1-on-1 Shaq and Kobe Special (today at 4 pm PT)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BizLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:51 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
Steve007 wrote:
Interesting comments about the Detroit series from Kobe. They both feel they should have won that, even with the injuries. I was always disappointed they didn’t bring the series back to LA.

I felt like the only reason why they lost that series was because Karl got hurt..

It was more than that. Even with a healthy Malone they lose that series.

The Pistons wanted it more and the locker room issues on that Laker team was just terrible.
JPaulK0n
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:53 pm    Post subject:

Somebody has to do a what if scenario if Shaq stayed and Kobe was traded to Chicago in the 2004 offseason. This special might be the best thing TNT has ever produced, this is great.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:54 pm    Post subject:

JPaulK0n wrote:
Somebody has to do a what if scenario if Shaq stayed and Kobe was traded to Chicago in the 2004 offseason. This special might be the best thing TNT has ever produced, this is great.

I know NFLN does those scenarios all the time with NFL trades etc.
BizLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:56 pm    Post subject:

Shaq apologizing to Kobe

As he should.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:56 pm    Post subject:

The honesty is breathtaking. Glad I was there from day 1
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:57 pm    Post subject:

Hhaha. Shaq said he tore his house up when Kobe won his 5th.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:58 pm    Post subject:

BizLA wrote:
Shaq apologizing to Kobe

As he should.

They should both apologize to each other and they have. Awesome to see this.
BizLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:00 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
BizLA wrote:
Shaq apologizing to Kobe

As he should.

They should both apologize to each other and they have. Awesome to see this.

Yeah but this proved Shaq as a snake in my eyes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:01 pm    Post subject:

WOW!! That was...

Just WOW!
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:01 pm    Post subject:

That was great!
PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:02 pm    Post subject:

So many emotions...
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:05 pm    Post subject:

Loved it!
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

BizLA wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
Steve007 wrote:
Interesting comments about the Detroit series from Kobe. They both feel they should have won that, even with the injuries. I was always disappointed they didn’t bring the series back to LA.

I felt like the only reason why they lost that series was because Karl got hurt..

The Pistons wanted it more and the locker room issues on that Laker team was just terrible.

Would have to disagree boss.. Karl goin down really changed the complexion of that series. And in spite of the locker room issues Lakers (bleep) on everyone in the playoffs to get to the finals..
JPaulK0n
Star Player
Star Player

Basketball Fan wrote:
JPaulK0n wrote:

I know NFLN does those scenarios all the time with NFL trades etc.

Yea, somebody should do a YouTube video at least on it. I'm looking at the Bulls roster, not sure what the trade would be like. The Bulls only had Antonio Davis as their only vet and a bunch of young players practically. So, Shaq would ideally want other stars or vets to surround Shaq. Maybe Kobe for Kirk Hinrich, one or both of the Bulls 1st round picks in the 2004 draft, and future draft picks to the Lakers. Gary Payton stays another year with the Lakers to play with Shaq, Malone might have returned for another season. Lakers probably end up trading Shaq to go full rebuild in 2-3 years after though ultimately.
BizLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:14 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
BizLA wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
Steve007 wrote:

Would have to disagree boss.. Karl goin down really changed the complexion of that series. And in spite of the locker room issues Lakers (bleep) on everyone in the playoffs to get to the finals..

Have to disagree right back...that Pistons team clicked exceptionally on all cylinders and the Lakers hated each other. Basketball is a game of trust, it goes a long way.

Not to mention the Lakers had no help and no depth in that series. 2 guys couldn’t beat 5 and 3 couldn’t either.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:14 pm    Post subject:

Chris Webber and Jalen Rose should be next its not NBA related but could be interesting.
la4win
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:15 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
The honesty is breathtaking. Glad I was there from day 1

That was the best part of it. Both of them stayed true to who they are and didn’t try to make all extra just to make the show more entertaining. Loved it
JPaulK0n
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:16 pm    Post subject:

Lakers should have won the 2004 finals, but the biggest problem was the lack of depth on the team. Mitch got a bit cheap and the team could have bought back Horry, but decided not to, and thought that Slava could slide in for minutes to contribute. Fisher was the starter, for a while, but than had to come off the bench in his contract year, so he had issues with management. Rick Fox was hurt all season and wasn't a factor, leaving a glaring weakness at the SF position, so the Lakers had to rely on outside of Shaq, Kobe, Malone, & GP was Fisher, which is fine, but after that it was Devean George & Slava as contributors on the team, which was why the Lakers didn't win the title imo.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:22 pm    Post subject:

BizLA wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
BizLA wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
Steve007 wrote:

Have to disagree right back...that Pistons team clicked exceptionally on all cylinders and the Lakers hated each other. Basketball is a game of trust, it goes a long way.

Not to mention the Lakers had no help and no depth in that series. 2 guys couldn’t beat 5 and 3 couldn’t either.

We didn't have 2 though.. lol.. Karl was still ballin until he got injured.. No way to know with any certainty I suppose.. But I like our chances with a healthy roster.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:27 pm    Post subject:

The 2004 team was old....Outside of Shaq and Kobe, they didn't have much for the Pistons. The Pistons knew how to defend us which was letting Shaq get his and then clamp down on Kobe. Which is why it was shockingly bad at how fast it got away from us and why it ended in 5.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:30 pm    Post subject:

Steve007 wrote:
Fortysixn2 wrote:
Interesting if you are watching. Shaq admits that after the first championship he had accomplished his one goal and he mentally checked out. He was mad about the “Dynasty” talk and intentionally did not get in shape or practice during the offseason because he knew that Kobe was working so hard and would carry him. Kobe said that’s what made him mad.

Truly the reason we didn’t win 5-6 championships in a row was Shaq’s work ethic, imagine if Shaq had Kobe’s drive and passion...he would have been the GOAT. Kind of a shame actually...

It’s also why the team was done winning titles after 2004. People ask what would have happened if they stayed together, but the Shaq from 2000-2002 didn’t exist anymore.

Yeah, he had to go to Miami to get motivated and get in shape. 2004 Shaq was still good but he wasn't at the peak of his Shaq Fu powers....
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:33 pm    Post subject:

I DONT SEE IT RE-AIRING ANY TIME SOONWTFFFF
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:34 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
Shaq is a cool dude because he will mend fences even if he has to lie. LOL! He'll down-play what went on by saying stuff like it was marketing, mental games, etc. But the truth is they couldn't stand each other.

Yep, I don't think they will ever be best buds. Very different personalities. When both of them were at their peak they were the best 1-2 combo, but they had an expiration date. Its like that co-worker that you have in which both persons are brilliant but outside of work they can't stand each other and live very different lifestyles.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:43 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
The 2004 team was old....Outside of Shaq and Kobe, they didn't have much for the Pistons. The Pistons knew how to defend us which was letting Shaq get his and then clamp down on Kobe. Which is why it was shockingly bad at how fast it got away from us and why it ended in 5.

All ok point, but at the end of the day, it came down to we had no answer for Sheed, Malone was a great defender, did a great job on TD the series before. I think he would’ve made a difference for sure.
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:44 pm    Post subject:

That was amazing to watch. Kobe admitting to it being his fault for 04 and Shaq admitting he (bleep) up and was an Ahole to Kobe. Eye opening. The best part was Kobe calling Sac the Queens still and then mooning them on the bus after winning the series
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6
Jump to: