ISAIAH THOMAS Official Thread (Shams: Lakers plan to sign 10-Day)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 41, 42, 43 ... 100, 101, 102  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BizLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:40 am    Post subject:

durden-tyler wrote:
KOBE WAN wrote:
MJST wrote:
Lonzo Ball vs Isaiah Thomas after practice 3 point shootout

Wow just watched the whole thing. IT made like 90% 3 ptrs

Someone in the comment section said : Lonzo shot around 45.6% (42/92) IT shot 71.7% (66/92)...
I assume 45% in practice is a terrible number...

Yes that’s bad. NBA players should be nearly automatic in these types of settings, as Thomas was.

Lonzo’s form is definitely concerning. I doubt he will ever become a consistent shooter with that little side flick, it’s just too hard to control your shot with those terrible mechanics.

I know he’s been shooting like that his entire life but it’s definitely not too late to change it up. That elbow really needs to straighten out...If he could just learn to bring the ball more towards the front of his face rather than off to the left side then it would make a big difference.
laker50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:12 am    Post subject:

IT is pretty good on offense is is a lou williams , nick young type.
Instant offense.
But his defense is a liability. He has to be hidden off the ball.
And taken out at end of games on defense. Put in on offense.

May be worthwhile keeping at a reasonable price. But would put Randle first priority.
Unlikely to be able to trade IT now.

See what happens rest of season.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:03 am    Post subject:

laker50 wrote:
IT is pretty good on offense is is a lou williams , nick young type.
Instant offense.
But his defense is a liability. He has to be hidden off the ball.
And taken out at end of games on defense. Put in on offense.

May be worthwhile keeping at a reasonable price. But would put Randle first priority.
Unlikely to be able to trade IT now.

See what happens rest of season.

I have a hard time envisioning any scenario where IT is on the Lakers next season.
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:19 am    Post subject:

IT is not coming back. A shell of his former self.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:30 am    Post subject:

You guys are going to rue the day when we let IT go to a team like OKC where he could really do some damage off their bench.

If we have two maxes fine... we don't need him.

If he wants a max... fine... it's too expensive.

But if he wants to play here and is willing to work with us, he provides a backup for Lonzo if he can't stay healthy and a proven offensive weapon/closer for a young team that needs that skill.

But if you want to have tunnel vision, and just say no, no, no we don't want him under any condition... mark my words, some coach will find a way to use him and it may bite us in the ass.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:38 am    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
You guys are going to rue the day when we let IT go to a team like OKC where he could really do some damage off their bench.

But if he wants to play here and is willing to work with us, he provides a backup for Lonzo if he can't stay healthy and a proven offensive weapon/closer for a young team that needs that skill.

But if you want to have tunnel vision, and just say no, no, no we don't want him under any condition... mark my words, some coach will find a way to use him and it may bite us in the ass.

At what cost?
He thinks he's a starter
He thinks he's worth 30 million
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:42 am    Post subject:

defense wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

At what cost?
He thinks he's a starter

Yeah, that why I said if he wants to work with us. If he doesn't fine.

I just feel frustrated that many don't even want to try to exploit this potential asset.

A lot also goes on whether he keeps improving to the end of the year and regains his explosiveness. He also keeps slipping like a golden retriever... don't know if that's because he always slips, or because of the injury.
daytripper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:45 am    Post subject:

OCWA wrote:
ingle wrote:
How good is it to finally have someone who is automatic at the line.

If we can get IT on the cheap this offseason we HAVE to do it. With his confidence and health back he is a star, and stars on a cheap contract is how you build championship teams. It would be a risk but one worth taking.

IT isn't going to sign for cheap and he shouldn't. Dude has a huge ego/chip on his shoulder plus he has never been paid. Best for both parties that he moves on and gets the the money he deserves elsewhere.

Only a few teams have any significant capspace this summer I would be surprised if any team overpaid for him esp considering the injury but have been wrong before.

Obviously FA has to play out but if the Lakers have the $ then obviously maybe they could work out some type of make good 1 year contract, 1+1 with a team option, or maybe a Lou type contract that won't hamstring the organization going forward. As long as the contract is a team friendly asset then I don't mind him or any player coming back. If he wants brinks trucks than hard pass but tbh don't see any team offering that.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:45 am    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
defense wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

At what cost?
He thinks he's a starter

I just feel frustrated that many don't even want to try to exploit this potential asset.

A lot also goes on whether he keeps improving to the end of the year and regains his explosiveness. He also keeps slipping like a golden retriever... don't know if that's because he always slips, or because of the injury.

Personally i would live him off the bench But i don't think there is any way he settles for that.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:58 am    Post subject:

defense wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
defense wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

At what cost?
He thinks he's a starter

Personally i would live him off the bench But i don't think there is any way he settles for that.

Might require massaging the guy's ego. But a clever team management/coach does that... instead of just sending him on his way to a team that will use him. Let him start and then shut him down against players he can't cope with. Unlike the past years... we will be competing by next season, so it's important to consider where he ends up. I would be pissed if someone like OKC signed him and they beat us in the playoffs.

If he wants the Brink's truck then obviously he must go... if he's not healthy... then we shouldn't sign him either. But if he plays well, shows some signs of maturity and is willing to compromise then we should try to use him if two FA's aren't already signed.
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:19 am    Post subject:

IT made some nice passes last night. Very impressed.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:26 am    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
defense wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
defense wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

At what cost?
He thinks he's a starter

Might require massaging the guy's ego. But a clever team management/coach does that... instead of just sending him on his way to a team that will use him. Let him start and then shut him down against players he can't cope with. Unlike the past years... we will be competing by next season, so it's important to consider where he ends up. I would be pissed if someone like OKC signed him and they beat us in the playoffs.

If he wants the Brink's truck then obviously he must go... if he's not healthy... then we shouldn't sign him either. But if he plays well, shows some signs of maturity and is willing to compromise then we should try to use him if two FA's aren't already signed.

I think/hope that most of what you're saying is what most people here feel... if we get 2 max guys-- good bye. If he demands max money or a starter position-- good bye. However, if we don't get 2 guys and we push back cap space, he's healthy and willing to be a 6th man for a reasonable price (or on a short deal) then he's worth bringing back, IMO. But that all feels like a long shot TBH.
Captain America
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:52 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
defense wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
defense wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

At what cost?
He thinks he's a starter

I think/hope that most of what you're saying is what most people here feel... if we get 2 max guys-- good bye. If he demands max money or a starter position-- good bye. However, if we don't get 2 guys and we push back cap space, he's healthy and willing to be a 6th man for a reasonable price (or on a short deal) then he's worth bringing back, IMO. But that all feels like a long shot TBH.

What is a reasonable deal for him? Vet Min? Even then I think it’s a bad contract
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:02 pm    Post subject:

Captain America wrote:
2019 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
defense wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
defense wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

At what cost?
He thinks he's a starter

What is a reasonable deal for him? Vet Min? Even then I think it’s a bad contract

So you wouldn't fear IT coming off the bench in OKC?... or some other western conference power?

He was the fourth best player offensively last season and you don't think he's worth the veteran's minimum?

I don't know what to say to that other than I wish you were the general manager so I could steal him from you.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:07 pm    Post subject:

Captain America wrote:
2019 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
defense wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
defense wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

At what cost?
He thinks he's a starter

1 Year $14MM if we whiff on all other FA's
scooterp10
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:08 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
defense wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
defense wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

At what cost?
He thinks he's a starter

Given his body of work this year I could see a situation where nobody offers him the kind of contract he’s looking for and he stays on a one year prove it type deal like what KCP got.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:11 pm    Post subject:

scooterp10 wrote:
2019 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
defense wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
defense wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

At what cost?
He thinks he's a starter

Given his body of work this year I could see a situation where nobody offers him the kind of contract he’s looking for and he stays on a one year prove it type deal like what KCP got.

Not working out so great for kcp
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:18 pm    Post subject:

defense wrote:
scooterp10 wrote:
2019 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
defense wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
defense wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

At what cost?
He thinks he's a starter

KCP has the body, but not the BBIQ that Thomas has. He's a good player but he can't process information quickly enough to work effectively with a player like Ball or IT. If we end up keeping only one of them for a short contract, I'd prefer IT myself. It's too bad he didn't sign that contract in Detroit as I think he's a nice guy and wish him well.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:24 pm    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:

The reason I said I don't envision any scenario where he is on the Lakers next year is because of the salary he will want.

If he wanted to take MLE money, then maybe but honestly there are other players I would rather they spend money on.
kobe_luver
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:26 pm    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
defense wrote:
scooterp10 wrote:
2019 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
defense wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
defense wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

At what cost?
He thinks he's a starter

KCP has the body, but not the BBIQ that Thomas has. He's a good player but he can't process information quickly enough to work effectively with a player like Ball or IT. If we end up keeping only one of them for a short contract, I'd prefer IT myself. It's too bad he didn't sign that contract in Detroit as I think he's a nice guy and wish him well.

I don't understand the irrational hate many have for IT here at LG.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:28 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

The reason I said I don't envision any scenario where he is on the Lakers next year is because of the salary he will want.

If he wanted to take MLE money, then maybe but honestly there are other players I would rather they spend money on.

Who would you spend money on over IT that's better value?
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:39 pm    Post subject:

^It is hard to say without knowing what salaries guys will command, but Avery Bradley, JJ Redick or Clint Capela are three players I would prefer.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:40 pm    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

Who would you spend money on over IT that's better value?

I think Plan B should (assuming PG sign with us) is to trade Deng and sign Randle/IT to a big 1 yr contract with team option 2nd yr, keep 2019 max space available (maybe even squeeze in Brook)
ahaider
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:45 pm    Post subject:

Isiah could very well return if he's willing to do another 1 year prove me deal provided we swing and miss on Leonard, LBJ, & PG-13.

I could see him wanting to return in 2019 FA because the dollars aren't really there this summer.

Resigning Randle, IT, & and another shooter would be the most likely outcome for our FA this summer to me.

"The key to good decision making is not knowledge. It is understanding. We are swimming in the former. We are desperately lacking in the latter." - Malcom Gladwell
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:47 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
^It is hard to say without knowing what salaries guys will command, but Avery Bradley, JJ Redick or Clint Capela are three players I would prefer.

I wouldn't mind Redick or Capela... but Bradley is overrated imo

I think Redick and Capela would cost close to 20 million though and I don't want Bradley.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 41, 42, 43 ... 100, 101, 102  Next
Page 42 of 102
Jump to: