LAKERS -vs- BLAZERS – 3-5-18 - Game Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 51, 52, 53, 54, 55  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fracture
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:09 pm    Post subject:

Whatever I'm over it. It took lillard a monster game to beat us without Ingram and Hart. Onto the next.
The God Particle
Star Player
Star Player

samnizam wrote:
Megaton wrote:
And WHY THE (bleep) IS LONZO THE ONE INBOUNDING THE BALL!?

HOW ABOUT CALL A PLAY FOR HIM INSTEAD OF OUR VET CHOKERS LIKE IT AND KCP!?

Every (bleep) time in a close game against a playoff team, every time. Luke destroys us. Every time. He is literally the exact opposite of Dantoni with drawing up plays.

Lonzo is not Kobe Bryant. Get grip Lonzo fans

Yeah, this game was another reminder that Lonzo simply struggles to create his own shot. He's got many strengths, but giving him the ball in the last 10 seconds of a game is definitely not one of them. In fact, it's a glaring weakness that we can't go to our PG in those instances.

Last edited by The God Particle on Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
samnizam
Star Player
Star Player

Would anyone blame Lonzo. God it’s like Donald trump supporters what ever he does is forgiven.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

ChickenStu wrote:
adkindo wrote:
mookielala wrote:
Vancouver Fan wrote:
That wasn't a good pass by Lonzo there either.

True. It looked like Portland was covering well.

its on those 4 other guys to get open....I did not like the decision by Lonzo, but I really could not see it from his vantage point....but nobody was wide open...I can say that for sure

He had to do that, the 5 seconds was about to come up. He just threw a good pass to the tallest guy where he had a chance to get it. No one was open. It was a good decision, and it led to IT having the ball while open. He just didn't make a good play with the ball in his hands, unfortunately.

that was my point....I did not like where the ball went....and nobody appeared to get open to me...which is their responsibility....but I cannot say what he was seeing
Harlemlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

We lost this game because of one reason, and one reason only! Dame Lillard went nuclear on us, period. The have a top shelf level player and we don't! End of story.
Laker_Town
Retired Number
Retired Number

Lonzo wouldn't be able to get off that shot with someone over him.

Let's be real here.

Running a play for him in that scenario requires a good screen to free him up for a good moment.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

LAkers 4 Life wrote:
Megaton wrote:

Every (bleep) time in a close game against a playoff team, every time. Luke destroys us. Every time. He is literally the exact opposite of Dantoni with drawing up plays.

The guy inbounding the ball usually gets the ball back to make a play. Lakers were just completely AWFUL getting open to receive the pass. They were almost bailed out too. If IT makes that free-throw, who knows what could've happened with the momentum.

When was the last time this team ever drew up a play when the inbounder ever got the ball back in the closing minutes?

This is a Luke coached team. That literally never happens. Whoever inbounds it never gets it back, because Luke doesn’t work that way.
chantruong
Star Player
Star Player

PRLakeShow wrote:
And Luke wasting timeouts early comes back to bite us in the ass. He really needs to stop doing this (bleep).

We also need to not go down double digits early in the game.

Last edited by chantruong on Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
samnizam
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:10 pm    Post subject:

The God Particle wrote:
samnizam wrote:
Megaton wrote:

Yeah, this game was another reminder that Lonzo simply struggles to create his own shot. He's got many strengths, but giving him the ball in the last 10 seconds of a game is definitely not it. In fact, it's a glaring weakness that we can go to our PG in those instances.

Ty.ty.ty.ty.ty.ty..
LAkers 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:11 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
Very frustrating loss cuz we had this until Lillard went Kobe upside our head.

Just one of those games that felt like this would happen as we had way too many consecutive possessions of missing shots.

That said definitely hurts to play a very good team like that when you're down a BI and Hart. I think if we had BI we win.

By the way, agree re KCP...I'm shocked he thought it would be a good play to take that wild shot just cuz he believed there was contact. Just aggravating.

Agree. KCP with a stupid shot at that juncture even though there was contact. BUT, the worst one was blowing that layup. Given a chance to make it up and completely blowing an easier shot is the heart-breaker.

Near the end, the Lakers just blew it... bad shot, missed shot, foul, offensive rebounds, missed free-throws, and then a poor last possession. Credit to the blazers, or lillard for stepping up HUGE.

Lakers show they don't have a go-to guy. Hopefully that just incentivizes the
front office to do even more to bring in 2 superstars.

Last edited by LAkers 4 Life on Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
samnizam
Star Player
Star Player

Harlemlakerfan wrote:
We lost this game because of one reason, and one reason only! Dame Lillard went nuclear on us, period. The have a top shelf level player and we don't! End of story.

And who was guarding him. Lonzo
mookielala
Star Player
Star Player

We would have won if we had Paul George
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

The God Particle wrote:
samnizam wrote:
Megaton wrote:

Yeah, this game was another reminder that Lonzo simply struggles to create his own shot. He's got many strengths, but giving him the ball in the last 10 seconds of a game is definitely not one of them. In fact, it's a glaring weakness that we can't go to our PG in those instances.

Yeah like last game right? Or tonight when he hit another clutch 3?

Explain how the hell can one create a shot when a player never gets the ball back and the opportunity to do so?
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

Sentient Meat wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
We were the better team... just too many players didn't have it. I look on the bright side in that we almost won playing horribly.

Lot of people to blame but IT does deserve the lion's share.

But the good thing is that while a rookie might be traumatized... IT will come back next game believing he can still make his shots.

and likely bricking them all the same

I'm fully admitting he sucked tonight... I hope you will do the same the next time he has a good game. We are on the same side after all as far as the team goes.

As horrible as he was, he still was second in scoring.

aprevo15
Star Player
Star Player

We played a great defensive game tonight. I am proud of our guys. The 3's by Lillard killed us. They were well contested 3's except for the near half court one but who would of thought he was going to shoot it from that distance.

Last edited by aprevo15 on Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:12 pm    Post subject:

Fracture wrote:
Whatever I'm over it. It took lillard a monster game to beat us without Ingram and Hart. Onto the next.

That is what I was thinking, having Ingram out is no joke, Lillard had to go on Superman mode to beat us...

We are good.....
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:12 pm    Post subject:

Lonzo does need to stop worrying about his precious FG% and keep shooting early in the game even when his shot doesn't fall. Makes the offense too predictable when he retreats back in his shell.

We were better guys... that's why this one hurts. No excuse for not closing down Lillard at the end when foul trouble wasn't an issue.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:13 pm    Post subject:

aprevo15 wrote:
We played a great defensive game tonight. I am proud of our guys. The 3's by Lillard killed us. They were well contested 3's except for the near half court one but who would of thought he was going to shoot it from that distance. I am very proud of our guys.

Next season is gonna be fun, we will close out the season on a high note and take the league by storm next year
samnizam
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:14 pm    Post subject:

We need closer period. We are one player away
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

adkindo wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
We were the better team... just too many players didn't have it. I look on the bright side in that we almost won playing horribly.

Lot of people to blame but IT does deserve the lion's share.

But the good thing is that while a rookie might be traumatized... IT will come back next game believing he can still make his shots.

and likely bricking them all the same

I'm fully admitting he sucked tonight... I hope you will do the same the next time he has a good game. We are on the same side after all as far as the team goes.

As horrible as he was, he still was second in scoring.

I would have been happy for Zo to be taking the shots instead but he didn't want it once he went cold at the beginning.

We are still the better team... we had good looks and they just weren't falling. And we didn't have BI and Hart.
repandpresent
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

samnizam wrote:
repandpresent wrote:
Damn, haven't seen a shooting game like that since Kobe. Horrible.

Of course he will own up to this though. But to him he will say, without his 7 assists the Lakers would have never been it.

I was OK with him coming off the bench but once he made that comment where he took most credit for a culture change... he lost my respect. He wasn't there in training camp grinding out defense sets

We lost the game because of Dame, but ITs poor decision making at the end did not help either. He is damn near Tiere Brown-like with his drive and jump pass. He's so careless taking it to the rack.

I think its obvious he is playing for his next contract on what ever team decides to pay him, my guess is the Pacers.

Lonzo is the reasons we lost the game . Defense was not 5here.

Really? Because Dame was going off? I'm sure you have seen Dame go off before? No one could have stopped him tonight.

So IT's 4th qtr consisted of a crucial missed FT, poor shooting and two turn overs weren't most of the reason we lost tonight? Let's not talk about that lay up that almost hit the shot clock.

I know it's a team loss and every loss should be taken that way but he seems to like the idea the Lakers are a much improved team because of him. Yea...
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:15 pm    Post subject:

I have never seen a guy do what Lillard did tonight as far as pulling up from like 35 feet and draining it. He was almost touching the little s of the Lakers logo when he took off for that shot. And drained it, swish.
LAkers 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Megaton wrote:
LAkers 4 Life wrote:
Megaton wrote:

The guy inbounding the ball usually gets the ball back to make a play. Lakers were just completely AWFUL getting open to receive the pass. They were almost bailed out too. If IT makes that free-throw, who knows what could've happened with the momentum.

When was the last time this team ever drew up a play when the inbounder ever got the ball back in the closing minutes?

This is a Luke coached team. That literally never happens. Whoever inbounds it never gets it back, because Luke doesn’t work that way.

That's true. A common inbounds play that everyone has and yet we hardly see this Laker squad use. It's these sort of situations where a veteran assistant coach would be worthwhile. Not sure about Luke's X's and O's, but to be fair we'll never really know what the play was because the team was guarded very well and none of them could get open. Even more, nobody seemed to set a pick to free someone up.
TheGoat1
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

Ugh...I'm tired of losing to the Blazers. 2nd to the Celtics, I hate the Blazers the most. I was hoping that they could finally win this one, but in the back of my mind I knew that Lillard would go off. He destroys us ever since he's come into the league. I wonder if we've ever actually kept him at his scoring average. I'd look it up, but I'm too lazy.

Overall, can't be surprised about the outcome. One team has a hero closer and the other does not.
ingle
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

Lillard got hot in the 4th, that's what he does. Let's move on
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 51, 52, 53, 54, 55  Next
Page 52 of 55
Jump to: