OFFICIAL Derrick "Rich Man's Anthony Bennet" Williams
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:28 am    Post subject:

LET'S FIGHT ABOUT EVERYTHING!!!

#BannersOverBillboards
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:28 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
The numbers don't lie.

Deng, even in his worst year (2016-17 season), his DBPM was -.2 and his DWS was .8.

That would place him on this team (2017-18):

1. 10th (out of 22 players on the team we had) in DWS
2. 10th in DBPM.

As a 9th/10th man that's perfectly in line. I would want him out in the 2nd unit as a defensive captain telling guys where to go.

10th best defender statistically and he’s one year older this year. And you are dedicated to getting him PT. I just don’t get it.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:29 am    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
The numbers don't lie.

Deng, even in his worst year (2016-17 season), his DBPM was -.2 and his DWS was .8.

2. 10th in DBPM.

As a 9th/10th man that's perfectly in line. I would want him out in the 2nd unit as a defensive captain telling guys where to go.

10th best defender statistically and he’s one year older this year. And you are dedicated to getting him PT. I just don’t get it.

I'm not. My point is that the FO shelved him for good. I'm only advocating a 9/10th man role, and the numbers show he wouldn't "lose more games" as a 9th/10th man on the team. Facts are facts.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:31 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
The numbers don't lie.

2. 10th in DBPM.

I'm not. My point is that the FO shelved him for good. I'm only advocating a 9/10th man role, and the numbers show he wouldn't "lose more games" as a 9th/10th man on the team. Facts are facts.

Those facts don’t prove that man. Getting your 10th best defender more time doesn’t prove you’d lose less with him.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:33 am    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
The numbers don't lie.

2. 10th in DBPM.

Those facts don’t prove that man. Getting your 10th best defender more time doesn’t prove you’d lose less with him.

He would be getting less than 10mpg. But would give us depth at the forward spots when guys went down with injuries. Not sure why this that controversial. He's not going to be a game changer nor is he going to make us lose games. But he would have helped with depth on the team.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:36 am    Post subject:

Welcome DWill!
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:38 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
The numbers don't lie.

2. 10th in DBPM.

He would be getting less than 10mpg. But would give us depth at the forward spots when guys went down with injuries. Not sure why this that controversial. He's not going to be a game changer nor is he going to make us lose games. But he would have helped with depth on the team.

Exactly my point. And he would be happier with his situation and less likely to accept a buyout. Not worth it.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:53 am    Post subject:

doing favor to his ex client? i think so
JRocc88
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:00 am    Post subject:

Since ppl in here are talking about Deng (even though it's a lukewarm welcome for Derrick Williams thread), I'd like to add another question to the mix. I can't remember any time a healthy player was held out like this because of contract issues. The only similar situation happening right now is with Noah in NY, but he's being a dick about not playing, so they sent him away. Deng has been a saint.

My question is: will the way the Lakers are handling this situation affect their standing with other free agents in the long run? I wonder if other players look at Deng and say to themselves, 'Man, he gettin the shaft, that's not a player-friendly team, just about the money.'

Discuss.
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:23 am    Post subject:

Unecessary signing. He does nothing for our team. He can't shoot and he isnt a good defender. We needed more of a wing 3D player with BI and Hart out not a tweener 3/4 that can't shoot or D up
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:37 am    Post subject:

JRocc88 wrote:
Since ppl in here are talking about Deng (even though it's a lukewarm welcome for Derrick Williams thread), I'd like to add another question to the mix. I can't remember any time a healthy player was held out like this because of contract issues. The only similar situation happening right now is with Noah in NY, but he's being a dick about not playing, so they sent him away. Deng has been a saint.

My question is: will the way the Lakers are handling this situation affect their standing with other free agents in the long run? I wonder if other players look at Deng and say to themselves, 'Man, he gettin the shaft, that's not a player-friendly team, just about the money.'

Discuss.

Non issue. The Lakers have a long track record of being player friendly.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:40 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
King Randle wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Yes, we would have won more games with Deng.

Fair enough. I disagree.

I disagree as well. Absolutely no way you win more games with Deng. If anything you lose more.

Wow. You're putting way too much of an onus on someone who would be a 9-10th man. No way the Lakers lose more with him. I think from a defensive standpoint, he adds value as someone who had a rep as a good team defender.

And look at Mike _at_ LG's post above. People forget that.

At 18m it's a gross overpay. But forgetting about that, he would be a net positive as a 9th/10th man. Unless you think Ennis should play more.

Again we'll just have to disagree. He used to be a good defender. I went to a practice early this year and believe me he looked like he was stuck in mud. I wouldn't play Ennis or Deng. Just give more minutes to the guys that are playing now.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:42 am    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
JRocc88 wrote:

Discuss.

They did, but those Lakers are gone. It remains to be seen with this spoiled group.

Last edited by venturalakersfan on Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:56 am; edited 1 time in total
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:47 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
JRocc88 wrote:

Discuss.

They did, but those Lakers are gone. It means to be seen with this spoiled group.

Spoiled? Who are you talking about?

The guys we want will be looking at the contract they gave an old Kobe not how Deng was treated. Jeanie has proven she’s player friendly at least with stars.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:57 am    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
JRocc88 wrote:

Discuss.

They did, but those Lakers are gone. It means to be seen with this spoiled group.

Spoiled? Who are you talking about?

The guys we want will be looking at the contract they gave an old Kobe not how Deng was treated. Jeanie has proven she’s player friendly at least with stars.

Don't fall for the bite bro...Ventura is trolling you like he does everyone else here who has something positive to say about this FO.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:58 am    Post subject:

Actually I was talking about the ownership group but I wouldn’t expect you to figure that out. Jerry Buss was Jerry Buss. He is gone and now his kids have to show us something. So far, nothing.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:05 am    Post subject:

Former Pelinka client.
ElginBaylor
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:07 am    Post subject:

When did this turn into a Deng thread? Can anyone express their thoughts on what, if any, the reasoning behind the DWill signing is. Is it a good thing? Meaningless? Questionable management move?
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:18 am    Post subject:

Meaningless, probably a buffer for Wear’s contract to expire.
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:19 am    Post subject:

ElginBaylor wrote:
When did this turn into a Deng thread? Can anyone express their thoughts on what, if any, the reasoning behind the DWill signing is. Is it a good thing? Meaningless? Questionable management move?

Just trying to avoid scenarios where they have to trot out the IT, Lonzo, Ennis lineup, which could be called a lineup of death, but aimed at the wrong side.
Christopher Walken
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:25 am    Post subject:

Wonder if Dwill still has the look of the singer SEAL if he became a Logger.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:50 am    Post subject:

Who's the best #2 pick of all time? Durant, Ingram, or Zo! 😂

In other news, if DWill was drafted by the Cavs instead Lebron is either in Miami or LA...
trablos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:10 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
All I remember is my DWill being robbed by 2 girls he brought home in NYC. Hopefully his defense in LA, both on/off the court will be better.

Annihilator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:21 pm    Post subject:

Stats.

Those 3pt shouting averages hurt my eyes.

--Anonymous
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:24 pm    Post subject:

Read this whole thread hoping IG would suggest he is better than Kawhi....oh well....rather have gave a true wing from G Leavue a look, but hope he does well.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7
Jump to: