1-on-1 Shaq and Kobe Special (today at 4 pm PT)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Janggoon8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:33 am    Post subject:

No other franchise has accomplished a threepeat since. That just goes to show you how talented of a duo Shaq and Kobe were.
Laker_Town
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:20 pm    Post subject:

Batguano wrote:
Laker_Town wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:
I found the interview to be entertaining and insightful, but still filled with a fair amount of B.S. and holding of tongues.

Yup. Plenty of grab assing

Shaq earned some major props for taking ownership when we all know it was issues on both sides. Maybe I missed it, but I don't recall Kobe admitting any fault.

Kobe admitted fault for the 2004 Finals loss to the Pistons.

Anything else Kobe could apologize for would involve bringing up the sexual assault case and snitching on Shaq, which is NOT gonna' happen.

(Which, btw, Kobe already apologized for here:
)

Dude's already had his name dragged through the mud enough in his career (by Shaq, Phil, the media), and it took him long enough to rebuild his image. And Shaq was NEVER blamed for ANYTHING back then.

Not to mention that Shaq bullied Kobe since Day 1 and Kobe just took the abuse for years until he finally clapped back in 2004.

Shaq:

- Bullied Kobe since day one by calling him "Showboat Bryant" (and not in a complementary way...) and turned the team against him

- Showed up to camp out of shape after the first ring and never cared enough to take care of his body (by his own admission)

- (bleep) about Kobe getting more opportunities and refused to rebound/play defense ("token big man stuff", as he would call it) until the reigns were handed back to him.

- Disrespected Dr. Buss by telling him "PAY ME MOTHERFU****!!" (again, by his own admission. Which is what got him traded, on top his lack of commitment)

- Instigated the 2004 beef when he made the "the full team is here" comment while Kobe was dealing with the rape charges

Kobe:

- Ball-hogged in the 2004 Finals

- Snitched on Shaq's extra-marital affairs (in a private police interview which they later leaked to cause him harm)

So you tell me who owed who the biggest apology....

I think it's hilarious how some of you act like you're OWED Shaq and Kobe talking about things they might not want to talk about. I guess the 4 Finals, 3 championships, and lifetime of memories they provided (which they've now provided some amazing closure for) isn't enough for some of ya'll...

First of all, Kobe didn't apologize in that clip. He BSed why he hadn't reached out to shaq.

Secondly, calm down. This isn't a Kobe vs Shaq thing. My statement was they were both there to blame (for whatever reason) but only Shaq owned it. No specififs were given and it would have been nice to have Kobe say he had a part in separating the team.

Acting like he wasn't part of the problem doesn't make it untrue.
Killakobe81
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:29 pm    Post subject:

splashmtn wrote:
Steve007 wrote:
Cutheon wrote:
Kobe on the loss against the 2004 Pistons

Great stuff in here for the x & o guys

Notice how they both agree that they should have won that series EASILY. That’s why I thought it seemed like they still didn’t think much of the Pistons.

I wonder how an older Kobe does in that series. In that interview it looks like Kobe really believed it was winnable if he had done a better job. Would an older Kobe with his extra knowledge and experience win it all in 2004? Notice how he never said “Detroit was the better team” or “injuries gave us no shot.” He really thinks he let one get away that year.
he wasnt talking about himself playing better.

he was talking about himself as being a better teammate aönd guard leader for GP and the new guys period.

He made it clear that was the issue. they could not run their automatics properly because gp and the guys were not up to speed. it takes a long time to learn the triangle well enough to defeat a defense coach like detroit had. usually like a season. they didnt have a season to learn it. kobe's job since he knew it inside out was to get those guys ready. he felt he didnt do a good enough job doing that.

Sure he did not cite his own poor shooting or selfish play but still took ownership ...for 2004. NOTsure it can get anymore specofic than my fault and i didnt show my teammates how to counter the way they squeezed us on the perimeter ( paraphrasing). They specifically talked about "tell me how my a$$ taste" the Jim Gray interviews and Kobe wanting to fight Shaq ...this isnt VH1 ...to expect more than that to be discussed so close to Kobe jersey retirement is unrealistic.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:43 pm    Post subject:

Laker_Town wrote:
Batguano wrote:
Laker_Town wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:
I found the interview to be entertaining and insightful, but still filled with a fair amount of B.S. and holding of tongues.

Yup. Plenty of grab assing

Shaq earned some major props for taking ownership when we all know it was issues on both sides. Maybe I missed it, but I don't recall Kobe admitting any fault.

Kobe admitted fault for the 2004 Finals loss to the Pistons.

Anything else Kobe could apologize for would involve bringing up the sexual assault case and snitching on Shaq, which is NOT gonna' happen.

(Which, btw, Kobe already apologized for here:
)

Dude's already had his name dragged through the mud enough in his career (by Shaq, Phil, the media), and it took him long enough to rebuild his image. And Shaq was NEVER blamed for ANYTHING back then.

Not to mention that Shaq bullied Kobe since Day 1 and Kobe just took the abuse for years until he finally clapped back in 2004.

Shaq:

- Bullied Kobe since day one by calling him "Showboat Bryant" (and not in a complementary way...) and turned the team against him

- Showed up to camp out of shape after the first ring and never cared enough to take care of his body (by his own admission)

- (bleep) about Kobe getting more opportunities and refused to rebound/play defense ("token big man stuff", as he would call it) until the reigns were handed back to him.

- Disrespected Dr. Buss by telling him "PAY ME MOTHERFU****!!" (again, by his own admission. Which is what got him traded, on top his lack of commitment)

- Instigated the 2004 beef when he made the "the full team is here" comment while Kobe was dealing with the rape charges

Kobe:

- Ball-hogged in the 2004 Finals

- Snitched on Shaq's extra-marital affairs (in a private police interview which they later leaked to cause him harm)

So you tell me who owed who the biggest apology....

I think it's hilarious how some of you act like you're OWED Shaq and Kobe talking about things they might not want to talk about. I guess the 4 Finals, 3 championships, and lifetime of memories they provided (which they've now provided some amazing closure for) isn't enough for some of ya'll...

First of all, Kobe didn't apologize in that clip. He BSed why he hadn't reached out to shaq.

Secondly, calm down. This isn't a Kobe vs Shaq thing. My statement was they were both there to blame (for whatever reason) but only Shaq owned it. No specififs were given and it would have been nice to have Kobe say he had a part in separating the team.

Acting like he wasn't part of the problem doesn't make it untrue.
shaq owned it because who else was at fault for not coming to work prepared for war from day one? shaq. there is no well kobe should've also owned.... no. kobe already told you he dialed back his own game and possibly stardom early on for winning with shaq. and he told you why he would not do that any longer.

and lastly, shaq was a lot older than kobe. the big brother is supposed to act like more so than the little brother.

Every negative thing we heard from kobe was always a response to shaq. meaning the older brother made his bad statement first.
ingle
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:21 am    Post subject:

That was great TV.

Kobe was one of a kind, entered the NBA as part of a circus yet remained headstrong enough as a 18 year old to distance himself from the distractions and (bleep). Wow, coming into the NBA with someone like Shaq as your team leader? Your average rookie would have been JR Smith'd.
Hammett
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:01 pm    Post subject:

It would be pretty epic if Shaq and Kobe ever teamed up to do announcing/commentating. Or they're just chilling on some leather couches in a studio discussing basketball, Lakers glory years, and shooting the (bleep). Like Inside the NBA but more serious.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6
Jump to: