The Josh Hart effect

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KobeDunk
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:09 am    Post subject: The Josh Hart effect

I'm really enjoying watching Josh Hart play, his level of maturity and development on the court speaks volumes about spending 4 years in college and learing how to play the right way.

With that said, he is a very good, if not borderline great perimter defender, I think it's vital for the Lakers to have him on the floor at all times with IT. What Luke should do is go back and look at how Boston utilized Marcus Smart in the back court with IT. Smart, similar to Hart is a great defender who masked and helped IT on his defensive shortcomings. I really think Hart can be even better than Smart because Josh is a better offensive player in addition to his great defense. Luke can really get the best of IT and make him look like he did in Boston if Hart plays next to him in the back court.
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:19 am    Post subject:

He's been playing really well. Another late first/second round steal.
jjangx27
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:31 am    Post subject:

props once again to Jesse Buss and company
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:48 am    Post subject: Re: The Josh Hart effect

KobeDunk wrote:
I'm really enjoying watching Josh Hart play, his level of maturity and development on the court speaks volumes about spending 4 years in college and learing how to play the right way.

With that said, he is a very good, if not borderline great perimter defender, I think it's vital for the Lakers to have him on the floor at all times with IT. What Luke should do is go back and look at how Boston utilized Marcus Smart in the back court with IT. Smart, similar to Hart is a great defender who masked and helped IT on his defensive shortcomings. I really think Hart can be even better than Smart because Josh is a better offensive player in addition to his great defense. Luke can really get the best of IT and make him look like he did in Boston if Hart plays next to him in the back court.

Absolutely. I think that's a big reason Dallas beat the Lakers in IT's debut. There was ZERO focus on how to accommodate having IT on the floor and still be able to defend. Luke had no idea how to use IT and took a very bad guess. IMO we needed Brook Lopez for rim protection, Julius Randle, AND Josh Hart out there for defense, and BI as well if we're to use IT as a closer. Every one of those players can defend, and every one of them can score, and particularly hit shots late in a game when the pressure is on. And if he wants a small lineup with IT to close, then go ahead and sit Brook, but make sure Randle's well rested to bang against centers late in the game, and stick KCP out there for perimeter defense alongside Hart, Ingram IT.

Josh Hart has closed games SO WELL for us recently, I'm baffled that Luke would bench him when we needed him most.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:34 am    Post subject:

the Ball/Hart effect...

http://forums.lakersground.net/viewtopic.php?p=7487730
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:14 am    Post subject:

jjangx27 wrote:
They found us a new era taller version of derek fisher. and I have a feeling Josh will end up being a very clutch player once he gets playoff opportunities.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:17 am    Post subject:

I'm all sad about losing Nance & Clarkson to CLE. Imagine if they got Hart next to Lebron? My God. Hart would be exactly DFish next to Lebron. With the same impact.
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:07 am    Post subject:

splashmtn wrote:
jjangx27 wrote:
They found us a new era taller version of derek fisher. and I have a feeling Josh will end up being a very clutch player once he gets playoff opportunities.

liking Hart to merely being a taller version of Fisher undersells him by miles. He's already in a league above Fisher halfway through his rookie season.
Hollywood $winger
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:35 pm    Post subject:

a lot of people who are upset about the clarkson trade fail to realize what i believe is he was partially traded not only for cap space but for hart to grow. it is kinda like the kobe eddie jones situation. had to move a really good young player for the opportunity for a gem to flourish.hart can get the minutes clarkson was getting especially in clutch time. hart has way more upside than clarkson.
sogood.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:13 pm    Post subject:

Jimmy Butler 2.0
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:18 pm    Post subject:

It's Valentine's Day ...... Josh HART will shine tonight!!
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:20 pm    Post subject:

Hollywood $winger wrote:
a lot of people who are upset about the clarkson trade fail to realize what i believe is he was partially traded not only for cap space but for hart to grow. it is kinda like the kobe eddie jones situation. had to move a really good young player for the opportunity for a gem to flourish.hart can get the minutes clarkson was getting especially in clutch time. hart has way more upside than clarkson.

JC is an elite bench scorer. Same with Crawford as Lou Will.

Hart is a championship level key role player. Same as guys like D Fish and Iggy.

Only one category of those guys tend to contribute to championships. Those are the guys who are grabbing big time boards, hitting clutch shots, not getting rattled, making the right play, etc.

(and to be honest, I'm not sure Hart can't be a really good starting SG one day)
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:23 pm    Post subject:

^What is it about Hart that would get him benched?

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
Hollywood $winger
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:56 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
Hollywood $winger wrote:

JC is an elite bench scorer. Same with Crawford as Lou Will.

Hart is a championship level key role player. Same as guys like D Fish and Iggy.

Only one category of those guys tend to contribute to championships. Those are the guys who are grabbing big time boards, hitting clutch shots, not getting rattled, making the right play, etc.

(and to be honest, I'm not sure Hart can't be a really good starting SG one day)

exactly! out of Hart, Nance jr. & clarkson, Hart is the keeper to build with for future.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:08 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
It's Valentine's Day ...... Josh HART will shine tonight!!

You ain't lying...
ingle
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:28 am    Post subject:

I love Hart but I'm sick of hearing Fisher being a championship level role player.

He wasn't, he was a liability that hit enough open 3's to stay on the court. Couldn't guard anyone, couldn't run an offense, couldn't even make a transition layup. If Fisher didn't play his entire career next to Kobe, and talk like a politician he'd be nobody.
ingle
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:32 am    Post subject:

I will concede Hart has 3 things in common with Fisher 1) he hits his open 3s 2)he doesn't turn the ball over since he doesn't try to do too much (even though he is certainly more capable than Fisher in that regard) and 3) he's jacked.

Would not go further than that, and as Laker fans we shouldn't wish that it goes further than that. Comparing Hart to 2 rebounds a game Fisher, are you kidding me
El Seano
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:34 am    Post subject:

ingle wrote:
I love Hart but I'm sick of hearing Fisher being a championship level role player.

He wasn't, he was a liability that hit enough open 3's to stay on the court. Couldn't guard anyone, couldn't run an offense, couldn't even make a transition layup. If Fisher didn't play his entire career next to Kobe, and talk like a politician he'd be nobody.

Here's Derek "Liability" Fisher hitting a transition layup, in the clutch, against three Celtics...

D-Fish wasn't perfect, neither was Horry or Fox but they were huge parts of winning titles for us.
ingle
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:48 am    Post subject:

El Seano wrote:
ingle wrote:

Here's Derek "Liability" Fisher hitting a transition layup, in the clutch, against three Celtics...

D-Fish wasn't perfect, neither was Horry or Fox but they were huge parts of winning titles for us.

Yeah and maybe if Fisher didnt blow all his layups earlier in the game he wouldn't have needed that one. No Laker thought that was actually a good idea when Fisher started going to the basket up 4 with less than a minute to go and a full shot clock, not even the Celtic defenders who were caught totally by surprise.

Fisher did have his clutch moments though, his intangibles were actually very strong. Tough dude who wasn't afraid of the moment, good fit for a championship team but still a very overrated player. Take him away from Kobe and he's barely in the league.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:20 am    Post subject:

Love Josh Hart. But -- he needs to improve on his off-ball defense. He seems to foul 3pt shooters with regularity when fighting through a pick and he gets back cut fairly often.

Otherwise, kid is really solid, an awesome find, and, kind of a shame he is seeing fewer minutes with IT aboard and when Zo comes back that might reduce his time further.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: