All-Star Break: Time to Grade the 05-06 Lake Show (Players and Management)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
raffi
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 3:40 pm    Post subject: All-Star Break: Time to Grade the 05-06 Lake Show (Players and Management)

Here are my grades (reply with yours):

Players
Kobe = A
Odom = C
Parker = B-
Brown = D
Mihm = B
Cook = C+
Walton = D
D. George = C-
Sasha = C+
Bynum = C+
Mckie = D+
Profit = B-
Green = I (Incomplete)
Wafer = I
Slava = I(R)
Turiaf = I (but I want to give him an "A" for being on the roster)

Team = C

Phil = B

Mitch = D-

Dr. Buss = D+
LakerFan4L
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 3:55 pm    Post subject:

Players
Kobe = A+
Odom = B+
Parker = C+
Brown = D-
Mihm = B+
Cook = B-
Walton = C
D. George = B-
Sasha = B-
Bynum = B
Mckie = F
Profit = B-(WE MISS HIM)

Team = C+

Phil = B+

Mitch = B-

Dr. Buss = cant say.. A if hes pushing Mitch to make a deal, F if hes not.
bounty
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 3:59 pm    Post subject: Re: All-Star Break: Time to Grade the 05-06 Lake Show (Players and Management)

Kobe = A
Odom = D- if you have expectations A- If you understand this is who he is
Parker = C-Inconsistent. Show me once proves it can be done 100% of the time
Brown = D
Mihm = A- For the fact that he tries, improves and cares
Cook = B- better than last year
Walton = D
D. George = B- Is who he is. Bothers guys on D
Sasha = B- Better than last year
Bynum = B- The spin still makes me smile
Mckie = F
Profit = B-
Green = I
Wafer = I
Slava = noose
Turiaf = A -for being able to step on the court

Team = Laughable at talent make up

Phil = B+ Cant make chicken salad out of chicken...........errrrr Larry brown has it worse

Mitch = D-

Dr. Buss = Pays people a lot of cheese to evaluate players and coach them -A
minervafilms
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 4:02 pm    Post subject:

Kobe = B+
Decision making (poor % shots, too many threes) and defensive shortcomings (lack of respect for lesser opponents, too much gambling) still stop him from being as great a player as he could be.

Odom = C+
Still an enigma. Him and Kobe have to find a way to utilize their skills at the same time. Mentally suspect.

Parker = C
A back-up who has performed admirably as a starter. Lazy defense, inconsistent offense. Mentally suspect. Goes from a C+ to a C due to the silly middle parting in his hair.

Brown = D
Decent at man-to-man D. Often a black hole offensively. Questionable desire. Mentally suspect.

Mihm = B
Still foul-prone, but a marked improvement on last year. Needs to stay healthy and on the court.

Cook = C+
Up and down season so far, but he's one of the few guys on this team who can shoot and who has found a way to play with Kobe. Shame he can't defend a lick.

Walton = D
Had some bright moments toward the start of the season, but more and more, his lack of a shot and defensive ability has turned him into a liability on the court.

D. George = B-
Surprise! Dev came to play in a contract year. Still lazy at times and, as always, one of the ugliest men in basketball, but his energy and decent shot selection has made him our only consistent bench threat.

Sasha = C-
Completely unable to stay in front of his man, and blessed with one of the ugliest shots this side of Ljubljana.

Bynum = C
Has shown flashes of potential, but needs to be brought along slowly, playing sparingly and only when his confidence will not be negatively affected. Should not be expected to make a meaningful contribution this year.

Rest of team = INCOMPLETE

Phil = B-
Doing what he can with a bad bunch, but odd substitutions and a refusal to run anything resembling an actual play is hurting them. Too stubborn and set in his ways to change.

Mitch = D-
Hopefully won't be on the next report card.
The Snoob
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 5:03 pm    Post subject:

Kobe Bryant = A -
The first half MVP by a landslide IMO. However, deserves an A- solely because of the amazing 81 point game. W/o the 81 point game, he would be graded as a B+. Too many 3pointers and as a result...long rebounds that lead to fastbreaks and costs the team valuable points. Has been stepping up on defense lately, but not the entire first half. Needs to drive more and get free throws and not dominate the ball as much. On the other hand, he is having an amazing year on the offensive end and has been the savior for this team this year from being lottery bound.

Lamar Odom = C+
Too inconsistent and passive. Seriously needs to realize the success of this team relies on him being able to transition into becoming a more legit 2nd option/scorer. Rebounds and Assist numbers are very good. Defense seems to have improved slightly. Good at weakside blocks, but other than that...worthless on the defensive end. Needs to push the ball more on the break and be a little more selfish. I'd take 18 points over 8 assists anyday for Lamar. I believe he recieves too much criticism as well, but judging by the expectations, i understand the fans inpatience.

Smush Parker = B
A first half surprise to almost everyone. Gets a good amount of steals, but on the flipside, gets called for a lot fouls. Very athletic and good running mate for Kobe in the backcourt. Needs to work on his shooting since his free throw misses do cost us the game at times. Has exceeded expectations due to having none. Second half, there will be expectations for Smush to become a better defender and be more consistent on his shooting.

Kwame Brown = D+
Egh...solid rebounder and occational defensive stop. Hands are terrible and needs to be more mentally strong. Disappointing due to the fact he along with Mihm are out only inside presence. Does play good defense when needed (vs. Shaq and Yao) Mental errors have cost us games (vs. Sac...not guarding 3 pointer) Doesn't seem like he has improved much.

Chris Mihm = B-
Has improved on the offensive end. Baby hook shot has become part of his game and his mid-range shot noticeably imroved. Good weakside blocker as well as solid rebounder. Still foul prone, but he is an essential part of the team defense. Still has butter fingers on occation, but a solid first half for Mihm.

Brian Cook = C+
Good scoring option outside of Kobe. Good offensive mindset for Cook who is one of the few players who are willing to shoot. Stepped up when needed. No defense though.

Sasha Vujacic = C
Like it or not, Sasha has improved since last year. Like Cook, will take a shot when needed. Decent shooter, but sometimes inconsistent. Foul prone and mentally suspect. Plays the annoying defender very well, but often results in stupid fouls. Still looks like he's 12 which results in a lower grade.

Luke Walton = D
My least favorite player on this team. Initiates well for the 2nd unit, but outside of that, he is utterly worthless. No shot, no defense, airballs open shots, and a liability on defense.

Devean George = C
Key rebounds during certain times. Good athleticism, and will hit an open 3 when needed. Decent one-on-one defense, but still makes mental errors. Seems like he has hit the ceiling in terms of potential.

Ronnt Turiaf = A
Just simply by recovering so quickly and playing in the NBA. Truly a warrior and inspiration that this team desperately needs.

Andrew Bynum = B-
Outside of Kobe and Ronny, I believe this kid has the most passion and determination on the team. Already a star in the eyes of Laker fans by taking it to Shaq (Shaq who?) Just knowing he has the determination to attack Shaq the way he did gives me hope that he will indeed be a solid player in the future.

Phil Jackson = B
Expectations for this club was lottery bound in the beginning of the season. Team still seems lost out there with the exception of Kobe and a few others. However, he has coached this club well to the point where we are considered a low-seed playoff team with Kobe and a bunch of scrubs. Substitutions are still a head scratcher though.

Management = D+
The lack of activity scares me especially since Kobe is in his prime. Hopefully, Mitch and company don't settle for mediocrity much longer.
Vlade
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 5:04 pm    Post subject:

Players
Kobe = A-
Odom = C+
Parker = C
Brown = C-
Mihm = B
Cook = B
Walton = C-
D. George = B-
Sasha = C+
Bynum = B
Mckie = I
Profit = I
Green = I (Incomplete)
Wafer = I
Slava = F
Turiaf = I (but I want to give him an "A" for being on the roster--I agree!!)

Team = C

Phil = B

Mitch = C- (but will re-assess after the trade deadline)

Dr. Buss = ?
KBandKB
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 5:05 pm    Post subject:

LakerFan4L wrote:
Players
Kobe = A+
Odom = B+
Parker = C+
Brown = D-
Mihm = B+
Cook = B-
Walton = C
D. George = B-
Sasha = B-
Bynum = B
Mckie = F
Profit = B-(WE MISS HIM)

same here

Team = C+

Phil = B+

Mitch = B-

Dr. Buss = cant say.. A if hes pushing Mitch to make a deal, F if hes not.
sodapoppenski
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 5:06 pm    Post subject: Re: All-Star Break: Time to Grade the 05-06 Lake Show (Players and Management)

raffi wrote:

Players
Kobe = A
Odom = C
Parker = B-
Brown = D
Mihm = B
Cook = C+
Walton = D
D. George = C-
Sasha = C+
Bynum = C+
Mckie = D+
Profit = B-
Green = I (Incomplete)
Wafer = I
Slava = I(R)

Team = C

Phil = B

Mitch = D-

Dr. Buss = D+

Green, who got an "I" from you played more games than McKie this year
by a good margin.

How does McKie get a D+ for waxing the pine all season? Yet you're
tossing incompletes to all the other injured players, even those who
were injured fewer games than McKie?
TACH
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 5:11 pm    Post subject:

minervafilms wrote:
Kobe = B+
Decision making (poor % shots, too many threes) and defensive shortcomings (lack of respect for lesser opponents, too much gambling) still stop him from being as great a player as he could be.

Odom = C+
Still an enigma. Him and Kobe have to find a way to utilize their skills at the same time. Mentally suspect.

Parker = C
A back-up who has performed admirably as a starter. Lazy defense, inconsistent offense. Mentally suspect. Goes from a C+ to a C due to the silly middle parting in his hair.

Brown = D
Decent at man-to-man D. Often a black hole offensively. Questionable desire. Mentally suspect.

Mihm = B
Still foul-prone, but a marked improvement on last year. Needs to stay healthy and on the court.

Cook = C+
Up and down season so far, but he's one of the few guys on this team who can shoot and who has found a way to play with Kobe. Shame he can't defend a lick.

Walton = D
Had some bright moments toward the start of the season, but more and more, his lack of a shot and defensive ability has turned him into a liability on the court.

D. George = B-
Surprise! Dev came to play in a contract year. Still lazy at times and, as always, one of the ugliest men in basketball, but his energy and decent shot selection has made him our only consistent bench threat.

Sasha = C-
Completely unable to stay in front of his man, and blessed with one of the ugliest shots this side of Ljubljana.

Bynum = C
Has shown flashes of potential, but needs to be brought along slowly, playing sparingly and only when his confidence will not be negatively affected. Should not be expected to make a meaningful contribution this year.

Phil = B-
Doing what he can with a bad bunch, but odd substitutions and a refusal to run anything resembling an actual play is hurting them. Too stubborn and set in his ways to change.

Mitch = D-

I agree with you on just about everything.. but I would bump Smush up to C+/B-,... I don't think anybody thought he would perform this well. I'm saying he's playing excellent ball, but he's been a surprise. I would also give Bynum a higher grade,... in his limited action, he's shown flash of what's to come (NYC game, Heat game),.. but even more, I like his attitude, his desire to play and learn (learning seems to be one of the lakers problems). He still has a ways to go, but I really like what I see...

Last edited by TACH on Thu Feb 16, 2006 5:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
eldrunko714
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 5:12 pm    Post subject:

minervafilms wrote:
Kobe = B+

Odom = C+

Parker = C

Brown = D

Mihm = B

Cook = C+

Walton = D

D. George = B-

Sasha = C-

Bynum = C

Phil = B-

Mitch = D-

You summed it up pretty nicely. George is pretty fugly but Smush isn't too far behind him. He looks like Usher's cousin with a learning disability.
Daloyalfan16
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 5:20 pm    Post subject:

Players
Kobe = A-
Odom = C+
Parker = C
Brown = C-
Mihm = A
Cook = B-
Walton = D
D. George = B-
Sasha = C+
Bynum = B+
Mckie = F
Profit = B
Green = C
Wafer = C
Slava = NA
Turiaf = A

Team = C

Phil = B+

Mitch = D+

Dr. Buss = B-
postandpivot
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 5:21 pm    Post subject: Re: All-Star Break: Time to Grade the 05-06 Lake Show (Players and Management)

Players
Kobe = A+(what can one man do?)

Odom = C+(the guy is still the teams leading rebounder, also the leading assist man or is he?)

Parker = B-(if we had a team that could guard the pick n roll, smush might be a B+)

Brown = D+(the plus is because he plays de and grabs tough boards, not enough)

Mihm = B-(even though his scoring looks a lot better, his boards fell off from last year)

Cook = C+(is looking more like that 2nd scoring option with time and passes, also starting to learn how to pump fake and then go to the whole)

Walton = D-(he better hurry up and wake up)

D. George = B--

Sasha = C-(still cant go to the whole and make a layup, he's 6'7, no excuses)

Bynum = C+
Mckie = I
Profit = B-(why did we have to lose profit?)
Green = I (Incomplete)
Wafer = I
Slava = I(R)

Team = C (very inconsistent. perfect grade)

Phil = B (staying patient, but yet still teaching, playing rookies and getting some effective minutes out of em)

Mitch = C+(smush is better then a lot thought he can definitely hit the 3 better then you thought, vujacic is at least an NBA player nowadays, kwame has shown us some of the best one on one de against the bigs we've seen in a long time, No good trades available that wouldn't cost us what we are trying to get, Bynum, aint his fault turiaf went down early)

Dr. Buss = B(staying patient and not doing a i.thomas, we are still in the playoffs, even after having mihm sit down, and losing a spark off the bench in profit, and just now seeing our energy rookie get in the game)
eddie8
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 5:35 pm    Post subject:

Players
Kobe = A
Odom = C+
Parker = C-
Brown = D+
Mihm = B-
Cook = C
Walton = D
D. George = C+
Sasha = D+
Bynum = C
Mckie = F
Green = I
Wafer = I
Slava = F
Turiaf = I

Team = C-

Phil = B-

Mitch = F (TBD: Subject To Change)

Dr. Buss = D-
raffi
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 5:46 pm    Post subject: Re: All-Star Break: Time to Grade the 05-06 Lake Show (Players and Management)

sodapoppenski wrote:
raffi wrote:

Players
Kobe = A
Odom = C
Parker = B-
Brown = D
Mihm = B
Cook = C+
Walton = D
D. George = C-
Sasha = C+
Bynum = C+
Mckie = D+
Profit = B-
Green = I (Incomplete)
Wafer = I
Slava = I(R)

Team = C

Phil = B

Mitch = D-

Dr. Buss = D+

by a good margin.

I see your point - I guess he could be lopped in with the injured "I"'s, but unlike the others (Green, Wafer) he came in with expectations of potentially starting and, prior to his injury, wasn't producing in the minutes given. Either way, as the MLE, he's been a big disappointment.
sodapoppenski
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 5:53 pm    Post subject: Re: All-Star Break: Time to Grade the 05-06 Lake Show (Players and Management)

raffi wrote:
sodapoppenski wrote:
raffi wrote:

Players
Kobe = A
Odom = C
Parker = B-
Brown = D
Mihm = B
Cook = C+
Walton = D
D. George = C-
Sasha = C+
Bynum = C+
Mckie = D+
Profit = B-
Green = I (Incomplete)
Wafer = I
Slava = I(R)

Team = C

Phil = B

Mitch = D-

Dr. Buss = D+

by a good margin.

I see your point - I guess he could be lopped in with the injured "I"'s, but unlike the others (Green, Wafer) he came in with expectations of potentially starting and, prior to his injury, wasn't producing in the minutes given. Either way, as the MLE, he's been a big disappointment.

True about him being disappointing.

I dunno, given his age and his (terrible) numbers from last year - I wasn't
expecting him to be a world better than say, Slava - who also got injured
and hasn't played since.

For what it's worth I pretty much agree with the rest of your grades,
maybe I'd bump Gump up a hair to a C or C+. That's about it.
dewit8
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 8:55 am    Post subject:

Thank God I didn't have some of you grading my school work when I was younger. Most of you gave Smush a B- or better, despite being the most inconsistent, up and down player on the team. But most gave Cook a C, even though you pointed out he's improved, shot well, and could be the second scoring option. I probaby agree with Vlade's grading more than the others. How anyone can rank Odom above these two, with his high expectations, is beyond me!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 9:07 am    Post subject:

kobe A+ (if you give B to kobe, you must really have a bad relationship with reality...)
odom C
mihm B
parker C+
brown C-
walton C
george B-
cook C+
vujacic C-
bynum B

phil B
mitch D
sodapoppenski
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 9:09 am    Post subject:

dewit8 wrote:
Thank God I didn't have some of you grading my school work when I was younger. Most of you gave Smush a B- or better, despite being the most inconsistent, up and down player on the team. But most gave Cook a C, even though you pointed out he's improved, shot well, and could be the second scoring option. I probaby agree with Vlade's grading more than the others. How anyone can rank Odom above these two, with his high expectations, is beyond me!

1.) You're smoking something if you think Cook can be the 2nd scoring
option.

A "C" is a legit grade for him. Sure he's gotten better, but he's still a
defensive liability. Last season he would have been lower than a C.
There's your improvement.

2.) Smush's "B-" from alot of people takes into account that he's playing
on a minimum contract and was intended to be a backup. Yeah he's
inconsistant and it's hurt us in some games, but he's a value when you
consider his youth and his contract.
angel
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 9:30 am    Post subject:

Star Player Kobe: A+ (The MVP of the NBA rates an A+. )
Starting Lineup: C (The bunch other than Kobe is mediocre.)
Bench Players: D
Drafted Players: A (The interest in Bynum proves he's a steal. He may turn out to be the best player in the draft. Turiaf has the potential to become a steal too.)
Management: B (It was an excellent draft. Mihm's stock is rising. Smush was a good free agent signing.)
OshadowO
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 9:54 am    Post subject:

Kobe = B+ <------poor shot selection (3s), lackadaisical on defense, gambles too much on steals, but he keeps us afloat.
Odom = C <------------ Needs to have an alarm clock attached to his shoulder that goes off every 2 minutes. Maybe vitti could help.
Parker = C <----------Seriously needs to question his effot on D. Cares only about scoring or stealing and does it inconsistently.
Brown = C- <---------- makes a C only due to improved play lately...ie finally learned how to catch.
Mihm = B+ <----------yes he gets silly fouls, but often unfairly. Refs don't like him but he plays with effort every single time. Cap's training really doing him good.
Cook = B- <-----------Defense down the toilet with cookie is to be expected but scoring and rebounding improving.
Walton = D <---------- Next time instead of cheering "luuuuuuuuke," I'm just gonna say "boooo." Did he have a brain transplant?
D. George = C+ <----- improved a lot lately. Grade may be biased seeing as how he was one of the idiots who let johnson get that board/bucket.
Sasha = C+ <-----------despite his short comings atleast he tries. Needs to find his shot again.
Bynum = B+ <--------- for a rook he's coming along well. Credit to the cap.
Mckie = I <--------- Is he on the team still?
Profit = W <--------- (withdrawl) man I wish he was still here.
Green = I <--------- ummm.... great job warming the bench.
Wafer = I <--------- gives good company to green.
Slava = W <---------ball is a circle...
Turiaf = I <----------shown more hustle in 5-6 minutes of total action then some of the guys have the entire season.

Team = D+ <-------- they can be a lot better. They've lost to the worst teams in the league, and they've done it in a way that shows they don't give a damn. No excuse for that.

Phil = C+ <-------master motivator but seems to be failing with this group. Early in the season he had them playing hard, has his act worn thin already?

Mitch = DN <----his own grade, DN= does nothing. I could be harsh and say DNG, does nothing good, but he has a few days to do something :/

Dr. Buss = D <----soley for not taking a chance on Ron. Come on Doc you're the gambler!
gdballa03
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 10:03 am    Post subject:

Players

Kobe = A+ (He's doing all he can for this team, it's up to everyone else to step up)
Odom = C+ (Though he hasn't played to his "potential," and doesn't have that much heart, the team does have a better shot at winning when he plays)
Parker = C- (...can't hit a freethrow)
Brown = D- (Waste of a #1 draft pick, PERIOD!)
Mihm = B+ (His hook shot and jumper have been more consistant this year, gets no love from the refs but has the most class on the team)
Cook = B- (Offense...No Defense)
Walton = D- (Would be waived on any other team)
D. George = C (C+ as of late...maybe cuz he's getting shopped)
Sasha = C- (Can't hit open 3s...)
Bynum = C (Needs more time on the floor)
Mckie = D (Forgot he was even on the squad)
Profit = B (He was actually pretty decent when he played)
Green = n/a
Wafer = F (Has no business getting minutes)
Slava = n/a
Turiaf = A (Only because he actually shows more passion FROM THE BENCH than others that are on the floor)

Team = C+ (We're in the playoffs and I believe will be there at t end of the season...thanks to Kobe)

Phil = B- (Still don't understand his substitutions at times...this team isn't like the teams he's coached in the past)

Mitch = F

Dr. Buss = D-

Last edited by gdballa03 on Fri Feb 17, 2006 10:12 am; edited 2 times in total
Wino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 10:05 am    Post subject:

Players
Kobe = A- Having a great year but still shoots a low %
Odom = B- Not a great second option, would be great in the 3 or 4 spot
Parker = C+ Better than I had hoped for.
Brown = C- Not too exciting, can't seem to get his head in the game enough
Mihm = B Pretty good if he could just stay out of foul trouble
Cook = B Better than expected
Walton = C- Everyone says he has a good head, must be the other one because it seems like he makes a lot of mistakes to me.
D. George = B I like Devans hustle and he plays D. He is a streak shooter though.
Sasha = C+ Better than expected, good outside shot, not much else
Bynum = B+ On potential and excitement factor only.
Mckie = F Sorry but the Lakers needed a player
Profit = C+ Looked good when he played, see Mckie
Green = ??? Bench fodder
Wafer = B- on potential
Slava = F Let him go, we are paying him for nothing at this point
Turiaf = A for heart, no pun intended, other than that a big nothing for the team

Team = C- I was hoping for more

Phil = C+ He hasn't lived up to his huge contract yet.

Mitch = C- I'm not a Mitch basher but so far he hasn't done much , B+ on potential but the clock is ticking.

Dr. Buss = D- Because this team sucks and he owns it. If he is going to be the guy on top when things are good, he's got to be the guy on the bottom when things suck. He has ultimate accountability.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 10:15 am    Post subject:

I am not ready to give out my grades, but I must say you guys have been way too generous to Walton.

Walton F, and sliding
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
LALfan4life
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 10:37 am    Post subject:

Kobe = A, put anyone else on this team and see how we do. We are currently in the playoffs because of this man.

Odom = C, I have accepted that Odom "is who he is" but I will never accept his half-assing nights.

Parker = C-, another dude that annoys the hell out of me with the inconsistent lazy play.

Brown = D. no comment because I might hurt his feelings. :roll:

Mihm = B+, I love the guys heart, he really tries and I appreciate that.

Cook = B-, much better than I expected, just needs to learn to defend someone. Taking charges are not the only defensive move.

Walton = D, I don't want to talk about it.

D. George = C+, I will take what I can get.

Sasha = C, I see improvement from last season.

Bynum = B-, I look forward to the future.

Mckie = F, is he still on the team?

Profit = B-, another guy who played like he wanted to be there.

Green = I
Wafer = I
Slava = NA
Turiaf = I

Team = D

Phil = C, someone needs to remind him that this team is made up mostly of young players not vets.

Mitch = D, he better have a really good plan.

Buss= C
WalterJ187
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 10:44 am    Post subject:

Players
Kobe = A-
My only major gripe is shot selection, but what else is new?
Odom = C+
No surprises (and that's not a good thing). He's as passive as ever, which is both his strength and weakness. I don't think he'll ever become what the Lakers want him to be, i.e. Pippen v2.0 I think the time will come where either they'll trade him for someone that can fill the role or just be happy to pay a 15/10/5 $10MM/year.
Parker = B
Earned his keep. He's been inconsistent on defense, but he's been a pleasant surprise. I can't imagine the backcourt without him. I hope the Lakers keep him in their future plans.
Brown = C
I like his defense, but he really needs to work on his offensive. But, he's a 2 year (at least) project, so I'm not totally disappointed. He's my winner of "Worst hands in the NBA" award, stealing the trophy from Dikembe Mutombo.
Mihm = B
You don't know what you have until he's out. Good, but not great, but I think good is good enough.
Cook = B
His stock is rising. I think he deserves at least 8 to 10 shots a game. I can say his game from his rookie year to 2nd year to now has clearly improved with each passing season. Let's hope they keep him around.
Walton = D
He brings very little to the table. With Odom, he's just not needed unless Devean goes out with an injury. At least he's on a short-term contract.
D. George = B-
He's streaky as usual on offensive, but I still like his defense. He comes to play most of the time.
Sasha = C
He's great one minute and gone the next. Too inconsistent, but he always tries to play defense (try is the key word).
Bynum = B
He's really looking like he'll be something sooner rather than later. I love his development.
Mckie = F+/I
Another wasted MLE contract.
Profit = B
Was a great stunt double..er.....sub for Kobe. I hope he's back next season.
Green = I
Keeps the bench extra warm!
Wafer = I
Gets no PT.
Slava = I
Is he still around?!
Turiaf = I
At the end of the season, I can see him being around a B or even B+

Team = C-
If this team is going anywhere, it needs consistency. I never know which Lakers team will show up on any given night. The one that beat the Heat and Mavs, or the one that lost to the Hawks.

Phil = B-
Without Phil, this team would be much worse off, but being at .500 isn't much to brag about.

Mitch = C-
McKie was a bad pickup, but Bynum looks like a great pick. Turiaf is looking good, but time will tell. I liked the pickup of Smush, and even Sasha hasn't been too bad. The team has a lot of good young talent, especially on the frontline, but some veterans would have helped bring consistency to the team. Mitch has made some pretty good small moves, but I think this team is still a player or two away.

Dr. Buss = C-
He's keeping the lights on at the Staples Center! Since he has as much input as Mitch, I'll give both of them the same grade.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: