ISAIAH THOMAS Official Thread (Shams: Lakers plan to sign 10-Day)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 90, 91, 92 ... 100, 101, 102  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:46 pm    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
pio2u wrote:
Isaiah Thomas among 35 players on 2018-20 men's national team
Official release

http://www.nba.com/article/2018/04/06/usa-basketball-announces-35-players-2018-20-mens-national-team

Good to see at least Popovich and Van Gundy respect IT.

Assume Popovich will be making him an offer this summer?
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:11 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
pio2u wrote:
Isaiah Thomas among 35 players on 2018-20 men's national team
Official release

http://www.nba.com/article/2018/04/06/usa-basketball-announces-35-players-2018-20-mens-national-team

Good to see at least Popovich and Van Gundy respect IT.

Assume Popovich will be making him an offer this summer?

He should seeing Parker's sadly hit his expiration date... hope we still get him though until Lonzo's health and shooting stabilize. Would feel better if we can draft Shamet in case we can't afford him.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:13 pm    Post subject:

Endless3D wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
CervantesRises wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
CervantesRises wrote:
CervantesRises wrote:
CervantesRises wrote:
Megaton wrote:
Lonzo used the “M” word guys!

Munchausen?

Munchkin?

Miniature?

You were complaining earlier about letting things go... yet here you are stirring up sh*t again.

A rock...paint drying on a fence...toe nail clippings in the sink

What are...things that have a greater sense of humor than you.

Dude I'm old enough where it was normal to use the m word, the r word, and the fa word... and I grew up using them. Those words don't bother me in the slightest because I was of a generation that used them. I only don't use them out of respect to the those people and their families... for the same reason we don't call black people colored or negro anymore.

Has nothing to do with me... but respect those people or don't. Don't blame me for society's changes.

man midget is still normal to use, this forum is straight up tripping. In what world is midget such a controversial word? It's not even 1/1000 comparable to the N word.

Of course it isn't because there are way more black people than dwarves... just because there aren't a lot of them to complain... doesn't mean we should sh*t all over them. As I said, it has zero effect on me personally... just trying to be respectful.
crackadon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:04 am    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
Endless3D wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
CervantesRises wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
CervantesRises wrote:
CervantesRises wrote:
CervantesRises wrote:
Megaton wrote:

Munchausen?

Munchkin?

Miniature?

You were complaining earlier about letting things go... yet here you are stirring up sh*t again.

Dude I'm old enough where it was normal to use the m word, the r word, and the fa word... and I grew up using them. Those words don't bother me in the slightest because I was of a generation that used them. I only don't use them out of respect to the those people and their families... for the same reason we don't call black people colored or negro anymore.

Has nothing to do with me... but respect those people or don't. Don't blame me for society's changes.

man midget is still normal to use, this forum is straight up tripping. In what world is midget such a controversial word? It's not even 1/1000 comparable to the N word.

Of course it isn't because there are way more black people than dwarves... just because there aren't a lot of them to complain... doesn't mean we should sh*t all over them. As I said, it has zero effect on me personally... just trying to be respectful.

That guy is literally trying to justify hate speech against little people in 2018.

Being bigoted, sexist, racist, homophobic etc. will eventually lead to people calling you out on it.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 12:52 pm    Post subject:

GREAT NEWS: Thomas just announced that his hip surgery "shouldn't be a problem with his Free Agency"!

That should provide a great relief to those six or seven teams that were looking to sign him to a 6-year Max Contract....!
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:12 pm    Post subject:

unleasHell wrote:
GREAT NEWS: Thomas just announced that his hip surgery "shouldn't be a problem with his Free Agency"!

That should provide a great relief to those six or seven teams that were looking to sign him to a 6-year Max Contract....!

pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:51 am    Post subject:

2018 Player Capsule: Isaiah Thomas

Quote:
Season Summary:
It was an arduous season for Isaiah Thomas, who didn’t debut until January due to a right hip injury, and then traded from Cleveland just a month later.

Thomas’ ailment subtracted much of his trademark explosiveness, as he conceded not feeling 100 percent during his 17 games with the Lakers — a stint that ended with him undergoing hip surgery three weeks before the season ended.

During his brief tenure, he did fill an area of need for the Lakers by serving as the second-unit point guard.

http://www.nba.com/lakers/news/180415-player-capsule-isaiah-thomas?cid=tw
RG73
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:58 am    Post subject:

VicXLakers wrote:
this is sad...the guy has lost a lot of money . :dead:

Eh, he's made over $22 million by age 28 playing in the NBA at 5 foot and change. Sure, it could have been more, but by all standards the guy has succeeded wildly.
cyborgspider
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:25 am    Post subject:

RG73 wrote:

Eh, he's made over $22 million by age 28 playing in the NBA at 5 foot and change. Sure, it could have been more, but by all standards the guy has succeeded wildly.

Let's say we're the average joe off the street. Making $50k a year. And then you get a job offer, doing the same thing you're doing, for $227,500 a year. You just have to wait a few months and not lose your foot until then. And then a tiger eats your foot a month before your job change.

I don't know where my metaphor's going, but goddamit, he just lost out on $100 million dollars. So we say, oh, what's the difference? Maybe he gives $10mil to his college. Another $20m to the inner city in his dearly departed sister's name. Maybe he invests $15m of it and becomes a Billionaire by age 50 off that investment alone. Yeah, he's not starving, but it's just a big bummer that couldn't get that payday.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:06 pm    Post subject:

RG73 wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
this is sad...the guy has lost a lot of money .

every single nba player who makes a roster has succeeded widly. They are at the top of their profession. how many people can say that? not many.

how many people can say they play a GAME for millions? Not many.

but thats not the point. all things are relative. IT doesnt work where I work. IT plays in the nba with other rich guys. and some of those guys are getting that max money and he's mad as hell he didnt get his big check. as he should be. you can be mad about not getting it and still content with what you have.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:09 am    Post subject:

NBA execs: Isaiah Thomas' free agency comes down to 'red flag' injury

Quote:
Maybe the most interesting free-agent case of this coming summer — and perhaps the most interesting in recent memory — will be that of sunken star guard Isaiah Thomas. We’ve seen free agents take nosedives just ahead of what looks like a big payday in the past. But we’ve never quite seen what’s happened to Thomas in the past 12 months.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/news/isaiah-thomas-lakers-news-contract-free-agency-trade-rumors-injury-hip-cavs/1bhiac9kkt6za190fl3tod9nrs?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:02 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
NBA execs: Isaiah Thomas' free agency comes down to 'red flag' injury

Quote:
Maybe the most interesting free-agent case of this coming summer — and perhaps the most interesting in recent memory — will be that of sunken star guard Isaiah Thomas. We’ve seen free agents take nosedives just ahead of what looks like a big payday in the past. But we’ve never quite seen what’s happened to Thomas in the past 12 months.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/news/isaiah-thomas-lakers-news-contract-free-agency-trade-rumors-injury-hip-cavs/1bhiac9kkt6za190fl3tod9nrs?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

yeah...that's why he won't be back
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:05 am    Post subject:

Isaiah said he loved Boston. At this point he justa wants to
be somewhere stable.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 5:10 pm    Post subject:

Isaiah Thomas Tweets He's 'Finally Pain Free' After Hip Surgery

Quote:

Isaiah Thomas (@) isaiahthomas

I haven’t been able to really workout & get better in over a year! Finally pain free. This is going to be fun!!! #ThatSLOWgrind

11:31 AM - May 16, 2018

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2776335-lakers-news-isaiah-thomas-tweets-hes-finally-pain-free-after-hip-surgery
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 5:11 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
Isaiah Thomas Tweets He's 'Finally Pain Free' After Hip Surgery

Quote:

Isaiah Thomas @ isaiahthomas

I haven’t been able to really workout & get better in over a year! Finally pain free. This is going to be fun!!! #ThatSLOWgrind

11:31 AM - May 16, 2018

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2776335-lakers-news-isaiah-thomas-tweets-hes-finally-pain-free-after-hip-surgery

im sure
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 1:40 am    Post subject:

^ dripping with sarcasm?
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 4:40 am    Post subject:

You know a lot of people don't understand that Isaiah is all about LOVE...!

He loved being a Laker,

He loved his time in Boston,

He loves playing in the NBA,

And he loves money..

Now how can you fault a guy for showing so much LOVE?
CabinCreek44
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 5:01 am    Post subject:

The org should strongly consider keeping Thomas, maybe on a 1-year deal for now. Seems hard to imagine any team being willing to sign him to a long-term mega deal right now.

Unless they're blowing smoke/curbing expectations, we're already hearing whispers that the FO may not fix the team this summer in free agency. If they really believe that, then keeping Thomas would be a good move, at least in the short haul. If he can regain his old form or close to it, he might make us competitive while we await the grand day that our FO produces the free agent bonanza that the previous one could not.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 5:09 am    Post subject:

CabinCreek44 wrote:
The org should strongly consider keeping Thomas, maybe on a 1-year deal for now. Seems hard to imagine any team being willing to sign him to a long-term mega deal right now.

Unless they're blowing smoke/curbing expectations, we're already hearing whispers that the FO may not fix the team this summer in free agency. If they really believe that, then keeping Thomas would be a good move, at least in the short haul. If he can regain his old form or close to it, he might make us competitive while we await the grand day that our FO produces the free agent bonanza that the previous one could not.

You want to pay a guy $20mil for 1 season while he rehabs half the year?
DangeRuss
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 5:25 am    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
Endless3D wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
CervantesRises wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
CervantesRises wrote:
CervantesRises wrote:
CervantesRises wrote:
Megaton wrote:

Munchausen?

Munchkin?

Miniature?

If you wanna go that route, although dwarfism is the medical term for it, dwarf is considered disrespectful these days. Little person is the current “proper” term.
CabinCreek44
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 5:38 am    Post subject:

unleasHell wrote:
CabinCreek44 wrote:

You want to pay a guy $20mil for 1 season while he rehabs half the year?

Well, first off, I'm not going to pay him a dime.

Secondly, the FO has to make the call. That's what they're paid to do. Their job is to make the club better. Maybe they'll have faith that Lonzo will be much improved next season. If that were the case, we don't need Thomas.

Thomas, if he's right, is a bona fide NBA ballplayer. I have no idea what it will cost to sign him. My guess would be that anyone in the league who might be willing to sign him this summer will be looking to get him at a lower price than he might otherwise have been able to command.

Lonzo btw to this point looks like the proverbial project with no guarantee of being the player we were led to believe he would be. I hope he obliterates that gloomy perception next season.

If we're not going to make a splash in free agency, Thomas might be a good 1-year rental while we see how things shake out.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 5:51 am    Post subject:

I think it's possible that he will only cost a room exception or at most, a 1 year MLE (which we don't have).

Teams will be unlikely to give him a long term deal at big money.

However, if we get LBJ, he is 100% not coming back on this team. If we only get PG13, then we likely keep Deng, re-sign Jules, and IMO we focus the rest of the cap on Brook.

IT would have to take the room exception for 1 year.
kobe_luver
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 11:18 am    Post subject:

DangeRuss wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
Endless3D wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
CervantesRises wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
CervantesRises wrote:
CervantesRises wrote:
CervantesRises wrote:
Megaton wrote:

Munchausen?

Munchkin?

Miniature?

If you wanna go that route, although dwarfism is the medical term for it, dwarf is considered disrespectful these days. Little person is the current “proper” term.

The mods very clearly asked that the "m" word not be used here any more pages back. This was debated at great length here before and they decided it was not to be used/discussed here any more. So, let's drop it.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 9:35 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
I think it's possible that he will only cost a room exception or at most, a 1 year MLE (which we don't have).

Teams will be unlikely to give him a long term deal at big money.

However, if we get LBJ, he is 100% not coming back on this team. If we only get PG13, then we likely keep Deng, re-sign Jules, and IMO we focus the rest of the cap on Brook.

IT would have to take the room exception for 1 year.

That works...!
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 10:32 pm    Post subject:

Glad he's finally pain free.
But I think he's gonna have to slow grind in Brooklyn or Atlanta or Dallas.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 90, 91, 92 ... 100, 101, 102  Next
Page 91 of 102
Jump to: