Do you WANT to see LeBron become a Laker?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you want LeBron to become a Laker?
Yes
36%
 36%  [ 100 ]
No
52%
 52%  [ 141 ]
Undecided
11%
 11%  [ 30 ]
Total Votes : 271

yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:30 pm    Post subject:

If Embiid goes so to the 76ers. Not sure I’d trust the balance of my career on embiid’s health.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:35 pm    Post subject:

Of course.

He is still a brilliant player and could get our young studs open looks all over the place.
Roon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:02 am    Post subject:

Yeah Lebron is really good.

I don't blame him for taking games off this season. If it takes him a ton of effort to put the whole team on his back against a young athletic team fast based team, I can understand why he may not want to waste the energy. We wouldn't need him to go nuclear to be a solid playoff team next year. Have him fresh for the playoffs and we'd be way more dangerous than with signing any other player in FA.

His day off was 24pts 7asts 10 rebounds tho, so I'm down to sign a player like that. If he comes here I hope he takes days off, and let the young kids do the heavy lifting. Randle, Ingram, and Ball will be able to win games without Lebrons or PG's help.
ingle
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:12 am    Post subject:

Let's say it once again

OH HELL NOOOOOOOOOOOOO*

* If this is the same pseudo-GM, bad body language, all about my legacy screw my team Lebron that we are seeing now. If he just wants to shut up, work hard and play ball I'll take him, but I think that might be too much to ask for.
DShotMaker1824
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:16 am    Post subject:

ingle wrote:
Let's say it once again

OH HELL NOOOOOOOOOOOOO*

* If this is the same pseudo-GM, bad body language, all about my legacy screw my team Lebron that we are seeing now. If he just wants to shut up, work hard and play ball I'll take him, but I think that might be too much to ask for.

"Through the legs to the left, through the legs to the right, we don't run them Laker plays, we just Kobe fadeaway..."
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:21 am    Post subject:

This is immediately a top 2-3 team in the NBA.

Lonzo/2nd round pick (Holiday )
PG/Hart
LBJ/BI
Jules/Kuz
Brook/Zub/Bryant.

Death lineup

Lonzo
PG
BI
LBJ
Jules.

That closing lineup can take down the Warriors IMO, and since 3 of the 5 guys are young, each year we will continue to get better too while older teams like the Warriors/Rox decline and/or get too pricey to maintain.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:22 am    Post subject:

Roon wrote:

I don't blame him for taking games off this season. If it takes him a ton of effort to put the whole team on his back against a young athletic team fast based team, I can understand why he may not want to waste the energy. We wouldn't need him to go nuclear to be a solid playoff team next year. Have him fresh for the playoffs and we'd be way more dangerous than with signing any other player in FA.

His day off was 24pts 7asts 10 rebounds tho, so I'm down to sign a player like that. If he comes here I hope he takes days off, and let the young kids do the heavy lifting. Randle, Ingram, and Ball will be able to win games without Lebrons or PG's help.

No question James is really good.

But I find a contradiction in your expectations. Not just you but many seem to have them. The expectations for James "leading" the Lakers are flawed IMO.

James changes the team. Some good as you state but some bad too. If he signs the Lakers will not be the young athletic fast paced team any longer. James is not signing to be a support player. The team takes on his identity, not he to the Lakers style. James has the ball in his hands to initiate the offense.

The very things that is making the Laker team special is what will need to change to accommodate James. How much of the fast paced athletic style that Walton is developing will need to be changed? Which players that fit one style will need to be moved to fit the James style. Cavs west?

Any team he is on he will be the sun that the planets revolve around. Especially a extremely young Laker team.

Another concept that many seem to be ignoring. The Cavs have struggled on defense. Both before and after the big trade. James is the main constant. Team takes on his demeanor and attitude. Is it "al the other guys" or is he coasting on defense?

How many times did you hear the announcers during the telecast last night commenting about effort and communication on defense? Or did you see him flat footed and watching a layup or not closing out on a three point shot?

Despite the stats and highlight reels James is not the same player he was four years ago. That is not going to get better. I am seeing many of those same traits we saw with Kobe's Farewell Tour. An incredible player still capable of occasional reminders of his greatness but on a consistent basis just not the same. With young players deferring to him out of respect.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:25 am    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
Roon wrote:

But I find a contradiction in your expectations. Not just you but many seem to have them. The expectations for James "leading" the Lakers are flawed IMO.

James changes the team. Some good as you state but some bad too. If he signs the Lakers will not be the young athletic fast paced team any longer. James is not signing to be a support player. The team takes on his identity, not he to the Lakers style. James has the ball in his hands to initiate the offense.

The very things that is making the Laker team special is what will need to change to accommodate James. How much of the fast paced athletic style that Walton is developing will need to be changed? Which players that fit one style will need to be moved to fit the James style. Cavs west?

Any team he is on he will be the sun that the planets revolve around. Especially a extremely young Laker team.

Another concept that many seem to be ignoring. The Cavs have struggled on defense. Both before and after the big trade. James is the main constant. Team takes on his demeanor and attitude. Is it "al the other guys" or is he coasting on defense?

How many times did you hear the announcers during the telecast last night commenting about effort and communication on defense? Or did you see him flat footed and watching a layup or not closing out on a three point shot?

Despite the stats and highlight reels James is not the same player he was four years ago. That is not going to get better. I am seeing many of those same traits we saw with Kobe's Farewell Tour. An incredible player still capable of occasional reminders of his greatness but on a consistent basis just not the same.

You know there is about a -300% chance Magic turns down LBJ.

Difference b/w KFT and LBJ now is no Achilles injury. And LBJ can still impose his size/physicality even if he loses a step, basically, play "PF" in crunch time instead of "SF." So instead of guarding KD for example, that would fall on PG13 (better defender). He would guard Iggy probably and freelance off the ball.
Zubolo
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:34 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

PG/Hart
LBJ/BI
Jules/Kuz
Brook/Zub/Bryant.

Death lineup

Lonzo
PG
BI
LBJ
Jules.

That closing lineup can take down the Warriors IMO, and since 3 of the 5 guys are young, each year we will continue to get better too while older teams like the Warriors/Rox decline and/or get too pricey to maintain.

Not bad but as I've stated in a different thread, I will break the mould and go death line-up from the tip. Instead of Brook, I will sign a capable backup PG like Seth Curry or possibly Tyreke Evans.

I will then acquire a likely buy-out candidate like Tyson Chandler, Kyle O Quinn or Dedmon for the vet min. Worst case, Pachulia

C - Randle/Zub/Chandler/T Bryant
F - Lebron/Kuz
F - Ingram/James Ennis(vet min)/2nd rd pick
G - PG13/J Hart
G - Ball/Seth Curry

What Randle gives up in size against few bigs like Embiid, Jokic, Nurkic.. he makes up for in speed. If he struggles to begin with.. sub in Chandler.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:37 am    Post subject:

I don't think Tyreke is available at the room. He's going to get 10-12m/year offers. Seth Curry maybe, but he's not in a closing lineup either, and I don't trust Jules to play full time center. There's a reason why other teams have ceremonial starting centers.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:41 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Roon wrote:

Despite the stats and highlight reels James is not the same player he was four years ago. That is not going to get better. I am seeing many of those same traits we saw with Kobe's Farewell Tour. An incredible player still capable of occasional reminders of his greatness but on a consistent basis just not the same.

You know there is about a -300% chance Magic turns down LBJ.

Difference b/w KFT and LBJ now is no Achilles injury. And LBJ can still impose his size/physicality even if he loses a step, basically, play "PF" in crunch time instead of "SF." So instead of guarding KD for example, that would fall on PG13 (better defender). He would guard Iggy probably and freelance off the ball.

Not disagreeing that the FO would not sign James. My point is the same as it has been for months. It is a business and ego decision instead of a good basketball decision. Signing James is a path in the wrong direction.

My response was to the idea that the Lakers and James can somehow blend and co-exist. I'm skeptical. Any positive chemistry the young Laker coaching staff and players have developed is squandered to become a support system for the James Farewell Tour.

Only a matter of time before a mouthpiece for a disgruntled James is "secretly" reporting that James does not have enough help to be competitive. Accountability for any issues is obviously not on James. "He's one of the best players in the world."

As I stated, Cavs West. Only suffering more losses in a deeper Western Conference.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:44 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Signing James is a path in the wrong direction.

I don't think that's objectively agreed upon, even by non-Lakers fans.

In fact outside of Lakers world, fans think we are delusional to believe that a top 3 player like LBJ and PG13 will come.

Taking a stance that we're too good for LBJ or that he doesn't fit in is probably a laughable concept outside the Lakers hall.
NBALakerLegends
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:45 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

PG/Hart
LBJ/BI
Jules/Kuz
Brook/Zub/Bryant.

Death lineup

Lonzo
PG
BI
LBJ
Jules.

I would definitely say get Lebron if we can end up with a lineup like this.

Lebron and Randle would be your fast ball handling freight train bigs while Ingram and George fill the break and Lonzo starting it. All five can pretty much go coast to coast. That would be a fast, physical, lengthy and versatile lineup that could go against any 4th quarter lineup.

I would like a better backup PG but LBJ can fill in the backup PG spot when Zo comes out. BI would be able to as well. A 3+D PG would be perfect.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:01 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:
Signing James is a path in the wrong direction.

I don't think that's objectively agreed upon, even by non-Lakers fans.

In fact outside of Lakers world, fans think we are delusional to believe that a top 3 player like LBJ and PG13 will come.

Taking a stance that we're too good for LBJ or that he doesn't fit in is probably a laughable concept outside the Lakers hall.

I have never stated the Lakers are "too good" for James.

My point is the path chosen. Lakers are an emerging young team. James is a quick fix win now signing. IMO the plans are not compatible.

Sign James and all assets and energy have to go to winning in the next season or two. Despite assertions otherwise, James is declining and will only continue to do so over the next year or two. Or the other option is to show some patience and let the young roster develop into professionals and have a longer run.

Both paths have risks. Both have advantages. But they do not intersect. And I have my preference. Even if it goes against the majority opinion as "laughable".
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:04 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Sign James and all assets and energy have to go to winning in the next season or two. Despite assertions otherwise, James is declining and will only continue to do so over the next year or two. Or the other option is to show some patience and let the young roster develop into professionals and have a longer run.

He is declining from an all-time great level. It's not a decline from say Deng in 2015 to 2017. I disagree about a 2 year window too. B/c you have a 33 year old LBJ, a 29 year old PG13 (next year), and then a slew of younger bodies, there's a way to extend this window of contention for a long period.

Warriors have a bunch of guys approaching 30 and over with a ton of wear/tear from extended playoffs. Rox have CP3 who is breaking down (though amazing when healthy).
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:12 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:

He is declining from an all-time great level. It's not a decline from say Deng in 2015 to 2017. I disagree about a 2 year window too. B/c you have a 33 year old LBJ, a 29 year old PG13 (next year), and then a slew of younger bodies, there's a way to extend this window of contention for a long period.

Warriors have a bunch of guys approaching 30 and over with a ton of wear/tear from extended playoffs. Rox have CP3 who is breaking down (though amazing when healthy).

I see your point. Just disagree with the results.

Don't get me wrong, if the Lakers are able to assemble the roster you have outlined or sign James I am not suddenly disowning my team.

Just do not see the dominoes all falling so neatly into place in free agency or during the course of a long season.
trablos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:12 am    Post subject:

I think there's also the fact that the league office may somehow put pressure on James not to come out west which would deplete the east even further. I'm not sure how it would play out but I'm sure they will be in his people's ear about it.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:13 am    Post subject:

trablos wrote:
I think there's also the fact that the league office may somehow put pressure on James not to come out west which would deplete the east even further. I'm not sure how it would play out but I'm sure they will be in his people's ear about it.

IMO you'll magically (pun intended) see a restructuring of the playoff format.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:19 am    Post subject:

trablos wrote:

Not sure how he League office could exert any pressure.

Honestly I think the pressure is more about his legacy and money. IMO he stays in Cleveland for the super max or close to it. He rides out his final couple years competing in the East and being adored by his Cleveland fans.

Going to be an interesting free agency period. After what I am expecting to be an exciting playoff season of course!

All this free agency and team building discussion, but there is still a lot of season left to watch.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:28 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
trablos wrote:

IMO you'll magically (pun intended) see a restructuring of the playoff format.

This goes off on a tangent but changing the format is not a simple as just seeding the 16 teams from both conferences. To make it fair there has to be a re-scheduling of equal games played by teams against both conferences.

How can they seed an 8th seed from the East that had an East heavy schedule over a 9th or 10th Western team that had a tougher Western conference schedule.

Basically conferences and potentially divisions would need to be eliminated. Every team would need to play every other team equal times to make it "fair". I have never seen this addressed by Silver or analysts when the topic comes up.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:20 am    Post subject:

My point is the path chosen. Lakers are an emerging young team. James is a quick fix win now signing. IMO the plans are not compatible.

I agree. However, Magic has committed us to this course. If we do not sign both Lebron and PG this summer, we just wasted a bunch of assets for minimal return.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:31 am    Post subject:

How can they seed an 8th seed from the East that had an East heavy schedule over a 9th or 10th Western team that had a tougher Western conference schedule.

I don't know why that would be a problem. Fans of the 9th and 10th place teams would gripe, and so would some click bait sports writers. But the reality is that all of those teams would likely be gone after the first round anyway, and probably after 5 games or so. Right this moment, under a 16 team format, the Heat and Bucks would make the playoffs over the Nuggets and Jazz. I don't think there would be a lot of outrage about that.
Texas_Pete
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:34 am    Post subject:

Uh, hell yeah.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:47 am    Post subject:

Roon wrote:

Despite the stats and highlight reels James is not the same player he was four years ago. That is not going to get better. I am seeing many of those same traits we saw with Kobe's Farewell Tour. An incredible player still capable of occasional reminders of his greatness but on a consistent basis just not the same. With young players deferring to him out of respect.

He’s not the same player he was 2 years ago. He was a defensive liability in last year’s Finals. It shouldn’t be a surprise, he is on the wrong side of 30 and has played in 8 straight Finals. That is like playing 10 seasons in 8 years. Of course he is going to slow down. The IQ will still be there but the athleticism is going. The question is, how quickly?
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:33 pm    Post subject:

no
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 10 of 11
Jump to: