Do you WANT to see LeBron become a Laker?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you want LeBron to become a Laker?
Yes
36%
 36%  [ 100 ]
No
52%
 52%  [ 141 ]
Undecided
11%
 11%  [ 30 ]
Total Votes : 271

yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:11 pm    Post subject:

splashmtn wrote:
2019 wrote:
Randle, LeBron, Ingram, George, Lonzo, Kuzma, Hart, Zu, Bryant

uh, yes.

What if I told you, you could have prime cousins pre injury or ANthony davis instead of bron. would you still take bron over those 2?

My #1 option was PG13/Boogie b/f the injury b/c it would still allow BI to slot at "SF." That injury though, pass.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:29 pm    Post subject:

Lebron fits perfectly with our young core... not sure why you wouldn’t
kwase
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:30 pm    Post subject:

I think we play them on Sunday and the fans should let the FO know to stay away from that drama queen by chanting STAY IN CLEVELAND!
BynumForThree
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:54 pm    Post subject:

splashmtn wrote:
2019 wrote:

uh, yes.

What if I told you, you could have prime cousins pre injury or ANthony davis instead of bron. would you still take bron over those 2?

What if I told you, you could switch Golden State's roster with ours?

What's the point of the hypothetical? Davis isn't available and Boogie had a devastating injury.

For all of you out there questioning Jimmer Fredette of BYU, he is the real deal. - Magic Johnson Mar 20, 2011
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:55 pm    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:

Perfectly? He plays the same position as randle, he needs the ball in his hands taking it away from ingram/ball, and he comes with his own personnel decisions and coach. Not to mention the 35m cap space that could be spent on retaining some of our promising players...
jg77
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:57 pm    Post subject:

Not at all and LeBron is on the decline. He would also make Lonzo redundant.
akk7
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:25 pm    Post subject:

These poll results are insane. The majority of Laker fans don’t want arguably the greatest basketball player, if not a top 5 player ever, who still is the best player in the league to join this team?

A lot of it stems from Lebron challenging and surpassing Kobe’s legacy, but Lebron immediately makes us a title contender.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:40 pm    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:

Perfectly? He plays the same position as randle, he needs the ball in his hands taking it away from ingram/ball, and he comes with his own personnel decisions and coach. Not to mention the 35m cap space that could be spent on retaining some of our promising players...

Similar game to Randle but on a great team, he’s just a guy who defends, rebounds and finishes dumpoffs/in transition. Fits well. Lonzo has been more efficient off the ball this year in the half court and looks like a great spot up shooter going forward. Ingram is the secondary playmaker that Lebron needs. They all have huge defensive potential and are already good on that end. Great fits.

I’ve said from the beginning Lebron shouldn’t decide coach/personal. Lebrons worth more than we’re allowed to pay him so doesn’t matter to me.
DLaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:42 pm    Post subject:

Stupid not to want Lebron. He instantly makes us a contender if he is willing to join our squad. He is not joining a team like GS which was already a title contender like Durant did. This is actually going to be a challenge for him to get us a championship. Doing so make him the only Star that lead 3 team to a championship, which will cement his legacy. So if he willing to come here knowing its no sure lock to even get to the finals (The West). I'm am in favor of Lebron coming here. Him signing here, rather than staying in the east (easier path to the final) or joining Houston or GS will renew my bias about him taking the easy way all the time.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:43 pm    Post subject:

DLaker wrote:
Stupid not to want Lebron. He instantly makes us a contender if he is willing to join our squad. He is not joining a team like GS which was already a title contender like Durant did. This is actually going to be a challenge for him to get us a championship. Doing so make him the only Star that lead 3 team to a championship, which will cement his legacy. So if he willing to come here knowing its no sure lock to even get to the finals (The West). I'm am in favor of Lebron coming here. Him signing here, rather than staying in the east (easier path to the final) or joining Houston or GS will renew my bias about him taking the easy way all the time.

Yup stay on the Cavs or change the narrative, i.e. win a ring with 3 different teams as a main guy (unlike Horry/John Salley).
DLaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:54 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
DLaker wrote:

Yup stay on the Cavs or change the narrative, i.e. win a ring with 3 different teams as a main guy (unlike Horry/John Salley).

Don't understand why so many NO. Our young core can really learn form him n by the time he retires, Zo & BI can be the man for our team. We could be looking at least a 10 year window of championship caliber basketball.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:32 pm    Post subject:

akk7 wrote:
These poll results are insane. The majority of Laker fans don’t want arguably the greatest basketball player, if not a top 5 player ever, who still is the best player in the league to join this team?

A lot of it stems from Lebron challenging and surpassing Kobe’s legacy, but Lebron immediately makes us a title contender.

Actually, I think the biggest factor is a fear that he will make a bunch of demands as conditions for signing. As you say, there is also some general antipathy toward Lebron, some of which dates back to Kobe. But I sense that the circus aspects of Lebron are a bigger factor right now.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:48 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
akk7 wrote:

Actually, I think the biggest factor is a fear that he will make a bunch of demands as conditions for signing. As you say, there is also some general antipathy toward Lebron, some of which dates back to Kobe. But I sense that the circus aspects of Lebron are a bigger factor right now.

That and the fear that he'll want too long a contract, resulting in him still being on the books after his effectiveness has waned. There is a reasonable concern that the rest of Lebron's career arch doesn't match the probable development of our team.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:58 pm    Post subject:

Two things we fear about LeBron

1. GM LeBron

2. Farewell Tour LeBron

Both ideas scare the crap out of me as a Lakers fan

I'm good with him if he leaves the core alone... and if the front office cuts him loose as soon as he's no longer effective.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:58 pm    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:

1. GM LeBron

2. Farewell Tour LeBron

I'm good with him if he leaves the core alone... and if the front office cuts him loose as soon as he's no longer effective.

It would be funny if he played four years here and in the fourth broke Kareem's all-time scoring record.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:58 pm    Post subject:

akk7 wrote:

Right. The bold is probably the primary reason. So many fans have grown accustomed to hating LeBron passionately and minimizing/downplaying his greatness to make Kobe come out on top in the Kobe vs LeBron debate. For them, cheering for LeBron in a Lakers uniform is like cheering for Hitler or something.

But if LeBron leads the Lakers to two titles, causing the org to finally pass Boston, he gets his jersey retired and a statue outside of Staples at absolute minimum. When you combine that with the CLE championship, that might be enough to finally put him over Jordan, even if he ends his career with one less title.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:05 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

1. GM LeBron

2. Farewell Tour LeBron

It would be funny if he played four years here and in the fourth broke Kareem's all-time scoring record.

Being perfectly objective... Kareem missed four years where he would have dominated. LeBron deserves the record if he gets it... but Kareem would have still done well without Wooden and would have put it even further out of reach.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:15 pm    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
akk7 wrote:

Right. The bold is probably the primary reason. So many fans have grown accustomed to hating LeBron passionately and minimizing/downplaying his greatness to make Kobe come out on top in the Kobe vs LeBron debate. For them, cheering for LeBron in a Lakers uniform is like cheering for Hitler or something.

But if LeBron leads the Lakers to two titles, causing the org to finally pass Boston, he gets his jersey retired and a statue outside of Staples at absolute minimum. When you combine that with the CLE championship, that might be enough to finally put him over Jordan, even if he ends his career with one less title.

Maybe not over MJ but you have to change the playing field. MJ went 6/6 in the Finals and for whatever reason that’s all people care about. Win championships on 3 different team changes the narrative away from MN’s home couwith t advantage. People would say LBJ’s greatness was getting 3 different teams to win.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:51 pm    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
activeverb wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

1. GM LeBron

2. Farewell Tour LeBron

Being perfectly objective... Kareem missed four years where he would have dominated. LeBron deserves the record if he gets it... but Kareem would have still done well without Wooden and would have put it even further out of reach.

Most likely.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:00 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Judah wrote:
akk7 wrote:

Maybe not over MJ but you have to change the playing field. MJ went 6/6 in the Finals and for whatever reason that’s all people care about. Win championships on 3 different team changes the narrative away from MN’s home couwith t advantage. People would say LBJ’s greatness was getting 3 different teams to win.

I don't think it's one simple explanation. I rarely hear people use MJ 6/6 as the big deal for justifying him as GOAT; it's just one more thing on the pile, not "the" thing. MJ had the X factor and his game and personality astounded people in a way no one really has before or since. He won three rings, retired and came back, won three more rings and then retired again, so his career has a certain mythology.

Every great player has a narrative -- Wilt, Russell, Kareem, Kobe, Shaq. If Lebron won on three teams, sure, some people would push that narrative, but it wouldn't matter to a lot of people (and some people would see it as a negative -- all that hopping around), and I doubt he would trump MJ in most people's eyes because of that.
trablos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:10 pm    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
akk7 wrote:

Don't be foolish, it's not that cut and dry. I've long been a proud lebron hater but if he comes here I will welcome him with open arms and be elated if he can help us win a chip or two. Kobe's legacy is set, to suggest lebron's success will diminish Kobe's legacy is silly.

The real concerns are as others mentioned, him wanting to play GM, the 35mm it will cost us, and the possible hindering of our youth's development (which I think he will help more than hurt).
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:51 pm    Post subject:

trablos wrote:
Judah wrote:
akk7 wrote:

Don't be foolish, it's not that cut and dry. I've long been a proud lebron hater but if he comes here I will welcome him with open arms and be elated if he can help us win a chip or two. Kobe's legacy is set, to suggest lebron's success will diminish Kobe's legacy is silly.

The real concerns are as others mentioned, him wanting to play GM, the 35mm it will cost us, and the possible hindering of our youth's development (which I think he will help more than hurt).

What's truly "foolish" is thinking that people who have hated LeBron's guts relentlessly over the course of his career are just completely divorcing that while they evaluate whether or not they want him to sign with the Lakers. If you're truly doing that, hey, pat yourself on the back and give yourself a high five or something. But I don't think those other things, while important, strike at the heart for why the vast majority don't want him to come. But it's not like I'd ever expect anyone to admit to what I believe is the true reason. Would you expect someone to admit that they don't wash their hands after they use the bathroom? I wouldn't.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:17 pm    Post subject:

BynumForThree wrote:
splashmtn wrote:
2019 wrote:

uh, yes.

What if I told you, you could switch Golden State's roster with ours?

What's the point of the hypothetical? Davis isn't available and Boogie had a devastating injury.

Yeah I'm with Bynum here but yeah, I'd take AD every day.

Davis
Randle/Kuzzz
Ingram
George/Hart
Lonzo

That roster is the favorite for the next decade...

but what's the point of this. AD is not an option for 3 more years.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:21 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Judah wrote:
akk7 wrote:

Personally, I really don't see what's so glorious about being able to say he's won with three different teams. But bringing a championship to Cleveland, not only ending that historically-long drought, but returning to the same city and fan base that burned his jersey? Not to mention beating the team with the greatest regular season record ever after being down 3-1 in the series. Then, you follow that up with restoring the Lakers to glory and being the one who pushed them pass the Celtics for the most championships ever for a franchise?

I don't see how any player can ever come along and realistically put together a more compelling resume than that when it comes to making a legitimate case for being greater than Jordan.
cathy78
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:09 am    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:

I'm not sure he survives the pace these young guys play. He already is gassed in regular games with much lower pace...
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 6 of 11
Jump to: