Sir Charles & TNT Gang Says There Are No Superstars On Our Team
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:30 am    Post subject:

I don’t watch Sir Charles and the TNT gang, but we have no superstars on our team, whatever that means. That is why we are rebuilding.
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:34 am    Post subject:

PHILosophize wrote:
RI Laker wrote:
PHILosophize wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
Ingram has gone from 9 to 16 points a game... 40 to 46% shooting... 29 to 38% 3pt shooting, almost doubled his assists.

What in your minds constitutes a leap?

Some of you remind me of those helicopter parents who send their children to bed without dinner because they got one B on a quiz.

That seems like a bad idea. If the kid is starving he/she probably won't do too well on their homework that night and that will just add to the poor grades.

Bro,

More snow here. How about for you?

NICE! How many inches are you at for the year? Still only 7 so far here which is far below average

We are pushing 3 feet. Crazy weather here. Got about 6 inches yesterday and its going to hit 60 degrees tomorrow.
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:34 am    Post subject:

PHILosophize wrote:
RI Laker wrote:
PHILosophize wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
Ingram has gone from 9 to 16 points a game... 40 to 46% shooting... 29 to 38% 3pt shooting, almost doubled his assists.

Some of you remind me of those helicopter parents who send their children to bed without dinner because they got one B on a quiz.

That seems like a bad idea. If the kid is starving he/she probably won't do too well on their homework that night and that will just add to the poor grades.

Bro,

More snow here. How about for you?

NICE! How many inches are you at for the year? Still only 7 so far here which is far below average

March is typically the snowiest month here and April (May on the rarest of occasions) can have a decent amount as well. I'm hoping for some big storms
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:37 am    Post subject:

Hopefully, you guys get crushed a few times.
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:40 am    Post subject:

Same kind of crazy weather here! Yesterday it was like 65 and right now it is 15 with snow showers.
Threatt_Level
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:23 pm    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:

He has to finish the season like he's been playing since January. He was awful up until January. If he keeps up what he's done, then it's fair to say he has taken a leap.
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:25 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
I don’t watch Sir Charles and the TNT gang, but we have no superstars on our team, whatever that means. That is why we are rebuilding.

Correct. Don't see the controversy at all...for once
Charles is correct.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:46 pm    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:

No, that's not a leap. That's just linear progression from the rookie year to the sophomore year. If a one-and-done rookie does not make that kind of improvement in his second season, he's probably a bust. Take a look at Jaylen Brown and Kris Dunn (especially on a per 36 minute basis, which accounts for the differences in playing time) and you will see similar improvement. (I chose those two players because they are one-and-dones who were picked in the draft shortly after Ingram.)

A leap means more than just an improvement in stats. It means growing into a different caliber of player. It means that the player has added something new and significant to his game. It means changing the way that everyone looks at the player.

Right now, Ingram is on track to be a good player, maybe a borderline all star. But at the moment, he is still a below average player by any reasonable metric. His PER is under 15, and his ORPM and DRPM are both negative. He is getting better, but the progression is what I call linear -- I mean that it is following the typical progression pattern for a one-and-done. He will need to make a genuine leap to be on track for genuine stardom.

I'm not saying that he can't do it. I'm saying he hasn't done it yet.
kevin61
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:29 am    Post subject:

Today, he’s right, so what.
BizLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:26 am    Post subject:

Threatt_Level wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

He has to finish the season like he's been playing since January. He was awful up until January. If he keeps up what he's done, then it's fair to say he has taken a leap.

Big lie.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7
Jump to: