Sir Charles & TNT Gang Says There Are No Superstars On Our Team
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:51 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
I do think for the next 2-3 years, we have some very nice players who can help out current-stars.

Just look at how rejuvenated LBJ looked with 25 year old JC/Hood, Nance.

You don't think that Lonzo/BI/Kuz/Hart, plus another max FA is better than that?

The Cav's rocked the Celtics and those player you mentioned added
to LBJ energy, I saw the game.

From what we've heard Bryant belongs in our mix as well. We just
need to add a couple of Batmen because we have lost of pieces to
surround them.

Hopefully we get two in 2018 FA or one and one 2018 & 19.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:53 am    Post subject:

When you say superstar, not all-star, there are only a few in the league.
LBJ
Durant
Curry
Anthony Davis
Harden
Leonard
Kyrie
Russ
Others scratching the surface KAT, Butler, Lillard, CP3, PG13, DeRozan, Greek Freak, just to name a few. So looking at these players then I would agree with Charles at this moment we don't have any guys that could be superstars. But most of our guys are 3 years and below, so they can still develop and possibly prove they are superstars in the making. But right now I would say no.
Aike
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:56 am    Post subject:

Staccatos wrote:
Define superstar.

I'd say top 5 players in the NBA. Players you can build a championship team around. Not just an all star, not just all-nba, but someone getting legitimate consideration for league MVP.

So I'd say: Harden, Giannis, Curry, LeBron and Durant are superstars. Borderline CP3, Anthony Davis, Westbrook.

So yeah, no the Lakers don't have any superstars.

I'm not buying that AD and Westbrook are a tier below. Didn't Westbrook just average a triple double and win MVP last season?

AD I could maybe agree with just for injury reasons, not talent.
pmacla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:59 am    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
LBJ
Durant
Curry
Anthony Davis
Harden
Leonard
Kyrie
Russ
Others scratching the surface KAT, Butler, Lillard, CP3, PG13, DeRozan, Greek Freak, just to name a few. So looking at these players then I would agree with Charles at this moment we don't have any guys that could be superstars. But most of our guys are 3 years and below, so they can still develop and possibly prove they are superstars in the making. But right now I would say no.

and on that list only 2 guys LBJ and Durant where pegged for superstardom before the end of their 2nd year

our guys are so young and they play a system that emphasizes to share the ball so they dont put up the individual stats that "ANALysts" like the TNT guys who only look at boxscores to determine who a superstar is
Buck32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:30 am    Post subject:

At this moment the Lakers don't have a superstar. Hopefully next season they will have one or 2.
The last champion I can remember without a real superstar were the 2003-04 Pistons.
They had 2 fringe "stars" in Chauncy and Rip, and 2 defensive stoppers in Ben en Tayshaun.
The Laker youngsters are at least 2 years away from being contributors to a championship team, but without an established star they're 1st round fodder even if they do make the playoffs.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:37 am    Post subject:

pmacla wrote:
King Randle wrote:
LBJ
Durant
Curry
Anthony Davis
Harden
Leonard
Kyrie
Russ

and on that list only 2 guys LBJ and Durant where pegged for superstardom before the end of their 2nd year

our guys are so young and they play a system that emphasizes to share the ball so they dont put up the individual stats that "ANALysts" like the TNT guys who only look at boxscores to determine who a superstar is

Agreed. That's why it's too early to predict.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:41 am    Post subject:

What if they don't have a superstar? I'd rather win rings. If they can create a system sort of like the Warriors, or the Pistons of 04-05, where they were good, but not necessarily HOF players (maybe 'Sheed can be considered for HOF), and win rings, then I will be happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:01 am    Post subject:

pmacla wrote:
King Randle wrote:
LBJ
Durant
Curry
Anthony Davis
Harden
Leonard
Kyrie
Russ

What? Davis and Irving were #1 picks and were hyped from the minute they hit the league. You may be right on the others -- I don't specifically remember how they were rated at the end of their second years.
FreakofNature
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:15 am    Post subject:

I think we have a shot with BI becoming a top 15 level talent. Outside on him becoming top 7/8 a superstar level player. Ball I think can become an all-star, but low chance of top 7/8 type superstar talent.
Randle and Kuz I think can become all-stars, but fringe type all-stars more than likely. But if we get a top 15 level player out of these guys, and a top 25 level player, and two top 35 types along with two max guys like Bron/PG-13/Greek freak/Kawhi then the lakers will be sitting real pretty...
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:30 am    Post subject:

If there were, we wouldn't be 23-32 now, would we? Einstein.
Mamba Mentality
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:45 am    Post subject:

I don't see any problem with his take. We don't have any. Hell, we don't even have an All-Star.
Super Mega Team
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:58 am    Post subject:

We don't have any superstars.

Superstars are legit MVP candidates. You can say it's possible for Ingram/Ball to be candidates in several years, but they are still very far off. It would be their ceiling.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:03 am    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
If there were, we wouldn't be 23-32 now, would we? Einstein.

2nd year Durant with 1st year Westbrook 23-59
2nd year Ingram with 1st year Ball 23-32

Not saying anyone will equal those guys... but we can't yet see where they will end up.
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:05 am    Post subject:

if you look at things objectively I cant see how you can disagree.
A super star in the making would be guys like Towns, Embid, Porky, Simmons. Can anyone really say our players are really at that level.
That is not to say none of them cant possibly make a jump in progression into super star status though.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:08 am    Post subject:

How many 2nd/3rd yr players are better than our 2nd/3rd (or even rookies)?
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:10 am    Post subject:

What ticks me off is when IT was in Boston or Cleveland, he was lauded as a great player, now that he is a Laker, not so much..

Clarkson was disregarded much of the time when he is with the Lakers, now with the Cavs, he is a vital part of their championship run...

I wonder if we were suddenly part of the Eastern Conference, if we would be valued more by the media...
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:05 pm    Post subject:

These same guys think Kuzma is pour best player, and once proclaimed KAT to be the next Tim Duncan. Funny too how, early this season, Russel suddenlky became a decent prospect on Brooklyn after two years of hate. The Lakers have had the second best record in the league over the last month, yet barely a peep about how we have been doing it with such young seemingly no talent players. It's the joy of being a Laker fan. Never the underdog even when we are losong because the assumption still remains it wont last long so get in the hare while you can.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
Threatt_Level
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Sir Charles & TNT Gang Says There Are No Superstars On Our Team

A Mad Chinaman wrote:

Who could be our Superstar (not just an All-Star)

Randle - strong maybe

Ingram - strong possibility

Kuzma - strong possibility

Hart - strong maybe

Zubac - if so, could solve many problems

Bryant - if only he can come close to Embiid numbers, we would be set for years

None of the above. The only guy on our team that has real perennial All-Star/superstar potential is Lonzo. Ingram and Kuzma could possibly make it to an All-Star team or two, but I'd say that's generous and they'll be, at best, borderline All-Star/Hall of Very Good guys like Mike Conley.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:20 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
These same guys think Kuzma is pour best player, and once proclaimed KAT to be the next Tim Duncan. Funny too how, early this season, Russel suddenlky became a decent prospect on Brooklyn after two years of hate. The Lakers have had the second best record in the league over the last month, yet barely a peep about how we have been doing it with such young seemingly no talent players. It's the joy of being a Laker fan. Never the underdog even when we are losong because the assumption still remains it wont last long so get in the here while you can.

No doubt
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Sir Charles & TNT Gang Says There Are No Superstars On Our Team

Threatt_Level wrote:
A Mad Chinaman wrote:

Randle - strong maybe

Hart - strong maybe

None of the above. The only guy on our team that has real perennial All-Star/superstar potential is Lonzo. Ingram and Kuzma could possibly make it to an All-Star team or two, but I'd say that's generous and they'll be, at best, borderline All-Star/Hall of Very Good guys like Mike Conley.

And that's ok, imagine having 1 franchise player in Lonzo flanked by 2 all stars
Threatt_Level
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:23 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
These same guys think Kuzma is pour best player, and once proclaimed KAT to be the next Tim Duncan.

Anyone thinking Kuzma is our best player is just flat out wrong, but have you paid attention to what Towns is doing this year? KAT at 22 is playing as well as Duncan at 22 - not nearly as good defensively, but much better offensively.
LakersMDGurl
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:24 pm    Post subject:

I don't recall the Pistons having a super star when they beat the Lakers. All you need a good and established players. GSW had good young players, not really stars until they started winning. Chuck does not have a ring, he needs too kick rocks
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:24 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
How many 2nd/3rd yr players are better than our 2nd/3rd (or even rookies)?

From what I have seen, not many.

There aren’t a lot of (roughly) same age guys who are better than Lonzo, Ingram and Kuzma. It will just take some time for it to play out.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:28 pm    Post subject:

Didn't he say the same thing about the Warriors in 2012?
Threatt_Level
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Sir Charles & TNT Gang Says There Are No Superstars On Our Team

governator wrote:
Threatt_Level wrote:
A Mad Chinaman wrote:

Randle - strong maybe

Hart - strong maybe

And that's ok, imagine having 1 franchise player in Lonzo flanked by 2 all stars

Yeah, but Lonzo + 2 Mike-Conley-level guys don't get us to a championship. At best, we'll be what Memphis was a few years ago - a reliable tough 1st round/2nd-round out in the playoffs.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7
Jump to: