Cavs investigating racial taunts of Spurs' Patty Mills

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:31 pm    Post subject: Cavs investigating racial taunts of Spurs' Patty Mills

http://nba.nbcsports.com/2018/02/26/cavaliers-investigating-racial-taunts-of-spurs-patty-mills/

Quote:
Cavaliers investigating racial taunts of Spurs’ Patty Mills

INDEPENDENCE, Ohio (AP) — The Cleveland Cavaliers are investigating whether they can identify the fan who racially taunted San Antonio guard Patty Mills.

Mills is black and from Australia with an Aboriginal heritage. He was at the foul line in the fourth quarter Sunday when a male spectator can be heard on the ABC broadcast yelling, “Hey, Jamaican dog, they want their bobsledder back. Hey, Mills, Jamaica just called, they want their bobsledder back!”

Mills posted a message on Twitter following the game thanking a fan who tweeted a clip of the taunts:

Patrick Mills

@Patty_Mills
Thanks @thats_Z_Truth. I am a proud Islander. Like my Jamaican Brothers, me & my family in the islands of the Torres Strait have experienced racial slurs for decades. Hope your efforts will enlighten this confused, hateful fan. #BlackHistoryMonth https://twitter.com/thats_z_truth/status/967899696395112448

11:34 PM - Feb 25, 2018
1,757 people are talking about this
Twitter Ads info and privacy
A Cavaliers spokesman said Monday the team is reviewing the matter.

Mills was not asked about being harassed following the Spurs’ 110-94 win.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: