LAKERS -at- NUGGETS - 3/9 - Game Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 36, 37, 38  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Baron Von Humongous
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 02 Jul 2015
Posts: 16923

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:44 pm    Post subject:

Rhazz wrote:
Christopher Walken wrote:
BynumForThree wrote:
Jokic is so underrated. Dude is a legitimate franchise changing talent. Lonzo gets talked about more than he does for crying out loud.

Ummm, That's because Lonzo is a laker...
and this is a Laker board...


Jokic puts up good numbers but a team is never winning a championship if he’s their best player. And let’s be honest if the Nuggets somehow manage to make the playoffs they’re getting swept. They can thank the refs and Walton’s lack of any coherent game plan for this one.

1) A team without Larry Brown isn't winning a championship without a current top-5 NBA player leading them.

2) Jokic could get to top-5 NBA player status.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 17 Dec 2002
Posts: 5507
Location: L.A.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:44 pm    Post subject:

Played like chumps to end the game. Just like I said on page 1... Someone needed to elbow Murray in the face. The only guy on the team with any fire in his belly is 5'8".
_________________
"Be the person you needed when you were younger..."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Christopher Walken
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 05 Jul 2016
Posts: 733

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:45 pm    Post subject:

30-16 Free throws, guess who got 30?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Inspector Gadget
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 18 Apr 2016
Posts: 21694
Location: LA, CA

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:45 pm    Post subject:

Christopher Walken wrote:
BynumForThree wrote:
Jokic is so underrated. Dude is a legitimate franchise changing talent. Lonzo gets talked about more than he does for crying out loud.

Ummm, That's because Lonzo is a laker...
and this is a Laker board...


He’s more excited to remind me that Lonzo isn’t averaging 13+ assists then to give him his due
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Baron Von Humongous
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 02 Jul 2015
Posts: 16923

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:45 pm    Post subject:

PLATNUM wrote:
Played like chumps to end the game. Just like I said on page 1... Someone needed to elbow Murray in the face. The only guy on the team with any fire in his belly is 5'8".

Lawdy, you're a bad poster.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakeShow500
Sixth Man
Sixth Man


Joined: 13 Apr 2016
Posts: 27

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:48 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
2) Jokic could get to top-5 NBA player status.

It would require a quantum leap in defensive proficiency. Needs to get stronger, needs to be better in help, needs to be quicker laterally.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 17 Dec 2002
Posts: 5507
Location: L.A.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:48 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
PLATNUM wrote:
Played like chumps to end the game. Just like I said on page 1... Someone needed to elbow Murray in the face. The only guy on the team with any fire in his belly is 5'8".

Lawdy, you're a bad poster.



Haha. Ok
_________________
"Be the person you needed when you were younger..."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
chantruong
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 15 Jun 2009
Posts: 7493
Location: SGV

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:49 pm    Post subject:

Off topic, but Denver is gonna have huge cap issues soon. THey just signed Millsap 30 mill/yr and Jokic is due for extension this summer. He will definitely get a 25 mill/yr. Then Murray will be due for an extension. They will be dumping contracts and picks soon. If we rise to the playoffs, they can be out of the playoffs and be in the luxury tax. Denver could end up in the worse position possible. Too good to tank, not good enough to make the playoffs.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 17 Dec 2002
Posts: 5507
Location: L.A.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:51 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
PLATNUM wrote:
Played like chumps to end the game. Just like I said on page 1... Someone needed to elbow Murray in the face. The only guy on the team with any fire in his belly is 5'8".

Lawdy, you're a bad poster.


You've got more than double the amount of posts as I do in 1/4 the time. I guess I should up my post count so the law of averages can help me out.
_________________
"Be the person you needed when you were younger..."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Inspector Gadget
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 18 Apr 2016
Posts: 21694
Location: LA, CA

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:54 pm    Post subject:

chantruong wrote:
Off topic, but Denver is gonna have huge cap issues soon. THey just signed Millsap 30 mill/yr and Jokic is due for extension this summer. He will definitely get a 25 mill/yr. Then Murray will be due for an extension. They will be dumping contracts and picks soon. If we rise to the playoffs, they can be out of the playoffs and be in the luxury tax. Denver could end up in the worse position possible. Too good to tank, not good enough to make the playoffs.


And no freaking way any FA would want to go to cold Denver, there hope is basically that there young trio becomes really good but they also could risk losing Barton and others in the next couple of seasons.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Baron Von Humongous
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 02 Jul 2015
Posts: 16923

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:56 pm    Post subject:

PLATNUM wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
PLATNUM wrote:
Played like chumps to end the game. Just like I said on page 1... Someone needed to elbow Murray in the face. The only guy on the team with any fire in his belly is 5'8".

Lawdy, you're a bad poster.


You've got more than double the amount of posts as I do in 1/4 the time. I guess I should up my post count so the law of averages can help me out.

Naw, quality matters more than quatity, as always. As a mercy, you've deprived LG of both.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
tgi_friyay
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 04 Nov 2017
Posts: 198

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:56 pm    Post subject:

This place after a loss...

Laters.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 17 Dec 2002
Posts: 5507
Location: L.A.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:58 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
PLATNUM wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
PLATNUM wrote:
Played like chumps to end the game. Just like I said on page 1... Someone needed to elbow Murray in the face. The only guy on the team with any fire in his belly is 5'8".

Lawdy, you're a bad poster.


You've got more than double the amount of posts as I do in 1/4 the time. I guess I should up my post count so the law of averages can help me out.

Naw, quality matters more than quatity, as always. As a mercy, you've deprived LG of both.


You can disagree with my post all u want. I was half joking...and venting after a loss.
Why make it personal?
_________________
"Be the person you needed when you were younger..."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Baron Von Humongous
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 02 Jul 2015
Posts: 16923

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:00 pm    Post subject:

chantruong wrote:
Off topic, but Denver is gonna have huge cap issues soon. THey just signed Millsap 30 mill/yr and Jokic is due for extension this summer. He will definitely get a 25 mill/yr. Then Murray will be due for an extension. They will be dumping contracts and picks soon. If we rise to the playoffs, they can be out of the playoffs and be in the luxury tax. Denver could end up in the worse position possible. Too good to tank, not good enough to make the playoffs.

They basically screwed themselves with the Mitchell trade. Millsap's contract is up next summer, so it isn't a huge issue, but trading back from Mitchell for Lyles and Syracuse whitey may have screwed them much more than their cap ever will.

But yes, they will be functionally capped out on Jokic, Harris, Plumlee, and Murray.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Baron Von Humongous
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 02 Jul 2015
Posts: 16923

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:02 pm    Post subject:

PLATNUM wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
PLATNUM wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
PLATNUM wrote:
Played like chumps to end the game. Just like I said on page 1... Someone needed to elbow Murray in the face. The only guy on the team with any fire in his belly is 5'8".

Lawdy, you're a bad poster.


You've got more than double the amount of posts as I do in 1/4 the time. I guess I should up my post count so the law of averages can help me out.

Naw, quality matters more than quatity, as always. As a mercy, you've deprived LG of both.


You can disagree with my post all u want. I was half joking...and venting after a loss.
Why make it personal?

I apologize, and I understand if you don't want to wipe the slate clean after my cheap shot, but I hope you do.

I disagree with your initial post, I think multiple players on this team besides IT have a fire in their bellies regardless.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerSD
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 10 Nov 2016
Posts: 6332

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:03 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
But yes, they will be functionally capped out on Jokic, Harris, Plumlee, and Murray.


Another team on the mediocre playoff team treadmill...I’m good with it!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 17 Dec 2002
Posts: 5507
Location: L.A.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:05 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
PLATNUM wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
PLATNUM wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
PLATNUM wrote:
Played like chumps to end the game. Just like I said on page 1... Someone needed to elbow Murray in the face. The only guy on the team with any fire in his belly is 5'8".

Lawdy, you're a bad poster.


You've got more than double the amount of posts as I do in 1/4 the time. I guess I should up my post count so the law of averages can help me out.

Naw, quality matters more than quatity, as always. As a mercy, you've deprived LG of both.


You can disagree with my post all u want. I was half joking...and venting after a loss.
Why make it personal?

I apologize, and I understand if you don't want to wipe the slate clean after my cheap shot, but I hope you do.

I disagree with your initial post, I think multiple players on this team besides IT have a fire in their bellies regardless.


It's all good. Losses suck and I tend to get carried away with the hyperbole as a result.

_________________
"Be the person you needed when you were younger..."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Inspector Gadget
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 18 Apr 2016
Posts: 21694
Location: LA, CA

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:08 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
chantruong wrote:
Off topic, but Denver is gonna have huge cap issues soon. THey just signed Millsap 30 mill/yr and Jokic is due for extension this summer. He will definitely get a 25 mill/yr. Then Murray will be due for an extension. They will be dumping contracts and picks soon. If we rise to the playoffs, they can be out of the playoffs and be in the luxury tax. Denver could end up in the worse position possible. Too good to tank, not good enough to make the playoffs.

They basically screwed themselves with the Mitchell trade. Millsap's contract is up next summer, so it isn't a huge issue, but trading back from Mitchell for Lyles and Syracuse whitey may have screwed them much more than their cap ever will.

But yes, they will be functionally capped out on Jokic, Harris, Plumlee, and Murray.


Jokic is potentially great and they have good shooters, if they don’t rise in these next few years they will be screwed
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
chantruong
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 15 Jun 2009
Posts: 7493
Location: SGV

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:08 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
But yes, they will be functionally capped out on Jokic, Harris, Plumlee, and Murray.


Another team on the mediocre playoff team treadmill...I’m good with it!


The problem is they may not even make the playoffs, especially if we come back to contention.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 13 Apr 2001
Posts: 28493

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:11 pm    Post subject:

We should have kept going to Brook down low. Sigh.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number Reply with quote
LakerSD
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 10 Nov 2016
Posts: 6332

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:14 pm    Post subject:

chantruong wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
But yes, they will be functionally capped out on Jokic, Harris, Plumlee, and Murray.


Another team on the mediocre playoff team treadmill...I’m good with it!


The problem is they may not even make the playoffs, especially if we come back to contention.


No doubt. They will be a middling 7-10 seed type team.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
RichD
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 02 Jul 2014
Posts: 1733

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:16 pm    Post subject:

KCP elbowed Murray at the end. Stood up for Lonzo. This I like!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 17 Sep 2008
Posts: 17833
Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:26 pm    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
We should have kept going to Brook down low. Sigh.

I agree. If they don't have an answer, then KEEP DOING IT! Frustrating AF.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Baron Von Humongous
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 02 Jul 2015
Posts: 16923

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:35 pm    Post subject:

PLATNUM wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
PLATNUM wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
PLATNUM wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
PLATNUM wrote:
Played like chumps to end the game. Just like I said on page 1... Someone needed to elbow Murray in the face. The only guy on the team with any fire in his belly is 5'8".

Lawdy, you're a bad poster.


You've got more than double the amount of posts as I do in 1/4 the time. I guess I should up my post count so the law of averages can help me out.

Naw, quality matters more than quatity, as always. As a mercy, you've deprived LG of both.


You can disagree with my post all u want. I was half joking...and venting after a loss.
Why make it personal?

I apologize, and I understand if you don't want to wipe the slate clean after my cheap shot, but I hope you do.

I disagree with your initial post, I think multiple players on this team besides IT have a fire in their bellies regardless.


It's all good. Losses suck and I tend to get carried away with the hyperbole as a result.

Cheers back, and I apologize again because I think I mistook you for another poster on top of everything.

The Lakers will rise again and tonight was another good sign of that even with the loss.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Baron Von Humongous
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 02 Jul 2015
Posts: 16923

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:37 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
chantruong wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
But yes, they will be functionally capped out on Jokic, Harris, Plumlee, and Murray.


Another team on the mediocre playoff team treadmill...I’m good with it!


The problem is they may not even make the playoffs, especially if we come back to contention.


No doubt. They will be a middling 7-10 seed type team.

I mean, Jokic is 21, Murray is 20, and Harris is 22-23. They have a long window with a strong core under 25.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 36, 37, 38  Next
Page 37 of 38
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB