The “Laker hate” is really starting to bug me!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FanOfFour
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:33 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Mamba Mentality wrote:
32 wrote:
Add Tim Legler to the list.

Yeah. Up here in the Bay Area I listen to Tom Tolbert who hosts a radio show here and Tim Legler was talking mad ish. Basically saying that he doesn't know why media members assume FAs are going to the Lakers. He added that the media is highly exaggerating. Last point he made was saying that the Lakers young core was overrated

I get the FA part...can’t assume anything.

However, the lakers young core is overrated? That’s Legler with a lazy take, clearly doesn’t watch the games. The lakers core is not overrated, if anything Lonzo and Ingram are underrated. I watched a lot of young players and that’s such a comical take and really, really lazy. Other teams have nothing on the lakers young core, but to know that, these “experts” would need to watch the games going on around the league and not just GSW, Rockets or highlights of certain players.

Legler is the same ass wipe who not ONCE, not TWICE, BUT THREE TIMES picked against the Lakers to win the NBA title during the 3-peat seasons.
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:47 pm    Post subject:

Mamba Mentality wrote:
CervantesRises wrote:
danzag wrote:
OTOH, former players hate us because, at some point of their careers, the Lakers kicked their butts.

Barkley is a loser. Reggie Miller lost a championship to us. Jalen Rose also lost a title and got 81 dropped on his head a few years later.

And Harlem if you need a laugh...there's this olive joke from Kobe that never gets old.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTBs1rqLtSk

This will never get old!

Absolutely hilarious!!! And yes - a lot of the hate comes from a small, bitter group of players who share one trait in common, their dreams dashed against the cliffs of despair by the Lakers.
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:51 pm    Post subject:

Just wait until we sign PG and/or LeBron
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:05 pm    Post subject:

People dislike the Lakers for the same reasons people dislike the Patriots..

They root for winners to fail and the tire of greatness...
noahp45
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:08 pm    Post subject:

Everyone hates the Lakers
LakerDynasty6.0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:35 pm    Post subject:

Bring on the hate!

Happy to serve them crow, this summer, and soon, when we win #17

Meanwhile, i would like to suggest that we give Sir Charles a tiny bit of leeway... he's his own worst enemy.. he will surely be apoplectic when the next Laker Dynasty hits him in his rear!
Lakerfan 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:41 pm    Post subject:

I don't hear any hate from Reggie. He's a Laker fan boy from what I can see.
Trevacious2
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:10 pm    Post subject:

They’re so afraid of the inevitable rise and return, and they’ll keep on yapping against the reality of it while it’s happening. It’s kinda gratifying.
Jellojigglin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:17 am    Post subject:

I agree with the take that Laker hate is louder then normal in the media. It's also because today we have more sources that can be searched on and consumed. The large dimension of Laker hate in the media is real though when you look for it. I would also say the fan base for the Laker team has grown and is more positive then in many years too.

The main theory I have had recently on Laker hate amplitude is the threat the storied franchise poses to the East. Think of Kobe Bryant being courted to join the Celtics 8 years ago. Can you imagine how outraged west coast fans would be? If Lebron James moves in the off season to any western conference team it will be a huge disruption to east coast basketball.

The other factor right now is Cavs, Philly and New York basketball is in complete chaos with little improvement this year. East coast hoop writers and journalists are very jealous of Houston,GSW,Spurs and Lakers

Media outlets have moved from Bristol
Networks like ESPN have setup large broadcasting operations in Downtown Los Angeles. Other sports networks are in El Segundo doing podcasts and sports interviews. You are also seeing prominent broadcasters that were former victims of the Lakers on the court not just as fans.

Internet Data Sources
Amateur basketball GMs have risen discussing the game business rather then watching it. I always laugh at Basketball experts that don't watch games at all it surprises me how little most former NBA players know about current teams.

TNT Panel - Charles Barkley has probably watched 4 Laker games this year. He knows nothing about the team and doesn't care. He is upset the Suns are broken and falling out of the playoffs with his 76ers. Shaquille knows a little more but never wants to fight with the others. I've heard him say trade everyone on the Laker team except maybe 4 players. Kenny the Jet is a Houston Rocket that hates the Lakers. Ernie is waiting for the Atlanta Hawks to be relevant again.

- Jalen Rose- Had Kobe hang 81 points on him as a Raptor... He has always hated the Lakers.

- Reggie Miller - I'm sure he prides himself on Riverside but his legacy is a Indiana Pacer. AKA huge East coast basketball homer.. So the idea that The Lakers sign a former Pacer superstar to a max contract must irk him. He was never accepted by the Lakers and has always been a hater.

- Steven A Smith - Knick fan and jealous hater of all things West Coast even though he lives here and tries to suck up on the radio.

- Chris Broussard - Hearing him elevate Larry Nance Jr. this week to being the answer for the Cavs defensively made me cringe. Larry Nance Jr is a matador on defense he has struggled all year. Let's not forget his injuries and mediocre mid range game.
CityofChampions
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:27 am    Post subject:

O.P. your post is very spot on. I had a conversation with my cousin to whom is a Clipper fan last night about how the media is really trying to convince everyone that the Cavs new core is so great and turn around and say, "why would Lebron go to the young lakers" when the irony is two of the new pieces they got were BENCH PLAYERS on the Lakers! Now Jordan Clarkson is a star and Larry Nance is such a talented big man in the media hahaha. My cousin is a Clipper fan like I mentioned and he even admitted that the Lakers team is better than Cleveland without Lebron right now if we had Paul George as well it's not even close.

This whole process has shown me just how many of these retired basketball "analysts " dont know what they are talking about and neither do all these writers turned reporters.

The beauty of the game is that ultimately it doesn't matter what the analyst say the players are in the court and they see it in their face. You think PG after that whooping the other night said to himself, "man these youngsters suck Lakers pieces aren't as good as mine here" when he basically had a full team san's Westbrook (which is a big deal he is the soul of that team ) and Carmelo (is terrible now amd Julius should be fighting assault charges after the way he abused him last week)

We good man. This young core is really ahead of schedule.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:18 am    Post subject:

Chuck said, "I dow'n think day attractive at all." He still thinks this is the Jimbo vs Jeanie + weird as a serial killer Mitch + no analytics + no proof of a good scouting dept + "But look at our 16 trophies!" Lakers. He thinks Brawn would get the same comical pitch that LMA got. That's just because Chuck pays zero attention to the NBA and is there to do things like look orgasmic while eating a Krispy Kreme, which is literally what he did after his standard diatribe about how the Lakers are no longer title contenders. He has no idea that the Lakers as they are now are no longer as feckless as they were over the last 4 years. Kenny and EJ had to remind him 2-3x that they won 11 of 15. That's the kind of thing they haven't done in years. Gray clouds are finally starting to pass. Just because he's too lazy to do his homework doesn't mean that FAs are.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:00 am    Post subject: Re: The “Laker hate” is really starting to bug me!!!

pio2u wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
Harlemlakerfan wrote:
Being a Lakers Fan for over 30 years, I have become accustomed to the hate and jealousy from fans of other teams, players around the league and media. Through our down years, I have expected and excepted the ridicule and the constant jokes because, with all of the success we’ve had, the haters love to kick us while we are down, I get it, but now it’s going too far!

To watch former players continue to bash us when we are clearly on the uptick. To flat out tell perspective free agents, on national TV, to not sign with us is becoming nauseating. I have never, in all of my years watching NBA basketball, seen anything like this! From Jalen Rose, to Chauncey Billiups to Reggie Miller to fat boy Charles Barkley and reporters like David Aldridge etc are basically pleading with guys to not sign with us. When has any team, that had free agent money, ever been faced with such hatred from the media? They down our young core, even though it’s proven itself to be as good or even better than any young core in the league. And unlike Philly, the Lakers accumulated their young core the right way. Not by throwing away seasons like Philly! Lebron should go to the Clippers, really? What The the he!! do the Clippers have! He should stay in Cleveland with all of these moves the Cavs have made.... really? So a young core of Rodney Hood, Clarkson, Nance and Hill, and a vet side kick of KLove is better than a young nucleus of Lonzo Ball ,Brandon Ingram, Kyle Kuzma, Julius Randle and Josh Hart with a potential sidekick of PG? FOH!!!!!

It seems like ever person that has a platform are using it to sway free agents from signing with us! Night after night, show after show, everybody putting their bid in! I usually don’t believe in Conspiracy Theories but it’s becoming painfully obvious that their is an agenda going around to do whatever it takes to make the Lakers look like an undesirable location. It’s really pissing the fu&$ off!!!!

Suck it up.

SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:03 am    Post subject:

Jellojigglin wrote:
I agree with the take that Laker hate is louder then normal in the media. It's also because today we have more sources that can be searched on and consumed. The large dimension of Laker hate in the media is real though when you look for it. I would also say the fan base for the Laker team has grown and is more positive then in many years too.

The main theory I have had recently on Laker hate amplitude is the threat the storied franchise poses to the East. Think of Kobe Bryant being courted to join the Celtics 8 years ago. Can you imagine how outraged west coast fans would be? If Lebron James moves in the off season to any western conference team it will be a huge disruption to east coast basketball.

The other factor right now is Cavs, Philly and New York basketball is in complete chaos with little improvement this year. East coast hoop writers and journalists are very jealous of Houston,GSW,Spurs and Lakers

Media outlets have moved from Bristol
Networks like ESPN have setup large broadcasting operations in Downtown Los Angeles. Other sports networks are in El Segundo doing podcasts and sports interviews. You are also seeing prominent broadcasters that were former victims of the Lakers on the court not just as fans.

Internet Data Sources
Amateur basketball GMs have risen discussing the game business rather then watching it. I always laugh at Basketball experts that don't watch games at all it surprises me how little most former NBA players know about current teams.

TNT Panel - Charles Barkley has probably watched 4 Laker games this year. He knows nothing about the team and doesn't care. He is upset the Suns are broken and falling out of the playoffs with his 76ers. Shaquille knows a little more but never wants to fight with the others. I've heard him say trade everyone on the Laker team except maybe 4 players. Kenny the Jet is a Houston Rocket that hates the Lakers. Ernie is waiting for the Atlanta Hawks to be relevant again.

- Jalen Rose- Had Kobe hang 81 points on him as a Raptor... He has always hated the Lakers.

- Reggie Miller - I'm sure he prides himself on Riverside but his legacy is a Indiana Pacer. AKA huge East coast basketball homer.. So the idea that The Lakers sign a former Pacer superstar to a max contract must irk him. He was never accepted by the Lakers and has always been a hater.

- Steven A Smith - Knick fan and jealous hater of all things West Coast even though he lives here and tries to suck up on the radio.

- Chris Broussard - Hearing him elevate Larry Nance Jr. this week to being the answer for the Cavs defensively made me cringe. Larry Nance Jr is a matador on defense he has struggled all year. Let's not forget his injuries and mediocre mid range game.

RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:33 am    Post subject:

I would love for Shaq to finish the job he started years ago and knock that fat fuuoocker Charles out. He is so jealous of all Lakers because dumbo couldn't win a championship.
blackmamba08
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:54 am    Post subject:

Dont worry man. Hate is good. It gives you motivation to work even better and to try to beat anyone. Also it means that you are doing the things in right way and that you are making progress.
When I am listening to idiot Barkley you can see easily how jealous he is for the Lakers as its sad in post before. You can sense in his voice. Guy without ring speaking about the best franchise ever. He is trying to make us ridiculous every time. Why. Because he is afraid that he is going to watch us on the top really soon.
So happy to see us making progress just because of these idiots.
Matajotos
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:59 am    Post subject:

Mayweather thought about this. It's why he's the most paid boxer ever.

He changed his name from Pretty Boy Floyd to Money Mayweather and when that happened the whole perception changed. He became the villain that everyone bought his fight hoping to see fail.

Point being he made more money from haters then fans
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:19 am    Post subject: Re: The “Laker hate” is really starting to bug me!!!

Harlemlakerfan wrote:
Being a Lakers Fan for over 30 years, I have become accustomed to the hate and jealousy from fans of other teams, players around the league and media. Through our down years, I have expected and excepted the ridicule and the constant jokes because, with all of the success we’ve had, the haters love to kick us while we are down, I get it, but now it’s going too far!

To watch former players continue to bash us when we are clearly on the uptick. To flat out tell perspective free agents, on national TV, to not sign with us is becoming nauseating. I have never, in all of my years watching NBA basketball, seen anything like this! From Jalen Rose, to Chauncey Billiups to Reggie Miller to fat boy Charles Barkley and reporters like David Aldridge etc are basically pleading with guys to not sign with us. When has any team, that had free agent money, ever been faced with such hatred from the media? They down our young core, even though it’s proven itself to be as good or even better than any young core in the league. And unlike Philly, the Lakers accumulated their young core the right way. Not by throwing away seasons like Philly! Lebron should go to the Clippers, really? What The the he!! do the Clippers have! He should stay in Cleveland with all of these moves the Cavs have made.... really? So a young core of Rodney Hood, Clarkson, Nance and Hill, and a vet side kick of KLove is better than a young nucleus of Lonzo Ball ,Brandon Ingram, Kyle Kuzma, Julius Randle and Josh Hart with a potential sidekick of PG? FOH!!!!!

It seems like ever person that has a platform are using it to sway free agents from signing with us! Night after night, show after show, everybody putting their bid in! I usually don’t believe in Conspiracy Theories but it’s becoming painfully obvious that their is an agenda going around to do whatever it takes to make the Lakers look like an undesirable location. It’s really pissing the fu&$ off!!!!

Bro I'm from NY like you so you know I hear it on the radio daily.
Harlemlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:47 am    Post subject:

Matajotos wrote:
Mayweather thought about this. It's why he's the most paid boxer ever.

He changed his name from Pretty Boy Floyd to Money Mayweather and when that happened the whole perception changed. He became the villain that everyone bought his fight hoping to see fail.

Point being he made more money from haters then fans

I feel you on this. Good point.
Fortysixn2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:43 am    Post subject:

Yeah, the media guys who are just analysts....SAS, Chuck, Jalen...don’t watch the games. They all love the narrative that our FO is incompetent and that after years of crushing them, we are at the bottom and will never come up because of various reasons.

I mean, their narrative still is that Lonzo is a bad defender....if they had watched our games they would know that he’s a really good defender, borderline elite actually.

It’s all good, NBA FA’s know what’s up....they play against us and they have a tight fraternity. That chatter is really for your average fan in Boston (who they love) or New York or Indiana so that they can feel better about their franchise.

Nobody talks much about Dallas, cuz they really are bad with no real roadmap to get back to the top. When they talk about you, they’re scared.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:34 am    Post subject:

Fortysixn2 wrote:
Yeah, the media guys who are just analysts....SAS, Chuck, Jalen...don’t watch the games. They all love the narrative that our FO is incompetent and that after years of crushing them, we are at the bottom and will never come up because of various reasons.

I mean, their narrative still is that Lonzo is a bad defender....if they had watched our games they would know that he’s a really good defender, borderline elite actually.

It’s all good, NBA FA’s know what’s up....they play against us and they have a tight fraternity. That chatter is really for your average fan in Boston (who they love) or New York or Indiana so that they can feel better about their franchise.

Nobody talks much about Dallas, cuz they really are bad with no real roadmap to get back to the top. When they talk about you, they’re scared.

Steven A only bashed Mitch and Jimmy he was on Her side and says reporting for the Lakers is his dream job.
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:36 am    Post subject:

On the flip side, Paul Pierce is a Laker homer.
DrumR
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:21 am    Post subject:

Barkley doesn't even attempt to analyze us fairly. Sucks I used to love inside the NBA but if you even mention the Lakers he immediately goes on a rant. Didn't even know we'd been on a winning streak and didn't care. He's a joke.
Vin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:33 am    Post subject:

Embrace the hate my friend.
Team of the 80's
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:14 pm    Post subject:

DrumR wrote:
Barkley doesn't even attempt to analyze us fairly. Sucks I used to love inside the NBA but if you even mention the Lakers he immediately goes on a rant. Didn't even know we'd been on a winning streak and didn't care. He's a joke.

Exactly. There are several members of the the NBA media who say the same thing over and over again about the Lakers. NO matter how many good moves the FO makes. They can't accept that we are on our way back to the top.
Goldenwest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:22 pm    Post subject:

Barkley, Reggie Miller, Billups....we made life hell for these guys when they were playing, of course they will hate us (specially Reggie miller and sir Charles, who won nothing). And now they see us climbing back, they can’t stand it and are starting to get nervous - it’s great
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: