LaVar Ball: Lonzo Ball won’t re-sign with Lakers unless they sign LiAngelo
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ShowtimeReturns
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:24 am    Post subject:

la4win wrote:
At this point, I wouldn’t be upset if Lakers trade Lonzo over the summer if they get decent return. We can’t be dealing with drama every time the loud mouth speaks. And from the look of it, nothing is going to stop him. Lonzo grow some ball and tell your dad to shut up if you want to have long lasting career.

I don't think the front office finds the Lavar situation amusing anymore it has become a serious distraction they may have to trade him.
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:37 am    Post subject:

deal wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
I'm happy to see a black man making it. A black man building a business. Sucks how many people wanna see this black man's downfall, especially black people.

I thought this site was about the Lakers not about the American
dream. I'd leave the race card for another conversation really. We
have lots of minority men and women in business that we could look up
to. Elder Ball, is not someone I'd personally want my kids to model their
lives after; that's me.

Again this site is not about race; it's a Laker site.

Lavar exists and profits becuase he understands what our society is...much the same way President Trump does...say outlandish things and you'll PT Barnum your way to extra commas in your bank account.

It's neither of their faults for the attention they get...that failure falls at our feet because we cant do something as simple as ignore crazy talkers.

I love what he does for his kids and all the reports of how good of a dad he has been. Dont like his methodology but to say it's less than brilliant is to grossly underestimate him.

I agree that this is a Laker site and have no problem with a brother being proud of another brother...but can we all agree that Lavar is not Laker related and lock any threads that quote him?

Anyone else down for a thread lock?

#BannersOverBillboards
70sdude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:40 am    Post subject:

LuciusAllen wrote:
Ultimately, it doesn't matter what he wants, if his 2 other boys aren't NBA caliber. Which they may not be (and I'm trying to be kind here).

This is on-point, that is, unless his son Lonzo is his complete puppet, and I doubt Lonzo is subservient to that extent.

A serious NBA player won't risk and redesign his entire professional career arc to make way for unqualified talent.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:42 am    Post subject:

I don’t know if Kerr was trying to troll a bit or was trying to have fun with his team, but this is the kind of stuff that makes people say “See Lavar is right again, anyone can coach the warriors.”

https://twitter.com/lakeshowyo/status/963276377486016512

Jared Dudley and the suns weren’t happy about it and they shouldn’t be...but they can control it by not getting their ass kicked and gain respect.
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:42 am    Post subject:

I don't think the Laker organization wants to make any basketball decision based on LaVar. If free agents are dissuaded from coming to the Lakers then it becomes a huge hurdle to Lonzo's career, and it would be a tremendous shame because the Lakers see him as a cornerstone of their future success. I don't think the Lakers are ready to concede on this yet. And I hope free agents aren't ready to let Lavar affect their choices either.

Shame on LaVar for putting the Lakers in this kind of position though. He's in a world of his own, and trying his hardest to put himself on top. He doesn't care who he hurts in the process. Not even his own kids. No empathy. Seeks attention for himself at any cost. He believes his own lies. Lavar is a sociopath.
laker50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:18 am    Post subject:

Is LaVar a comic book character?
Whatever the case he may have serious mental
health issues.
He is destroying his son's futures. Maybe he is trying to
do good, but he is causing more harm than good now.
Sometimes it is better to just let them grow and learn on
their own as I have learnt.
I have never seen anyone like LaVar.
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:28 am    Post subject:

Lonzo needs to man up and publicly shut down his dad. He needs to at least say on twitter that his dad's not talking for him, and that he wants to play here his entire career.
trablos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:36 am    Post subject:

leor_77 wrote:
Lonzo needs to man up and publicly shut down his dad. He needs to at least say on twitter that his dad's not talking for him, and that he wants to play here his entire career.

No, even with these recent comments from Lavar, there's two scenarious:

1) Lavar is talking big like he always does, and when it comes time to extend Zo, he will do whatever he wants and this will be nothing but a snippet in our memories.

2) Zo actually agrees with Lavar and won't resign unless we sign his brothers, in which case we don't need a guy who's this mentally soft and figure out a nice trade package for him.

Which scenario seems more likely?
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:36 am    Post subject:

He belongs in the pro wrestling, not the NBA. He's a clown.

I would love to see Lonzo tell his dad publicly to shut his stupid pie hole at some point. That would be wonderful.

laker50 wrote:
health issues.
Vanquish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:45 am    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
He belongs in the pro wrestling, not the NBA. He's a clown.

I would love to see Lonzo tell his dad publicly to shut his stupid pie hole at some point. That would be wonderful.

laker50 wrote:
health issues.

He did actually appear on an episode of WWE Raw. The kicker was that he and his sons were too controversial even for wrestling. WWE had to send in a wrestler early to interrupt their speech - which had gone off script - for fear of viewer backlash.

So as for wrestling, Lavar has been there done that.

Last edited by Vanquish on Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:46 am; edited 1 time in total
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:45 am    Post subject:

trablos wrote:
leor_77 wrote:

1) Lavar is talking big like he always does, and when it comes time to extend Zo, he will do whatever he wants and this will be nothing but a snippet in our memories.

2) Zo actually agrees with Lavar and won't resign unless we sign his brothers, in which case we don't need a guy who's this mentally soft and figure out a nice trade package for him.

It doesn't matter which scenario is more likely, the biggest issue is that big name free agents are seeing this and will be turned off to coming here.
Vanquish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:49 am    Post subject:

Last edited by Vanquish on Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:52 am    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
I'm happy to see a black man making it. A black man building a business. Sucks how many people wanna see this black man's downfall, especially black people.

Would you be happy to see a couple more qualified black men NOT get a chance in the NBA because LaVar is trying to force a team into signing his sons instead?

LaVar is all about himself. He's not on anyone else's team.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:59 am    Post subject:

leor_77 wrote:
trablos wrote:
leor_77 wrote:

It doesn't matter which scenario is more likely, the biggest issue is that big name free agents are seeing this and will be turned off to coming here.

Why would this even be a blip on their radar? Lavar is a blowhard. The only guy that actually matters is Lonzo, and they (and the Lakers FO and players) can talk to Lonzo directly and not have to wait for some public comment from Lonzo through the media. More important than anything else is Lonzo’s game, which has been good and a brand of ball that people want to play with, and his health, which has unfortunately been questionable.
ElginBaylor
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:02 am    Post subject:

Lavar should run for president, where apparently you can say whatever the f#$@k you want without regard to reality.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:43 am    Post subject:

I guess he thinks LiAngelo won't be drafted...
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:43 am    Post subject:

Trade Lonzo as soon as we get a decent deal. We can't have Lavar mouthing off like this in the future. Imagine we keep Lonzo for 15 years and we have to deal with his dad's loud mouth like this all the time. Lonzo would have to like Mike in order for it to be worth it.

We have positioned ourselves to building a championship caliber team next year so we definitely cannot afford this type of distraction. We're gonna be in a world of hurt every time we go a minor losing streak and the Lavar is gonna come out and takes it on the coach or a random player.

We CANNOT ask him to change because it's not possible. He is what he is. Whatever conversation Magic and Rob had with him apparently fell on deaf ears. We either have to put up with it or we deal with him. Lonzo's trade value might be really low right now because no GM in his right mind will want to come close to Lavar. We have to wait until Lonzo becomes a bit better then trade him.
Wilkes52
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:50 am    Post subject:

^ "We can't have Lavar mouthing off like this in the future."

Explain that part to me. Why should we care what Lavar says at all ?

Haven't most people already discounted his braying immediately after his proclamation about beating MJ one-on-one, etc. ? The man will say anything to get attention and does. Ignore him. The silence crushes guys like that.

Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
Ujah's Goat
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:11 am    Post subject:

Trade Lonzo for ??? and start BI at point.
CHRISTYLE70
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:14 am    Post subject:

Wilkes52 wrote:
^ "We can't have Lavar mouthing off like this in the future."

Explain that part to me. Why should we care what Lavar says at all ?

Haven't most people already discounted his braying immediately after his proclamation about beating MJ one-on-one, etc. ? The man will say anything to get attention and does. Ignore him. The silence crushes guys like that.

Im surprised Laker fans panties get in a bunch so quickly over what Lavar says, who cares. This will be out of the media cycle in 3 days. It has no affect on what the Lakers are doing. Pro Players of any sport dont care or even listen to what a players Parents are saying. Lavar aint the first parent thats loud he just happens to be the first that the media are exploiting for clicks. This is a non story. The timeline doesnt even match up. Lonzo will still be under contract when he thinks he can not re sign so what are people even concerned about its Lavar being Lavar move on nothing to see here.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:15 am    Post subject:

Buck32 wrote:
Hindsight is 20/20 but maybe it was not worth it to draft Lonzo w/ the no. 2 pick considering the extra baggage that is his loudmouth dad. Of course the Lakers could've ended up getting Fultz, which arguably is a worse pick. Or did the Lakers had another choice if they did'nt get Lonzo? Jayson Tatum or Fox?
I don't expect that anyone from this year's class will lead the team to it's next title anyway, it would be an established superstar who'd do that.
what extra baggage? that baggage that fans create in their minds?

Lavar made a statement about the lakers when they were on a serious losing streak saying they didnt want to play for their coach and how he used to ask his own sons that when they had bad losses"do yall still want to play for me, cause it doesnt look like it."

And the lakers have been balling ever since. So big mouth and all. the lakers have been doing well. So either that big mouth does have a positive affect on the lakers, or that big mouth has NO affect on the lakers. either choice = he's not affecting the situation negatively like you think he is.
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:17 am    Post subject:

LaMelo will be a good scorer. He has NBA potential. The middle one is a bust, barely even G League material. Anyways, 80% of the stuff that comes out of Lavar's mouth is pure BS for marketing purposes.
SpunkieLakerCat
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:20 am    Post subject:

I wonder if Lavar is doing this to defect from the fact the Lakers are playing better without Lonzo. in any event his act is old and harmful to his son's NBA future.

Coach Wooden

Last edited by SpunkieLakerCat on Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:27 am; edited 1 time in total
foshowtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:24 am    Post subject:

Bard207 wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Donovan Mitchell for Lonzo? Who’s in?

I don't see Utah as being in on that trade. Their fanbase is happy with Mitchell.

Yeah. Because thats the type of move that has Jerry West written all over it lol
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:25 am    Post subject:

VicXLakers wrote:
I guess he thinks LiAngelo won't be drafted...
Lavar has said that himself that Gelo would be the one that wasnt a one and done player and might not make it to the league.

out of his own mouth. lol.

this is why its funny that you guys get all hot and bothered over him making this last statement.

now truth is. Gelo can score the ball and he can shoot very well. the combination of those two things means, if he works hard enough. he could be a shooter/scorer off the bench on some nba team. there are a lot of guys like this in the nba. lets not act like this aint the case. lets not act like all 15 guys on the roster are stars. they're not. yes they are better then your average player. But so is the ball kids. people forget.

Gelo lead the state of california in scoring in highschool. that means he's a natural scorer. if he has the work ethic and desire to be good. He will be(barring injury). if he doesnt. he wont. and this will be the end of the road for him and hoop.

Quote:
Ball played basketball at Chino Hills High School in Chino Hills, California, where he would play with his older brother, Lonzo Ball, during his first three years of high school. As a sophomore in 2014-15, he helped guide Chino Hills to the CIF Division I state title game. During his junior year, he averaged a team-leading 27.4 points per game, helping Chino Hills post a perfect 35-0 record, culminating in the 2016 CIF State Open Division Championship, and the Huskies were ranked the consensus No. 1 team in the nation. His younger brother, freshman LaMelo, was also on the team as well as cousin Andre Ball. They would both be on the team for his senior season.

For Ball's senior season, Chino Hills lost top player Lonzo Ball and coach Steve Baik. Ball averaged 33.8 points per game, helped lead his high school program to a 30-3 record and advanced to the 2017 CIF Southern Section Open Division semifinals. His senior season was highlighted by multiple high-scoring efforts, including a 72-point performance in a victory over Rancho Christian, one night after scoring 56 points in a 32-point win against Orange Lutheran, also had single-game point totals of 65, 60 and 52 (twice) for Chino Hills. He was named to the CIF Southern Section All-Open Division TeamAll-Area Team, first-team All-State selection in California by MaxPreps.com and an honorable mention All-America selection by MaxPreps.com, and he secured All-Area Player of the Year acclaim from the San Bernardino Sun and the Inland Daily Bulletin.

dont sleep on the middle ball. he can score for real. lou williams the guy we know today as sweet lou was just like gelo... a natural scorer in highschool, got into the league and found his niche. scoring. so its not like its impossible people. just because you hate lavar dont make that make you blind about reality when evaluating his kids.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 10 of 13
Jump to: