When your center takes more 3's than has rebounds.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:36 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:

Name a high volume 3pt shooting C that averages 10rpg.

DeMarcus Cousins.

The fact that it's just 1 guy, says a lot to me.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:40 pm    Post subject:

LAKERMIKE2 wrote:
Look at his career stats, he has shot over 50% entire career until he started jacking up 3's, now he's getting worst last yr 45% fg now to 43% & has abandoned low post I'd say about 85% of a game....

His FG% for 2 points shots is 51.4% and his effective FG% is 50.7% -- both of which are right about his career average.

LAKERMIKE2 wrote:
I'm just a little baffled on what the FO & coach are trying to accomplish rest of season. I think it's clear we're unlikely to make playoffs, so why not give the kids time to develop 10 minutes or so per game & alternate them.

Lopez is only playing 21.3 minutes per game, so there is plenty of time for other players. The most logical explanation for Bryant and Z not playing is they are a couple of 20-year-old second-round picks who, right now, aren't that good and may never be that good.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:09 pm    Post subject:

^Abandoning the post is a system thing.

Damn, I really should have written that bloody article.

Overall, abandoning the post has lowered his overall TS%, but there's no accounting for the raise in TS% for open driving lanes for other players to attack either.

Personally, I can't complain about Lopez. When his defense is bad, it takes a time out, a word from the coach, and all of a sudden he gets his swats in.

splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:26 pm    Post subject:

AirKobe8 wrote:
I think your logic is reverse. It's not that Brook is doing this and Luke is allowing him to. Luke is clearly telling him to do it, because that's what Luke's offense wants out of his center.

So it won't change.
you guys do realize that lopez is and has always been an AWFUL rebounder for a big even before the threes. he has always been allergic to rebounding. luke's offense and his new found 3 ball just gives him more of an excuse to be himself when it comes to a lack or rebounding.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:28 pm    Post subject:

My favorite thing is if Lopez gets more rebounds, it doesn't translate to Laker wins anyway.

Defensive effort of the entire team on the other hand...

splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:29 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
^Abandoning the post is a system thing.

Damn, I really should have written that bloody article.

Overall, abandoning the post has lowered his overall TS%, but there's no accounting for the raise in TS% for open driving lanes for other players to attack either.

Personally, I can't complain about Lopez. When his defense is bad, it takes a time out, a word from the coach, and all of a sudden he gets his swats in.

The truth is, if luke didnt have to babysit the young guys and teach them the game. We would use lopez in the post more often. not a ton but MORE OFTEN. Because when we do it at the proper rate, we will win those games. you have a guy thats 2 points or freethrows and he can shoot ft's. getting the opponent in foul trouble getting the team fouls up on your opponent to lessen their defensive intensity in that quarter. Then you mix it up and pick and pop. the lanes are not closed because a big is posting up above the box. its just less lanes to drive. you can drive from the weak side. you can hit a back cut if your defender is all in your jersey cause you can shoot(kuz). if they try to pack the paint when lopez turns towards the basket. he can pass well enough to hit the open cutter or open shooter or open ball handler who can reset the play and go from there.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:35 pm    Post subject:

Babysit?

The whole point of going away from the post is to get more PPP from the team as a whole, not specifically for Lopez.

#1 pace
#2 fast break points
#1 points in the paint
#10 free throw attempts (not bad with zero franchise players)

I don't even understand the premise tbh. The problem is defense when they lose. When they actually play real defense, they compete against the elite and even won a few.

SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:57 pm    Post subject:

lopez was brought here to shoot 3s. right before he came here, he was carrying the nets in the playoffs with his 3s, among other things.

btw, by adding IT to the team, very short, it's not going to make our rebounding any better. so these are the pros and cons of these trades.
BizLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:18 pm    Post subject: Re: When your center takes more 3's than has rebounds.

LAKERMIKE2 wrote:
Answer: Brook Lopez, I thought when we acquired him his low post moves & scoring what open up our 3 pt shooting for the team, NOT giving him the opportunity to jack up more 3's than any other player on our team.

Why does Luke ALLOW him to stand above the 3 pt line game in & game out just jacking up 3's? He doesn't even set picks for our players he just plants himself there. He does good damage when he posts down low & usually scores, seems like Luke has NOT told him to get his butt in the post & allow others to flow outside! Luke has to put a red light on Brook cause he is taking the MOST 3's every single game. Just irritates the heck out of me!!! Any time your center shoots more 3's than gets rebounds is VERY ALARMING & a recipe for losing!!!

Stretch 5.... floor spacing.

I actually don’t mind him shooting 3s, it just bothers me how inconsistent he is on wide open looks.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:42 pm    Post subject: Re: When your center takes more 3's than has rebounds.

LAKERMIKE2 wrote:
Answer: Brook Lopez, I thought when we acquired him his low post moves & scoring what open up our 3 pt shooting for the team, NOT giving him the opportunity to jack up more 3's than any other player on our team.

Why does Luke ALLOW him to stand above the 3 pt line game in & game out just jacking up 3's? He doesn't even set picks for our players he just plants himself there. He does good damage when he posts down low & usually scores, seems like Luke has NOT told him to get his butt in the post & allow others to flow outside! Luke has to put a red light on Brook cause he is taking the MOST 3's every single game. Just irritates the heck out of me!!! Any time your center shoots more 3's than gets rebounds is VERY ALARMING & a recipe for losing!!!

I agree 1000% percent and have been saying the same thing for months now...
JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:03 pm    Post subject:

0-0
JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:03 pm    Post subject:

bi2
JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:04 pm    Post subject:

woosy flop
JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:05 pm    Post subject:

bi coast to coast
LAKERMIKE2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:01 am    Post subject:

It was disappointing that Zubac outplayed Lopez vs KAT, 8 for 8 & 11 rebound, Zubac had no plays ran for him & blended in well with the flow of the offense. IMO, he should've finished the game, especially since T-Wolves turned up the defense (he could have exploited it better than Lopez option) & we had trouble getting off shots, plus the fact Randle gets no love from refs.

This is why we lose so many close games, the team doesn't know how to finish & we have no closer. I'd much rather sink or swim with the ball in BI's hand to drive or dish...
HC: Riley
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:05 am    Post subject:

LAKERMIKE2 wrote:
It was disappointing that Zubac outplayed Lopez vs KAT, 8 for 8 & 11 rebound, Zubac had no plays ran for him & blended in well with the flow of the offense. IMO, he should've finished the game, especially since T-Wolves turned up the defense (he could have exploited it better than Lopez option) & we had trouble getting off shots, plus the fact Randle gets no love from refs.

This is why we lose so many close games, the team doesn't know how to finish & we have no closer. I'd much rather sink or swim with the ball in BI's hand to drive or dish...

Where are BI's driving lanes if Zub is sitting in the paint?
LAKERMIKE2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:19 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
LAKERMIKE2 wrote:

PNR is one option, oh I guess that won't work without D-lo... LOL
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:26 am    Post subject:

LAKERMIKE2 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
LAKERMIKE2 wrote:

Pretty much sums up your ignorance here.
LAKERMIKE2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:48 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
LAKERMIKE2 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
LAKERMIKE2 wrote:

Dude, you started the BS, not sure what your problem is? It's alright for you to kid but when someone else does it, you become judgemental, what a piece work you are, so I call you a goofball or is jerk your prefered word, the end!
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:49 am    Post subject:

LAKERMIKE2 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
LAKERMIKE2 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
LAKERMIKE2 wrote:

Dude, you started the BS, not sure what your problem is? It's alright for you to kid but when someone else does it, you become judgemental, what a piece work you are, so I call you a goofball or is jerk your prefered word, the end!

I ask you a basketball question. You respond with a personal insult. Who is being judgmental and showing themselves to be a "piece of work?"
JerryMagicKobe

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:12 pm    Post subject:

ENOUGH OF THE PERSONAL STUFF. LET'S GET BACK ON TOIPC, PLEASE.
LAKERMIKE2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:22 pm    Post subject:

JerryMagicKobe wrote:
ENOUGH OF THE PERSONAL STUFF. LET'S GET BACK ON TOIPC, PLEASE.

EXACTLY!

LAKERMIKE2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:27 pm    Post subject:

I would like to see Zubac start at center & Bryant split entire 48 minutes & see what current team can do without Lopez even playing. A.K.A. Deng...

I bet one of them puts up better numbers than Lopez can... While rest of young guys run, play, defend & win without his not worth $20 million presence...
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:30 pm    Post subject:

LAKERMIKE2 wrote:
I would like to see Zubac start at center & Bryant split entire 48 minutes & see what current team can do without Lopez even playing. A.K.A. Deng...

I bet one of them puts up better numbers than Lopez can... While rest of young guys run, play, defend & win without his not worth $20 million presence...

Yet when this team was winning games, no one was pining for Zub/Bryant to play.

We lose 2 games and now we have a revelation about Brook?

I trust the coaching staff on who they think is more ready to contribute on a daily basis. Brook isn't perfect by any means, but this staff believes he is more ready to play on a daily basis. Would like to see more minutes for Zub/Bryant, but not playing Brook isn't happening.
LAKERMIKE2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:49 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
LAKERMIKE2 wrote:

Yet when this team was winning games, no one was pining for Zub/Bryant to play.

We lose 2 games and now we have a revelation about Brook?

I trust the coaching staff on who they think is more ready to contribute on a daily basis. Brook isn't perfect by any means, but this staff believes he is more ready to play on a daily basis. Would like to see more minutes for Zub/Bryant, but not playing Brook isn't happening.

I believe this teams winning streak was more contributed to Lonzo's absence, than anything Lopez had done during that streak!!!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3
Jump to: