All-Star Break: Time to Grade the 05-06 Lake Show (Players and Management)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dewit8
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 10:49 am    Post subject:

Posted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 9:09 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

dewit8 wrote:
Thank God I didn't have some of you grading my school work when I was younger. Most of you gave Smush a B- or better, despite being the most inconsistent, up and down player on the team. But most gave Cook a C, even though you pointed out he's improved, shot well, and could be the second scoring option. I probaby agree with Vlade's grading more than the others. How anyone can rank Odom above these two, with his high expectations, is beyond me!

1.) You're smoking something if you think Cook can be the 2nd scoring
option.

A "C" is a legit grade for him. Sure he's gotten better, but he's still a
defensive liability. Last season he would have been lower than a C.
There's your improvement.

2.) Smush's "B-" from alot of people takes into account that he's playing
on a minimum contract and was intended to be a backup. Yeah he's
inconsistant and it's hurt us in some games, but he's a value when you
consider his youth and his contract.

Giving Cook a "C" is like a teacher saying, "Your paper deserves an "A", but since I gave you a "D" on your last one, I'll give you "C" on this one. That's still an improvement." Right now, the three players with the biggest positive impact on this team are: Kobe, Mihm and Cook, in that order. You grade based on that, not on what you believe they should do. Yes, I wish Cook played better D. Yes, I wish Mihm would stay out of foul trouble. Yes, I wish Kobe would quit hoisting 3's. But their positives far outweigh the negatives. Almost everyone gave Bynum a "B" based on the small flashes we've seen, and the future we expect. But his impact on this season is nil and none. He barely plays, and if you want to take defense into account, he commits a foul about every two minutes.
Sage_10
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 10:55 am    Post subject:

Players
Kobe = A- He gambles on defense a lot doesn't get back and it hurts the team
Odom = C I don't think he is where he should be but he's shown signs since coming back from injury.
Parker = C+ He has been a surprise but he's getting a little to comfortable and not doing the job defensively.
Brown = D+ "See Odom"
Mihm = A Started off slow but has been playing solid lately
Cook = B Nice surprise, came to camp in shape and still can get hot; must work on defense.
Walton = D No comment
D. George = B Been pretty good coming off the bench overall but never did meet his expectations
Sasha = C+ Improved defense, needs to improve shooting
Bynum = N/A
Mckie = N/A
Profit = B+ He is sorely being missed.
Green = I (Incomplete)
Wafer = I
Slava = I(R)
Turiaf = I (but I want to give him an "A" for being on the roster)

Team = C-

Phil = B-

Mitch = C+

Dr. Buss = N/A
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: