David Fizdale has eyes on Lakers coaching job
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:45 am    Post subject: Re: David Fizdale has eyes on Lakers coaching job

Inspector Gadget wrote:
http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/news/nba-rumors-news-coaches-fired-hot-seat-david-fizdale-lakers-suns-magic-knicks-pistons/ivyy667icovh1xftio43vtxxw

This literally means LeBron is coming. cause Luke is still a young coach who can end up being a real good coach once we create a great roster.... this isn’t coincidence as Fizdale has been talking about the Lakers a lot lately and has been praising our young core

Not so fast my friend! .... Luke's job is secure, for now.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:46 am    Post subject:

Luke is a great young coach fit for a young team. We were looking like a playoff team prior to the most recent trade. He's doing a great job with what he has to work with right now.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:48 am    Post subject: Re: David Fizdale has eyes on Lakers coaching job

pio2u wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/news/nba-rumors-news-coaches-fired-hot-seat-david-fizdale-lakers-suns-magic-knicks-pistons/ivyy667icovh1xftio43vtxxw

This literally means LeBron is coming. cause Luke is still a young coach who can end up being a real good coach once we create a great roster.... this isn’t coincidence as Fizdale has been talking about the Lakers a lot lately and has been praising our young core

Not so fast my friend! .... Luke's job is secure, for now.

Agreed but Fizdale would be a fantastic addition to the assistant coaching staff
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:49 am    Post subject:

Let Luke build his own coaching staff.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:58 am    Post subject:

Harlemlakerfan wrote:
Look but don't touch! Luke is our coach! Lebron wants to come, He plays for Luke. If not, Kick rocks! we ain't turning our franchise upside down for a guy that has 3 years max as a top player.

You’re kidding, right? Lakers have backed themselves into a financial and media corner concerning free agency. If James and or George do not sign it will make the FO look foolish. They have to deliver. Or have a hell of a good reason why they didn’t.

I really dislike the plan to sign James but even I think that if by some miracle James is open to signing with Lakers I see no possible scenario they would choose Walton over him or any of his whims. Every player, coach, pick or job for his buddies is on the table.

In a weird way I would love to see the press conference where Magic announces they “almost” had James but they decided against it. Fans and media would crucify him. Even if it was the smart move.

And it should come as no surprise that the HC rumors will start. Walton is vulnerable as a young HC. The Lakers pull off the win now free agency I would expect multiple vet HCs to be interested and speculated about. Likely Fizdale is just the first.
bandiger
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:03 pm    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
Harlemlakerfan wrote:
Look but don't touch! Luke is our coach! Lebron wants to come, He plays for Luke. If not, Kick rocks! we ain't turning our franchise upside down for a guy that has 3 years max as a top player.

You’re kidding, right? Lakers have backed themselves into a financial and media corner concerning free agency. If James and or George do not sign it will make the FO look foolish. They have to deliver. Or have a hell of a good reason why they didn’t.

I really dislike the plan to sign James but even I think that if by some miracle James is open to signing with Lakers I see no possible scenario they would choose Walton over him or any of his whims. Every player, coach, pick or job for his buddies is on the table.

In a weird way I would love to see the press conference where Magic announces they “almost” had James but they decided against it. Fans and media would crucify him. Even if it was the smart move.

The only safe coaches are the ones that can win a ring or two. I have no loyalty to Luke or any coach that hasn't won anything. So yeah if PG/Lebron/any "star" wants a new coach, fine by me
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:03 pm    Post subject:

Harlemlakerfan wrote:

Eh, I am already prepared for Lebron to not come here and I hope he does not honestly. This young team is doing great now with Luke as their coach. These kids will only get better with Randle and BI nearing all-star status in 2 years or less.

Get PG since he is not so old, lock up the the kids and keep Luke and I would be perfectly happy! We have had waaaaay to many coaching changes over the past few years. Enjoy the ride folks!
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:05 pm    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
Luke is safe, unless we go on a 20 game losing streak to end the season. Sorry, Fizdale.

Yeah it would take a collapse to end the season.

Luke will be back. If he is not it’s because they placated Lebron to get him here and that’s not a good thing tbh.

I haven’t been a big fan of Luke’s rotation at times but it’s been ok overall and as others have said, the defensive improvement coupled with potentially 35+ wins is pretty solid.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:07 pm    Post subject:

Nope.
kwase
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:27 pm    Post subject:

Fizdale & lebron = NO!
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:28 pm    Post subject:

6th best record in the whole league in 2018... no need for new coach
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:32 pm    Post subject:

People would think twice about taking this job in the future if we were to let Luke go for no reason. It's a terrible look, and even worse karma if you believe in that type of stuff. If Lebron's condition to signing here was that we need to fire Luke and hire his guy Fizdale, I'd say no thanks. I'm sure many here would disagree, but I personally don't believe in doing (bleep) that way.
ibitegirls
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:37 pm    Post subject:

Sounds legit.

44TheLogo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:38 pm    Post subject:

"unemployed coach david fizdale has eyes on any coaching job"
trablos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:43 pm    Post subject:

Harlemlakerfan wrote:

And it should come as no surprise that the HC rumors will start. Walton is vulnerable as a young HC. The Lakers pull off the win now free agency I would expect multiple vet HCs to be interested and speculated about. Likely Fizdale is just the first.

It's a good thing NBA FO's don't answer to fans. Fans will be fans, but doing the right thing despite public perception is what is important.
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:47 pm    Post subject:

well that's too damn bad for you, fizzy
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:02 pm    Post subject:

TheBlackMamba wrote:
People would think twice about taking this job in the future if we were to let Luke go for no reason. It's a terrible look, and even worse karma if you believe in that type of stuff. If Lebron's condition to signing here was that we need to fire Luke and hire his guy Fizdale, I'd say no thanks. I'm sure many here would disagree, but I personally don't believe in doing (bleep) that way.

Was it a good look when Jeannie brought Magic in as an advisor? And then Magic goes on tv saying he's here to help Mitch and Jim? Considering how things went down around here, all bets are off. And how can anybody say a NBA job is safe or secure? If Bron says he'll ink if Fizdale comes with him, you guys are kidding yourselfs if you think Maginka won't think about it long and hard, and ultimately push comes to shove... Luke would be gone! Consider our dry spell, our desperation, the desire to make a splash. so much so you've traded Russell, JC and Nance. If that's Lebron's ultimatum, I think Maginka will say bye bye to Luke.
BynumForThree
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:06 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
BynumForThree wrote:
Just like your 50 win prediction before the season, this isn't happening.

Yeah and according to you Lonzo isn’t good

Actually his production is right where I predicted although he's scoring less and playing much better defense than any of us thought. You had him averaging 15 assists a game and winning ROY so I can't imagine how you feel.

For all of you out there questioning Jimmer Fredette of BYU, he is the real deal. - Magic Johnson Mar 20, 2011
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:20 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
TheBlackMamba wrote:

Was it a good look when Jeannie brought Magic in as an advisor? And then Magic goes on tv saying he's here to help Mitch and Jim? Considering how things went down around here, all bets are off. And how can anybody say a NBA job is safe or secure? If Bron says he'll ink if Fizdale comes with him, you guys are kidding yourselfs if you think Maginka won't think about it long and hard, and ultimately push comes to shove... Luke would be gone! Consider our dry spell, our desperation, the desire to make a splash. so much so you've traded Russell, JC and Nance. If that's Lebron's ultimatum, I think Maginka will say bye bye to Luke.

Well I don't disagree with you about what Maginka's tendencies have proven to be over the last year, but was just talking about my personal preference. That being said, I will say that at least they had reasons for ousting Jim and Mitch (however poorly it was actually executed) and trading the guys you mentioned gave us more flexibility overall and additional assets that justified those moves.

What reason would they give for firing Luke, other than telling the world that Lebron has them by the balls? Might as well appoint him as assistant GM at that point and be done with it.
AllorNothing
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:22 pm    Post subject:

if Lebron comes here, he will push Luke out and force the FO to hire FIzdale.
Wino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:27 pm    Post subject:

TheBlackMamba wrote:

What hire a coach to appease a player??

Let me see, how many times has this happened to the Lakers?

Westhead was fired to appease Magic. Riley was hired to appease West. (LOL) but true! Phil was hired to appease Shaq and then again to appease Kobe. Rambis was fired to appease Shaq.

Go around the league and research this, it is one of the most common things that occurs in the NBA!!

I am liking Luke right now, and honestly, would be a bit blown away if someone like Lebron wanted him removed in order to sign here. It would be a short sited demand.

I'm on the border about it being over Lebron, simply because I think he is entering the twilight of his career and I would hate to lose a franchise type coach over a guy who played out his career here and we never won a ring with. That being said, if a younger superstar such as PG or Kawhi were not happy with Lukes approach and it was a deal breaker, then a change of coach is simply the best option we have. In the end, players win rings, coaches only help them. If a superstar really doesn't believe Luke can help them win a ring, then up to the FO to determine the validity of that and either go with what the player wants or try to convince them, they are wrong.

I have had my doubts about Luke, but like Randle, I feel much better about him after this year and would like to see him continue as our coach.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:31 pm    Post subject:

Fiz, go to UCLA to replace Alford.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:31 pm    Post subject:

BynumForThree wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
BynumForThree wrote:
Just like your 50 win prediction before the season, this isn't happening.

Yeah and according to you Lonzo isn’t good

Actually his production is right where I predicted although he's scoring less and playing much better defense than any of us thought. You had him averaging 15 assists a game and winning ROY so I can't imagine how you feel.

If we had shooters he would be getting 10+ assists
Gatekeeper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:32 pm    Post subject:

Can he teach our players to shoot free throws?
av3773
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:34 pm    Post subject:

He'll make a fine assistant coach
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4
Jump to: