Official “ IT piss and moan fest “ Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Harlemlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:18 am    Post subject:

El Seano wrote:
Jesus this thread is some sad, pathetic (bleep). Get the (bleep) over yourselves. I've never seen this level of vitriol after one game ever. If he turns around and beasts it the rest of the way I hope you all have the good graces to not sit there cheering him on like you were always in approval.

He's a Laker and you're doing this (bleep) after one game.

Pathetic.

People have drunk the Kool Aid. They have fell for the "protect Lebron at all cost" movement. Everything that happened in Cleveland was IT fault, he can't play defense. Rose fault, he's washed up. Klove, he's not consistent. Or crowder, or JR etc.

Listen, we know IT is not a good defender. Never was, but if you watch him, it's not lack of effort, he just flat out too small to be a factor on that end. Rondo couldn't shoot, still was a factor in the game. Reddick and Korver can't defend or playmake for themselves. They still are factors.

This comes to coaching and putting in the proper schemes and philosophies that allow those players with deficiencies to play their games and hide their faults while taking advantage of what they do well. Last night, with zero practice time, Luke played IT too many minutes but, it's nothing to trip about. The team has 3 days off before the next game. They will be able to get some practice time and come up with a better way to hide his lack of defensive ability. And if it doesn't work out, we won't re-sign him. We are not committed to him long term so there is no reason to be "pissing and moaning". Everybody needs to chill.

Last edited by Harlemlakerfan on Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:25 am; edited 1 time in total
lounger
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:20 am    Post subject:

IG, you’ve outdone yourself with this thread.
HOF Rookie
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:45 am    Post subject:

Harlemlakerfan wrote:
El Seano wrote:
Jesus this thread is some sad, pathetic (bleep). Get the (bleep) over yourselves. I've never seen this level of vitriol after one game ever. If he turns around and beasts it the rest of the way I hope you all have the good graces to not sit there cheering him on like you were always in approval.

Pathetic.

People have drunk the Kool Aid. They have fell for the "protect Lebron at all cost" movement. Everything that happened in Cleveland was IT fault, he can't play defense. Rose fault, he's washed up. Klove, he's not consistent. Or crowder, or JR etc.

Listen, we know IT is not a good defender. Never was, but if you watch him, it's not lack of effort, he just flat out too small to be a factor on that end. Rondo couldn't shoot, still was a factor in the game. Reddick and Korver can't defend or playmake for themselves. They still are factors.

This comes to coaching and putting in the proper schemes and philosophies that allow those players with deficiencies to play their games and hide their faults while taking advantage of what they do well. Last night, with zero practice time, Luke played IT too many minutes but, it's nothing to trip about. The team has 3 days off before the next game. They will be able to get some practice time and come up with a better way to hide his lack of defensive ability. And if it doesn't work out, we won't re-sign him. We are not committed to him long term so there is no reason to be "pissing and moaning". Everybody needs to chill.

Not a luke thread, but he should have called him at 24 minutes. We win if hart is in there the last 4 minutes instead.

Yes, IT tried hard but in the end, I’d rather have a guy who barely tries and gets excellent results than someone who is trying but gets marginalized results.

We will have to see what the Celtics did to hide IT. It will take a heightened level of comminicatIon, effort, etc to account for him. He’s also gotta do his part and do things like re-route a cutter.
oaktown_dimond
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:53 am    Post subject:

About IT's defense... Is it solely about his height.. Or just heart on that side if the court?

I mean Muggsy was way shorter at 5'3" and he was a fricken pest on D.
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

IG is THE master troll of LG

nobody else even holds a candle
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

HOF Rookie wrote:
Harlemlakerfan wrote:
El Seano wrote:

Pathetic.

Not a luke thread, but he should have called him at 24 minutes. We win if hart is in there the last 4 minutes instead.

Yes, IT tried hard but in the end, I’d rather have a guy who barely tries and gets excellent results than someone who is trying but gets marginalized results.

We will have to see what the Celtics did to hide IT. It will take a heightened level of comminicatIon, effort, etc to account for him. He’s also gotta do his part and do things like re-route a cutter.

so we're still blaming IT for the teams poor defense?
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:00 am    Post subject:

Corpse of dirk dropped 22 and scrub powell had 19 yet it was all IT fault right
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:14 am    Post subject:

it was funny watching him guard Dirk .

https://sportsdaydfw.imgix.net/1518329301-Lakers-Mavericks-Basketball.jpg?q=50&auto=format&w=1000
HeatCandela
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:30 am    Post subject:

If this fool can’t be waived or bought out, can he be renounced as soon as the final buzzer of the last game sounds?
Harlemlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:42 am    Post subject:

HOF Rookie wrote:
Harlemlakerfan wrote:
El Seano wrote:

Pathetic.

I agree, the one mistake last night was Luke played him too many minutes and once he noticed how things were going, never made a change. Part that could be that when you have a new player coming in from another team where he faced constant ridicule about his defense, you tried to show him that you have faith in his abilities. I'm fine wth that for one night but going forward, that's not gonna fly. Luke is gonna have to come up with a better defensive plan or limit his minutes and bench him in critical, defensive moments.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:44 am    Post subject:

Thomas is gonna have a lot of good moments with this team, this is why I feel like the first game since the trade was just a omen for the team... I still think they will go on a good run to close the season.
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:03 am    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
HOF Rookie wrote:
Harlemlakerfan wrote:
El Seano wrote:

Pathetic.

so we're still blaming IT for the teams poor defense?

The trade removed the glue of the team's defense and replaced it with IT. The switching defense that had become so great to see and gave guys/teams fits, is now broken.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:04 am    Post subject:

If you are going to play an offensive powerhouse who has no D... you need to let him score to offset some of his weaknesses. He was actually being a good teammate and trying to find Randle and Kuzma inside instead of just shooting himself. This served to highlight his deficiencies without any of the offsetting benefit down the stretch.

So I say until Ingram takes over his future mantle as the go to crunch time player... let Isaiah shoot in the fourth quarter or don't play him at all. If he had gotten fouled like KCP... he would have made both his shots... little details like this matter. I'm sure Luke didn't want to piss the team off, and I'm sure he didn't want to start off on the wrong foot with Isaiah either... but I think with time he will find a balance. Would you play Lou Williams in the fourth, and tell him not to shoot? Either green light the guy... or let him sit.
Vanquish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:07 am    Post subject:

lakersboy wrote:

The trade removed the glue of the team's defense and replaced it with IT. The switching defense that had become so great to see and gave guys/teams fits, is now broken.

Agreed, we really missed Nance out there.
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:09 am    Post subject:

oaktown_dimond wrote:
About IT's defense... Is it solely about his height.. Or just heart on that side if the court?

I mean Muggsy was way shorter at 5'3" and he was a fricken pest on D.
Pick and roll wasn't a popular play back then. He always guarded the outside player when his man went inside. Also, he was so quick, pig's couldn't freely dribble without him taking the ball.
kobeandgary
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:11 am    Post subject:

I thought he played well and hit a lot of threes that we normally would brick. I don't think he got beat often, but I think guys helped for no reason and got burnt big time for it. I also thought Brandon Ingram was getting scored on consistently by players in position that had no business scoring on him. Randle looked god awful, throwing his body around and tossing up ridiculous shots.
kobeandgary
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:12 am    Post subject:

Harlemlakerfan wrote:
HOF Rookie wrote:
Harlemlakerfan wrote:
El Seano wrote:

Pathetic.

I agree, the one mistake last night was Luke played him too many minutes and once he noticed how things were going, never made a change. Part that could be that when you have a new player coming in from another team where he faced constant ridicule about his defense, you tried to show him that you have faith in his abilities. I'm fine wth that for one night but going forward, that's not gonna fly. Luke is gonna have to come up with a better defensive plan or limit his minutes and bench him in critical, defensive moments.

Seems like the Mavs seem to do the most damage with Thomas off the court. We got our biggest lead with him on the court and looked terrible in the third without him.
SOLakerFan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:21 am    Post subject:

On the bright side, having to adjust to IT’s defensive presence will give our team (and esp the young guys) lots of experience in playing a different defensive system than what we’re used to. We will have to practice fighting through screens instead of switching. And we’ll also practice double teams and recovering out of them. All good experience for situations down the road when we will have to deal with a team with a hot player or a real mismatch with one of our defenders.
HOF Rookie
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:27 am    Post subject:

Harlemlakerfan wrote:
HOF Rookie wrote:
Harlemlakerfan wrote:
El Seano wrote:

Pathetic.

ii see what you're saying, but i think luke would have had an easy out and said he just wanted to finish the game with guys who had been playing so well during the recent winning streak.

i've been particularly happy with luke lately, but last night was a head scratcher.
LakersRGolden
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:29 am    Post subject:

Are we sure it wasn't giving Junior's minutes to Kuzma that was the difference in our defense? That is where aot of the damage was done.
HOF Rookie
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:34 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
El Seano wrote:

Pathetic.
Agreed.
5 wasted pages that should be in the official IT thread. smh

in all fairness, many of us have seen him play more than 1 game. the concerns are legit. it's not like he's going to become an all league defender just because we are looking at a sample size of 1 laker game.
repandpresent
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:35 am    Post subject:

There were a lot of one on one plays. IT running into double teams and Randle trying to post up 2 players.

It seemed like a personal game to me, certain players had their own agendas. In the first half there were signs of cohesiveness. The ball wasn't sticking to anyone's hands.

It's one game, but I hope this isn't a precursor to what is to come.

Our defense wasn't there, they kept on going at IT, and help was slow to rotate.

I get it, he's short for an NBA player but damn, he has to try and box out. There were plays where yogi just walked passed him for the rebound.
€H£M£$TR¥
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:41 am    Post subject:

If there’s one year we can afford to be patient, it’s this one. We just have to focus on defense and th fast break, everything else will fall into place.
TheWave
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:44 am    Post subject:

When I saw Yogi Ferrell shooting over him like he wasn't even there. I realized it was going to be a long rest of the season
singlecamVTEC
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:47 am    Post subject:

Thread has so much concern for a dude that will be gone soon lol.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 6 of 9
Jump to: