Exclusive: Inside the Corrosive Workplace Culture of the Dallas Mavericks
Goto page Previous  1, 2

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 03 Feb 2004
Posts: 22148

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:12 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
If you forced Sterling to sell, then you have to force Cuban to sell.

Sterling just said words to his side piece, Cuban protected people abusing women for years.

Pleading ignorance isn't an excuse.

ET will do nothing of course, but the good news is this ridiculous clown can forget his presidential aspirations.



ET that's an apt description
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Omar Little
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 02 May 2005
Posts: 80709
Location: Formerly Known As 24

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:21 pm    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
If you forced Sterling to sell, then you have to force Cuban to sell.

Sterling just said words to his side piece, Cuban protected people abusing women for years.

Pleading ignorance isn't an excuse.

ET will do nothing of course, but the good news is this ridiculous clown can forget his presidential aspirations.



ET that's an apt description


It's Dobby actually
_________________
Tolerance is an agreement to live in peace, not an agreement to be peaceful no matter the conduct of others. A peace treaty is not a suicide pact.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Omar Little
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 02 May 2005
Posts: 80709
Location: Formerly Known As 24

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:23 pm    Post subject:


_________________
Tolerance is an agreement to live in peace, not an agreement to be peaceful no matter the conduct of others. A peace treaty is not a suicide pact.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 24 Oct 2001
Posts: 40000

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:35 pm    Post subject:

^The resemblance to Silver is uncanny

Silver isn't as bad as Stern, but that is like saying Syphilis isn't as bad as Aids.
_________________
Love, Laker Lanny
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
adkindo
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 16 Jun 2005
Posts: 20366
Location: Dirty South

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:34 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
^The resemblance to Silver is uncanny

Silver isn't as bad as Stern, but that is like saying Syphilis isn't as bad as Aids.


it really does.

Here is the thing....Stern is an easy guy to dislike, but the truth is the current NBA was built on his watch for the most part.....and the league became very successful under Stern.

I cannot stand Silver.....always seems like he is trying to hard to leave his mark or create a legacy outside of the shadow of Stern. Those things come from long term success....not silly rule changes to the All Star game.
_________________
"Lonzo Ball is the headline, Kyle Kuzma is the STORY!" Jalen Rose
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
RoyalPurple8
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 18 Oct 2017
Posts: 439

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:25 am    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
RoyalPurple8 wrote:
This is a cultural thing. You really cant be too mad at anybody here. .


At one time, discriminating against blacks was "a cultural thing." Lots of unsavory behavior was. It changed because people did get mad.


And it has taken decades to move past this. And still isnt resolved. So really this is just provong my point, that an actual change wont really happen for perhaps 20 years or so.

Also, if we are going to talk about discriminating against blacks, that will never stop as long as the rich and controllers are majority white men. I figure we got another 20 years before that even changes.

Also in the future, as more women attain higher social status and power there will be more sexual harassment where the women is the accused. The only reason men are the brunt of the accused is because they are in more places of power. Is this wrong or right is up for debate.

Men rarely file a complaint against women because of "pride" and admitting that a women psychologically abused you is embarrassing.

It starts in the home, since from the age of 3 men are taught to be the dominator in their relationships (which I do not think is 100% wrong). But then its deeper then that, parents need to be there for their kids and raise them as couples (it helps). But in this society people are sleeping with people they just met on the internet.

We would like to believe we are all created equal, but this is the biggest farce ever bestowed on us. If that was the case poor kids would have the same benefits as rich kids. There would be more white people playing sports, etc, etc....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 03 Feb 2004
Posts: 22148

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:06 pm    Post subject:

http://nba.nbcsports.com/2018/03/20/former-mavericks-marketing-manager-mark-cuban-oversaw-business-side-still-doesnt-get-it/

Quote:
Former Mavericks marketing manager: Mark Cuban oversaw business side, still doesnít get it

Sports Illustrated detailed a predatory environment Ė including sexual harassment and domestic violence Ė in the Mavericksí business office.

Mavericks owner Mark Cuban denied much interaction with the business side, expressed outrage this occurred and vowed to fix the problems.

Melissa Weishaupt, whom Sports Illustrated cited anonymously in its initial article, says Cuban hasnít responded appropriately.

Weishaupt in Sports Illustrated:

Iím using my name because Iím still not sure the Mavericks get it. Since the story broke, owner Mark Cuban has repeatedly claimed he oversaw only the basketball side of that franchise, not the business side.

Sorry. It doesnít work that way. You own 100% of the team, Mark. The buck stops with you. When I worked on the Mavsí business side, all marketing, promotional and broadcasting decisions went through you. Nothing was decided without your approval.

I am using my name because I am convinced that Cuban still doesnít recognize the culture heís helped create or the plight of the women who still work for him. From where I sit, Markís response was to rush in like some white knight in a T-shirt and jeans and yell, Donít worry, ladies of the Mavs, I will help you with paid counseling and a hotline you can call!

Now you want to help? We are not fragile flowers. We donít long for counseling. (As for that hotline: Iíve spoken with a dozen current and former team employees; we have no idea what this is or how to find it.) We want equitable pay. We need to be treated with respect. When deserved, we ought to be given the same promotions as our male counterparts.

This problematic culture exists throughout the world. It would hardly be a shock if it still exists within the Mavericks, even after a spotlight was shined on them. In fact, there are indications it does.

If Cuban is sincere in his desire to provide better conditions for the women working for him, he should listen to people like Weishaupt. He can defend himself if he disagrees with her claims, but he also shouldnít act as if he automatically knows all the solutions to these problems.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Jun 2006
Posts: 26096

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:36 pm    Post subject:

RoyalPurple8 wrote:
activeverb wrote:
RoyalPurple8 wrote:
This is a cultural thing. You really cant be too mad at anybody here. .


At one time, discriminating against blacks was "a cultural thing." Lots of unsavory behavior was. It changed because people did get mad.


And it has taken decades to move past this. And still isnt resolved. So really this is just provong my point, that an actual change wont really happen for perhaps 20 years or so.
.



Change doesn't come in one fell swoop. It doesn't happen magically while people sit back and wait for it happen. It happens because of tiny, unnoticed things that people do and say every day. You may not notice the change for 20 years, but that doesn't mean it's not happening and people aren't going things to make it happen. So I disagree with you completely.


Last edited by activeverb on Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 21 Jul 2012
Posts: 29464
Location: Holland

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:58 pm    Post subject:

so he's not getting forced to sell the team?
_________________
also sprach magic johnson
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jonnybravo
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 21 Sep 2007
Posts: 23839

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:27 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
^The resemblance to Silver is uncanny

Silver isn't as bad as Stern, but that is like saying Syphilis isn't as bad as Aids.


it really does.

Here is the thing....Stern is an easy guy to dislike, but the truth is the current NBA was built on his watch for the most part.....and the league became very successful under Stern.

I cannot stand Silver.....always seems like he is trying to hard to leave his mark or create a legacy outside of the shadow of Stern. Those things come from long term success....not silly rule changes to the All Star game.



I always thought he looked like Nosferatu.
_________________
All Aboard the Paul George 2018 Train. CHOO CHOO!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2010 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB