ACLU Successfully defends cop fired for Not shooting Black Person

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:18 am    Post subject: ACLU Successfully defends cop fired for Not shooting Black Person

Where would we be .. our humanity requires the brave people at the ACLU and all the others like it.
This story .. more and more and more unhuman? Behavior.. I shed a few tears reading this..

Quote:

In the case of the death at the hands of police of R.J. Williams, it all started with a domestic disturbance call by Williams’ girlfriend. Arriving first on the scene, Mader came upon Williams, who had his hands behind his back. The officer quickly asked Williams to show him his hands. Williams complied, revealing a gun. Immediately, Mader ordered Williams to drop his weapon. But Williams refused, repeatedly for Mader to “just shoot me.”

In that moment, Mader did not see a man with a gun. He saw a human being in crisis. Mader deduced that Williams was not what he might appear — a danger to others and to a responding officer alike. Mader saw that Williams was trying to commit “suicide by cop.”

Rather than shoot, Mader returned to his military training and attempted to de-escalate the situation. He softened his voice, looked Williams in the eye, and said, “I’m not going to shoot you, brother. I’m not going to shoot you.” With those words, Officer Mader connected to the humanity of Williams, a man in deep distress.

While Mader continued his attempt to convince Williams to drop his weapon, two other officers arrived on the scene. In a matter of seconds, one of the newly arrived officers fired four ......

https://www.aclu.org/blog/criminal-law-reform/reforming-police-practices/police-officer-wins-settlement-city-fired-him
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:20 pm    Post subject:

Odd, don't shoot a armed Black man, you get fired. Shoot a unarmed Black man, two weeks paid leave. WTH is wrong with this picture?

Mader is a officer seldom found on any police force. He doesn't have a shoot first attitude. He took a chance. That, to me, shows a man of calm. It's not something that can be taught.

The late arriving officer didn't fully understand the situation, he acted on impulse. He took the life of a person. I'd like to see his service record.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: