
adkindo wrote:
kobe_luver wrote:
laker50 wrote:

Not that it makes it right, but I think a lot of it stems from "small dog" syndrome. Dude is 5'10''
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:39 am    Post subject:

5'10? Probably more like 5'8, maybe 5'9 (which is incredible).
Mamba Mentality
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:40 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

You're right, his listed height is 5'9''
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:42 am    Post subject:

Mamba Mentality wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

That's probably exaggerating too.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:46 am    Post subject:

I've been a big supporter of IT on this board and I'll admit he seems arrogant and can see how he'd rub people the wrong way. But then I see all the crap directed at him on Twitter even by fans of his own team and I can see how he'd become angry and bitter.

Imagine thousands of people on social media and the stands telling you every day that you have no business playing, even though you are more skilled than 95% of the players in the league.

It's true that he made the decision to try to excel in a tall man's sport... which is in a way like a deaf person trying to become a singer... but I get why he has a chip on his shoulder. If he didn't... he'd never have lasted this long.

I'm fine with him being prickly as long as it isn't bringing the team down... If I see that, I'm out in terms of supporting him. But in the same way I wanted Rondo or Boogie, I'll take the chance if the skills are better and I don't see proof that the player is causing damage. Jordan and Kobe were assh*les too remember... Isaiah isn't at their level but many great players are unpleasant.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:47 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Mamba Mentality wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

His combine height was 5 8.75 without shoes.

Last edited by Sentient Meat on Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Mamba Mentality
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:47 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Mamba Mentality wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

As a 6' man even with good athletic ability, it was challenging for me to play HS Varsity ball against some of the other taller players. I can only imagine at the NBA level. You kind of need that dog in you to survive.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 53, 54, 55 ... 100, 101, 102  Next
Page 54 of 102
Jump to: