ISAIAH THOMAS Official Thread (Shams: Lakers plan to sign 10-Day)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 39, 40, 41 ... 100, 101, 102  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:42 am    Post subject:

I wouldn’t go that far on conspiracy theory, but ever since the trade and how he has had a bad year, imo IT ends up back in Boston on a 1 year deal. I don’t think the lakers FO will bring him back and if he is going to take a 1 year deal, Boston is probably where he ends up to re-establish himself.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:44 am    Post subject:

dao wrote:
-6.4 BPM for the season? Cool. Let's give him Hart's minutes when Lonzo returns. Because he used to be a really good player.

He gets Clarkson's minutes, not Hart's. Isaiah ain't playing the backup 2.
babyskyhook
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:23 am    Post subject:

dao wrote:
-6.4 BPM for the season? Cool. Let's give him Hart's minutes when Lonzo returns. Because he used to be a really good player.

Yeah-

Isiah’s D is beyond horrible , not just because of his size, but he takes bad angles on screen/roll defense, gets caught in no-man’s land sagging too far off a 3 pt shooter while giving help D in the paint (as if he’s going to stop anyone at the rim), and gives very little effort on D on most possessions.

He’s a classic empty calorie, one way gunner. He compromises the entire team D, and when he and Kuz are out there together it’s ugly.

I’d love to see Hart get all his minutes once Zo comes back. I’d cut him to give him a chance to put up numbers on a tanking team at that point, as he would not be happy getting so few minutes.

Focus on our young guys and don’t have Isiah messing up the offense, defense and (potentially) the locker room.
babyskyhook
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:26 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
dao wrote:

The Lakers are supposedly looking at playing him and Zo together at times.
Captain America
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:28 pm    Post subject:

babyskyhook wrote:
dao wrote:

Yeah-

Isiah’s D is beyond horrible , not just because of his size, but he takes bad angles on screen/roll defense, gets caught in no-man’s land sagging too far off a 3 pt shooter while giving help D in the paint (as if he’s going to stop anyone at the rim), and gives very little effort on D on most possessions.

He’s a classic empty calorie, one way gunner. He compromises the entire team D, and when he and Kuz are out there together it’s ugly.

I’d love to see Hart get all his minutes once Zo comes back. I’d cut him to give him a chance to put up numbers on a tanking team at that point, as he would not be happy getting so few minutes.

Focus on our young guys and don’t have Isiah messing up the offense, defense and (potentially) the locker room.

I agree with cutting IT, but I hate to break it to you, we are officially a tanking team after the IT-trade. Nothing to gain from losing obviously but that’s kinda like throwing in the towel on the season
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:36 pm    Post subject:

What's tanking team? We play to win every game. Anyone not giving his all will warm the bench. We're trying to impress the FA right now. Every win is as important as ever.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:38 pm    Post subject:

IT isn't the savior, and I think JC is better than him right now, but we need to give it more than 2 games (he was ejected in one game within a minute or two)? Some practice time with the team and familiarity with players?
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:26 pm    Post subject:

babyskyhook wrote:
MJST wrote:
dao wrote:

The Lakers are supposedly looking at playing him and Zo together at times.

Luke debunked the like 2 days ago
LAL4K3RS
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:34 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
Isaiah says he'll be in the gym during All-Star break!

Wish there was a gym that could increase his height about 4-5 inches.
This Laker Organization has not yet hit bottom. It is moving there quickly, and I suspect this year we will see zero talent coming to the Lakers and we will trade away Kuz and BI for old vets in the hopes of giving LeBronze some scapegoats.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:37 pm    Post subject:

LAL4K3RS wrote:
pio2u wrote:

Why stop at 4-5? More like 12 inches.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:49 pm    Post subject:

When Lonzo comes back after all star break hopefully he can embrace the Sixth Man role. Our second unit of IT, Hart, Kuz and Zu could be a good group.
LAL4K3RS
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:55 pm    Post subject:

Lonzo might not be coming back this year. He seems to be done and checked out.

IT should embrace the Bench more, as this team doesn't need a scoring guy to go 20% from the field and have as many turnovers as assists.

I would rather have BI run the offense and at least create some match up problems.
This Laker Organization has not yet hit bottom. It is moving there quickly, and I suspect this year we will see zero talent coming to the Lakers and we will trade away Kuz and BI for old vets in the hopes of giving LeBronze some scapegoats.
dao
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:02 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
IT isn't the savior, and I think JC is better than him right now, but we need to give it more than 2 games (he was ejected in one game within a minute or two)? Some practice time with the team and familiarity with players?
he sucked in Cleveland, and now he's sucking here too. He's not good anymore. In fact, he's downright awful. Maybe he will stop sucking after he gets a full offseason to regain his health. But it's unrealistic to expect him to turn it around now.
KobeDunk
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:04 pm    Post subject:

this dude is garbage... can we just Deng him until the summer?
HumanVictoryCigar
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:06 pm    Post subject:

Isaiah, it was a dream of mine to be a Laker, however... it was not a dream of mine to play with Brook Lopez...
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:00 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
LAL4K3RS wrote:
pio2u wrote:

Why stop at 4-5? More like 12 inches.

I agree. He needs to reach 6’.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:13 pm    Post subject:

He might not be back 100% yet, hasn’t looked explosive in PnG. We’ll judge him at the end of the season
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:19 pm    Post subject:

I used to see posts from people badly wanting Gilbert Arenas, T-Mac, Odom and Bynum after those guys were completely washed up. This situation feels like an enormous improvement over anything those could have been.

At least with IT I feel there is a chance he could be decent (at least).
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:32 pm    Post subject:

LAL4K3RS wrote:
Lonzo might not be coming back this year. He seems to be done and checked out.

IT should embrace the Bench more, as this team doesn't need a scoring guy to go 20% from the field and have as many turnovers as assists.

I would rather have BI run the offense and at least create some match up problems.

What is wrong with your brain
LAL4K3RS
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:35 pm    Post subject:

Steve007 wrote:
I used to see posts from people badly wanting Gilbert Arenas, T-Mac, Odom and Bynum after those guys were completely washed up. This situation feels like an enormous improvement over anything those could have been.

At least with IT I feel there is a chance he could be decent (at least).

The problem with IT is that he suffers from the AI issue of being too small for the NBA. AI had some great years but eventually he just got too banged up to play at the same level he needed to play at to be in the NBA. IT just doesn't have the physicality to be in this league. To think he will magically be the player you are thinking about in Boston is just not possible. He is in decline and his attitude is toxic as witnessed in CLE. The best thing for him would be to find a nice fat contract with a team that has absolutely zero prospects of getting to the Playoffs.
akk7
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:18 pm    Post subject:

Give IT some time. He just came off a major injury and just got here. However, it’s really sad to see the drop off especially in his contract year.

Find it ironic how much hate he’s getting now, but how much hate Mitch got for not signing him.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:17 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
He might not be back 100% yet, hasn’t looked explosive in PnG. We’ll judge him at the end of the season

Obviously hip injuries can take away a players explosiveness.
Bo Jackson never recovered; we can only hope that Isaiah's injury is not as severe. In the mean time all he can do is work hard and hope for the best.
av3773
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:39 am    Post subject:

IT was never going to add to our win column significantly...will end up in that 30ish range.....mission accomplished....showed our young talent is good....if we are in the low 30s and people feel that missed expectations right or wrong IT will probably shoulder a good chunk of the blame so it won't scare off FA talent as the solution is simple don't bring IT back

It's a short-term pain long term gain scenario
Raijin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:45 am    Post subject:

babyskyhook wrote:
dao wrote:

Yeah-

He should be cut. He has no redeeming qualities and should not be in the NBA.. Just utter trash
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:49 am    Post subject:

av3773 wrote:
IT was never going to add to our win column significantly...will end up in that 30ish range.....mission accomplished....showed our young talent is good....if we are in the low 30s and people feel that missed expectations right or wrong IT will probably shoulder a good chunk of the blame so it won't scare off FA talent as the solution is simple don't bring IT back

It's a short-term pain long term gain scenario

Apparently that seems to be the case.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 39, 40, 41 ... 100, 101, 102  Next
Page 40 of 102
Jump to: