The Walking Dead
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:27 am    Post subject:

I guess im enjoying this season a bit more than others but I really cant see how they can keep this show fresh after this whole Negan war is over. They cant possibly recycle the whole "Rick and company run into yet another bad group of survivors" plot for the 100th time.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:33 am    Post subject:

This season is draaaaging, i think the first 3 episodes should've been 1 episode
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:51 am    Post subject:

The first episode sucked. The second episode was much better and reeled me back in. The third episode was okay.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:37 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
This season is draaaaging, i think the first 3 episodes should've been 1 episode

but, but, but...we still haven't gotten over Carl.

Time to start thinning the cast again. Now that Carl's gone, no need to keep Enid around. Tara should have been killed off a couple seasons ago or they have to start explaining how someone gains weight in a post-apocalyptic world when they're running around all the time with barely enough food to eat.

Honestly, they haven't added any new, interesting characters to the group since Abraham, Rosita and Eugene and that was four years ago. All the ones since then have been so generic.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:15 pm    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
governator wrote:

but, but, but...we still haven't gotten over Carl.

Time to start thinning the cast again. Now that Carl's gone, no need to keep Enid around. Tara should have been killed off a couple seasons ago or they have to start explaining how someone gains weight in a post-apocalyptic world when they're running around all the time with barely enough food to eat.

Honestly, they haven't added any new, interesting characters to the group since Abraham, Rosita and Eugene and that was four years ago. All the ones since then have been so generic.

And have Simon grow balls and try to take out Negan (with Lucille heavily featured)
Dominator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:41 pm    Post subject:

Did they ever explain why Maggie isn't showing yet? She's been pregnant for like 4 years. I'm starting to think there was a miscarriage story line and I missed it.
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:31 am    Post subject:

Dominator wrote:
Did they ever explain why Maggie isn't showing yet? She's been pregnant for like 4 years. I'm starting to think there was a miscarriage story line and I missed it.

I keep thinking she already had the baby because of this lol
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:25 pm    Post subject:

Walker Simon....
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:39 pm    Post subject:

i guess this is a love or hate it season for WD. I actually find this one of the best seasons IMO. It seems each episode pushes the plot further, not too much long drawn side plots or completely wasteful filler episodes.

one thing that really bugs me out is how they had the Saviors trapped yet they only had a handful of people watching over them while everyone else went back to their base to have a picnic.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:38 pm    Post subject:

It's a pretty decent season. Looking forward to the finale on Sunday.
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:55 pm    Post subject:

Stopped watching after LAST season.

The show was just dragging and was too damn repetitive.

It took 3 episodes to cover content you could probably get covered in HALF an episode..

Ep. 1 - Carl peels an orange... he hears a noise outside. Is it Negan? Is it walkers? Maybe a new threat?

Ep. 2 - It was just the wind. Carl continues peeling orange. Flashback to when he was 4 years old and eating an orange with his Mom and Dad.

Ep. 3 - Carl eats the orange, but bites his inner cheek. Ouch.

Terrible. I might eventually catch up... but I caught a few minutes of this new season and just the production value and "look" of it seemed poor quality.
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:44 am    Post subject:

PLATNUM wrote:
Stopped watching after LAST season.

The show was just dragging and was too damn repetitive.

It took 3 episodes to cover content you could probably get covered in HALF an episode..

Ep. 1 - Carl peels an orange... he hears a noise outside. Is it Negan? Is it walkers? Maybe a new threat?

Ep. 2 - It was just the wind. Carl continues peeling orange. Flashback to when he was 4 years old and eating an orange with his Mom and Dad.

Ep. 3 - Carl eats the orange, but bites his inner cheek. Ouch.

Terrible. I might eventually catch up... but I caught a few minutes of this new season and just the production value and "look" of it seemed poor quality.

thats why i think this is one of the best seasons... there has been much less "filler" junk compared to others
fansincemagic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:43 am    Post subject:

Some may not like the direction and the finale but I'm okay with it. Sounds like they made serious changes from the comic and it worked out okay in my book. The Maggie angle late looked forced, but it could be an interesting storyline. I'm taking into account that they're milking the Negan storyline but that's to be expected.
Huskers
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:53 am    Post subject:

fansincemagic wrote:
Some may not like the direction and the finale but I'm okay with it. Sounds like they made serious changes from the comic and it worked out okay in my book. The Maggie angle late looked forced, but it could be an interesting storyline. I'm taking into account that they're milking the Negan storyline but that's to be expected.

The biggest deviation from the comics is the killing of Carl. There's a few other things, but I think that's the one most comic fans point to as the big difference. As for Maggie, I get why she's so upset, Negan killed her husband, father to her soon to be born child. She's justifiable mad. The one thing of the finale that I wasn't fond of, was the lack of deaths. I for one don't need Daryl anymore, and there's a few more they could have sacrificed and still had the characters to pull off future story arcs from the comics.

Also a little bugged they didn't reveal more of the helicopter, hope they don't just ignore that going forward. I also wanted to see Sheryl (Dwight's wife) in the finale, and would like to have seen a tease to Heath for next season, giving two plot lines to leave fans talking about all summer.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:24 pm    Post subject:

It was interesting to see Morgan leave the show to join Fear The Walking Dead show.
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:18 pm    Post subject:

I thought the finale was decent but a little too clean cut... no deaths of anyone important.
But most of all I was left with almost no excitement or anticipation for next season. They will have an extremely hard time keeping me watching this next season if its just going to be a forced conflict between Maggie and Rick.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:55 pm    Post subject:

I am sure we will see next season more of that lady who gave that book to Maggie. Also I'd like to find out more about what's up with that helicopter.
Huskers
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:12 am    Post subject:

And for 2 seasons of 'All Out War' there were exactly 2 'name' characters killed off. Sasha by suicide and Carl by walker. No one really died from the war. I'll have to go and re-read the comics to see if it was any different
ElginBaylor
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:04 am    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
I thought the finale was decent but a little too clean cut... no deaths of anyone important.
But most of all I was left with almost no excitement or anticipation for next season. They will have an extremely hard time keeping me watching this next season if its just going to be a forced conflict between Maggie and Rick.

My guess is that big hoard of walkers they showed toward the end of the episode is going to come into play, most likely ushering in the whisperers.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:25 am    Post subject:

ElginBaylor wrote:
audioaxes wrote:

My guess is that big hoard of walkers they showed toward the end of the episode is going to come into play, most likely ushering in the whisperers.

There is a next season??? what else is there, Negan character came in like a bazooka, went out like a dud. Simon character had a 2 second burst then dud, all the 'heroes' are boring as hell at this point. Although that Eugene turn around story was nice
Huskers
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:12 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
ElginBaylor wrote:
audioaxes wrote:

There is a next season??? what else is there, Negan character came in like a bazooka, went out like a dud. Simon character had a 2 second burst then dud, all the 'heroes' are boring as hell at this point. Although that Eugene turn around story was nice

If they follow the source material, which will be hard to do without Carl, the next antagonist is a good one.
ElginBaylor
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:24 am    Post subject:

Huskers wrote:
governator wrote:
ElginBaylor wrote:
audioaxes wrote:

If they follow the source material, which will be hard to do without Carl, the next antagonist is a good one.

They've already named a new showrunner for next season. I'm sure they're quite aware of the drop in the show's popularity. Hopefully they'll address the concerns and right the ship.
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:50 am    Post subject:

ElginBaylor wrote:
audioaxes wrote:

been there done that with huge hoards of walkers. Its funny though how the last time there was a huge hoard they made a huge deal about it and came up with a complex plan to divert it but in the end Rick and a few others wipe it out with melee weapons in a few minutes.
ElginBaylor
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:05 am    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
ElginBaylor wrote:
audioaxes wrote:

been there done that with huge hoards of walkers. Its funny though how the last time there was a huge hoard they made a huge deal about it and came up with a complex plan to divert it but in the end Rick and a few others wipe it out with melee weapons in a few minutes.

The Whisperers is not a "been there done that" story line.
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 1:48 pm    Post subject:

the show died with shane
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3
Jump to: