ISAIAH THOMAS Official Thread (Shams: Lakers plan to sign 10-Day)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 100, 101, 102  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jenn
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:47 pm    Post subject:

ChickenBeckerman wrote:
I'm thinking he's gonna pan out bigtime and will lead the Lakers into the playoffs.

Trade Zo for high lottery pick and sign IT to a max contract.

I couldn't disagree more with the Zo part. You don't trade away someone who runs a team that well and who plays surprising good defense as a 20 year old with only, what, 30 NBA games under his belt. Insane. I can totally see Zo and IT being an outstanding backcourt together. Three passers like Zo, IT, and BI playing together? Potentially deadly.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:58 pm    Post subject:

Jenn wrote:
ChickenBeckerman wrote:
I'm thinking he's gonna pan out bigtime and will lead the Lakers into the playoffs.

I couldn't disagree more with the Zo part. You don't trade away someone who runs a team that well and who plays surprising good defense as a 20 year old with only, what, 30 NBA games under his belt. Insane. I can totally see Zo and IT being an outstanding backcourt together. Three passers like Zo, IT, and BI playing together? Potentially deadly.

Lavar Ball is why he wants to trade him.
fontana3d
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:05 pm    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
Jenn wrote:
ChickenBeckerman wrote:

Well Magic will say no and who cares about Lavar or you people here.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:08 pm    Post subject:

fontana3d wrote:
Car54 wrote:
Jenn wrote:
ChickenBeckerman wrote:

lol keep thinking Magic doesn't care.
fontana3d
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:20 pm    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
fontana3d wrote:
Car54 wrote:
Jenn wrote:
ChickenBeckerman wrote:

Well he doesn't care about us though.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:29 pm    Post subject:

fontana3d wrote:
Car54 wrote:
fontana3d wrote:
Car54 wrote:
Jenn wrote:
ChickenBeckerman wrote:

Well he doesn't care about us though.

When did this become about us?
Bol
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:14 pm    Post subject:

People getting attached to this guy are setting themselves up for disappointment. He doesn't fit at all with the ball movement + defense philosophy the organization is pushing. Again, there's a reason why Magic and Rob talked so much about the flexibility the trade brought and hardly talked at all about what IT could do.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:42 pm    Post subject:

Bol wrote:
People getting attached to this guy are setting themselves up for disappointment. He doesn't fit at all with the ball movement + defense philosophy the organization is pushing. Again, there's a reason why Magic and Rob talked so much about the flexibility the trade brought and hardly talked at all about what IT could do.

hear hear...
€H£M£$TR¥
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:08 am    Post subject:

Bol wrote:

Point taken, as I am getting attached to a hometown boy making good. He is the ultimate underdog, and I tend to root for the type... especially since I’m rooting for wins again, and not bothered by draft positioning at the ASB.

Our young core needs to learn how to adapt their game to the personnel on the floor. Befriend talent and support that talent as it is a facet of the team that we haven’t had in a very long time. That talent, a pure scorer. Dynamic that can push and change pace and facilitate on offense the likes we haven’t seen since the GOAT Mamba. If we were ever a defensive minded core, I’m more than confident with the help defense.

Fault me for being an optimist.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:12 am    Post subject:

I get that he's a bad defender, and that he hasn't been healthy yet this year. But just for frame of reference, this was the LEAGUE MVP voting order last season:

1. Westbrook
2. Harden
3. Kawhi
4. LeBron
5. Thomas
6. Curry
7. Giannis
8. Wall
9. Davis
10. Durant

Thomas' rep was probably overinflated last year just like it's underrated this year. But just let the names after his on that list sink in.
€H£M£$TR¥
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:17 am    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:
I get that he's a bad defender, and that he hasn't been healthy yet this year. But just for frame of reference, this was the LEAGUE MVP voting order last season:

1. Westbrook
2. Harden
3. Kawhi
4. LeBron
5. Thomas
6. Curry
7. Giannis
8. Wall
9. Davis
10. Durant

Thomas' rep was probably overinflated last year just like it's underrated this year. But just let the names after his on that list sink in.

All but one has the heart of an alpha on that list.
LoyalLaker
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:28 am    Post subject:

Can we show more patience than just one game with his new team?

Lets see how he does after 5-10 games and call it from there. He played well, made a couple of mistakes but it happens. At the end of the day if it doesn't pan out hes just a rental.
LakersRGolden
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:29 am    Post subject:

€H£M£$TR¥ wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:

1. Westbrook
2. Harden
3. Kawhi
4. LeBron
5. Thomas
6. Curry
7. Giannis
8. Wall
9. Davis
10. Durant

All but one has the heart of an alpha on that list.

Lebron still wins despite that so who cares.
kobe_luver
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:31 am    Post subject:

€H£M£$TR¥ wrote:
Bol wrote:

Point taken, as I am getting attached to a hometown boy making good. He is the ultimate underdog, and I tend to root for the type... especially since I’m rooting for wins again, and not bothered by draft positioning at the ASB.

Our young core needs to learn how to adapt their game to the personnel on the floor. Befriend talent and support that talent as it is a facet of the team that we haven’t had in a very long time. That talent, a pure scorer. Dynamic that can push and change pace and facilitate on offense the likes we haven’t seen since the GOAT Mamba. If we were ever a defensive minded core, I’m more than confident with the help defense.

Fault me for being an optimist

Never....I agree!
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:43 am    Post subject:

Man, that Lakers Nation video of Thomas shooting 3's after practice. When was the last time we had someone who could shoot that well on this team? I know I've made some short jokes and no defense jokes, but I'm very excited about the possibilities of having such a player on our team.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:56 am    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
Man, that Lakers Nation video of Thomas shooting 3's after practice. When was the last time we had someone who could shoot that well on this team? I know I've made some short jokes and no defense jokes, but I'm very excited about the possibilities of having such a player on our team.

Smoooooooth
OCWA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:58 am    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:

1. Westbrook
2. Harden
3. Kawhi
4. LeBron
5. Thomas
6. Curry
7. Giannis
8. Wall
9. Davis
10. Durant

5 teams in 7 years. There is a reason for that. I blasted Jim Buss for passing on him 4 times in the second round, but IT's huge ego coupled with being a HUGE defensive liability is the reason teams don't want him.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:23 am    Post subject:

Im gonna give dude a chance. He's not the reason we made this trade and if Lebron is coming then IT is toast once again...
Vanquish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:59 am    Post subject:

If our 2 max plan blows up this off season, would a viable alternative be to use the space to get defensive minded role players who would mask IT's defensive issues.

IT's offense seemed fine in the loss to the Mavs. We also know if he is healthy, surrounded by the right personnel and has the correct coach, he is a MVP level player.

So if we can't get superstars, would it be viable to do a 180 and look for role players instead. Role Players who can mask IT's defensive issues well enough that he becomes our superstar just like how he looked in Boston.
trablos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:14 am    Post subject:

Say what you want about his height, injuries...but I'm loving his attitude. This type of leadership is exactly what we need right now, even if its only for a few months.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:15 am    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:

Link or it didn't happen lol
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:17 am    Post subject:

Cheering for him for the rest of the year.

Not a fan of keeping him past this year though.
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:39 am    Post subject:

I love this guy's heart, his competitive drive, and his skills. However, from the moment my eyes saw the names in the trade crawling across the screen, I found myself repeating "I don't want him on our team, I don't want him on our team".

I felt badly about those sentiments because it's surely nothing personal. It's the simple fact that he is the antithesis of the type of guards championship teams build around.

6'6 athletic, great vision, great passing, three point threats, are the gold standard, and I'm glad we've got one. And even a 6'9 guy (Kuz) who has the same skills......EXCITING.

I'm still sorry for his family's loss last year, and, as I said above, I love certain things about him, but a sixth man role is the ONLY role I can ever envision for him on this team.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:55 am    Post subject:

Bol wrote:

They don't have to mention him they could have sent him home but instead he's playing because they want to take a look at him. Sure Lebron is the target but if he doesn't come they will at least give IT an one year deal as long as he's not a disaster. To be honest I would like to keep him if he can avg 25ppg and we can win some games. I think having an Allstar already in place helps with getting PG to come.
RoyalPurple8
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:01 am    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
Bol wrote:

They don't have to mention him they could have sent him home but instead he's playing because they want to take a look at him. Sure Lebron is the target but if he doesn't come they will at least give IT an one year deal as long as he's not a disaster. To be honest I would like to keep him if he can avg 25ppg and we can win some games. I think having an Allstar already in place helps with getting PG to come.

Nobody really wants to play with IT imo. If he can lead us to the playoffs I think PG can look at that and say: If this guy can lead us to the playoffs he can. That is best case scenerio. I think we would have to promise George that he would be gone after next season. Its a dangerous game imo. I understand though, you only have so many options.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 100, 101, 102  Next
Page 31 of 102
Jump to: