GOODBYE ISAIAH THOMAS (Joins Nuggets, p.95)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 94, 95, 96  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Jenn
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 31 Oct 2006
Posts: 634

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:47 pm    Post subject:

ChickenBeckerman wrote:
I'm thinking he's gonna pan out bigtime and will lead the Lakers into the playoffs.

Trade Zo for high lottery pick and sign IT to a max contract.


I couldn't disagree more with the Zo part. You don't trade away someone who runs a team that well and who plays surprising good defense as a 20 year old with only, what, 30 NBA games under his belt. Insane. I can totally see Zo and IT being an outstanding backcourt together. Three passers like Zo, IT, and BI playing together? Potentially deadly.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 10 Aug 2005
Posts: 10853

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:58 pm    Post subject:

Jenn wrote:
ChickenBeckerman wrote:
I'm thinking he's gonna pan out bigtime and will lead the Lakers into the playoffs.

Trade Zo for high lottery pick and sign IT to a max contract.


I couldn't disagree more with the Zo part. You don't trade away someone who runs a team that well and who plays surprising good defense as a 20 year old with only, what, 30 NBA games under his belt. Insane. I can totally see Zo and IT being an outstanding backcourt together. Three passers like Zo, IT, and BI playing together? Potentially deadly.


Lavar Ball is why he wants to trade him.
_________________
Coach: Luuuuuuuuuuuke
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
fontana3d
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 22 Mar 2013
Posts: 3794

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:05 pm    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
Jenn wrote:
ChickenBeckerman wrote:
I'm thinking he's gonna pan out bigtime and will lead the Lakers into the playoffs.

Trade Zo for high lottery pick and sign IT to a max contract.


I couldn't disagree more with the Zo part. You don't trade away someone who runs a team that well and who plays surprising good defense as a 20 year old with only, what, 30 NBA games under his belt. Insane. I can totally see Zo and IT being an outstanding backcourt together. Three passers like Zo, IT, and BI playing together? Potentially deadly.


Lavar Ball is why he wants to trade him.


Well Magic will say no and who cares about Lavar or you people here.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 10 Aug 2005
Posts: 10853

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:08 pm    Post subject:

fontana3d wrote:
Car54 wrote:
Jenn wrote:
ChickenBeckerman wrote:
I'm thinking he's gonna pan out bigtime and will lead the Lakers into the playoffs.

Trade Zo for high lottery pick and sign IT to a max contract.


I couldn't disagree more with the Zo part. You don't trade away someone who runs a team that well and who plays surprising good defense as a 20 year old with only, what, 30 NBA games under his belt. Insane. I can totally see Zo and IT being an outstanding backcourt together. Three passers like Zo, IT, and BI playing together? Potentially deadly.


Lavar Ball is why he wants to trade him.


Well Magic will say no and who cares about Lavar or you people here.


lol keep thinking Magic doesn't care.
_________________
Coach: Luuuuuuuuuuuke
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
fontana3d
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 22 Mar 2013
Posts: 3794

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:20 pm    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
fontana3d wrote:
Car54 wrote:
Jenn wrote:
ChickenBeckerman wrote:
I'm thinking he's gonna pan out bigtime and will lead the Lakers into the playoffs.

Trade Zo for high lottery pick and sign IT to a max contract.


I couldn't disagree more with the Zo part. You don't trade away someone who runs a team that well and who plays surprising good defense as a 20 year old with only, what, 30 NBA games under his belt. Insane. I can totally see Zo and IT being an outstanding backcourt together. Three passers like Zo, IT, and BI playing together? Potentially deadly.


Lavar Ball is why he wants to trade him.


Well Magic will say no and who cares about Lavar or you people here.


lol keep thinking Magic doesn't care.


Well he doesn't care about us though.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 10 Aug 2005
Posts: 10853

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:29 pm    Post subject:

fontana3d wrote:
Car54 wrote:
fontana3d wrote:
Car54 wrote:
Jenn wrote:
ChickenBeckerman wrote:
I'm thinking he's gonna pan out bigtime and will lead the Lakers into the playoffs.

Trade Zo for high lottery pick and sign IT to a max contract.


I couldn't disagree more with the Zo part. You don't trade away someone who runs a team that well and who plays surprising good defense as a 20 year old with only, what, 30 NBA games under his belt. Insane. I can totally see Zo and IT being an outstanding backcourt together. Three passers like Zo, IT, and BI playing together? Potentially deadly.


Lavar Ball is why he wants to trade him.


Well Magic will say no and who cares about Lavar or you people here.




lol keep thinking Magic doesn't care.


Well he doesn't care about us though.


When did this become about us?
_________________
Coach: Luuuuuuuuuuuke
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Bol
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 24 Jun 2005
Posts: 3094

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:14 pm    Post subject:

People getting attached to this guy are setting themselves up for disappointment. He doesn't fit at all with the ball movement + defense philosophy the organization is pushing. Again, there's a reason why Magic and Rob talked so much about the flexibility the trade brought and hardly talked at all about what IT could do.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
VicXLakers
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 08 Feb 2006
Posts: 7989

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:42 pm    Post subject:

Bol wrote:
People getting attached to this guy are setting themselves up for disappointment. He doesn't fit at all with the ball movement + defense philosophy the organization is pushing. Again, there's a reason why Magic and Rob talked so much about the flexibility the trade brought and hardly talked at all about what IT could do.


hear hear...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
€H£M£$TR¥
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 03 Apr 2017
Posts: 1411

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:08 am    Post subject:

Bol wrote:
People getting attached to this guy are setting themselves up for disappointment. He doesn't fit at all with the ball movement + defense philosophy the organization is pushing. Again, there's a reason why Magic and Rob talked so much about the flexibility the trade brought and hardly talked at all about what IT could do.


Point taken, as I am getting attached to a hometown boy making good. He is the ultimate underdog, and I tend to root for the type... especially since I’m rooting for wins again, and not bothered by draft positioning at the ASB.

Our young core needs to learn how to adapt their game to the personnel on the floor. Befriend talent and support that talent as it is a facet of the team that we haven’t had in a very long time. That talent, a pure scorer. Dynamic that can push and change pace and facilitate on offense the likes we haven’t seen since the GOAT Mamba. If we were ever a defensive minded core, I’m more than confident with the help defense.

Fault me for being an optimist.
_________________
🌮 WE 🌮 WANT 🌮 TACOS 🌮
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Laker's Fan
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 27 Jun 2002
Posts: 8008

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:12 am    Post subject:

I get that he's a bad defender, and that he hasn't been healthy yet this year. But just for frame of reference, this was the LEAGUE MVP voting order last season:

1. Westbrook
2. Harden
3. Kawhi
4. LeBron
5. Thomas
6. Curry
7. Giannis
8. Wall
9. Davis
10. Durant

Thomas' rep was probably overinflated last year just like it's underrated this year. But just let the names after his on that list sink in.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
€H£M£$TR¥
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 03 Apr 2017
Posts: 1411

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:17 am    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:
I get that he's a bad defender, and that he hasn't been healthy yet this year. But just for frame of reference, this was the LEAGUE MVP voting order last season:

1. Westbrook
2. Harden
3. Kawhi
4. LeBron
5. Thomas
6. Curry
7. Giannis
8. Wall
9. Davis
10. Durant

Thomas' rep was probably overinflated last year just like it's underrated this year. But just let the names after his on that list sink in.


All but one has the heart of an alpha on that list.
_________________
🌮 WE 🌮 WANT 🌮 TACOS 🌮
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LoyalLaker
Sixth Man
Sixth Man


Joined: 15 Feb 2015
Posts: 50

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:28 am    Post subject:

Can we show more patience than just one game with his new team?

Lets see how he does after 5-10 games and call it from there. He played well, made a couple of mistakes but it happens. At the end of the day if it doesn't pan out hes just a rental.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakersRGolden
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 13 Jan 2002
Posts: 6499
Location: Lake Forest

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:29 am    Post subject:

€H£M£$TR¥ wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:
I get that he's a bad defender, and that he hasn't been healthy yet this year. But just for frame of reference, this was the LEAGUE MVP voting order last season:

1. Westbrook
2. Harden
3. Kawhi
4. LeBron
5. Thomas
6. Curry
7. Giannis
8. Wall
9. Davis
10. Durant

Thomas' rep was probably overinflated last year just like it's underrated this year. But just let the names after his on that list sink in.


All but one has the heart of an alpha on that list.

Lebron still wins despite that so who cares.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
kobe_luver
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 08 Feb 2008
Posts: 11468
Location: LA

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:31 am    Post subject:

€H£M£$TR¥ wrote:
Bol wrote:
People getting attached to this guy are setting themselves up for disappointment. He doesn't fit at all with the ball movement + defense philosophy the organization is pushing. Again, there's a reason why Magic and Rob talked so much about the flexibility the trade brought and hardly talked at all about what IT could do.


Point taken, as I am getting attached to a hometown boy making good. He is the ultimate underdog, and I tend to root for the type... especially since I’m rooting for wins again, and not bothered by draft positioning at the ASB.

Our young core needs to learn how to adapt their game to the personnel on the floor. Befriend talent and support that talent as it is a facet of the team that we haven’t had in a very long time. That talent, a pure scorer. Dynamic that can push and change pace and facilitate on offense the likes we haven’t seen since the GOAT Mamba. If we were ever a defensive minded core, I’m more than confident with the help defense.

Fault me for being an optimist
.


Never....I agree!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
AFireInside619
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 11 Dec 2015
Posts: 5696
Location: San Diego, California

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:43 am    Post subject:

Man, that Lakers Nation video of Thomas shooting 3's after practice. When was the last time we had someone who could shoot that well on this team? I know I've made some short jokes and no defense jokes, but I'm very excited about the possibilities of having such a player on our team.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
epak
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 30 Aug 2005
Posts: 23197

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:56 am    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
Man, that Lakers Nation video of Thomas shooting 3's after practice. When was the last time we had someone who could shoot that well on this team? I know I've made some short jokes and no defense jokes, but I'm very excited about the possibilities of having such a player on our team.


Smoooooooth
_________________
👊 Los Angeles Lakers 👊
One more trade to get rid of the old regime's players!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
OCWA
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Jan 2006
Posts: 2429

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:58 am    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:
I get that he's a bad defender, and that he hasn't been healthy yet this year. But just for frame of reference, this was the LEAGUE MVP voting order last season:

1. Westbrook
2. Harden
3. Kawhi
4. LeBron
5. Thomas
6. Curry
7. Giannis
8. Wall
9. Davis
10. Durant

Thomas' rep was probably overinflated last year just like it's underrated this year. But just let the names after his on that list sink in.


5 teams in 7 years. There is a reason for that. I blasted Jim Buss for passing on him 4 times in the second round, but IT's huge ego coupled with being a HUGE defensive liability is the reason teams don't want him.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
AFireInside619
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 11 Dec 2015
Posts: 5696
Location: San Diego, California

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:23 am    Post subject:

Im gonna give dude a chance. He's not the reason we made this trade and if Lebron is coming then IT is toast once again...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Vanquish
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 15 Jun 2005
Posts: 1457
Location: London

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:59 am    Post subject:

If our 2 max plan blows up this off season, would a viable alternative be to use the space to get defensive minded role players who would mask IT's defensive issues.

IT's offense seemed fine in the loss to the Mavs. We also know if he is healthy, surrounded by the right personnel and has the correct coach, he is a MVP level player.

So if we can't get superstars, would it be viable to do a 180 and look for role players instead. Role Players who can mask IT's defensive issues well enough that he becomes our superstar just like how he looked in Boston.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
trablos
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 10 May 2017
Posts: 1735

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:14 am    Post subject:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwrXKr273z4

Say what you want about his height, injuries...but I'm loving his attitude. This type of leadership is exactly what we need right now, even if its only for a few months.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 10 Aug 2005
Posts: 10853

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:15 am    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
Man, that Lakers Nation video of Thomas shooting 3's after practice. When was the last time we had someone who could shoot that well on this team? I know I've made some short jokes and no defense jokes, but I'm very excited about the possibilities of having such a player on our team.


Link or it didn't happen lol
_________________
Coach: Luuuuuuuuuuuke
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 93738
Location: Do you believe in Magic?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:17 am    Post subject:

Cheering for him for the rest of the year.

Not a fan of keeping him past this year though.
_________________
We have LBJ.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 18 Jul 2006
Posts: 3045

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:39 am    Post subject:

I love this guy's heart, his competitive drive, and his skills. However, from the moment my eyes saw the names in the trade crawling across the screen, I found myself repeating "I don't want him on our team, I don't want him on our team".

I felt badly about those sentiments because it's surely nothing personal. It's the simple fact that he is the antithesis of the type of guards championship teams build around.

6'6 athletic, great vision, great passing, three point threats, are the gold standard, and I'm glad we've got one. And even a 6'9 guy (Kuz) who has the same skills......EXCITING.

I'm still sorry for his family's loss last year, and, as I said above, I love certain things about him, but a sixth man role is the ONLY role I can ever envision for him on this team.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 10 Aug 2005
Posts: 10853

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:55 am    Post subject:

Bol wrote:
People getting attached to this guy are setting themselves up for disappointment. He doesn't fit at all with the ball movement + defense philosophy the organization is pushing. Again, there's a reason why Magic and Rob talked so much about the flexibility the trade brought and hardly talked at all about what IT could do.


They don't have to mention him they could have sent him home but instead he's playing because they want to take a look at him. Sure Lebron is the target but if he doesn't come they will at least give IT an one year deal as long as he's not a disaster. To be honest I would like to keep him if he can avg 25ppg and we can win some games. I think having an Allstar already in place helps with getting PG to come.
_________________
Coach: Luuuuuuuuuuuke
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
RoyalPurple8
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 18 Oct 2017
Posts: 439

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:01 am    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
Bol wrote:
People getting attached to this guy are setting themselves up for disappointment. He doesn't fit at all with the ball movement + defense philosophy the organization is pushing. Again, there's a reason why Magic and Rob talked so much about the flexibility the trade brought and hardly talked at all about what IT could do.


They don't have to mention him they could have sent him home but instead he's playing because they want to take a look at him. Sure Lebron is the target but if he doesn't come they will at least give IT an one year deal as long as he's not a disaster. To be honest I would like to keep him if he can avg 25ppg and we can win some games. I think having an Allstar already in place helps with getting PG to come.


Nobody really wants to play with IT imo. If he can lead us to the playoffs I think PG can look at that and say: If this guy can lead us to the playoffs he can. That is best case scenerio. I think we would have to promise George that he would be gone after next season. Its a dangerous game imo. I understand though, you only have so many options.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 94, 95, 96  Next
Page 31 of 96
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB