ISAIAH THOMAS Official Thread (Shams: Lakers plan to sign 10-Day)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 42, 43, 44 ... 100, 101, 102  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:51 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

Yeah, that why I said if he wants to work with us. If he doesn't fine.

I just feel frustrated that many don't even want to try to exploit this potential asset.

A lot also goes on whether he keeps improving to the end of the year and regains his explosiveness. He also keeps slipping like a golden retriever... don't know if that's because he always slips, or because of the injury.

The reason I said I don't envision any scenario where he is on the Lakers next year is because of the salary he will want.

If he wanted to take MLE money, then maybe but honestly there are other players I would rather they spend money on.

Who would you spend money on over IT that's better value?

I think Plan B should (assuming PG sign with us) is to trade Deng and sign Randle/IT to a big 1 yr contract with team option 2nd yr, keep 2019 max space available (maybe even squeeze in Brook)

I like this but I'd rather develop Zu than pay Brook. I don't think either Randle or IT would accept a one year contract though. I suppose if we overpaid for the year maybe IT would take it.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:52 pm    Post subject:

Capela costing 20 million? Or do you mean Redick and Capela together costing 20 million?
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:55 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Capela costing 20 million? Or do you mean Redick and Capela together costing 20 million?

Isn't Redick getting paid 23 million? I get that the market is down, but both of them possess elite ability in their respective skill sets so I assumed for a one year contract they'd get that type of money.

We need a rim protector and a knockdown shooter. This is why I'm entertaining the idea of IT if the two FA plan doesn't pan out. But Redick is fine by me too. I heard Houston wants to keep Capela so I'd assume you'd need close to 20 million to pry him away.

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/index.php?threads/clint-capela-12-million-man.288224/page-4
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:46 pm    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
governator wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

I just feel frustrated that many don't even want to try to exploit this potential asset.

A lot also goes on whether he keeps improving to the end of the year and regains his explosiveness. He also keeps slipping like a golden retriever... don't know if that's because he always slips, or because of the injury.

The reason I said I don't envision any scenario where he is on the Lakers next year is because of the salary he will want.

If he wanted to take MLE money, then maybe but honestly there are other players I would rather they spend money on.

I think Plan B should (assuming PG sign with us) is to trade Deng and sign Randle/IT to a big 1 yr contract with team option 2nd yr, keep 2019 max space available (maybe even squeeze in Brook)

I like this but I'd rather develop Zu than pay Brook. I don't think either Randle or IT would accept a one year contract though. I suppose if we overpaid for the year maybe IT would take it.

Without Deng on the book, there’s roughly $40 mil after PG13’s max. I think a $18-20mil per player should be incentive enough
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:10 pm    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
MJST wrote:

Isn't Redick getting paid 23 million? I get that the market is down, but both of them possess elite ability in their respective skill sets so I assumed for a one year contract they'd get that type of money.

We need a rim protector and a knockdown shooter. This is why I'm entertaining the idea of IT if the two FA plan doesn't pan out. But Redick is fine by me too. I heard Houston wants to keep Capela so I'd assume you'd need close to 20 million to pry him away.

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/index.php?threads/clint-capela-12-million-man.288224/page-4

Capela should never get a 20m a year offer from anyone.
Daphanabe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:19 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
MJST wrote:

Anyone paying Capela 20m will instantly regret it. Feels like a Biyimbo situation all over again (eg. Someone in a unique context that suited them and made them look the best they ever will be)
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:56 pm    Post subject:

Daphanabe wrote:
MJST wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
MJST wrote:

Anyone paying Capela 20m will instantly regret it. Feels like a Biyimbo situation all over again (eg. Someone in a unique context that suited them and made them look the best they ever will be)

I agree that's too much, but who would you sign instead? Or would you just roll with Zu and Bryant?
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:58 pm    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
Daphanabe wrote:
MJST wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
MJST wrote:

I agree that's too much, but who would you sign instead? Or would you just roll with Zu and Bryant?

Zu and Bryant easily. We have Randle too in a death lineup situation.
h2omike
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:00 pm    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
governator wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

I’d also rather give minutes to Zubac, and large one year deals to Randle and IT.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:01 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
Daphanabe wrote:
MJST wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
MJST wrote:

Zu and Bryant easily. We have Randle too in a death lineup situation.

Yeah I really liked what I saw from Zu in the last two games... but I had specifically said only one year contracts for those guys so it wouldn't be that bad until the youngsters developed.
ingle
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:34 pm    Post subject:

King of the 4th!!

Props for making those clutch FTs and closing that one out. Automatic.

I'm also impressed by his court vision and ability to get into the paint even if he's getting no calls at all
socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:35 pm    Post subject:

Should not be closing out. Plays zero defense and gets zero rebounds
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:37 pm    Post subject:

Low IQ play at the end trying to run the break than the clock and invisible defense but great job at the FT line.
NBALakerLegends
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:39 pm    Post subject:

Great to have a reliable free throw shooter at the end of games.
ingle
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:46 pm    Post subject:

socalsp3 wrote:

WHAT? His guy Fox didn't even score in the 4th

Look at IT's plays in the last 5 minutes

Assist to Kuz for a wide open 3
Potential Assist to Julius that resulted in a charge
Assist to Julius for a dunk + 1
6/6 free throws

The only bad play was the turnover which was a foul in my opinion. IT hate is out of hand
Capt.Skyhook
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:47 pm    Post subject:

Pleased with IT's play tonight - bad turnover withstanding. He was the closer at the line this team has needed and he did a fine job setting up bigs and shooters in the halfcourt. He wasn't a totally liability defensively, either. Little to complain about him tonight.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:49 pm    Post subject:

ingle wrote:
socalsp3 wrote:

6/6 free throws

The only bad play was the turnover which was a foul in my opinion. IT hate is out of hand
He has officially replaced KCP, who replaced Randle as the resident whipping post.
DocK36
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:51 pm    Post subject:

I don't know what his market value will be this summer, don't think any team will offer him a large long term deal with the hip issue. If we strike out on the two max FA plan, don't mind giving him a large one year deal like KCP or JJ Riddick.
ingle
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:54 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
ingle wrote:
socalsp3 wrote:

6/6 free throws

He has officially replaced KCP, who replaced Randle as the resident whipping post.

I preferred it when it was KCP and Julius, since they at least earned it with their play. I can't see what IT did to deserve the hate, in fact he's been gracious in accepting a bench role and been great in getting the young guys involved
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:55 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
ingle wrote:
socalsp3 wrote:

6/6 free throws

That guy pretty much just said Isaiah sucks in a loop all night so it became white noise after a few posts.

My main gripe with him was that he sometimes floats aimlessly without keeping track of anyone. I can live with him getting beat because of lack of size... I can't live with him if it happens because of lack of effort. But it's absurd to blame his defense any more than most of the players. There were two or three egregious lapses but most of time he stayed with someone.
parsons777
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:55 pm    Post subject:

NBALakerLegends wrote:
Great to have a reliable free throw shooter at the end of games.

Very calm at the line. Likely comes from having the experience of starting 21 playoff games over the last 2 seasons, more than all the other Lakers in their careers combined. ( and no, I am not counting Deng's games - he is semi-retired )
Inverse
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:57 pm    Post subject:

Agreed that the IT hate is absurd here. Having someone at the end of the game to knock down free throws is a great luxury to have now. He is our closer that we've desperately needed all season.

With that said, I feel like the more he plays with Lonzo, the better he'll look. I really do feel like Lonzo and IT are a great pairing. Lonzo is a great PG in the full court, and he's better off the ball in the half court. IT is the opposite. Really looking forward to seeing that chemistry being developed over the next 20 games or so

Also, if we strike out on the 2 max plan, I wouldnt mind giving IT a big one year deal to go along with PG13

IT
Lonzo
Ingram
PG13
Randle

is a solid starting 5
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:57 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
ingle wrote:
socalsp3 wrote:

6/6 free throws

The guy isn’t healthy, let’s give him a break. He got knocked to the floor last night and the painful scream he let out tells us he is still in pain.
The Logo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:59 pm    Post subject:

Good game from Isaiah, being a scorer for the bench unit. Definitely didn't have a good defensive game, but our wings getting lost on guys like Hield and Bogdanovic for threes were definitely way more frustrating than Mason scoring a couple of times.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:01 pm    Post subject:

ingle wrote:
pio2u wrote:
ingle wrote:
socalsp3 wrote:

6/6 free throws

I preferred it when it was KCP and Julius, since they at least earned it with their play. I can't see what IT did to deserve the hate, in fact he's been gracious in accepting a bench role and been great in getting the young guys involved

Yep he's been the second leading scorer 3 out of 4 games (excluding the ejection) and maybe only one game he kind of was chucking but the rest of the time he's been facilitating and feeding as much as shooting. I've felt compelled to defend him several times precisely because most of the time it's almost like random hate that has nothing to do with what's going on in the game. If he does something bad... point it out specifically... but just complaining about how he's short or how he sucks adds nothing to the conversation.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 42, 43, 44 ... 100, 101, 102  Next
Page 43 of 102
Jump to: