ISAIAH THOMAS Official Thread (Shams: Lakers plan to sign 10-Day)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 38, 39, 40 ... 100, 101, 102  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Black Sheep
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:38 am    Post subject:

IT is basically an older Allen iverson right now. Attitude and all. Playing pretty selfishly and not in the flow of the offense.

The thing I liked that Clarkson improved this year, was playing within the flow of the offense. IT just says fk it and drives to the lane and either throws up a crazy shot, shoots contested threes, or tries to bail out with a late pass.

Move the ball IT.

Last edited by Black Sheep on Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:40 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote
Lakessss
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:40 am    Post subject:

Put your tin foil hats on people, I think I've figured out the case with Isaiah Thomas!

Let's state the obvious. Isaiah Thomas is going to be a free agent in 2018. With this in mind, one must be suspicious of the events following this year's season for Isaiah. From being traded to the cavs, from a notable competitor and rival, the Celtics. It just seems odd that while the Cavaliers were playing without IT they were doing great, going on streaks, breaking records, but the moment IT gets introduced to the game, they suddenly become unbearable to watch? Going on unimaginable losing streaks and losing to the worst teams in the league? What if Isaiah was merely sent to Cleveland as a way to defeat them from within? The Celtics have been coming last to Cleveland for years now, and with desperation through the years of falling so short of reaching the finals due to the Cavs and Lebron's domination of the East, they came to a point where bringing down their rivals from within through self dismantling is justifiable.

How would two players be able to bring down a whole franchise? Simple really. With Isaiah and Jae Crowder in the Cavaliers starting lineup, throwing games and causing locker room dissension, the media begins to feed into the narrative that the Cavaliers and Lebron specifically are in no way shape or form making it to the Finals this year, thus putting pressure on Lebron and his finals record. We all know Lebron's main goal at the moment is to win more rings, and if the Cavs won't be able to assist with his goal, Lebron James who as Isaiah Thomas, will be a free agent in 2018 is forced to leave the East in favor of a Western powerhouse in order to compete for rings again, leaving the East in perfect opportunity to capture by the Celtics now that the person who has denied any final appearance for the Celtics for the last 7 years is now gone.

The plan on paper was perfect. Remove the Cavs from title contention this year, allow the Celtics to push through to the finals this year, while simultaneously driving Lebron out of town, and with Isaiah signing back to the Celtics the next offseason and joining the likes of Kyrie, Horford and a healed Gordon Hayward, the Celtics are looking at a franchise rebuild and a possible making of another dynasty.

The Celtics plan hits a bump in the road when Isaiah and Jae Crowder are traded out of the Cavs prior to the Trade Deadline while providing Cleveland with several role players who bring a new life to the old Cavs while also being able to maintain their Brooklyn Nets Pick, with basically a new, hungrier team, Lebron might once again make it to the Finals with chances of winning, while also having reason to stay due to the draft pick which will make the Cavs even better.

Now with Isaiah Thomas in the Lakers, a team who the Celtics possess their draft pick. A final chance of contention depends on the Lakers doing poorly in order to gain a valuable draft pick the following season. This brings Isaiah to a point where he has to purposefully throw the games for the Lakers in order to increase the value of the Celtics pick and have one last chance at bringing the Celtics to former glory.

Expect Isaiah to play terrible, but not in a way where it is too obvious, in order not to get benched for the entire season. You'll see him playing well a few games throughout the rest of the season as a way of showing the critics that he is simply still recovering from his injury and is still in the process of '' getting his legs back ''. Ultimately, throwing the Lakers from possible playoff appearance this season. ( They were 8-2 prior to IT arriving and now they're 0-3 ).

Good luck Lakers.
Hydro21
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:43 am    Post subject:

Damn bro you wrote novel for this conspiracy theory .

Last edited by Hydro21 on Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Black Sheep
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:44 am    Post subject:

Lakessss wrote:
Put your tin foil hats on people, I think I've figured out the case with Isaiah Thomas!

Let's state the obvious. Isaiah Thomas is going to be a free agent in 2018. With this in mind, one must be suspicious of the events following this year's season for Isaiah. From being traded to the cavs, from a notable competitor and rival, the Celtics. It just seems odd that while the Cavaliers were playing without IT they were doing great, going on streaks, breaking records, but the moment IT gets introduced to the game, they suddenly become unbearable to watch? Going on unimaginable losing streaks and losing to the worst teams in the league? What if Isaiah was merely sent to Cleveland as a way to defeat them from within? The Celtics have been coming last to Cleveland for years now, and with desperation through the years of falling so short of reaching the finals due to the Cavs and Lebron's domination of the East, they came to a point where bringing down their rivals from within through self dismantling is justifiable.

How would two players be able to bring down a whole franchise? Simple really. With Isaiah and Jae Crowder in the Cavaliers starting lineup, throwing games and causing locker room dissension, the media begins to feed into the narrative that the Cavaliers and Lebron specifically are in no way shape or form making it to the Finals this year, thus putting pressure on Lebron and his finals record. We all know Lebron's main goal at the moment is to win more rings, and if the Cavs won't be able to assist with his goal, Lebron James who as Isaiah Thomas, will be a free agent in 2018 is forced to leave the East in favor of a Western powerhouse in order to compete for rings again, leaving the East in perfect opportunity to capture by the Celtics now that the person who has denied any final appearance for the Celtics for the last 7 years is now gone.

The plan on paper was perfect. Remove the Cavs from title contention this year, allow the Celtics to push through to the finals this year, while simultaneously driving Lebron out of town, and with Isaiah signing back to the Celtics the next offseason and joining the likes of Kyrie, Horford and a healed Gordon Hayward, the Celtics are looking at a franchise rebuild and a possible making of another dynasty.

The Celtics plan hits a bump in the road when Isaiah and Jae Crowder are traded out of the Cavs prior to the Trade Deadline while providing Cleveland with several role players who bring a new life to the old Cavs while also being able to maintain their Brooklyn Nets Pick, with basically a new, hungrier team, Lebron might once again make it to the Finals with chances of winning, while also having reason to stay due to the draft pick which will make the Cavs even better.

Now with Isaiah Thomas in the Lakers, a team who The Celtics possess their draft pick. A final chance of contention depends on the Lakers doing poorly in order to gain a valuable draft pick the following season. This brings Isaiah to a point where he has to purposefully throw the games for the Lakers in order to increase the value of the Celtics pick and have one last chance at bringing the Celtics to formal glory.

Expect Isaiah to play terrible, but not in a way where it is too obvious, in order not to get benched for the entire season. You'll see him playing well a few games throughout the rest of the season as a way of showing the critics that he is simply still recovering from his injury and is still in the process of '' getting his legs back ''. Ultimately, throwing the Lakers from possible playoff appearance this season. ( They were 8-2 prior to IT arriving and now they're 0-3 ).

Good luck Lakers.

And how does this in any way benefit Isaiah Thomas and a new contract? Pass me what you're smoking
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote
Lakessss
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:45 am    Post subject:

Black Sheep wrote:

And how does this in any way benefit Isaiah Thomas and a new contract? Pass me what you're smoking

I am high but that's besides the point. Isaiah will just return to Celtics in the offseason through free agency. They know he's tanking the team's he's in in order to help the Celtics.
El Seano
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:50 am    Post subject:

I'm still really rooting for him (as I do any Laker) to turn the corner and show what he's been capable of in the past but I will say that he isn't going to get anywhere near the money he thinks he will in the offseason.

For more than one reason this season has been absolutely calamitous for him. It's crazy how quick a guy can go from a max contract to...whatever he's worth now, maybe the $5-$8mill range. I mean I wouldn't give him the same contract that JC got if he continues on in this vein.

I agree with Black Sheep, old Iverson is a very apt comparison, it's like he's trying to do what he did last season with ease and just can't anymore but as I say I really hope he turns it around, he surprised me with his PnR tonight.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:18 am    Post subject:

Here's the thing.

HE had one good game.

One he didn't get to do anything in

And one bad game where he passed the ball well but shot poorly on a back to back with no legs.

All you "I'M SO FED UP WITH HIM!" crowd, are very obviously overreacting and were ALWAYS looking to jump on him.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:32 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Here's the thing.

HE had one good game.

And one bad game where he passed the ball well but shot poorly on a back to back with no legs.

All you "I'M SO FED UP WITH HIM!" crowd, are very obviously overreacting and were ALWAYS looking to jump on him.

Isaiah didn't play a back to back.
If he's not really good offensively, he's not going to have a positive impact on the court - because he's either a liability or non playmaker in two facets - rebounding/D. Idk if he did tonight I didn't pay attention , but he can't take Hart's minutes. Tonight we did need an offensive playmaker while BI was locked up... but yea. IT will have more non/poor impact games for us, than good impact games. Because his one redeeming facet is iffy right now, and then he's a non factor or bad, in two other facets on the other end
El Seano
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:36 am    Post subject:

TBH I wanna see what he looks like with Lonzo, the current set-up isn't doing him any favors.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:14 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
MJST wrote:
Here's the thing.

HE had one good game.

If he's not really good offensively, he's not going to have a positive impact on the court - because he's either a liability or non playmaker in two facets - rebounding/D. Idk if he did tonight I didn't pay attention , but he can't take Hart's minutes. Tonight we did need an offensive playmaker while BI was locked up... but yea. IT will have more non/poor impact games for us, than good impact games. Because his one redeeming facet is iffy right now, and then he's a non factor or bad, in two other facets on the other end

He's not even playing Hart's position.
Texas_Pete
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:32 am    Post subject:

Lakessss wrote:
Black Sheep wrote:

I am high but that's besides the point. Isaiah will just return to Celtics in the offseason through free agency. They know he's tanking the team's he's in in order to help the Celtics.

KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:32 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
MJST wrote:
Here's the thing.

HE had one good game.

He's not even playing Hart's position.

Ingram has been the 1, so..
and when Zo gets back, Hart and IT will be in direct competition for the next guard spot, with BI at the 3
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:16 am    Post subject:

Man, I thought he looked decent in the first half, sucking the defense in the paint and learning where his teammates were open... 2nd half
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:12 am    Post subject:

Still doesn't have that burst to the rim that made him a stud last year. Also unfamiliar still with his teammates as he's probing and often isn't able to pinpoint pass to his teammates. I'll give it more than 2 games.
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:15 am    Post subject:

I just hope we can end the season under 10 games under .500. That is a my goal for this team. I just don' think Isaiah will help much.
Laker_Town
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:19 am    Post subject:

The team isn't used to him. On various ocassions he would probe , draw the defense and turn to kick out.

Problem was his team were standing around
av3773
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:20 am    Post subject:

I think IT will be fine, he's a diminished (due to injury) and rusty player (long lay off) on a new team mid season. He's never going to be Boston IT, but he'll have some good games off and on.

Lakers have to get back to playing defense, especially the 1st unit
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:49 am    Post subject:

Black Sheep wrote:
IT is basically an older Allen iverson right now. Attitude and all. Playing pretty selfishly and not in the flow of the offense.

The thing I liked that Clarkson improved this year, was playing within the flow of the offense. IT just says fk it and drives to the lane and either throws up a crazy shot, shoots contested threes, or tries to bail out with a late pass.

Move the ball IT.

Big difference is JC was under contract and IT is playing for one. We may have to watch another year of IT if we have to punt capspace to 2019.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:52 am    Post subject:

I have a hard time seeing the Lakers bring back IT. I think Luke likes versatile switch-able defenders and IT just doesn't bring that.
Math
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:10 am    Post subject:

I'm not sure why he would deserve a contract beyond that of a Lou Williams. And at that price, I'm interested.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:38 am    Post subject:

I want to see how he does to close out the season. Hopefully he will get into rhythm at least offensively. I feel really bad for him. He never was a good defender but he was unstoppable offensively with Boston averaging 30 points a game. Now he doesn't have the explosiveness he had. His market value has dropped considerably. He was in line for a huge contract. Really sad.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:41 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
I have a hard time seeing the Lakers bring back IT. I think Luke likes versatile switch-able defenders and IT just doesn't bring that.

Yep.

I think they value versatility on the defense end over anything else. And I think that’s the right way to build an organization these days.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:41 am    Post subject:

Thomas said he's going to be spending the entire "break" working in the gym the entire duration.

Said he hasn't been able to really do that since he's even been back, and playing basketball again.

So the all-star break isn't going to be a break for him as he's going to be working hard in the gym and getting in some workout time and workouts in that he hasn't had the chance to do since he's been able to play again.

So maybe this break will help Thomas get more into basketball shape/form and he'll close the season strong for us.

One hopes.
dao
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:12 am    Post subject:

-6.4 BPM for the season? Cool. Let's give him Hart's minutes when Lonzo returns. Because he used to be a really good player.
lakers4life78
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:30 am    Post subject:

He's a pretty brutal player right now. His explosiveness compensated for his diminutive size and he's lost that since his bad hip injury. Frankly, he likely will never regain that athleticism. Just a very tough injury.

But I'm not getting worked up over a guy who is an expiring contract and not much else. When Ball comes back, he should play even less. 25 games to go.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 38, 39, 40 ... 100, 101, 102  Next
Page 39 of 102
Jump to: