Bryant & Zubac
Goto page 1, 2  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
LAKERMIKE2
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 26 Oct 2005
Posts: 1514
Location: Jack's Crib

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:06 pm    Post subject: Bryant & Zubac

Hey folks, I don't know bout rest of you? Seems majority of this board believes we are getting LBJ & PG13, but I have to wonder why Magic is so confident making these deals to CLEAR space ASSUMING either want or will come here even if Ball, Ingram & Kuzma are still here, it's not a winning formula or even more so NOT a GUARANTEE. Losing young talent let's say Clarkson. D-lo, Nance, probably Randle is a disaster on assumption. I said it before I don't want LBJ because of mileage on legs, his best is behind him & hasn't this organization learned anything paying or acquiring older players like Kobe's last 2 years at 25 mill, Nash fiasco or Dwight's joke of being a Laker. I highly doubt PG13 will come either because his chances are better with Westbrook.

Which brings me to Bryant & Zubac, these kids should be playing expecially the way this roster has been handled this year (benching Randle now picking up IT). We have to know which one or both can do against the big men in league, Bryant is a man child who has developed a 3 pt shot ( I'd much rather have him throwing up 3's than Lopez's green light which is a totally different joke). Zubac is another kid who has game but needs to be played, he got minutes last year & looked good, not sure why he's not being played? Bryant or Zubac have a future with this team, hopefully both if Randle leaves Bryant can eventually take over PF spot, but Jules can dribble much better. Zubac is a nice post up, pick & roll kid who can be better than Divac in future.One of these kids should be getting 10 minutes per game!

I'm wondering if Luke's hands are tied because Magic has complete control, Rob's title of GM is just that a title, Magic is doing all the moves & thinking. Well, I can only say if we continue to give up on young drafted talent for a pipe dream & having to do it all over again 4-5 yrs later, it's not patience it's desperation!!! I reiterate go after the free agents hitting their prime not on down hill of it...
_________________
My Laker squad.
Mr. Clutch, Nixon, Eddie, Magic, Kareem, Silk
Cooper, AC, Worthy, Horry, Shaq, Kobe.
HC: Riley


Last edited by LAKERMIKE2 on Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:54 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
818fan
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 08 Jan 2011
Posts: 2284

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:10 pm    Post subject:

I'm not too excited about Zu anymore but I really hope TB can finally get some run
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
AshesToAshes
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 20 Jun 2009
Posts: 4689

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:11 pm    Post subject:

Giannis
_________________
We're now watching Space Jam2.

It's only been one year since Jimbo?!?!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
sogood.
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 17 Oct 2015
Posts: 1421

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:12 pm    Post subject:

Based on the G-League games he's played, Bryant has trouble guarding his own shadow.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
governator
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 28 Jan 2006
Posts: 9186

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:13 pm    Post subject:

Hard to play them, Lopez/Randle... and prob Frye are still better than those 2
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LAKERMIKE2
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 26 Oct 2005
Posts: 1514
Location: Jack's Crib

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:18 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Hard to play them, Lopez/Randle... and prob Frye are still better than those 2


But, if they're not going to be in LA, why not develop one of them so he's ready for so called free agent signings? The way I figure it no matter the out come our own youth or free agents we need that big man to be capable to match up versus Embiid, etc...
_________________
My Laker squad.
Mr. Clutch, Nixon, Eddie, Magic, Kareem, Silk
Cooper, AC, Worthy, Horry, Shaq, Kobe.
HC: Riley
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
governator
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 28 Jan 2006
Posts: 9186

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:40 pm    Post subject:

LAKERMIKE2 wrote:
governator wrote:
Hard to play them, Lopez/Randle... and prob Frye are still better than those 2


But, if they're not going to be in LA, why not develop one of them so he's ready for so called free agent signings? The way I figure it no matter the out come our own youth or free agents we need that big man to be capable to match up versus Embiid, etc...

Maybe Frye gonna ride the bench... so maybe Zubac/T.Bryant taking Nance's minutes?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 28 Apr 2013
Posts: 12646
Location: Brazil

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:41 pm    Post subject:

No PT available for them.
_________________
SPEAK IT INTO EXISTENCE
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Jun 2006
Posts: 26647

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Bryant & Zubac

LAKERMIKE2 wrote:

Which brings me to Bryant & Zubac, these kids should be playing expecially the way this roster has been handled this year (benching Randle now picking up IT). We have to know which one or both can do against the big men in league, Bryant is a man child who has developed a 3 pt shot ( I'd much rather have him throwing up 3's than Lopez's green light which is a totally different joke). Zubac is another kid who has game but needs to be played, he got minutes last year & looked good, not sure why he's not being played? Bryant or Zubac have a future with this team, hopefully both if Randle leaves Bryant can eventually take over PF spot, but Jules can dribble much better. Zubac is a nice post up, pick & roll kid who can be better than Divac in future.One of these kids should be getting 10 minutes per game! .


They are a couple of second round picks who haven't been impressive in g league, and probably not in practice either. Their defense, in particular looks poor, and Z looks pretty slow. At this point, I doubt the Lakers consider either a part of the future.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Baron Von Humongous
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 02 Jul 2015
Posts: 15603

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Bryant & Zubac

activeverb wrote:
LAKERMIKE2 wrote:

Which brings me to Bryant & Zubac, these kids should be playing expecially the way this roster has been handled this year (benching Randle now picking up IT). We have to know which one or both can do against the big men in league, Bryant is a man child who has developed a 3 pt shot ( I'd much rather have him throwing up 3's than Lopez's green light which is a totally different joke). Zubac is another kid who has game but needs to be played, he got minutes last year & looked good, not sure why he's not being played? Bryant or Zubac have a future with this team, hopefully both if Randle leaves Bryant can eventually take over PF spot, but Jules can dribble much better. Zubac is a nice post up, pick & roll kid who can be better than Divac in future.One of these kids should be getting 10 minutes per game! .


They are a couple of second round picks who haven't been impressive in g league, and probably not in practice either. Their defense, in particular looks poor, and Z looks pretty slow. At this point, I doubt the Lakers consider either a part of the future.

Bryant has been based on the last time I looked at Cranjis' G-League CPOE data.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Baron Von Humongous
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 02 Jul 2015
Posts: 15603

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:54 pm    Post subject:

Zu doesn't seem to fit the team's plans - maybe they can offload him for a future 2nd and give him a chance to earn minutes in a new environment.

Bryant will have more of a shot next year, but he may always be limited by his lack of lateral quickness. We'll see if he can mitigate that weakness as he physically matures.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 17 Aug 2008
Posts: 10926
Location: Earth

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:01 pm    Post subject:

With regards to Zu, I think you always need a big guy that can block shots and provide 5-6 fouls when needed. As long as he's cheap, I'd keep him.
_________________
The move
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Fansince79
Rookie
Rookie


Joined: 07 Nov 2017
Posts: 20

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:06 pm    Post subject:

Yeah, I've been wondering about Zubac and Bryant for a while. The Lakers are now 22-31 but improving. Why not let them play more and built the chemistry if we are not going to keep Lopez or even Randle. Let's see how they go.

Last edited by Fansince79 on Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Agramer
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 10 Jul 2016
Posts: 115
Location: Zagreb, Croatia

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Bryant & Zubac

activeverb wrote:


They are a couple of second round picks who haven't been impressive in g league, and probably not in practice either. Their defense, in particular looks poor, and Z looks pretty slow. At this point, I doubt the Lakers consider either a part of the future.


have you even seen any South Bay Lakers games Zubac played recently? you probably haven't so your conclusions are faulty
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Fansince79
Rookie
Rookie


Joined: 07 Nov 2017
Posts: 20

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:25 pm    Post subject:

I like to keep young core players:

PG Ball
SG Hart
SF Ingram/Kuzma
PF Randle/Kuzma
C Zubac/Bryant

We need back-up PG and SG.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
lakerdynasty5.0
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 12 Jan 2009
Posts: 3838

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:29 pm    Post subject:

The Lakers ARE playing Bryant and Zubac, ..... with the "South Bay" team.
_________________
Starting Lakers Dynasty6.0! NOW!!
------
....." each year in Lakerland is marked by four seasons: Kobe’s Mad at His Teammates; Kobe’s Shooting Too Much; Kobe Leads the Victory Parade; Kobe Receives His Championship Ring."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
818fan
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 08 Jan 2011
Posts: 2284

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Bryant & Zubac

Agramer wrote:
activeverb wrote:


They are a couple of second round picks who haven't been impressive in g league, and probably not in practice either. Their defense, in particular looks poor, and Z looks pretty slow. At this point, I doubt the Lakers consider either a part of the future.


have you even seen any South Bay Lakers games Zubac played recently? you probably haven't so your conclusions are faulty

How has he looked in the G-League?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Agramer
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 10 Jul 2016
Posts: 115
Location: Zagreb, Croatia

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Bryant & Zubac

TrekLife wrote:
Agramer wrote:
activeverb wrote:


They are a couple of second round picks who haven't been impressive in g league, and probably not in practice either. Their defense, in particular looks poor, and Z looks pretty slow. At this point, I doubt the Lakers consider either a part of the future.


have you even seen any South Bay Lakers games Zubac played recently? you probably haven't so your conclusions are faulty

How has he looked in the G-League?



much more aggressive towards the basket, more diverse finishing, not only hooks , floaters or midrange jumpers, but dunks and alley-oops with more elevation than last season. he has 3pt range, he just doesn't shoot it much, unlike Bryant who has no restraints to pull the trigger. on defence he had games with 3-5 blocks , he fouls much less when going for the block than last season.

look in South Bay Lakers thread for links to his highlights video from last couple of games
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
PlantedTanks
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 01 Jul 2017
Posts: 752

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Bryant & Zubac

Agramer wrote:
TrekLife wrote:
Agramer wrote:
activeverb wrote:


They are a couple of second round picks who haven't been impressive in g league, and probably not in practice either. Their defense, in particular looks poor, and Z looks pretty slow. At this point, I doubt the Lakers consider either a part of the future.


have you even seen any South Bay Lakers games Zubac played recently? you probably haven't so your conclusions are faulty

How has he looked in the G-League?



much more aggressive towards the basket, more diverse finishing, not only hooks , floaters or midrange jumpers, but dunks and alley-oops with more elevation than last season. he has 3pt range, he just doesn't shoot it much, unlike Bryant who has no restraints to pull the trigger. on defence he had games with 3-5 blocks , he fouls much less when going for the block than last season.

look in South Bay Lakers thread for links to his highlights video from last couple of games


Zu's physical conditioning has significantly improved since summer league to the point he looks and moves better than anytime last year. In one of his highlight videos 2 or 3 games ago he took pass on the break in the lane and did a pretty impressive left handed slam.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
AFireInside619
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 11 Dec 2015
Posts: 5658
Location: San Diego, California

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:42 pm    Post subject:

The first twitter to response to Zu's crying emoji was "You're Next!"

😂😂😂
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Alpha
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 07 Jul 2002
Posts: 24802
Location: hawaii

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:11 pm    Post subject:

TrekLife wrote:
I'm not too excited about Zu anymore but I really hope TB can finally get some run
this
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Alpha
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 07 Jul 2002
Posts: 24802
Location: hawaii

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:14 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
The first twitter to response to Zu's crying emoji was "You're Next!"

😂😂😂
cold... but funny
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 10 Aug 2005
Posts: 10850

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:15 pm    Post subject:

LAKERMIKE2 wrote:
governator wrote:
Hard to play them, Lopez/Randle... and prob Frye are still better than those 2


But, if they're not going to be in LA, why not develop one of them so he's ready for so called free agent signings? The way I figure it no matter the out come our own youth or free agents we need that big man to be capable to match up versus Embiid, etc...


Because we want wins and playing them most likely would lead to losses. Zubac is trash btw
_________________
Coach: Luuuuuuuuuuuke
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
unleasHell
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 16 Apr 2001
Posts: 9214
Location: Stay Thirsty my Friends

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:32 pm    Post subject:

AshesToAshes wrote:
Giannis
That'll be $25,000 please...
_________________
Lakers Rebirth: 2018-19
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
PHILosophize
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 05 Nov 2012
Posts: 7692

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:15 pm    Post subject:

they're good practice fodder and that's about it
_________________
one dog goes that way the other dog goes the other way
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB