ISAIAH THOMAS Official Thread (Shams: Lakers plan to sign 10-Day)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 100, 101, 102  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:31 am    Post subject:

I think we're best off using IT in the role we used JC, but I'm going to keep an open mind on this as we watch more games. Looking at his statistical history and watching his first Laker game, IT is much different than JC, a bigger liability on defense, but he looks to be far better at torching a scoreboard as well. Which is saying a lot, because JC could score. This makes it even more important that Luke take his lineups seriously, because his Dallas lineup looked like a wild guess gone wrong.

Gotta admit it - this makes for interesting basketball. I'm really looking forward to seeing how Luke uses IT in today's game, how he manages minutes, who he puts beside IT when he's on the floor, and what unit he has close the game. Does IT explode? Can we learn to funnel players effectively, and can we switch IT off of a hot outside shooter? If we're ahead in the final minutes, do we go with 5 lock down defenders and rely on Ingram/Randle/Hart to bring it home? If we're behind late do we compliment IT with defenders and put on a fireworks display? He's had a couple days now to chart this out. I believe it's an interesting challenge for Luke, with significant upside and downside.
lakerican
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:44 am    Post subject:

I think if we are ahead, he will be closing games. You need a 90% FT player with good handles in those situations.
RoyalPurple8
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:44 am    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
RoyalPurple8 wrote:
Car54 wrote:
Bol wrote:
People getting attached to this guy are setting themselves up for disappointment. He doesn't fit at all with the ball movement + defense philosophy the organization is pushing. Again, there's a reason why Magic and Rob talked so much about the flexibility the trade brought and hardly talked at all about what IT could do.

They don't have to mention him they could have sent him home but instead he's playing because they want to take a look at him. Sure Lebron is the target but if he doesn't come they will at least give IT an one year deal as long as he's not a disaster. To be honest I would like to keep him if he can avg 25ppg and we can win some games. I think having an Allstar already in place helps with getting PG to come.

Nobody really wants to play with IT imo. If he can lead us to the playoffs I think PG can look at that and say: If this guy can lead us to the playoffs he can. That is best case scenerio. I think we would have to promise George that he would be gone after next season. Its a dangerous game imo. I understand though, you only have so many options.

Based on what? Two off seasons in a row the Celtics got top freeagents and Durant even listened to their pitch. Stop the nonsense

And Aldridge, Melo listened to our pitch when we had nothing. That doesnt mean a whole lot.
RoyalPurple8
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:47 am    Post subject:

OCWA wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:
I get that he's a bad defender, and that he hasn't been healthy yet this year. But just for frame of reference, this was the LEAGUE MVP voting order last season:

1. Westbrook
2. Harden
3. Kawhi
4. LeBron
5. Thomas
6. Curry
7. Giannis
8. Wall
9. Davis
10. Durant

Thomas' rep was probably overinflated last year just like it's underrated this year. But just let the names after his on that list sink in.

5 teams in 7 years. There is a reason for that. I blasted Jim Buss for passing on him 4 times in the second round, but IT's huge ego coupled with being a HUGE defensive liability is the reason teams don't want him.

Steve Nash won two MVPs over Kobe. I never wanted Nash, great team player, horrible defensive liability. Never won a thing.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:51 am    Post subject:

lakerican wrote:
I think if we are ahead, he will be closing games. You need a 90% FT player with good handles in those situations.

Yep. I agree.
Who from our team (pre-tradeline) did we trust to have the ball in their hands to get fouled? Yikes, it was scary.
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:52 am    Post subject:

RoyalPurple8 wrote:
OCWA wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:
I get that he's a bad defender, and that he hasn't been healthy yet this year. But just for frame of reference, this was the LEAGUE MVP voting order last season:

1. Westbrook
2. Harden
3. Kawhi
4. LeBron
5. Thomas
6. Curry
7. Giannis
8. Wall
9. Davis
10. Durant

Thomas' rep was probably overinflated last year just like it's underrated this year. But just let the names after his on that list sink in.

5 teams in 7 years. There is a reason for that. I blasted Jim Buss for passing on him 4 times in the second round, but IT's huge ego coupled with being a HUGE defensive liability is the reason teams don't want him.

Steve Nash won two MVPs over Kobe. I never wanted Nash, great team player, horrible defensive liability. Never won a thing.

Nash was crazy in his prime, he was the Steph/Paul of his generation. If he started his career with the Lakers or todays Warriors I bet he would have plenty of rings. Not saying he was as good as Kobe but who is

Last edited by Lucky_Shot on Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:04 am; edited 1 time in total
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:54 am    Post subject:

Say IT can get back to his last yr form, dropping 26-28 ppg... can this work with our team? Who’s touches is he taking away from, I assume Hart and maybe Lonzo?
RoyalPurple8
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:03 am    Post subject:

Lucky_Shot wrote:
RoyalPurple8 wrote:
OCWA wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:

1. Westbrook
2. Harden
3. Kawhi
4. LeBron
5. Thomas
6. Curry
7. Giannis
8. Wall
9. Davis
10. Durant

Nash was crazy in his prime, he was the Steph/Paul of his generation. If he started his career with the Lakers or todays Warriors I bet he would have plenty of rings.

I would of put his max championship potential at about 1 chip. And that is playing with a team specifically built around him. Similar to Dirk.
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:09 am    Post subject:

RoyalPurple8 wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
RoyalPurple8 wrote:
OCWA wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:

1. Westbrook
2. Harden
3. Kawhi
4. LeBron
5. Thomas
6. Curry
7. Giannis
8. Wall
9. Davis
10. Durant

Nash was crazy in his prime, he was the Steph/Paul of his generation. If he started his career with the Lakers or todays Warriors I bet he would have plenty of rings.

I would of put his max championship potential at about 1 chip. And that is playing with a team specifically built around him. Similar to Dirk.

Your saying Nash/Shaq only gets one ring? Or that you replace Curry with Nash and you only get one ring?

I watched so many Suns games and he was crushing everyone in the NBA, you're underrated him so bad. He wasn't Kobe but damn he was good
RoyalPurple8
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:12 am    Post subject:

Lucky_Shot wrote:
RoyalPurple8 wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
RoyalPurple8 wrote:
OCWA wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:

1. Westbrook
2. Harden
3. Kawhi
4. LeBron
5. Thomas
6. Curry
7. Giannis
8. Wall
9. Davis
10. Durant

Your saying Nash/Shaq only gets one ring? Or that you replace Curry with Nash and you only get one ring?

I watched so many Suns games and he was crushing everyone in the NBA, you're underrated him so bad. He wasn't Kobe but damn he was good

Yes, Nash is not as versatile as Wade or Kobe. Shaq needed great defensive side kicks to win, everytime.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:12 am    Post subject:

RoyalPurple8 wrote:
Car54 wrote:
RoyalPurple8 wrote:
Car54 wrote:
Bol wrote:
People getting attached to this guy are setting themselves up for disappointment. He doesn't fit at all with the ball movement + defense philosophy the organization is pushing. Again, there's a reason why Magic and Rob talked so much about the flexibility the trade brought and hardly talked at all about what IT could do.

They don't have to mention him they could have sent him home but instead he's playing because they want to take a look at him. Sure Lebron is the target but if he doesn't come they will at least give IT an one year deal as long as he's not a disaster. To be honest I would like to keep him if he can avg 25ppg and we can win some games. I think having an Allstar already in place helps with getting PG to come.

Nobody really wants to play with IT imo. If he can lead us to the playoffs I think PG can look at that and say: If this guy can lead us to the playoffs he can. That is best case scenerio. I think we would have to promise George that he would be gone after next season. Its a dangerous game imo. I understand though, you only have so many options.

Based on what? Two off seasons in a row the Celtics got top freeagents and Durant even listened to their pitch. Stop the nonsense

And Aldridge, Melo listened to our pitch when we had nothing. That doesnt mean a whole lot.

Out of respect but no one signed they got two free agents at the top of they're free agencies with him as the best player. So with that said your opinion is (bleep)
RoyalPurple8
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:14 am    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
RoyalPurple8 wrote:
Car54 wrote:
RoyalPurple8 wrote:
Car54 wrote:
Bol wrote:

Out of respect but no one signed they got two free agents at the top of they're free agencies with him as the best player. So with that said your opinion is (bleep)

Volatile as hell arent we?

I hope it works out with IT, I just think it is a short term thing, and not a long term thing. He has a bad hip, and will be 30 next year as well.
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:17 am    Post subject:

RoyalPurple8 wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
RoyalPurple8 wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
RoyalPurple8 wrote:
OCWA wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:

1. Westbrook
2. Harden
3. Kawhi
4. LeBron
5. Thomas
6. Curry
7. Giannis
8. Wall
9. Davis
10. Durant

Yes, Nash is not as versatile as Wade or Kobe. Shaq needed great defensive side kicks to win, everytime.

Nash KD Klay AI Green would tear this league up and the way the game is played today it would favor his playing style even more. That team easily gets three rings

Last edited by Lucky_Shot on Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:25 am; edited 1 time in total
RoyalPurple8
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:25 am    Post subject:

Lucky_Shot wrote:
RoyalPurple8 wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
RoyalPurple8 wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
RoyalPurple8 wrote:
OCWA wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:

1. Westbrook
2. Harden
3. Kawhi
4. LeBron
5. Thomas
6. Curry
7. Giannis
8. Wall
9. Davis
10. Durant

Nash KD Klay AI Green would tear this league up and the way the game is played today it would favor his playing style even more.

And KD, Klay, Green, Iggy, Livingston all great defensively, so yea. If it is unfair, like the Warriors then yea. Warriors are not the rule.

For the record, I had absolutely hated when we traded for him. I wanted Kyle Lowery. That would have worked better: Lowery, Kobe, Howard, trade Gasol for a wing.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:29 am    Post subject:

RoyalPurple8 wrote:
Car54 wrote:
RoyalPurple8 wrote:
Car54 wrote:
RoyalPurple8 wrote:
Car54 wrote:
Bol wrote:

I hope it works out with IT, I just think it is a short term thing, and not a long term thing. He has a bad hip, and will be 30 next year as well.

Lol Of course he's short term and that's why I don't get all the hate. He would have to play out of his mind to become part of our future plans.
RoyalPurple8
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:31 am    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
RoyalPurple8 wrote:
Car54 wrote:
RoyalPurple8 wrote:
Car54 wrote:
RoyalPurple8 wrote:
Car54 wrote:
Bol wrote:

Lol Of course he's short term and that's why I don't get all the hate. He would have to play out of his mind to become part of our future plans.

I can ride with that. I hope the little dude leads us on a tear the rest of the year. I do not think that is impossible, he is capable.
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:37 am    Post subject:

RoyalPurple8 wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
RoyalPurple8 wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
RoyalPurple8 wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
RoyalPurple8 wrote:

Nash KD Klay AI Green would tear this league up and the way the game is played today it would favor his playing style even more.

And KD, Klay, Green, Iggy, Livingston all great defensively, so yea. If it is unfair, like the Warriors then yea. Warriors are not the rule.

For the record, I had absolutely hated when we traded for him. I wanted Kyle Lowery. That would have worked better: Lowery, Kobe, Howard, trade Gasol for a wing.

We traded for a extremely old Nash I didn't like the trade either.

Prime Nash was a top 10 player of his generation even without being great at defense you don't have to agree but he was.

I'm not saying IT is Nash and I'm not saying Nash was as good as Kobe.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:08 am    Post subject:

Can we talk about that touch past IT made from Kuz to Brewer? Was that sick or was that sick?
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:12 am    Post subject:

RoyalPurple8 wrote:
Car54 wrote:
RoyalPurple8 wrote:
Car54 wrote:
RoyalPurple8 wrote:
Car54 wrote:
RoyalPurple8 wrote:
Car54 wrote:
Bol wrote:

I can ride with that. I hope the little dude leads us on a tear the rest of the year. I do not think that is impossible, he is capable.

I just want enough wins for Lebron and PG to take us serious. I really want PG paired with Ingram. I can do without Lebron but I want PG here. Oh yea I apologize for speech
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:13 am    Post subject:

From Tim
https://www.patreon.com/posts/my-ideal-lakers-16944491?utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter&utm_campaign=postshare

Quote:
With the additions recently made via trade and Lonzo returning post ASG, this is the rotation I hope to see at that point:
PG: Thomas (30) | Lonzo (18)

SG: Lonzo (14) | KCP (25) | Hart (9)

SF: Ingram (31) | Hart (17)

PF: Randle (21) | Kuzma (27)

C: Lopez (26) | Frye (12) | Randle (10)

I'm rocking with that lineup as well.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:13 am    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
Can we talk about that touch past IT made from Kuz to Brewer? Was that sick or was that sick?

Indeed
OCWA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:16 am    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
OCWA wrote:
Car54 wrote:
OCWA wrote:
Car54 wrote:
OCWA wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:

1. Westbrook
2. Harden
3. Kawhi
4. LeBron
5. Thomas
6. Curry
7. Giannis
8. Wall
9. Davis
10. Durant

Stop it you know what teams he played for and Boston would have kept him if not for the injury and Kyrie Trade. It was reported that the vet who messed up the locker room was Wade not IT

Stop what? Giving my opinion? Nah..I think I'll continue to give it. That's what we are all here for, right?

You're opinion is based on nothing. You see you responded but failed to say why no one wants to play with him. It's based on hate no facts or anything. So is it really an opinion when it's based on nothing?

Fact: 5 teams in 7 years. Fact: Defensive liability. Fact: IT's huge ego. Fact: I blasted Jim Buss for not drafting IT.

It is my opinion that some of the facts above are the reason teams keep letting him go. My opinion could be wrong, it could be right, but I have offered facts that I think support my opinion.

Your Opinion is wrong end of the story. Lol@ Huge Ego welcome to the NBA

That is a pretty well thought out rebuttal. I will need more time to delve into the intricacies of such a nuanced response.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:29 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
From Tim
https://www.patreon.com/posts/my-ideal-lakers-16944491?utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter&utm_campaign=postshare

Quote:
With the additions recently made via trade and Lonzo returning post ASG, this is the rotation I hope to see at that point:

Not trying to overrate our guys but that Lineup reminds me of the warriors.

IT being used like Steph weak defender who can light you up from 3
Lonzo defensive Guard who can knock down 3s
Ingram we all seen the KD comparisons
Randle like Draymond great rebounder and can switch on defense to any position. Decent passer
Lopez a big body to take up space not used much on the offensive side. Except Lopez can drain 3s
€H£M£$TR¥
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:31 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Say IT can get back to his last yr form, dropping 26-28 ppg... can this work with our team? Who’s touches is he taking away from, I assume Hart and maybe Lonzo?

If IT is back to last years form, I think our players need to watch some GreenTeam film, and acclimate.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:33 am    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
epak wrote:
From Tim

Quote:

Not trying to overrate our guys but that Lineup reminds me of the warriors.

IT being used like Steph weak defender who can light you up from 3
Lonzo defensive Guard who can knock down 3s
Ingram we all seen the KD comparisons
Randle like Draymond great rebounder and can switch on defense to any position. Decent passer
Lopez a big body to take up space not used much on the offensive side. Except Lopez can drain 3s

Steph is pretty decent as a defender, imo.
Actually, with the comparisons you made, just ignoring offense, I'd say every one of the warriors in the one-to-one comparison are better defenders at their position than each of the Lakers.

Then you add in the offense... woo wee.
But I see where you're going with that. The great thing is, our young guys can still improve. And IT can improve with health. Brook is already better than their center though
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 100, 101, 102  Next
Page 34 of 102
Jump to: